PDA

View Full Version : DC Unlimited, successor to DC Universe?

Major Destruction
11-18-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm not a DC regular, but some of the 6" Unlimited figures look pretty good. My question to you DC guys is, are DC Unlimited figures the successor to DC Universe figures? They seem to have the same style of articulation. So are they the same line, just rebranded Unlimited?

Hantei
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
I didn't really jump into the 6" DC line till the DC Unlimited line launched with their New 52 heroes. But from my observations, it just seems to be a rebrand of the same old. The articulation breakdown is basically:

Ball jointed head
Ball/hinge shoulders
Bicep swivel
Hinged elbows
Swivel wrists
Ab crunch
Swivel waist
Those mattel styled hinged hips
Thigh swivel
Hinged knees
Hinged ankles

Major Destruction
11-18-2013, 01:36 AM
Thanks Hantei, that's what I figured. I wasn't really into much of the DC Universe stuff at first either. And by the time I finally did gain interest in the line, a lot of the figures I wanted were no longer in circulation. So being able to snag a Unlimited-Batman(52), is pretty cool(as it is clearly the best Batman availible in stores right now, in my opinion). Funny thing is, I wouldn't have a care in the world about DC, if it wasn't for that blasted '66 Batmobile. That thing is sweet, but it just doesn't look right sitting all by itself on the shelf.

comicbookboy
04-05-2014, 03:40 PM
i hope not I love the DC universe build a figures. It was the hunt that made them even specialer.

I've finished like 5 dc universe build a figures.