PDA

View Full Version : Lego Pirates

Scrapper6
08-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I decided to get this years Pirates sets, or at least the first seven or eight sets from the theme. One pirate ship is more than enough when you've got tons of Star Wars sets to pick up too. I just couldn't pass up the chance, I lovedmy old Pirates sets, the only reason why I got rid of them was because... well to be honest they were nowhere near complete or in any kind of shape to be much fun anymore.

Besides the new stuff looks pretty much perfect, the Fort or whatever it is reminds me of the old Fort I used to have. Today I picked up Cannon Battle, it's one of the cheapest sets. (And all I could afford at the moment due to prior obligations.)

Anyway what is everyone else's take on these new Pirates sets? And incidentally how do you get the Lego Advent Calendars? I would love to get the Pirates one this year. But I don't think you can buy them at Retail.:confused:

Bruticus82
08-17-2009, 09:43 PM
The pirate sets are pretty decent. They do remind me of some of the older sets, although scaled down a bit.

But I'm really disappointed with the new space police sets. They're nothing like old space police...They don't seem anywhere near as fun..

Scrapper6
08-17-2009, 10:20 PM
The pirate sets are pretty decent. They do remind me of some of the older sets, although scaled down a bit.

But I'm really disappointed with the new space police sets. They're nothing like old space police...They don't seem anywhere near as fun..

Space Police was something I never thought much about, then again I was too young for any of those sets back in the day. But you're right, I mean I suppose the aliens would make interesting new characters for a Lego Star Wars collection, but honestly they don't look very impressive. Not like Rock Raiders or my all time favorite Aquazone series.

Seriously though Brickbeard, what was wrong with keeping his name Captain Red Beard?