PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular Spider-Man Spider-Charged

Icetron
07-26-2009, 01:33 AM
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=12291

Until yesterday I didn't know there were NEW Spectacular Spidey toys out, like the superposeable one with all the wrist/boot swivels.

I don't think I saw the Shocker or Black Suit Glider Spidey on shelves though, has that wave come out in Canada yet? I think I may pick up one of the above mentioned ones if I see them. The Shocker one has neat accessories imo, while the Black Suit one has the cool webbing from the show.

JTCh
07-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Wow that Shocker looks awesome! I saw some pics of the SDCC show featuring the upcoming Spectacular Spiderman figures, they have a new sculpt for Dr. Octopus that looks much better than the first one we got. I need me some animated villains!:D

Here's the link to the Marvel stuff at SDCC, I am drooling at a lot of the stuff there already. (http://www.toyark.com/news/convention-news-46/sdcc09-hasbro-marvel-panel-images-1496/)

Icetron
07-26-2009, 03:03 AM
The new Venom looks like almost the same, or is it a repaint? :( I think the colours are nicer, don't really like the white hands even though it's just the effect they're trying to give.

The new Doc Ock looks much better. :D I want a Shocker toy...not a Shocker Spidey, I wonder if it's possible to repaint it and give a new head?

The new armored Spideys look neat too, I wonder what happened to the 'Splinter Cell' Spidey...

EDIT: I decided to open up the Spidey I got, but not very pleased. The elbow and knee joints are so floppy and weak, it feels like this figure might not even last 10 years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th2YzfCGWeA

JTCh
07-26-2009, 12:03 PM
That's pretty disappointing, nothing I hate more than loose joints. I think I am going to skip this line, not really because of the joint issues, but trying to convince myself that I don't need anymore toys for now because of something I preordered at the local shop (so it's not paid for yet) for my RC hobby that should be coming anytime soon.:eek:

Icetron
07-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah..while he looks really nice, the thought of him possibly melting in the sun is kind of scary. I don't know why they have to cheap out on the plastic on this line, the figures could have been awesome AND durable... :(

Stryfe2025
08-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah..while he looks really nice, the thought of him possibly melting in the sun is kind of scary. I don't know why they have to cheap out on the plastic on this line, the figures could have been awesome AND durable... :(

Are we saying that these aren't worth getting?

StarwarsTF
08-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Season 1 just came on DVD @ HMV for $21.99 cheapest ive ever found it!!! best buy $31.99 ewwww This show is good and the figures are amazing! there all worth picking up.

Icetron
08-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Are we saying that these aren't worth getting?

IMHO yes they are not worth getting. They just don't feel durable for the $10.99 that they're charging (at TRU). As posable as the new Spidey sculpt is, it still 'felt' underwhelming due to the cheap plastic even though his articulation is like a Marvel Legends (or better than most recent ones).