PDA

View Full Version : Toys"R"Us G.I.Joe, Batman, Spiderman, and Lego Sale June 1st -7th

Robimus
05-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Toy Gremlin brings us news of a sale at Toys "R" us Canada running from Friday June 1st until Thursday June 7th.

-BOGO 1/2 off on all $10.99 GI Joe or Spider-man figures of equal or lesser value. Excludes clearance.
-BOGO 1/2 off on all $15.99 Batman Figures of equal or lesser value. Excludes clearance.
-Lego: 20% off on all city, creator, & basic building sets excludes clearance & books.
-The Amazing Spider-man Movie: 25% Off all Mega Bloks Spider-man sets, $10 off Spider-man Deluxe Vehicle Regular Price $39.99 Sale Price: $29.99
-TDKR movie: $5 off Quick Change Batpod Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $24.97, 6" Movie masters on sale for $19.97 Regular Price: $21.99
-GI Joe Retaliation: $5 off Snake Eyes Ninja Set (Mask & Sword role play item) or Ninja Showdown 3 pack Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $24.97

CTO15
05-31-2012, 10:49 AM
wow, what a great sale on the TDKR MM figures :doh:

Scrapper6
05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Oh terrific, how am I supposed to price adjust my Joe purchases the past week when I bought one on one day and one on another??? Do they price adjust seperate bills for BOGOHO stuff?

UltraPrimal
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Ah man, I was hoping to pick up an ultra-posable Amazing Spidey when it went on sale. Too bad these sales are pretty crappy.

I wonder if I can mix and match the GI Joes and Spider-Mans sale. Maybe pick up that Spidey and get a Rock GI Joe too.

Toy Gremlin
05-31-2012, 11:42 AM
wow, what a great sale on the TDKR MM figures :doh:

Yeah, not much of a savings on the TDKR MM stuff. :(

Oh terrific, how am I supposed to price adjust my Joe purchases the past week when I bought one on one day and one on another??? Do they price adjust seperate bills for BOGOHO stuff?

I'm in the same situation. I don't think they can do a price adjustment on separate bills, but I'll give it a try. Worse case, I'll just do the return and buy back method. It's a bit more of a hassle, but you get the BOGOHO deal and some money back. :D

Scrapper6
05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah, not much of a savings on the TDKR MM stuff. :(

I'm in the same situation. I don't think they can do a price adjustment on separate bills, but I'll give it a try. Worse case, I'll just do the return and buy back method. It's a bit more of a hassle, but you get the BOGOHO deal and some money back. :D

Think I should bring the inserts with me, with the bar codes and all that? I bought Firefly and Scarlett on two different days, and am hoping that CC, Ripcord, Steel Brigade and Hazard-Viper will still be there so I can take advantage of this sale to maximize my 30th collection goals. Looks like I'll be catching the bus early in the morning in order to get there before opening.

I recycle the packaging, except the card backs of course, but I've been keeping the names with barcodes on the off chance Hasbro Canada instigates a Mail-In for Joes anytime soon.
So I've still got the barcodes for the figures in case I have to do the return buy back at the deal thing.

aznpnoy
05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Just bring your receipts. What they will do is a return/rebuy. They will basically refund you all the $$ and rebuy the figures at the bogo 1/2 price.

pattycakeman
05-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Just bring your receipts. What they will do is a return/rebuy. They will basically refund you all the $$ and rebuy the figures at the bogo 1/2 price.

Exactly this, I've done it a few times in the past. Brought in 3 or 4 receipts one time. They just return everything, give you your money back, and then recharge you for it all.

CobraCommander
05-31-2012, 02:18 PM
This is great, time to pick up some resolute figs and get some monies back from the horrid movie figs :D

snowman_ejc
05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Time for some price matching. I bought 18 Joes last friday. Time to get some $ back.

Toy Gremlin
05-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Think I should bring the inserts with me, with the bar codes and all that? I bought Firefly and Scarlett on two different days, and am hoping that CC, Ripcord, Steel Brigade and Hazard-Viper will still be there so I can take advantage of this sale to maximize my 30th collection goals. Looks like I'll be catching the bus early in the morning in order to get there before opening.

I recycle the packaging, except the card backs of course, but I've been keeping the names with barcodes on the off chance Hasbro Canada instigates a Mail-In for Joes anytime soon.
So I've still got the barcodes for the figures in case I have to do the return buy back at the deal thing.

Yeah, most TRU are ok with just receipts. I bring both just in case.

Are the 30th anniversary/Renegades figures still $9.99 or have they increased in price to $10.99? If they did go up, it will be the first time a price increase will actually be beneficial. :p

Napseeker
05-31-2012, 04:51 PM
At my TRU, the 30th anniversary figures are $10.99...

Toy Gremlin
05-31-2012, 04:59 PM
At my TRU, the 30th anniversary figures are $10.99...

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be finally picking up that Hazard Viper! :D

Hantei
05-31-2012, 07:39 PM
The TRU I stopped by already started applying the sale. Picked up a CC, Red Ninja, Hazard Viper, and ultra-poseable spidey. Mix and matching works! Unfortunately it seems like the Joe Troopers went fast, all the locations I stopped by didn't have any, was he short packed? Haha, I really want one now.

Oh, about time there was a sale on Joes. Just too bad we had to wait till the movie stuff was released before it happend.

Toy Gremlin
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
The TRU I stopped by already started applying the sale. Picked up a CC, Red Ninja, Hazard Viper, and ultra-poseable spidey. Mix and matching works! Unfortunately it seems like the Joe Troopers went fast, all the locations I stopped by didn't have any, was he short packed? Haha, I really want one now.

Oh, about time there was a sale on Joes. Just too bad we had to wait till the movie stuff was released before it happend.

Nice! It's awesome that we can mix and match! :clapping:

Unfortunately, all the troop builders for Retaliation wave 1 were 1 per case. :( The Joe Troopers were the first to go. Kind of had to be there the day the cases were put out to get one. :(

Yeah, it definitely has been awhile since Joes were on sale. I guess TRU knew that 30th Anniversary/Renegades figures were going to be bought by collectors so they kept it at $9.99($10.99 now) so they can make money off of us.

10incher
06-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Yep got the sale today as well, picked of Retaliation Joe and Cobra Troopers, Cobra Commander and a Red Ninja. Glad I didn't miss out like I did on last weeks Avengers sale by going the day of only to find the shelves full of only Thor, Iron Man and Captain America

Scrapper6
06-01-2012, 07:12 AM
Yep got the sale today as well, picked of Retaliation Joe and Cobra Troopers, Cobra Commander and a Red Ninja. Glad I didn't miss out like I did on last weeks Avengers sale by going the day of only to find the shelves full of only Thor, Iron Man and Captain America

WTF? Isn't it, I don't know, unethical or something for a store to start the sale one day early, thus allowing certain parties who happen to be there that day able to take advantage of things, and thus making it difficult for the rest of us to get what we want?

I'm not saying anything against you 10incher, just asking a legitimate question. In a few hours time I was planning on heading out to take advantage of this sale, but if the scalpers and everyone else has already picked the aisles clean because the sale started on Thursday instead of Friday like it was SUPPOSED TO then I'm going to be mighty cheesed off.

I don't really care if Retaliation has been picked clean, but if I get there and find those 30th Anniversary figures I wanted to get are all gone, I'm going to slaggin' shove a HISS down someone's throat., box and all.

Oreobuilder
06-01-2012, 08:00 AM
WTF? Isn't it, I don't know, unethical or something for a store to start the sale one day early, thus allowing certain parties who happen to be there that day able to take advantage of things, and thus making it difficult for the rest of us to get what we want?

I'm not saying anything against you 10incher, just asking a legitimate question. In a few hours time I was planning on heading out to take advantage of this sale, but if the scalpers and everyone else has already picked the aisles clean because the sale started on Thursday instead of Friday like it was SUPPOSED TO then I'm going to be mighty cheesed off.

I don't really care if Retaliation has been picked clean, but if I get there and find those 30th Anniversary figures I wanted to get are all gone, I'm going to slaggin' shove a HISS down someone's throat., box and all.

Simple solution: Go buy the toys you want at full price on the Thursday and bring back your receipts to price match them on Friday. It's a bit more hassle since you need to make two trips, but it insures that you get what you want and you don't have to stress about it. I've done it a few times.

OB

10incher
06-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Actually didn't even know their was a sale on Joes starting, I went to see if their was any different Avengers stuff, and decided to get the Retaliation figures I wanted. Thought I was paying full price, until I got home and looked at the receipt.

Scrapper6
06-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Simple solution: Go buy the toys you want at full price on the Thursday and bring back your receipts to price match them on Friday. It's a bit more hassle since you need to make two trips, but it insures that you get what you want and you don't have to stress about it. I've done it a few times.

OB

Sadly it is not that simple. Banks charge for the number of times you use your Debit Card, and some of us prefer to keep that 'Service Charge' under a certain amount every month.

It's even worse with the ATM charges and stuff added on to that, so no, do not go out and buy them at full price if you can't justify affording the costs of bank's service charges.

I'll just try my luck, if worse comes to worse I only get two figures instead of the four I was hoping for.

Oreobuilder
06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Sadly it is not that simple. Banks charge for the number of times you use your Debit Card, and some of us prefer to keep that 'Service Charge' under a certain amount every month.

It's even worse with the ATM charges and stuff added on to that, so no, do not go out and buy them at full price if you can't justify affording the costs of bank's service charges.

I'll just try my luck, if worse comes to worse I only get two figures instead of the four I was hoping for.

Yeah you're right, those ATM and bank charges are disgusting. I didn't think of the debit card charges. I hardly ever use mine. I use a credit card for everything and pay off the bill every month.

On topic, I'll be bringing in my receipts from last week to get the price match. I might event get a couple more GI Joe 3-packs.

OB

UltraPrimal
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Went TRU today and picked up a GI Joe Retaliation Roadblock, aka the Rock, and Amazing Spider-Man "Ultra-Posable" Spidey.

The Rock is pretty good. Decently articulated. But his gimmick kills the entire toy. I didn't realize this but his little gun that just looks like a piece they cut off the mold tree and stuck it in his hand is actually MOLDED into his hand. So you cannot remove it and he doesn't even come with an extra hand to swap out. Pretty lame. Completely ruined the figure for me. Now I'll probably have to try and hunt down different figure just to swap the hands, if I can.

The ultra-posable Spidey is just that. He's so awesomely articulated it's...AMAZING! ;) This is the first Spider-Man figure I've owned that can actually pull off some Spider-Man poses. It's just a shame none of the other figures in the line are as posable as this one. I'd love to pick up that Ben Reilly looking one if it had the same articulation as this one. Only bad thing I could say about it is that a lot of the ones I've seen in store have pretty spotty paint. I managed to find one that was OK.

Napseeker
06-04-2012, 12:31 AM

Scrapper6, I saw this happen periodically at my TRU where the sale was started one day early than the flyer advertised, so I asked a TRU employee why they do this... he told me that the headquarters sometimes, but not always, will start a sale early in their computers just to make sure there are no kinks.

I guess if they are doing a complicated type of sale like a BOGO1/2 which lets you mix and match across different toylines, they want to have their stores test it out one day in advance before the real crowds come rushing in on Friday. I don't think they do it for the more simplistic sales like "30% off Star Wars", at least I've never noticed it for those.