PDA

View Full Version : Nom Anor Figure Prototype in Toyfare #146

Robimus
08-16-2009, 08:18 PM
All I have to say is that its about frakkin time!

The issue also apparently hints at a few more figures that are soon to be in development.

I'll check it out when I see it on the news stand.

counteresperanto
11-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I found the Yuuzhan Vong comic pack a few days ago and surprised myself by how much I like the figure.

The neimodians are among my favorite figures. One reason is that, though similiar, they are all quite distinct, and not just in costume. For example, it's quite easy to tell Nute Gunray apart from Rune Haako, just by their faces alone, even though both possess the same racial characteristics. Compare this to the OT rodians, composed of Greedo, Beedo (who looks and dresses just like Greedo), and two other guys (in the SE at least) who look and dress just like Beedo.

So, while having no interest at all in the Yuuzhan Vong as presented in the EU, I am interested in having guys that look like they belong together.

As far as I'm concerned, the Yuuzhan Vong I have is some evil overlord type, like something the Ewoks or Mungo Baobab might have dealt with. Nom Anor can be his wizard or something.

Robimus
11-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Nom Anor was a spy for the Vong, so it is great that Hasbro stayed true to his character. He should be smaller than the Vong warrior cast.

counteresperanto
12-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Did I hear that this figure was originally intended to be released via comic 2-pack or was it just my imagination? If true, was there any indication givenon who was to be the other?

With the ending of that retail format, I wonder what the fate of this toy will be now. I think we're still certain to get it at some point. The only questions are how, and when?

Robimus
12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I think the intention was that he'll be single carded, but with Hasbro moving away from the EU who knows.

Because they've developed the mold I suspect we'll see him some way, some how.

Prowl_2009
12-07-2009, 10:51 AM
I still really want that Katarn / Vong comic pack!!! I also heard at one point that spy Nom Anor was to be included in a comic pack, but with those being canceled and Hasbro leaving EU behind, it's going to be interesting to watch this characters development, however long that may be, into a full fledged and much anticipated figure! :cool: