PDA

View Full Version : My collection

cobralegion
02-26-2014, 03:47 AM
Decided to finally put up a few pictures of the collection.
I've been collecting since 1992 when the Hall of Fame GI Joes came out at Toys and Wheels and there's no end in site. Just too many cool lines to get.

Lines I collect the most are GI Joe and Star Wars but collect everything and anything I find interesting.

Stevan
02-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Amazing colection and very well displayed

cobralegion
02-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Amazing colection and very well displayed

Thanks! I always think its a mess lol

cobralegion
02-26-2014, 06:32 PM
more...

cobralegion
03-05-2014, 04:48 AM
Some custom vehicles...

cobralegion
03-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Set a few more items up and finally began the work on the new city dio. This will be the third city diorama I've built over the last 20 years and will be a bit smaller then the other 2. Just building the structures now but most of the fun is in the detailing. Here's a few pictures of my older city dioramas as well as the start of the new one.

66jedikiller66
03-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Awesome job with the city dio it looks great.
I also see that you are making your base so it can be used for Star Wars as well it is good to make generic settings like that.

SanMiguel
03-19-2014, 04:17 PM
awesome room full of collection......i guess minimalist concept doesnt suite your taste...lol

cobralegion
03-20-2014, 02:12 PM
Awesome job with the city dio it looks great.
I also see that you are making your base so it can be used for Star Wars as well it is good to make generic settings like that.

Thanks Jedi! I've always used Cobra and the Empire together..usually Cobra acts as the police force. I tend to mesh everything together lol. All the Marvel and DC characters are aligned as well. Not to mention any other figure line I can fit in.

cobralegion
03-20-2014, 02:19 PM
awesome room full of collection......i guess minimalist concept doesnt suite your taste...lol

Thanks and definitely not! This is only about a tenth of what I have. Every once in a while I sell off some stuff but usually just end up spending it on other items so I don't get ahead at all. and I'm an army builder...which doesn't works well with being a minimalist lol. Way too many cool toys out there.

cobralegion
04-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Added a little more to the dio.....

cobralegion
05-04-2014, 01:51 AM
more displays...

cobralegion
05-20-2014, 05:42 PM
a new set up...

cobralegion
06-11-2014, 02:26 AM
I thought I'd throw up a few old catalog scans as I collect them as well as figures. I always love looking through them and miss al lthe old stores like Woolco, Eatons, Woodwards, Consumers Distributing, Toys and Wheels etc.

First up is the 1986 Eatons Christmas flyer.

cobralegion
06-11-2014, 02:30 AM
Next is a rare Toys and Wheels flyer from 1990.

cobralegion
06-11-2014, 02:34 AM
Eatons 1984 flyer...

cobralegion
06-11-2014, 02:42 AM
I've got a lot more and will post more soon but thought I'd finish off with some old cards I scanned from a friends collection. I love that most are the Canadian versions plus the stickers with the old stores and prices.

cobralegion
06-18-2014, 02:53 AM
Did a bit more work on the dio and am going for a Bladerunner type look. Plus a few pictures I took of the Zellers I worked at. I miss that store...Target is nowhere near as good.

Robot rabbit
06-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Absolutely fantastic!!! I love the old catalog scans, I wish I could go back in time and buy gi joe figures for $3.99 again

cobralegion
06-19-2014, 02:41 AM
Absolutely fantastic!!! I love the old catalog scans, I wish I could go back in time and buy gi joe figures for $3.99 again

Thanks! Glad you like them and I'll try to put more up when I get time. I love looking at them to and would kill to be able to go back then and buy more Joes for 3.99. Always wish I had bought more but I guess I got what I could afford at the time. My biggest regret is not buying more of these....only 1.50 a figure.

Gerjurdking
07-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks! Glad you like them and I'll try to put more up when I get time. I love looking at them to and would kill to be able to go back then and buy more Joes for 3.99. Always wish I had bought more but I guess I got what I could afford at the time. My biggest regret is not buying more of these....only 1.50 a figure.

When I was about 10 or 11 I remember purchasing Battle Corps Major Bludd and was so happy to read through the "Premium Offers" booklet. I knew it was going to be a tough sell but I convinced my parents to order me a Hiss as well as three figures: Sgt. Slaughter, Serpentor, and Spirit. Six to eight weeks later imagine my disappointment when I find my Hiss has been substituted with a SHARC - a vehicle I already had - and my Spirit was dressed up in neon (only in the Internet era did I find out it was an "Air Commandos" version).

Growing up shortly after the glory years all I really had to go by were the Sunbow cartoon repeats and hand-me-down toys from relatives. Had I known what a Cobra Officer was I would have been in for one for sure and probably a Stinger Driver too.

cobralegion
07-16-2014, 01:52 AM
When I was about 10 or 11 I remember purchasing Battle Corps Major Bludd and was so happy to read through the "Premium Offers" booklet. I knew it was going to be a tough sell but I convinced my parents to order me a Hiss as well as three figures: Sgt. Slaughter, Serpentor, and Spirit. Six to eight weeks later imagine my disappointment when I find my Hiss has been substituted with a SHARC - a vehicle I already had - and my Spirit was dressed up in neon (only in the Internet era did I find out it was an "Air Commandos" version).

Growing up shortly after the glory years all I really had to go by were the Sunbow cartoon repeats and hand-me-down toys from relatives. Had I known what a Cobra Officer was I would have been in for one for sure and probably a Stinger Driver too.

I remember them substituting vehicles as well...I got the PAC RATs instead of a Vamp one time..I wasn't impressed lol. A friend of mine ordered a bunch of Cobra Officers as well and didn't get any. I can't remember what he actually got. I manged to get 30 officers from that offer but wish I had ordered more of a variety. Crankcase was another I seemed to be obsessed with as I used him as a standard Joe. Wish I had known that the sale continued on even into the late 90's (the booklet said it was over in 1995)...from what I've read a ton of stuff was bought up buy people in the US after they found out online.
It was great when the package would finally arrive and you'd get to unpack everything..Christmas all over again.

cobralegion
08-04-2014, 04:46 AM
more catalog scans.
1. Consumers Distributing 1990
2. Woolco 1984
3. The Bay 1984
4/5. Sears 1985

barfallo
08-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Enjoy lookin at those old catalogs. Keep em coming.

cobralegion
08-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Enjoy lookin at those old catalogs. Keep em coming.

Thanks barfallo!!! Here's a few even older scans from Sears 1980 and 81. Of note here are the Star Wars cardboard Death Star and Black Hole Humanoid! This was scanned from a friend's catalog and he still has the Death Star and 2 humanoids.

Crobot91
08-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Troop building for the win! :)

Robimus
08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Awesome. I love the old catalog shots.

cobralegion
08-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Thanks guys...I'll try to scan more whenever I get time. Here one from Eatons 1988 and 1980.

cobralegion
08-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Did a bit more on the dio to..its come far.

cobralegion
09-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Decided to build a bridge/walkway and added some more figures and accessories. Still need to do more interiors and get the lighting finished. Plus add a lot more figures..then its on to the under city.

Major Destruction
09-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Wow, those old catalog shots are awesome. They bring back so many memories. Thanks Cobralegion.
I remember when Zellers was near the end, and Target was coming to Canada, I had such high hopes for Target. But so far, looking back now, I think you're right that Zellers was better. C'mon Target, prove me wrong.

cobralegion
09-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Wow, those old catalog shots are awesome. They bring back so many memories. Thanks Cobralegion.
I remember when Zellers was near the end, and Target was coming to Canada, I had such high hopes for Target. But so far, looking back now, I think you're right that Zellers was better. C'mon Target, prove me wrong.

Thanks! and yeah I'm still disappointed with Target..they just did the toy reset for Christmas and all they did was move things and its still bare shelves, nothing new out at all. Sad I remember at Zellers we'd be adding 3-4 more rows to the toy section and getting in truckloads of new toys. Nothing compared to the 80's and 90's of course but still better then it is now. Zellers may have been a mess but I'd rather dig through a mess and find something then walk by the same empty shelves.

Major Destruction
09-21-2014, 12:13 AM
Thanks! and yeah I'm still disappointed with Target..they just did the toy reset for Christmas and all they did was move things and its still bare shelves, nothing new out at all. Sad I remember at Zellers we'd be adding 3-4 more rows to the toy section and getting in truckloads of new toys. Nothing compared to the 80's and 90's of course but still better then it is now. Zellers may have been a mess but I'd rather dig through a mess and find something then walk by the same empty shelves.

From what I remember, Zellers was almost always a mess. But you're right in the fact that there were desirable items, you just had to dig for them(but I guess that was also part of the fun of the hunt).
And as for as the comparison of how much stock the two carried, Zellers seemed to have a hell of a lot more stock onhand than Target(but that might have been part of their downfall). I remember scoring a lot of G.I.Joe ROC & POC for dirt cheap sale prices(just as good, if not better than Target clearance pricing). Some of you may be thinking ROC? Big deal. And although there were a lot of bad figures, there were some really good ones aswell.

cobralegion
09-21-2014, 12:33 AM
From what I remember, Zellers was almost always a mess. But you're right in the fact that there were desirable items, you just had to dig for them(but I guess that was also part of the fun of the hunt).
And as for as the comparison of how much stock the two carried, Zellers seemed to have a hell of a lot more stock onhand than Target(but that might have been part of their downfall). I remember scoring a lot of G.I.Joe ROC & POC for dirt cheap sale prices(just as good, if not better than Target clearance pricing). Some of you may be thinking ROC? Big deal. And although there were a lot of bad figures, there were some really good ones aswell.

At Zellers the management always pushed to get as much on the sales floor as possible( wish I'd taken photos of the back before 2011 as it was so jam packed you could barely walk through let alone get a skid through) ...and it looked bad but in the end at least people could buy stuff. You can't buy it if its in the back lol.

As for having too much stock..it was good as Zellers made money..a lot more then Target is now. People always think Zellers went out of business but it was just bought out. I think it was Targets strategy to get rid of one of their competitors much like Sobey's buying Safeway and then closing or changing the stores

I loved the POC and ROC sales to and agree some of the figures might have been bad but there were a lot of good figures to. Its sure better then what we have now. The Stars Wars exclusives were great to and I wish I hadn't sold mine as they go for crazy prices now.

On the plus side for Target..they at least got in Count Chocula! sadly Franken Berry was sold out.

Major Destruction
09-21-2014, 12:51 AM
You know, when we didn't have Targets up here, they had all those G.I.Joe & Star Wars exclusives down south. Now that they're here, there's no more exclusives.
Oh well, like you said Christmas resets are starting, and surely there will be some good scores around the corner from all the different retailers.

cobralegion
09-21-2014, 01:04 AM
Yeah everyone was excited and thinking we'd get all these cool exclusives but we were already getting them with Zellers. As long as you waited for a sale as they were so overpriced. Now like you said we get nothing. Hopefully we get some new stuff soon for Xmas..Elite Force would be great as I wouldn't mind another Hind.

cobralegion
09-21-2014, 01:18 AM
More scans..not the best as they were done years ago. First is Sears from 1984 and 1991.

cobralegion
09-21-2014, 01:26 AM
more..Eatons 1993 and TRU 1995. The Eatons flyer was too big to scan properly.

cobralegion
09-21-2014, 01:35 AM
How about old school mail in offers...never sent this one in as the one I had sent before this came back with PAC RATS instead of Vamps. Wish I would have for the Steel Brigade figure.

Robot rabbit
09-21-2014, 04:21 AM
Those old catalog scans are like priceless works of art to me :) as a kid I spent hours looking at those pix. Dreaming of those toys lol. It brings back some great memories

MULTIPLEX
09-21-2014, 11:14 AM
I can't believe you have scans of these below. I remember owning a couple Super Go-bots and that Kronoform watch was the envy of EVERY boy back in the days. Thanks for rehashing those amazing memories :clapping:

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=7616&d=1411276574

cobralegion
09-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Glad everyone is liking them and I'll put more up soon. Recently got Consumers Distributing from 1986 and 1988 and Sears 1990 and 1996. They have some rare Canadian only items in them!

cobralegion
09-21-2014, 02:39 PM
I can't believe you have scans of these below. I remember owning a couple Super Go-bots and that Kronoform watch was the envy of EVERY boy back in the days. Thanks for rehashing those amazing memories :clapping:

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=7616&d=1411276574

thanks.. I love the Gobots line. Destroyer and Cykill are both awesome. I can remember the first time someone brought a calculator watch to school lol...we were all in awe.

MULTIPLEX
09-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Yup. The calculator watch was the coolest. Then they started making digital watches that had games. I was so envious of kids who had those. I seem to recall there was a pacman watch and a space invaders type game watch. But that pacman watch was my favorite, with Q-Bert a close second. Oh yah Frogger too!

barfallo
11-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Glad everyone is liking them and I'll put more up soon. Recently got Consumers Distributing from 1986 and 1988 and Sears 1990 and 1996. They have some rare Canadian only items in them!

I'm having old catalog scans withdrawl waiting. :)

cobralegion
11-03-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm having old catalog scans withdrawl waiting. :)

lol..sorry here's a few more. First up Sears 1990 with the Canada only Blank figure.

cobralegion
11-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Next is a Consumers Distributing from 1986 with the Canada only Cobra Tank..at only 9.94!!

barfallo
11-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Ah I feel better now. Thanx

Batmobile pedal car, I want one! :D

cobralegion
11-04-2014, 02:46 AM
Ah I feel better now. Thanx

Batmobile pedal car, I want one! :D

your welcome! and here's one more from CD 1996, their last year before closing down. Even threw in a few scans of gaming systems from then to show prices today aren't really that bad. Adjusted for inflation the Saturn would be a $700 system today! I remember the Virtual Boy displays at TRU and everyone lined up to try it. Back when you had to grab a piece of paper with the game you wanted and take it to the till. Then they send you over to another area where they had a room with all the games locked up and the someone would have to get your game for you. A lot like the Consumers Distributing system.

barfallo
11-04-2014, 01:25 PM
At our home we had Nintendo (NES), PlayStation and Atari.

cobralegion
11-04-2014, 04:26 PM
At our home we had Nintendo (NES), PlayStation and Atari.

I was always a Sega fan..had the Masters, Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast as well as PS, PS 2, PS 3 and X Box. We had the Atari to in the early 80s. Kind of miss caring about what new game are coming out but can't seem to get into the new systems.

cobralegion
11-19-2014, 03:51 AM
some new items added.

cobralegion
11-19-2014, 03:53 AM
a few more..

Gerjurdking
11-19-2014, 08:36 PM
your welcome! and here's one more from CD 1996, their last year before closing down. Even threw in a few scans of gaming systems from then to show prices today aren't really that bad. Adjusted for inflation the Saturn would be a $700 system today! I remember the Virtual Boy displays at TRU and everyone lined up to try it. Back when you had to grab a piece of paper with the game you wanted and take it to the till. Then they send you over to another area where they had a room with all the games locked up and the someone would have to get your game for you. A lot like the Consumers Distributing system.

Wow. I really appreciate the trip back through time with the catalog scans, especially the video game pages. If you have any others id love to see them.

cobralegion
11-20-2014, 02:51 AM
Wow. I really appreciate the trip back through time with the catalog scans, especially the video game pages. If you have any others id love to see them.

Thanks and you're welcome! I will scan more game stuff for you later in the week.

cobralegion
02-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Picked up a few older items this week and rather then filling up the haul section I'll just post them here.

cobralegion
02-16-2015, 09:37 PM
another catalog..Eatons 1983..

cobralegion
02-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Simpsons 1983 catalog

cobralegion
02-17-2015, 11:04 PM
More new COD sets out at Walmart. With these sets plus Mega Bloks Terminator sets and all the ReAction stuff I think it will still be a good year. Just have to see what they do with the new Star Wars movie line.

comicbookboy
02-17-2015, 11:29 PM
good collection

cobralegion
03-08-2015, 02:21 AM
good collection

Thanks!!

added a few more items this week. Love the Zellers truck.

cobralegion
05-26-2015, 11:43 PM
Added the rare mail order GI Joe Slugger and a few other items.

cobralegion
12-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Found a Canadian Tire Christmas catalog from 1984. Lots of 80's goodness.

cobralegion
12-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Some new hauls for 2016. Finally found the Super Mario Bros Movie Police car, a rare item. I don't think it ever came out in Canada or the USA. There were also two versions of the carded Goombas with different jackets. A third version was packed with the Devo Chamber playset.

cobralegion
12-28-2016, 04:41 PM
More Value Village finds and new Star Wars..