PDA

View Full Version : Taxes/Tariffs

t.wizard
11-17-2013, 10:06 PM
I ordered a bunch of loose Marvel and DC figures from a seller/store in China. They ship free internationally. I've never ordered from overseas, only the States. I poked around the govt website but need to look a little more. Would anyone know how much the taxes are with items coming into Canada or a different site other then the govt?

Robimus
11-17-2013, 11:44 PM
I've never ordered from China but from the USA you might get hit with local taxes and some customs charges.

Hantei
11-18-2013, 12:31 AM
It's been a while since I've last had to pay any sort of duty fees, but I don't think I've ever had to when it came to ordering from China sellers. They usually just arrive in the mail box. I don't think you have to be too worried.

SanMiguel
11-22-2013, 01:57 PM
from my experience...when you try ordering and buying stuff abroad that is more than $100 in total...then youll get charge with tax....it happen to me when i bought a $200++ super robot from japan.....when i try to pick it up at the local post office they charge me $25-35 extra......not too sure about the exact amount but you know where im gettin at....

t.wizard
11-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks for sharing your advice/opinions. I should find out mid Dec when everything trickles in. Will post with the results when they show up.