03-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Hey, you wanna watch a spoiler heavy clip? Follow the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7C-K0RgUYk&feature=share

pandaprime
03-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Darth Maul can haz legs? :p

StarwarsTF
03-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Super stoked! So I guess they will let us know how his horns on his head shrunk and grew back? lol

Prowl_2009
03-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Looking forward to this episode! :D

Robimus
03-17-2012, 01:56 AM
I liked the scene with Asajj taking the bounty. A great use of silence by this show.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n107/SithStarSlayer/2012-03-16212123-1.jpg

pandaprime
03-17-2012, 10:29 AM
i was expecting more...

not the best season finale...

Napseeker
03-17-2012, 11:56 AM
I was worried that Obi and Ventress would find some clever way in the last minute to kill both Savage and Maul... glad it didn't happen. But I seriously didn't put it past the showrunners to bring Maul back to life and then kill him again in 2 episodes.

Also nice to see the new non-spider legs, and that they kept the same legs that were used for the SW Visionairies story. Obviously the CW eps now invalidates that Visionairies tale though.

lars573
03-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I liked how Mother Talzin reached into his head and yanked out the crazy.

Robimus
03-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Obviously the CW eps now invalidates that Visionairies tale though.

The Visionaries tale was always non-canon. It still stands on its own in the way it was originally intended.

Napseeker
03-17-2012, 03:19 PM
True, but I think a fair number of people treated that story as reasonably canonical until something was going to come along and invalidate it (like last night's episode).

Robimus
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Something doesn't have to be canon to be popular, look at Star Wars Lego for example. Visionaries Maul even had an exclusive action figure because of that popularity.

But canon does remain canon no matter how people feel about it. This is honestly the first of heard of people(anyone really) actually feeling like that was the official story before this show came along.

tekkamanraiden
03-18-2012, 08:03 AM
A decent episode and at least we got some decent lightsaber combat.

Scrapper6
03-18-2012, 09:07 AM
This episode vastly improved over last week's slow as Sith build up to nothing. I mean, if they hadn't spoiled the fact that Maul would be found ALIVE it might have actually meant something to see him again.

The interactions between the new are quite nice too, Maul has no love for his brother, he certainly wouldn't go on some insane quest to find him as Savage did for him.

Many people died for his revenge, alas he was cheated of it at the last moment. And Obi-Wan actually wielded a red colored saber, how fun.

I am extremely glad that the status quo wasn't reverted to normal by episodes end, there is much potential here and as long as next seasons big opening story arc doesn't involve the immediate slaughter of Darth Maul to protect Sidious' identity I'll be quite pleased. You don't have to kill someone just for the sake of killing them. Make it good, I'd even accept that Anakin eventually murders Maul on his path to the dark side.

Whatever happens I'm hoping it won't be ruined by rushed resolutions of conflict.

EDIT: I'm actually kind of hoping they make another Theatrical Length release with Maul as the central villain. Twenty-Two minutes plus commercials isn't enough to get every angle in, not once did we even see Sidious/Palpatine and how he feels about this revelation. Or if he's behind the entire thing for some dark reason.

pud333
03-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Finale was weak. The fact that Maul's return was spoiled also made it even worse. However, Maul looked awesome with his new legs. I know I sold all my CW toys, but I think I might pick up Maul if I saw him in the stores.

Canon or not, this series is still way better than episodes 1-3.

Robimus
03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
TCW is completely canon, most stuff is unless its either been retconned(changed like say Boba Fett's original backstory or this Maul ressurection) or is intentionally identified as existing outside canon.

Sorry, I know this canon talk probably sounds Huttese to a lot of folks, but its something I've followed very closely for what now is some 20 plus years.[insert geek icon here]

While its arguable how well having one singular continuity for a multi media franchise the size of Star Wars works, sometimes it can seem pretty silly, its also something that makes the Star Wars universe as a whole special in my eyes.

Prowl_2009
03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
This finale had some nice lightsaber fighting, but I was seriously thinking either Maul, Savage or Ventress was going to bite the dust before the credits rolled.

Oh well, guess we'll be seeing all these characters again in Season 5.