PDA

View Full Version : Toys"R"us Exclusive Star Wars Ewoks & X-Wing Packs Released in Canada

Robimus
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Thanks to multiple reports we now know that the new Toys"R"us Exclusive Ewok Pack and X-Wing Pilot pack have been released in Canada! They are currently onsale this week at Toys"R"us for $41.69 each.

Sightings are being made across the country.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19)

Robimus
11-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Ewoks! I hope Santa brings me those.:clapping:

robsonspen
11-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Those were released at TRU a while ago already!

Any sightings of the Ewok Scout 2-Pack?

Scrapper6
11-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Even at that price I feel it's overpriced. To sell them at 55$ full price and then drop it down to 42$ is a bit steep. TRU has been really going full-on with the damn exclusive pricing of late.

Robimus
11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Those were released at TRU a while ago already!

Any sightings of the Ewok Scout 2-Pack?

Just shoot us a PM when something is sighted and we will be sure to post it up.

Napseeker
11-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Even at that price I feel it's overpriced. To sell them at 55$ full price and then drop it down to 42$ is a bit steep. TRU has been really going full-on with the damn exclusive pricing of late.

I've been saying this for a while now. If they do a 30% off sale, I may bite on one of the packs, but really these things should be selling for $28 and no more IMO. TRU seems to have gotten really greedy this season. Can't wait for Target to arrive so we can have some competition back.

FETT1
11-20-2012, 08:31 AM
I've been saying this for a while now. If they do a 30% off sale, I may bite on one of the packs, but really these things should be selling for $28 and no more IMO. TRU seems to have gotten really greedy this season. Can't wait for Target to arrive so we can have some competition back.

AMEN fellow SNOWTROOPER!:canada:

Robimus
11-20-2012, 12:36 PM

I really don't feel like $8.25 a figure is too much. If Hasbro can't sell them for that they likely won't make them.

Basically you seem to be suggesting that Hasbro should be charging less than $5 per figure, and I don't see that as realistic.

Scrapper6
11-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I really don't feel like $8.25 a figure is too much. If Hasbro can't sell them for that they likely won't make them.

Basically you seem to be suggesting that Hasbro should be charging less than $5 per figure, and I don't see that as realistic.

Personally Rob, I think TRU priced these a bit too high. Frankly for an exclusive set of Ewoks, which are quite in-demand, I'd say the price should have been more like 45$ regular, bringing it down to 22$ on sale, they would have flown off the shelf even at 45$ because that is an acceptably fair price for figures that are the size of an Ewok!

Hell those Yavin Pilots... Aside from really hard core fans who really wants a Jek Porkins action figure?

If they're going to charge 39.99$ for the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike vehicle exclusive why not 69.99$ for a set of five Ewoks?

TRU's choice to price these things so high, in this econmically troubling and frustrating time is sheer lunacy. Nobody but Scalpers are going to go after these things if they think they can turn around a profit on them by selling them overseas to places that won't be getting these sets.

It puts these sets firmly out of my price range that's for sure, I'd rather have them priced within my budget and gone/sold off fast to other collectors before I can find them than have them languish around for seven months or more like TVC TPM stuff has been doing which hurts the retail presence of SW and might cause TRU to think twice about similar themed exclusives in the future than sit staring at something I can't have simply because they've priced it so asininely high.

54.99$ is something I'd expect to see on a high-end G1 Re-Issue Transformers Exclusive, not a bunch of repaint Ewoks.

Robimus
11-20-2012, 10:25 PM
I bet they sell all the Ewoks.....;)

The Pilots will sit there forever.

pandaprime
11-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I thought the second pack was called the Yavin Pilots pack??:confused:

FETT1
11-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Personally Rob, I think TRU priced these a bit too high. Frankly for an exclusive set of Ewoks, which are quite in-demand, I'd say the price should have been more like 45$ regular, bringing it down to 22$ on sale, they would have flown off the shelf even at 45$ because that is an acceptably fair price for figures that are the size of an Ewok!

Hell those Yavin Pilots... Aside from really hard core fans who really wants a Jek Porkins action figure?

If they're going to charge 39.99$ for the Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike vehicle exclusive why not 69.99$ for a set of five Ewoks?

TRU's choice to price these things so high, in this econmically troubling and frustrating time is sheer lunacy. Nobody but Scalpers are going to go after these things if they think they can turn around a profit on them by selling them overseas to places that won't be getting these sets.

It puts these sets firmly out of my price range that's for sure, I'd rather have them priced within my budget and gone/sold off fast to other collectors before I can find them than have them languish around for seven months or more like TVC TPM stuff has been doing which hurts the retail presence of SW and might cause TRU to think twice about similar themed exclusives in the future than sit staring at something I can't have simply because they've priced it so asininely high.

54.99$ is something I'd expect to see on a high-end G1 Re-Issue Transformers Exclusive, not a bunch of repaint Ewoks.

awesome comment ....:canada:

robsonspen
11-21-2012, 03:01 AM
just went over the border to kmart just past bellingham and got the ewok scouts pack for $10... soooo much in stock!

FETT1
11-21-2012, 08:26 AM
...AT that price you should of bought up a bunch and sold em to fellow STAR WARS COLLECTOR'S....

just a thought...

that is super cheap...:canada:

Robimus
11-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I thought the second pack was called the Yavin Pilots pack??:confused:

Probably is.

As for the pricing, these are currently just shy of $42 at Toys"R"us on sale. Toys"R"us knows that most people are going to wait for a sale.

Super_Megatron
11-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Saw the X-Wing Packs at my local TRU but not the Ewoks, I might consider them once I see them.