PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park JK9 Rumours

Stryfe2025
08-13-2009, 02:15 AM
So has anyone else heard or read about this?
A new Jurassic Park toyline?
They're all repaints but man I loved Jurassic Park Toys as a kid, and I can't wait for these!
Any thoughts?

http://www.jptoys.com/

Head over to JPtoys to check out the pics!

Icetron
08-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Man, I never had any JP toys as a kid and I really loved Dinos too. I'll probably pick up a few of these if I see them. :D

FETT1
08-30-2009, 01:01 AM
...there are a few new one's @ TRU....
3 word's here

ok 4...

BAD BAD BAD ....EXPENSIVE!!!

Stryfe2025
08-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Found these at the TRU in my area and DEAR LORD Expensive.
$24.99 for the medium? Battle Growlers.
no Thanks.

Icetron
08-30-2009, 03:06 AM
They're out at my local TRU too, and yeah they're too ####ing expensive, seriously.

VIT
09-15-2009, 08:17 PM
i never buy from tru unless something is on sale. the prices are appalling

is anybody seeing these elsewhere?

Icetron
09-16-2009, 02:07 AM
They're TRU exclusives, wait for a sale I guess?

Aernaroth
10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
They look like there's been almost no improvement between when the last JP line came out and these. Pass.

Scrapper6
10-17-2009, 12:51 PM
They look like there's been almost no improvement between when the last JP line came out and these. Pass.

That would be because these are repaints of existing molds from the JP /// toyline. Hasbro should have stuck with the scale of the first two Kenner made lines if you ask me. Those figures may have lacked poseability, but at least they were fun to play with. The smaller scaled figures looked atrocious, when standing next to the first two films toylines and the dinosaurs were no longer In Scale with each other. I mean the T-Rex and the Raptor were the same size, how stupid was that?

Dumb gimmicked up JP /// toyline.

And then they decide what? After five years of no JP toys on the shelf, let's just take all this old unsold product, re-package it, slap it on a plastic lunchbox and now they're selling it, selling it. :D

Seriously, I think Hasbro should have done an Aniversary line mainline series that wasn't relegated to TRU-Gouge-The-Customers-On-Exclusives. All new molds in keeping with the original toyline, maybe only more poseable with proper joints for the big ticket Dino Items. Now that would have sold, not this travesty of a marketing ploy. (Probably so they can keep the toy license for the JP franchise in case any new film actually does escape Production Hell/Limbo before the next millennium.) :mad:

JSon
10-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Saw the T-Rex at TRU today, and while he did look pretty awesome (if not in weird colours) he did not look $70 awesome.

Icetron
10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I'll buy the T-Rex when they get clearanced at like $20. :)