PDA

View Full Version : Fanboys finally to get Canadian Release!

Robimus
04-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Better late than never I guess. Fanboys will hit the big screen in select Canadian cities starting April 3.

Toronto (AMC Yonge & Dundas)
Vancouver (Cinemark Tinseltown)
Montreal (AMC Forum)

Check out the trailer here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntzYG9t5zi0)

Cemetary Man
04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Finally! Gonna watch it tomorrow, hopefully. :)

Robimus
04-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Coming to DVD May 19th :)

Robimus
05-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Should be in stores on DVD tomorrow.

jacobot
05-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Guess I'll have to buy it... My movie Pusher ain't gonna have it ;)

Robimus
05-21-2009, 03:56 PM
D'oh, I see reports now that June 2nd is the Canadian release date.....:mad:

Robimus
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
So I was pretty underwhelmed and even dissapointed by this film.

See in 2004 there was a film made called Saving Star Wars which contains some of the exact same premises as this flick but without the toilet humor. Really this is more Harold and Kumar go to Skywalker Ranch than anything else....

The idea that Lucas keeps files on all his fans, well that was in Saving Star Wars long before it was borrowed for this film.

Saving Star Wars has a former Star Wars fan who's gotten on with his life much like the lead in Fanboys, and the fanatical friend who lives, eats and breaths the franchise. Character dieing from Cancer, check.

Worst, I never really could make myself buy into the actors on screen as big Star Wars fans. The cameos were poorly used.(Just have Billy Dee be Billy Dee danm it:p. He's cool like that).

This film felt more like someone trying to use Star Wars to make a buck than a truly heart felt homage to the franchise.

Even Danny Trejo couldn't save the film:p

And the Ewok humping Hutch's leg pretty much sums up everything about the film for me.:(