PDA

View Full Version : Joe 30th Anniversary Cases?

Scrapper6
05-01-2012, 01:05 PM
What exactly are the exact case breakdowns for these Joes? I ask because the re-packed Cobra Viper seems to be pretty hard to come by even with TRU stocking and refreshing constantly.

Though I guess it depends on if they were included in any case revisions past the first assortment.

I kind of want my second Cobra Viper for my Troop Building requirements, same goes for the Techno Viper double I need, and knowing how the cases break down might be a bit useful.

I know Storm Shadow is pretty tough to come by even in the States, kind of a shame really, hope to still stumble across one this month before they 30th stuff stops getting stocked altogether in favor of Retaliation. (Do you think that might actually happen?)

Another thing, why aren't they stocking the Vehicles? Hasbro only made one group of three vehicles from all I can tell and not a single store has even stocked that. Kind of makes you wonder if the Retaliation vehicles will even be stocked. Even with the Movie Tie-In nature.

Toy Gremlin
05-01-2012, 03:26 PM
So far I have only seen the 30th Anniversary Cobra Viper come in Wave 1 cases at TRU.

Wave 1 case breakdown:

2x Hazard Viper
2x IG
2x Cobra Viper
2x Steel Brigade
2x Cobra Trooper
2x Sgt. Stalker

From what I can find, there is a Wave 2 case that contains a Cobra Viper from Wave 1, but I haven't seen this case at TRU.

Wave 2 Case Breakdown:

1x Cobra Trooper
1x Viper
1x IG
1x Hazard Viper
2x Firefly (Renegades)
2x SE (Renegades)
2x Duke (Renegades)
2x CC (Renegades)

From what I saw at my local TRU, the wave 3 case is a revision case that contains all the Renegades figures from Wave 2 & 3. Duke and CC from wave 2 replaced the extra Techno Viper and Cobra Trooper (Renegades) that came with the original Wave 3 case.

Wave 3 Revision Case Breakdown:

1x Techno Viper (Renegades)
1x Cobra Trooper (Renegades)
1x Ripcord (Renegades)
1x Scarlett (Renegades)
1x Storm Shadow (Renegades)
1x Tunnel Rat (Renegades)
1x Snake Eyes (Renegades)
1x Firefly (Renegades)
1x Duke (Renegades)
1x Cobra Commander (Renegades)
1x Hazard Viper
1x Cobra Trooper

Hope that helps!

Edit: Fixed name for Wave 3 Cobra Trooper. Wasn't paying attention when I was typing it out. :doh: :o

Scrapper6
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Interesting, it would appear that the Revision Case is the one appearing more often now, since the Techno Viper is quite absent from the recent re-stock I noticed.

What is the difference between Cobra Trooper and Cobra - The Enemy?

Better get my two Steel Brigade and remaining Hazard-Viper before they vanish. Although those ones don't seem to be high sellers.

Haven't seen personally any Renegades Troopers either.

I guess Case 4's Assortment will include Airtight, Lifeline, Sci-Fi, Law & Order and the Zombie Viper in place of some of these other figures. Shame that one hasn't been spotted yet, as I'm not really interested in getting Renegades Duke, Scarlett or Snake-Eyes and Ripcord isn't much of an interesting figure worth picking up in my eyes. Unless you're a total 30th Anniversary Collection Completist.

Toy Gremlin
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
What is the difference between Cobra Trooper and Cobra - The Enemy?

The Renegade Cobra Troopers are those Cobra Security guard guys from the cartoon. Cobra - the Enemy are the blue shirts from POC wave 5 and 30th Anniversary wave 1. Hasbro should of used Cobra Security or some other name for those Renegade Troopers. I got confused at first too. :p

Scrapper6
05-01-2012, 07:38 PM
The Renegade Cobra Troopers are those Cobra Security guard guys from the cartoon. Cobra - the Enemy are the blue shirts from POC wave 5 and 30th Anniversary wave 1. Hasbro should of used Cobra Security or some other name for those Renegade Troopers. I got confused at first too. :p

Oh no, I got that part, it's just I wasn't sure why they used two different names for the regular non-Renegades version of the Cobra Trooper... Are there any differences in the accessories/paint jobs/packaging between Cobra Trooper Wave 1 and Cobra - The Enemy Wave 3?

Toy Gremlin
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Oh no, I got that part, it's just I wasn't sure why they used two different names for the regular non-Renegades version of the Cobra Trooper... Are there any differences in the accessories/paint jobs/packaging between Cobra Trooper Wave 1 and Cobra - The Enemy Wave 3?

Sorry! My bad! I made a mistake when I was typing out the case breakdown. They both should be Cobra Trooper. :o

I'm not too sure. I didn't look too closely at the Wave 3 Cobra Trooper figures. I heard there was suppose to be a Cobra Trooper variant (no barbwire and only 1 pistol). I'm not sure if that was the Cobra Trooper that came in the Wave 3 Revision case.

Here is a link to a Hisstank post that shows what the variant looks like:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toys-modern-general-discussion/154758-new-30th-cobra-trooper-variants.html#post2895359

Scrapper6
05-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Sorry! My bad! I made a mistake when I was typing out the case breakdown. They both should be Cobra Trooper. :o

I'm not too sure. I didn't look too closely at the Wave 3 Cobra Trooper figures. I heard there was suppose to be a Cobra Trooper variant (no barbwire and only 1 pistol). I'm not sure if that was the Cobra Trooper that came in the Wave 3 Revision case.

Here is a link to a Hisstank post that shows what the variant looks like:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toys-modern-general-discussion/154758-new-30th-cobra-trooper-variants.html#post2895359

Well, considering none of the three Troopers I've bought had the barb wire, they must all be from the revision case. (Yeah I said three, the first Trooper I bought had to get exchanged because his left arm was way too tight and nearly twisted clean off when I tried to rotate it. Ordinarily I get two of every Troop Builder, even re-packs, thus I'm guaranteed to at least have five or so of each figure unless it's unique.)

So, when can we expect the vehicles? Or did they come and go already back at the end of last year?

Toy Gremlin
05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Well, considering none of the three Troopers I've bought had the barb wire, they must all be from the revision case. (Yeah I said three, the first Trooper I bought had to get exchanged because his left arm was way too tight and nearly twisted clean off when I tried to rotate it. Ordinarily I get two of every Troop Builder, even re-packs, thus I'm guaranteed to at least have five or so of each figure unless it's unique.)

So, when can we expect the vehicles? Or did they come and go already back at the end of last year?

I would like to know about the vehicles as well. I don't think the 30th Anniversary Vehicles have been released at Canadian retail yet. With the movie stuff coming out soon, the likelihood of seeing them at retail is pretty slim. I'm just hoping that Winners will get these in.