PDA

View Full Version : Toys"R"Us Exclusive 'Biggs Darklighter' X-Wing Released in Canada

Robimus
08-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Thanks to a report from AFN member dinga we now know that the new Toys"R"us Exclusive X-Wing based upon Biggs Darklighter's Red Three from A New Hope has now been released at Canadian Retail. Current prcie is $74.99.

The sighting was made at a Toys"R"us in British Columbia.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19).

Robimus
08-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Just in time to pair up with that new Black series Biggs.;)

cobralegion
08-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Wow $75 and no figure or even a droid? Love the packaging and all but will wait until a sale hits.

Napseeker
08-09-2013, 04:10 AM
The real price is $56+HST. Nobody buys these things at full retail do they? 25% off is what I consider to be the real price that TRU ought to be selling it at (but then without the hype of a "sale" how could they entice collectors to swarm the stores when it becomes "cheap" to buy?)

I'll wait for a 30% off sale I think. Or 40%. That horrible paintjob really irks me...

cobralegion
08-09-2013, 02:05 PM
The real price is $56+HST. Nobody buys these things at full retail do they? 25% off is what I consider to be the real price that TRU ought to be selling it at (but then without the hype of a "sale" how could they entice collectors to swarm the stores when it becomes "cheap" to buy?)

I'll wait for a 30% off sale I think. Or 40%. That horrible paintjob really irks me...

Yeah $56 is a bit better but I dont think its worth more then $40 with no figures or accessories. Although didn't Zellers have the same X-wing with a figure for $80 a few years ago? I see TRU has the Gunship online at $169.99..yikes I remember buying them for $40-$50 not too long ago. Again it looks great with the gunpods and vintage packaging but is it worth $175+ with tax? Maybe I'm just stuck in the past too much lol...figures aren't 2.99 anymore.

Morg
08-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah $56 is a bit better but I dont think its worth more then $40 with no figures or accessories. Although didn't Zellers have the same X-wing with a figure for $80 a few years ago? I see TRU has the Gunship online at $169.99..yikes I remember buying them for $40-$50 not too long ago. Again it looks great with the gunpods and vintage packaging but is it worth $175+ with tax? Maybe I'm just stuck in the past too much lol...figures aren't 2.99 anymore.

That X-Wing from Zellers that you're talking about also came with a sweet yellow ladder to attach to it , a la Yavin base... but when I grabbed mine it was nowhere near $80 and I don't recall it being on sale.

The bloody thing didn't escalate madly in price until they packed it in with that shitty, out of scale, TIE Advanced (with the same horrible mold they've been reusing for years).

cobralegion
08-09-2013, 03:39 PM
That X-Wing from Zellers that you're talking about also came with a sweet yellow ladder to attach to it , a la Yavin base... but when I grabbed mine it was nowhere near $80 and I don't recall it being on sale.

The bloody thing didn't escalate madly in price until they packed it in with that shitty, out of scale, TIE Advanced (with the same horrible mold they've been reusing for years).

Yeah I cant remember the exact price on the Zellers one but remember it being $70-$80 and sitting there forever. The large wing Tie fighters were 79.99 at first to. Zellers was horrible for pricing. Half the time head office would either send incorrect signs or it'd be programmed wrong. So most likely yours was on sale it just wasn't signed right. It was great though if they messed up in a good way lol.Even with my staff discount on the X-wing I still thought the price was way too high and never did get one. and like you said it came with a base and accessories and 2 figures (Wedge and a droid).

Robimus
08-09-2013, 07:11 PM
That X-Wing at Zellers was at least $70. I recall scoffing at the price at the time :p

Zone55555
08-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I need this bad. I have Red 1 and 2 already, and of course Red 5 (in a number of versions), so Red 3 fits in nicely.

I don't hold out any hope of seeing the others (4, 6 and up) made, but the "name" guys at least will be covered now.

I only wish they went on a campaign of naming and making the Gold, Green and other squadrons properly, but that's unlikely to ever occur.

StarwarsTF
08-11-2013, 10:50 AM
This is an easy pass for me.

bambam
08-11-2013, 03:08 PM
The Red 2 X-Wing and large wing Tie Fighter went on sale at Zellars back in August 2010:

SW 3.75 X-WING RED 2 EXCLUSIVE 2009 - was $89.99, now $54.99.
SW TIE FIGHTER EXCLUSIVE 2009 - was $79.99, now $39.99.

And then there was an additional 50% sale off the clearance price later that month.

Original AFN Thread (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5266)

cobralegion
08-12-2013, 03:17 AM
The Red 2 X-Wing and large wing Tie Fighter went on sale at Zellars back in August 2010:

SW 3.75 X-WING RED 2 EXCLUSIVE 2009 - was $89.99, now $54.99.
SW TIE FIGHTER EXCLUSIVE 2009 - was $79.99, now $39.99.

And then there was an additional 50% sale off the clearance price later that month.

Original AFN Thread (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5266)

Thanks! Thought there must have been a post on it at one time and I knew they were crazy expensive...way too much for what you get. I do miss those clearance sales Zellers had though.

Robimus
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah, that sounds like the prices I remember.