PDA

View Full Version : what to collect

masterbret
08-11-2009, 02:52 PM
hi, i'm new here, and i want to collect action figures, but not sure exactly what to collect, kinda lost to be honest.

i am thinking either star wars or superheroes, but can't decide, there seems to be no information on collecting superhero action figures. and tons of info on star wars.

what are the pros/cons of each

i know for me its easier to get the superhero collectors action figures where i am cause of the old hobby store in my town which has only a few hundred though, last time i checked.

but the star wars one seems to have a bigger community and to be easier to aquire overall.

so not sure. thanks for the help in advance

pud333
08-11-2009, 03:19 PM
hi, i'm new here, and i want to collect action figures, but not sure exactly what to collect, kinda lost to be honest.

i am thinking either star wars or superheroes, but can't decide, there seems to be no information on collecting superhero action figures. and tons of info on star wars.

what are the pros/cons of each

i know for me its easier to get the superhero collectors action figures where i am cause of the old hobby store in my town which has only a few hundred though, last time i checked.

but the star wars one seems to have a bigger community and to be easier to aquire overall.

so not sure. thanks for the help in advance

If you're having trouble finding information on various toys, try some of the other communities, like Toyark.com or Actionfigureinsider.com There's a bunch and I'm sure others will direct you to different sites.

As for which to collect, it's all relative. Just buy what you like. You can sit and weigh the pros and cons of every toy line, but ultimately, there's no point in buying something you just sort of like.

If you're looking for suggestions, try the new Marvel Universe Fury Files line-up by Hasbro. These are the 3.75" marvel toys that are just fantastic and pretty price friendly. You can find these in retail pretty easily, like TRU or Walmart. If you're looking for bigger, try the 6" lines like Marvel Legends.

For Starwars, I just recently started getting into these figures. I really like the 3.75" Clone Wars figures. I only have two right now, but I have a dozen on order. You can also get the Legacy figures which revolve around the previous SW movies. I don't know if SW has a bigger community, but they're definitely more fanatical. Their toys are easier to find in retail due to the popularity of the franchise.

There are many resources to get figures if you can't find them at regular retail. There are many online stores like the sponsors here, or places like Bigbadtoystore.com and others. I rarely buy at retail cause I don't go out hunting often. It's easier for me to just pay a bit extra to have any and all figures come to me directly by mail.

Super_Megatron
08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
The best advice I can give is collect the line you really like. If you really like Marvel characters collect them. If you're a huge Star Wars fan collect them.

CTO15
08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
The best advice I can give is collect the line you really like. If you really like Marvel characters collect them. If you're a huge Star Wars fan collect them.

I would have to agree. Don't ask us, ask yourself what your really interested in collecting. Myself I collect superhero related figures (Marvel Legends/DC Universe/ etc) and I love it.

masterbret
08-11-2009, 04:21 PM
thanks for the advice, i think i might go and pck up a few marvel legends figures, as the hobby store has at least 30 different ones, last time i checked.

i think i'll go garage sale hunting and see what i find, then trade for what i want.

thanks for the help