PDA

View Full Version : Devilman by Fewture

RavageX-9
06-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Hey. I was wondering if anyone else was a fan of this series. I've been looking to start collecting them, and it's a daunting task.

I've never seen Devilman in any medium. All I know is that the toys look cool.
edit: any idea how much I should expect to pay for these if I'm patient? I see plenty of them on eBay, but the prices for common figures are generally not flattering, and they've been listed forEVER. I just contacted him to try and negotiate, and he doesn't, so I figure I'll just get the cheaper ones. He keeps insisting that just 3 figures turns it into "oversized" shipping with fees that make it expensive. I don't know if that's only because he's using a more expensive shipping method that provides tracking or something, or if this is universal. I guess if he insists on the shipping method for anti-fraud methods, there's nothing to be done about it anyway. :P

I've been dreaming more seriously about a Transformers museum lately, and thinking it would have to be diversified to other toys with Transformers as the main focus (because Transformers is such a huge toy line).
Which leads me to my next paragraph.
I was almost hoping that someone had a near-complete Devilman collection and I could just give up the notion of trying to get every single variant of every figure. (and if you know the line, you know how many damned variants there are) and then they would donate and/or sell the collection to my hypothetical museum one day. :>

Ok, technically I've already started collecting. I have Saylos and Amon from wave 3. (just need Devilman to complete the base)
I'm also looking to get some Psychogenie and Satan variants and Welvrath for my Monstress collection.
I'm not really sure how far to take my collection though. Maybe I should just stop there. They look really cool though. and does Zenon count as a monstress with that naked lady popping out of his back? I should probably get one of those. Maybe I'll just get 2 variants of each, and a Zann. (Zann's cool) finish series 3 to get the base. Maybe other Saylos variants. (I love the way Saylos looks.) Bleh, that is so not moderate enough. I don't know.

amusingly enough, "Resurrection of Monstress" toy line is also by Fewture. My collection of that is "nearly" complete. Just need 4 more, and the 2 100%-clear variants, but at least I have 8, so not counting the clear versions, I'm 2/3rds done, and at least I have every mold, so it's just repaints to acquire.
BTW, if anyone wants a regular black version Vampire Curia or special pink&purple Night of Noctilca (witch), I have extras. I should be able to sell them cheap. I got Noctilca cheap by mistake. (seller put up the picture of the other version which I REALLY WANTED. :( )
So if anyone has Devilman or Resurrection of Monstress figures for sale, both by Fewture, let me know.