PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Salvation Figures Released in Canada

Super_Megatron
05-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks to AFN member jacobot for letting us know that Terminator Salvation toys have been released in Canada. They were found at a Zellers in Ontario for $9.99 each.

Check out what toys are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19)

Robimus
05-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I saw lots of these guys in the USA as well but I'm not sure what to make of them.:confused:

Super_Megatron
05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
The movie looks good at least!

CobraCommander
05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Nice find Jacobot, I picked up T-R.I.P. not bad figure, but lacking in waist and head articulation to make it great.

freakx2001
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
yeah, I've seen a bunch of these in the states the last few weeks, interesting to see them, but they don't look that good... only thing I would even think about picking up is the "kid" friendly HK (hunter Killer)

PointofArticulation
05-07-2009, 02:08 PM
The robots look pretty good, but I guess they couldn't get the American Psycho's permission to use his likeness? All of his figures have little bandannas to cover their faces!

counteresperanto
05-08-2009, 03:26 AM
I was wondering whem these would start showing up here. Still haven't seen them in my area, but I suppose it's just a matter of time.

What I gather from reading american reviews, is that these toys aren't very good. Even the robots, which are all anyone will probably ever be interested in, suffer from some flimsy construction and lack of articulation. Apparently they're also a bit too small to properly menace GIJoes.

Personally, I won't pass judgement on them until I see them in person, but I'm not optimistic. At least the 6" T-100 looks pretty good, though that might be the only purchase I'm making from this line.

Too bad they didn't go all out and make a nice big tank-style HK, or that grabby hands mech from the trailer.

CobraCommander
05-09-2009, 11:05 AM
So I was at SQ1 Walmart today and they had these figs ($9.9x) and also the new 6" figs for only a few bucks more $12.9x... I don't get how come the 3.5" figs aren't 1/2 the price of the 6"?

Anyways, sadly just about all these figs look like crap. Ugh, the T-700 and T-RIP look like they are wearing dentures!? Poor John Connor, you can't even make out his face cause they put a helmet and goggles on him.

I did end up getting just a T-1, it's tank looking thing with two gatling guns (kinda neat they shoot out like spring loaded rockets), not too bad. Looks like it's in scale with the 3.5" endos.

CobraCommander
05-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Spotted the flying HunterKiller today @ TRU in Sherway, comes with a T-700. Priced around $29.99

Looks pretty decent, but the price is a bit much. Must wait for the inevitable Sale :D

-KG-
05-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I got the T - R.I.P. a few days ago. I think it's the best looking figure in the line, but again the articulation sucks. How often do you get an action figure where you can't move the head? I actually think this is the first one I own. And what's with John Connor? A face would be nice...

counteresperanto
05-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Finally saw these in person today. I won't be bothering with the 3 3/4" line at all.

I had the T-100 in my hand and was on my way to the check out when I suddenly wondered "Why?" and, lacking an answer, put it back. Now I wish I'd gotten it. Next time.

CobraCommander
05-17-2009, 03:41 PM
TRU @ Hurontario/Eg has Resistance A-10 tank killer with a fig, same price as the HK's @ $29.99. Not a bad looking jet, just the scale is all wrong... could be used as a nice alternative to a Cobra Rattler :)

Oh and they also had Role Playing Endo face mask and Endo arm, they look shart... but the glowing red eyes is a nice touch... but eh... still looks shart! :D

VIT
05-24-2009, 01:08 AM
saw these today at LD. not very impressive
and way to expensive

MisBio12
05-24-2009, 07:36 PM
After seeing the movie don`t want to spoil but John's head isn't sposse to be his acutally is kyles digues

jacobot
05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Anybody bought many?... Not from the stores I've been to. No sale yet either...One Walmart was pretending to have them on sale on the end cap $12.92 was $18.92... I haven't seen them that much anywhere including other Walmarts. 6" Conner & half a Terminator looks good :)

CobraCommander
05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Yes, a sale would be very much welcome :)

canprime
05-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Welcome to 1996!!!

Wait, what? This is 2009? But the design and articulation of the figures seem so 1996.

Really poorly executed sculpts. I won't be touching anything from this line until at least 50% off. Even then, it will only be for custom fodder.

pud333
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
This line is brutal. The Connor figure I got is so bad, I almost want to toss him. Only way these figuers are worth it is if they are in discount bins. I'm waiting for at least half off before I buy a couple terminators, and that's all. I even kept my receipt for my Connor figure in the hopes that they reduce the price within 45 days. Considering how the movie did at the box office last weekend, I figure it'll probably happen soon.

canprime
05-26-2009, 05:09 PM
This line is brutal. The Connor figure I got is so bad, I almost want to toss him. Only way these figuers are worth it is if they are in discount bins. I'm waiting for at least half off before I buy a couple terminators, and that's all. I even kept my receipt for my Connor figure in the hopes that they reduce the price within 45 days. Considering how the movie did at the box office last weekend, I figure it'll probably happen soon.

Why, why, why would you buy one of these THINGS at full retail?!?!? Here's hoping they get discounted soon.

pud333
05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Why, why, why would you buy one of these THINGS at full retail?!?!? Here's hoping they get discounted soon.

lol. moment of weakness. I was desperate for a plastic fix. :o As soon as I opened it, I knew I had made a mistake. The really stupid part is it didn't satisfy my craving.

note to self: quality plastic crack will last you longer than the other shit.

canprime
05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
lol. moment of weakness. I was desperate for a plastic fix. :o As soon as I opened it, I knew I had made a mistake. The really stupid part is it didn't satisfy my craving.

note to self: quality plastic crack will last you longer than the other shit.

Ah yes my brother. Stay strong. The pain is momentary, but the purchase is forever!!!! :D

MisBio12
05-27-2009, 07:50 PM
I broke my TRIPS arm

counteresperanto
06-02-2009, 04:59 AM
I ended up buying a T-1, and, while nothing mind blowing, he's actually pretty decent. Fits nicely with Joes or other similiar sized figures who need a robotic menace. I actually wouldn't mind a few more of these guys, but they are kind of expensive, and seem to be rather scarce these days.