PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe Wave 22 Released in Canada

Hantei
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks to sightings made by AFN members HumanEraser LS-02 and MCDrank, we now know that wave 22 of Marvel Universe (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=854) has hit Canadian retail. This wave consists of Captain America, Elektra, Mysterio, and Rhino. Only 2 waves left before Marvel Universe ends!

The sighting was made at Toys "R" Us in Ontario. Thanks for the photo MCDrank!

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19).

tfHunter
07-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Looked at the Southside TRU in Edmonton today, no luck yet...

protoform_ironhide
07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Wow...that is fast... and I have only seen the Professor wave once at retail.........

Toy Gremlin
07-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Wow! I wasn't expecting these to even show up. The last few times I got TRU sales associates and managers to check their system for MU, they told me MU was marked as discontinued. :confused:

MCDrank
07-25-2013, 01:21 AM
thanks for the shout out! lol

@Toy Gremlin: Damn!

Toy Gremlin
07-25-2013, 01:23 AM
thanks for the shout out! lol

@Toy Gremlin: Damn!

Yeah, that was what I said when they told me. LOL! :p

Napseeker
07-25-2013, 05:41 AM
Only 2 waves left before Marvel Universe ends!

Ugh... RIP MU! What figures are in the second-to-last wave? That is, what figures are supposed to be in the wave after the Elektra wave?

Toy Gremlin
07-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Ugh... RIP MU! What figures are in the second-to-last wave? That is, what figures are supposed to be in the wave after the Elektra wave?

I think it is this wave:

BARON ZEMO
CLOAK or DAGGER (variant)
ABOMINATION
IRON MAN (tron looking version)

Not sure what figures are in the last wave though.

MCDrank
07-25-2013, 12:47 PM
lol after that wave, it's:

Omega Red
Black Knight
X-Force Nightcrawler
Northstar or Aurora (variant)

Scrapper6
07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
I take it then this is a bad time to start getting re-interested in collecting this line?

I'm sorry Hasbro, but why get rid of Marvel Universe? Those shitty movie product lines ain't going to keep you afloat with this license indefinitely. Especially when you cut back on articulation that the adult fan community just go ape over.

Oh well, if nothing else I might find people selling off cheap lots later on when the product line is fully ended.

gcuemjj23
07-25-2013, 10:25 PM
They are just rebranding to relate to the movies that are out and will be released. Not the end of the line. Same product, different name.

Toy Gremlin
07-25-2013, 11:39 PM
I take it then this is a bad time to start getting re-interested in collecting this line?

I'm sorry Hasbro, but why get rid of Marvel Universe? Those shitty movie product lines ain't going to keep you afloat with this license indefinitely. Especially when you cut back on articulation that the adult fan community just go ape over.

Oh well, if nothing else I might find people selling off cheap lots later on when the product line is fully ended.

If you really want certain figures from the line, then get them now. If not, just wait it out. As the line will be discontinued, you can probably get them for cheap at stores or online.

MCDrank
07-26-2013, 02:34 AM

You can if you want lol. It's just going under a different brand name. Hyperion and Grim Reaper are gonna be the first 2 figs in this line. So I think this whole line is gonna be straight up comic accurate. If they're gonna do movie based figures, they'll most likely make a subline for each movie but I doubt this line will have any movie based characters.

It's all taking place in 2014. It's gonna be all Avengers themed characters then in 2015, it's gonna be X-Men themed characters.

http://marvelousnews.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=2013_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro_Panel&pic=IMG_4496.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=16264

t.wizard
07-26-2013, 09:50 AM
I went into the MacLeod TRU and asked if the latest wave is on order. According to the lady their computers already list the line as discountinued. That makes me wonder if we will see the last lines at a TRU in Calgary?

Hantei
07-26-2013, 07:05 PM
I went into the MacLeod TRU and asked if the latest wave is on order. According to the lady their computers already list the line as discountinued. That makes me wonder if we will see the last lines at a TRU in Calgary?
Last time I was there, I think maybe a week ago, I didn't even see a peg for MU. Maybe they stopped carrying them at that location? Anyway I did find them at CrossIron Mills.

Did anyone else notice that the repacked figures have a new paint job? They even renumbered them too. Iron Fist is a darker green and the yellow on the costume is now gold. He's in the heroic age Iron Fist packaged pose and renumbered as number 2. Black suit Spidey and Iron Spidey both a have metallic/shiny coat to them, Iron Spidey is casted in lighter red and the arms are a lighter yellow too, they're numbered 7 and 8 respectively. Silver Surfer, couldn't tell if he was all that different but he's number 1.

If this trend continues, then I wonder who else is getting a repack/repaint now. As both Spidey's turned out so well that I had to have them.

Napseeker
07-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Silver Surfer I just saw today at my TRU and he looks the same, but Spidey and Iron Fist did look different from my older versions. I personally don't like a shiny Spidey suit but meh, I'm sure another collector will.

While the "Avengers Universe" is supposed to be just a rebranding of MU, I did see a thread over on Marvelousnews that suggested Stall isn't being entirely truthful, that there'll be 5POA figures in AU mixed in with SA figures. That better not be the case or there'll be hell to pay...

Major Destruction
07-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Found a Mysterio this weekend, sweet. On another note, I didn't realize that MU was being put down, but it's good to know that it will be continuing under a different name though. But does that mean they're bailing on that orange Fin Fang Foom?

MCDrank
07-29-2013, 04:58 AM
It's been confirmed that the orange Foom got dropped but who knows that it might get picked up again.

narita
07-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Found a case at Langley TRU in BC this afternoon. There were 2 of each of Mysterio, Capt America, Rhino, and Elektra. 1 each of Silver Surfer, Black Costume Spiderman, Iron Fist, and Iron Spiderman. What's up with the numbering? I have a comparison of the first release Silver Surfer and the revision Silver Surfer I got today. All the revision figures have new cardbacks and numbers.

Hantei
07-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I also noticed that Iron Fist has a sash from the herioc age one. The original release just had a painted on yellow belt. Be sweet if by some crazy chance they re-release Vision on the Cyke body. It's long over due.

tfHunter
07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Dang, still no sign of these in Edmonton :(

C Spray
07-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Saw these the other day. TRU regent I think. They where missing the rhino and mysterio..and the elekra had a badly bent leg. So ned rhino and mysterio.

pandaprime
07-30-2013, 11:02 PM
dagnabit I think someone beat me to it at my local store :(

Napseeker
07-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Saw these the other day. TRU regent I think. They where missing the rhino and mysterio..and the elekra had a badly bent leg. So ned rhino and mysterio.

My Elektra also had a bent leg (that I was able to reshape using a hairdryer to soften the plastic).

Question: did we ever get the Nighthawk/Hercules/Puck wave? I never saw that at my TRU or Target. Did that show up at Walmart, or just not at all?

tfHunter
07-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Hercules, Puck wave was at Disney.

Toy Gremlin
07-31-2013, 12:17 AM
dagnabit I think someone beat me to it at my local store :(

Which store did you check?

Hercules, Puck wave was at Disney.
Yeah, I think that was the only retailer that sold that wave. The others skipped it.

pandaprime
07-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Which store did you check?

Richmond TRU in Lansdowne Mall...:( i saw only a black costume spiderman and captain america so I didn't bother with buying....

Toy Gremlin
07-31-2013, 02:29 AM
Richmond TRU in Lansdowne Mall...:( i saw only a black costume spiderman and captain america so I didn't bother with buying....

I see. That sucks! I checked the Bowmac TRU this morning and I didn't see any new ones there yet. So you might still have a chance.

Scrapper6
07-31-2013, 08:26 AM

I was there when Rhino and that were on the shelf, could have bought them but chose not to at full price. Not that they'll be around for sales, but at the time my budget was more limited. Besides, Mysterio had ugly purple paint splotches on his mask, any collector would have left him behind on site, either a kid or a scalper nabbed them. Or someone confident enough in their paint removal skills I guess.

Eko123
08-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Be sweet if by some crazy chance they re-release Vision on the Cyke body. It's long over due.

If Hasbro is still doing comic 2-packs in the future, I'd like to see a Vision on the new Cyclops body packaged with a Scarlet Witch...either with classic length boots and gloves, or in her George Perez "Gypsy Witch" style costume from the late 1990s.

Hantei
08-01-2013, 01:20 PM
If Hasbro is still doing comic 2-packs in the future, I'd like to see a Vision on the new Cyclops body packaged with a Scarlet Witch...either with classic length boots and gloves, or in her George Perez "Gypsy Witch" style costume from the late 1990s.
I think they said they weren't doing them anymore. Haha, let's be realistic here. If Hasbro did do a 2-pack with a new Vision he'll most likely be packaged with Ultron. It's their modus operandi.

Toy Gremlin
08-01-2013, 02:26 PM
These have finally arrived at my local TRUs. I saw the iron spider figure and the plastic seems to be brighter than the initial release figure.

On an unrelated note, anybody here noticed an EHF e-toy charge on their receipts for non electonic toys lately?

I just bought some figures from TRU and they charged me $0.40 EHF E-Toys fee. Asked customer service and they said it is a recycling fee on all toys. It is kind of strange. Never had a recycling fee on wwe and mu figures before.

Toy Gremlin
08-01-2013, 04:55 PM
On an unrelated note, anybody here noticed an EHF e-toy charge on their receipts for non electonic toys lately?

I just bought some figures from TRU and they charged me $0.40 EHF E-Toys fee. Asked customer service and they said it is a recycling fee on all toys. It is kind of strange. Never had a recycling fee on wwe and mu figures before.

Went to another tru to confirm. Apparently the customer service person was totally wrong. There is a system glitch. Check your receipts and make sure you are not charged that fee on non electronic stuff!

Whitter
08-20-2013, 12:48 PM
All kinds of these at both Walmarts in Newmarket

Tonestar
08-21-2013, 11:29 AM
This complete Wave is in at the Wal-Mart in Ajax, as suspected Nova is not part of this wave but I highly reccommend getting the Rhino-much better than the Spider-man toyline version.

Hantei
08-24-2013, 12:22 AM
Not sure why some thought Nova was in the case, the breakdown for this wave is:

2x Captain America
2x Elektra
2x Mysterio
2x Rhino
1x Silver Surfer
1x Iron Fist
1x Black Suit Spider-Man
1x Iron Spider-Man