PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on the new Star Trek film?

Robimus
05-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I think I'm gonna go see this one, but as a very casual fan of Star Trek I can't say its high on my list.

My main gripe is alwyas the timetraveling, and it looks as though I won't escape that in this one......

Still it looks fun. Anyone else going?

Super_Megatron
05-17-2009, 03:42 AM
My wife and I plan on going next weekend once my parents are back to babysit. Can't wait.

Robimus
05-18-2009, 12:11 AM
The best part was the ROTF trailer followed by Simon Pegg in general.

I guess I'm almost an old school Star Trek fan. I was a big follower of Next Gen and DS9. I like that Star Trek is not, or has not been solely an action oriented franchise. This tosses that notion out the window with a Vulcan salute.

This film didn't have a lot of what appeals to me about Star Trek. Definitly feels like a reboot for the masses but it trivializes the structure and relevence of Star Fleet, showing that too succeed you have to break every single rule.

Spoiler below.....................

The plot was silly at best, but I am glad someone finally thought of shooting the planet driller....like it was that hard to come up with. Apparently all of Vulcan and all of Earth don't have a Bazooka between them.........http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/images/smilies/tongue.gif

jacobot
05-18-2009, 09:33 AM
^You posted this over on Cyberteon.ca first? And then copied and pasted it here after... Your supporting Action Figure discussion on that other website :p

Oh ya the movie.... We love to keep watching reboots of TFs... Why not Star Trek... And it's really just a prequel type movie... I can't wait to see where they will go with it.