PDA

View Full Version : News on Star Trek Bridge/Transporter Accessories availablity in Canada

Robimus
06-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks to AFN member FlightWeaponAlpha we now know that the 3.75" Star Trek Figures which were not packed with the Bridge/Transporter Accessories might yet see a future release at Canadian Retail.

At this time the 3.75" Galaxy figures that are shipping International (Spring 2009 shipment) will not have the Bridge & Transporter Accessories included. The second Wave of Galaxy figures shipping Fall of 2009 will have the Bridge Accessories included, most territories will also have Booster (Bonus) packs, which will include 5 bridge/transporter accessories with one 3.75 inch Star Trek figure in each booster pack, totaling 2 different packs. This will take care of the first shipment and make the Galaxy figures all complete with the Bridge & Transporter parts. If the 2 Booster packs or Galaxy figures with accessories are not available in your territory you can order from online retailers that do sell them.

lars573
06-09-2009, 01:06 AM
This means I'll be buying some of those rolled back Star Trek figures.

1337w422102
06-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Time to brew some hot Earl Grey and army build Redshirts. Make it so!

Super_Megatron
06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Are these selling well? I'm assuming they are doing ok due to the success of the movie which I thought was great.

Robimus
06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
These didn't sell at all based on the frequent haunts. Walmart is even having trouble selling them for $5 each.

Maybe if we got those bridge pieces it might have gone differently but I doubt it. Making an enjoyable film for non Star Trek fans isn't going to do much for toy sales. I suspect we will never see the waves including the bridge parts.:(

canprime
06-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Let's see. Walmart can't clear these out at $5 each. So what do you think the chances are that we will ever see the "next" wave with the bridge parts? I will wager slim to NEVER!!

Poor planning on the releases for international buyers is too blame. I think these would have sold better with collectors/fans if they weren't missing the parts. Which is what most fans, myself included, were looking for with the figures.

Super_Megatron
06-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Why would they not release the full accessories for International packaging?

1337w422102
06-18-2009, 12:17 PM
In case anyone cares, from June 19 to June 26, Toys R Us will be having a 2-for-$10 sale on Star Trek Galaxy figures, and the flyer says that the regular price for the figures is $7.99. Maybe after the sale, the price will be permanently dropped to get rid of them?

Still, this doesn't top the Walmart $5 sale. Hell, even the larger figures are $5, too.