PDA

View Full Version : Lego Mini Figure Trade in Day March 8th at Toys"R'us

Robimus
03-05-2014, 12:43 AM
On Saturday March 8th Lego Mini Figure Collectors can take in an extra Mini Figure they don't want to a Toys"R"us retailer in Canada(excludes Express stores) and trade it in for a new select figure!

Check out the Toys"R"us Canada Website (http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3373022) for all the details!

kwyjiboe
03-05-2014, 10:34 AM
so long, jar jar!

Hantei
03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Neat, how does this work? The website doesn't specify any limits, sounds like you could bring in any old minifigure you have.

I was thinking of bringing in my extra President Business to trade for another movie mini.

Super_Megatron
03-05-2014, 08:36 PM
I would take both of your extras.

My understanding of how it worked in the past was a staff member had extra minifigures and you were able to trade with them.
I have never taken part myself.

pdaaat
03-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Just get there early. They only get a few new ones to trade and after that you are usually left with someone else's junk. And I mean junk.

Toy Gremlin
03-06-2014, 02:08 AM
Just get there early. They only get a few new ones to trade and after that you are usually left with someone else's junk. And I mean junk.

Yeah, I agree. Show up early if you are planning to participate in this event. Staff will usually be caring new minifigures at the beginning.

Hantei
03-07-2014, 12:50 AM
So technically, if there's only 10 staff working that day then there's really only 10 new minifigures up for grabs? And once theirs are all gone you're pretty much guaranteed junk that others have traded in for?

Haha, I'm not sure if I want to make the effort to show up at opening to participate in the event.

pdaaat
03-07-2014, 01:35 PM
It was a big disappointment for us. I managed to beat a kid to a gladiator, but my son only had kit bashed junk to choose from.

Darth Vicious
03-10-2014, 01:53 AM
+1 get there early. The garbage the staff are stuck with peddling for trade by the afternoon is downright deplorable. My daughters and I left disappointed, without anything close to tempting. Heck, start by not accepting or offering broken mini figs for trades!
Toys R Us need to plan this event better, otherwise avoid it like the plague.

Robimus
03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Clearly this sounded better than it actually was. Glad I skipped out on it.