PDA

View Full Version : New DCIH figs found at Walmart

4lott
04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Found new DCIH figs at a Walmart north of Monreal today. Among the new figs were Nightwing, GCPD, and Scarecrow. There were also more Bats, supes etc. Interestingly they were on American cards. Anyone else find these?

Robimus
04-03-2009, 12:59 AM
4lott, can you give us some more info on this please. I'd like to frontpage this if it is a new release but I need some help on the DC stuff cause I know nothing about it.

Stuff like Wave #, full case assortment or whatnot would help a lot.

jacobot
04-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Yeah I've seen GCPD and Scarceow out at TRU... I didn't look closely enough to see if it was US carded though...that's the odd part

4lott
04-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Robimus, I'm going to hit the stores today to try and figure out exactly which figures are in this new asst. So far I've only seen Scarecrow GCPD and Nightwing. Since jacobot found some at TRU I guess it wasn't just a local fluke shipment but (hopefully) more of an indication that Canadian retailers are still supporting this line. I know my TRU got a truck in yesterday so I'll post what I find ASAP. Hopefully I'll find an unopened case somewhere so I'll get the asst. #. I also posted on Fwoosh to see if anyone knows which asst. this is. I checked on Entertainment Earth's site to try and find as case that corresponded to what I found but no luck.

jacobot
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3540/3408704915_cb4a57dc34.jpg

Icetron
04-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow wtf, I didn't know they carried DCUC! :eek: Wonder if BC will get those.

Robimus
04-03-2009, 11:02 AM
So DCUC stands for what exactly? DC Universe ?????

I think we're good to go with jacobots picture, I just want to be sure what they're calling them .:)

FlightWeaponAlpha
04-03-2009, 12:00 PM
So DCUD stands for what exactly? DC Universe ?????

I think we're ggod to go with jacobots picture, I just want to be sure what they're calling them .:)
The DCUC are actually the 6" scale figures, the DC Universe Classics line, and are amazing figures all around. I highly recommend this line to any DC fan.

The 4" figures are actually the DCIH, or DC Infinite Heroes line. Canada to date has only received some shoddy shipments of the later waves, starting with Wave 3, Revision 2. There are also some of the "updated" collector 3-packs at TRU, which have different characters in some of them than originally released in these sets (i.e. Golden Age Jay Garrick Flash rather than the Barry Allen Flash in the Flash set). These belong to 3-pack Wave 5.

Cheers.

jacobot
04-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Therefore... TRU Canada has received a 2nd revision with 3 new 4" figs and new 6" figs from the DC universe...

I can't believe the 4" DC figs are only $7.99 @ Zellers when everything else there is overpriced...lol

CTO15
04-03-2009, 01:05 PM
i believe at walmart they are 7.99 as well.

pud333
04-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, spotted the same stuff at TRU in the past week.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come! More DCIH and DCUC = happy pud333.

4lott
04-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Unfortunately in Que. we generally don't get figures in unilingual packaging Actually that's not quite true, TRU gets 'em then they're sent back down the 401 before they hit the pegs. Anyway, re: the US carded DCIH, if anyone finds these in WALMART could you please post the figs that were in the asst. I already know there's a Nightwing, GCPD, Scarecrow, Batman, Joker, Superman and GA. If this is the whole asst. then I won't waste my time trying to track down an Atom (Ray) or any of the other new figs. Thanks.

Icetron
12-08-2009, 02:42 AM
I honestly couldn't find a thread to post this in, but how are the DCIH Batman and OMAC figures? I found them at Superstore today and bought them first, but not sure if I will keep them as I have not tried this line at all. Both of them were cool-looking so I grabbed them first.

I also saw a Green Lantern and Superman, didn't really feel the need to buy them though.

Quantum
12-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Man, let's hope this means Canadian retail will beef up DC from now on. Sucks not being able to get hese at normal retail.

SPLIT LIP
12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Anyone know if Bats and Scarecrow are any good? I've been eyeing them, as well as the GCPD three pack from a ways back. With Two Face and a Joker reissue coming up, I thought now would be as good at time as any to look into them.

MrAleck
01-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I love the Scarecrow figure , Batman not so much due to the lack of articulation although there is hope for the future . My wife was kind of enough to spoil me at Christmas with a load of figures she found at Real Canadian Superstore of all places. God bless her ! Scored three Omacs two Manhunters Blue and Grey Batman and I finally got my Sinestro. I can't wait to find the Manhunter wave.

pud333
01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
If people are looking to get into DCIH, I would wait until the new fully articulated figures come out. Mattel has stated they are going back and redoing a bunch of figures in the new articulation. Favorites like Batman and Superman have already been done, and I'm sure they'll show up in single packs soon.

Check out this thread I did on the new articulation vs the old. In my reviews I complained about quality control in the early Public enemies figures, but the quality in Martian Manhunter is excellent. It looks like Mattel addressed those early QC problems:

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3172

TFtoys
01-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I want the female figure articulation

Supertofu
02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Starting now all DCIH figures at Wal-Mart are selling for $2. Get them while they are hot!!!

MisBio12
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3540/3408704915_cb4a57dc34.jpg

wall mart

MrAleck
02-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Ummm I'm pretty sure thats ToysRus man ! Excellent picture though ;)