PDA

View Full Version : Fan Expo 2009

Robimus
07-16-2009, 12:18 AM
The biggest convention in Canada will soon be upon us. Fan Expo 2009 (.http://www.hobbystar.com/fanexpo/)

Who's all going? Who are you going to see? And what are you going to do?

pacinofan
07-16-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm going! I've tried to attand the last 2-3 years, but something always came up (detatched retina, divorce, etc...) but I've got my plane tickets (I'm in NB), hotel reserved, and passes purchased! I'm a horror guy, so I'm most excited about the Rue Morgue Festial of fear and Bruce Campbell! I'm also excited about seeing Tom Savini, Roger Cormon, Billy Dee Williiams and Leonard Nimoy.

FlightWeaponAlpha
07-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I'm going. Missed the last few as well, mostly due to Real Life, and this year I'm taking my toddler with me to piss people off in the dealer room when I barrel through with a stroller.

I go for the comic deals, new toys, and to see all the chaos of a big con. I usually go with friends and have some good fun.

Anyone organizing a meet-up from the boards?

JB

Ultra Maverick
07-16-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm going this year!
I had an epic time last year hoping to top it with an picture of me and Bruce Campbell.
Seriously, I could spend a lifetime (and a lifetime's worth of money) in there.

I highly recommend going to anyone on the fence about it.

Cyber-Kun
07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm going this year and selling artwork at a table, can't wait to see all the guests!

StarwarsTF
07-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Ill go but its getting boring. Now with paradise being bought by wizard and me off to WW Chicago in August I may be all conned out...... NAH cons are awesome.

GMfan101
07-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I'll be there, though the guest line up is nice I won't pay the ridiculous autograph price.

pacinofan
07-17-2009, 07:18 AM
I'll be there, though the guest line up is nice I won't pay the ridiculous autograph price.

Whats the average proce for a 'graph?

cky_ibm
07-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Whats the average proce for a 'graph?

Usually about $20 regarless if you take an 8x10 or not.

Some guests charge less for your item to be signed. I always take their 8x10, might as well if their charging $20 regarless.

Tom Savini is the only guy that doesn't charge anything that i've encountered. I got Gunnar Hansen's for free one year because he was leaving and signed a bunch of stuff for fans on his way out.

Linda Blair was the most expensive I've run into! $20 bucks for an Autograph and another $25 to get a photo with her :eek:!

Cheers!
-Ian

Ultra Maverick
07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
my buddy last year paid up to $40 for some autograps, most of those guys will sign multiple items though.
...the $40 may have included a picture too...

I just want a picture of me with Bruce Campbell and Billy Dee Williams. I wonder how much that will run me?

Robimus
07-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Though its not the case for some of the bigger guests(they are definitly paying Billy Dee!:D), some of the guests may come to the Con and work only for their autograph fees, even paying there own way to get there.

At the Central Canada Comic Con guests will charge $20-$25 dollars per autograph, sign multiple items and usually pose for pictures for the price.

But each Con is different. I know at Calgary Expo pictures with the Guests of Honor were an additional charge, though most the other guests allowed photos with an autograph purchase.

Everything will depend upon the individual guests and the arrangments ironed out with the promoter before the Con.:)

Croaker
07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Last year Edward James Olmos was charging $60 for a signed pic.
Too expensive for my blood.
But he did give a great panel.