PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends War Machine & Iron Man 2 Pack Released in Canada

Robimus
07-14-2016, 12:48 AM
Thanks to a report from AFN member Tonestar we now know that the Marvel Legends War Machine & Iron Man 2 Pack has been released at Canadian Toys"R"Us stores.

The first sighting was at a Toys"R"Us in Ontario and the price is $59.99.

Share what toys & collectibles and being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19)

Xtreme987
07-14-2016, 01:47 AM
Ya seen these today too @ London, Ontario TRU [Argyle]. Didn't realize they were new though as I don't collect them.

66jedikiller66
07-14-2016, 08:37 AM
So, this should fall under the 30% off Captain America toys sale that ends July 21st.
I think it should I'd buy it then.

Eko123
07-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Given that this is a Target exclusive in the U.S., is this a sign that Toys R Us stores in Canada may carry more of these exclusives in the future?

Prime Sinister
07-14-2016, 06:06 PM
And maybe the Wal-Mart U.S.exclusive ML Falcon and Winter Soldier will ... also show up...in Toys R Us????

Tonestar
07-14-2016, 06:28 PM
And maybe the Wal-Mart U.S.exclusive ML Falcon and Winter Soldier will ... also show up...in Toys R Us????

That I would definitely buy!!!!!

corecutter
07-14-2016, 08:05 PM
They just refused to give the discount to a friend of mine.

66jedikiller66
07-17-2016, 08:27 AM
They just refused to give the discount to a friend of mine.

The manager at the TRU in Windsor wouldn't do it for me either and I know the freakin' guy.

turtle power eh
07-18-2016, 10:50 AM
The manager at the TRU in Windsor wouldn't do it for me either and I know the freakin' guy.

Wow, considering the packaging has the Civil War logo on the box...I would have made a scene.

Team Jetfire
07-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah, that seems really off base to me.

HMS Warspite
07-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Wow, considering the packaging has the Civil War logo on the box...I would have made a scene.

I did get the 30% off after asking... but there was some debate..I quickly pointed out the captain america civil war logo is pretty clear on the box front and side!

66jedikiller66
07-19-2016, 12:54 AM
I did get the 30% off after asking... but there was some debate..I quickly pointed out the captain america civil war logo is pretty clear on the box front and side!

This is BullXXXX I'm going back in the morning and making my case again, to someone different.

Enforcer
07-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Is the a UPC code or whatever that I can give them to check inventory? I shudder to think of the difficulty I'll have sending a stockboy looking for this on the shelf.

Enforcer
07-19-2016, 06:05 PM

I tried to make this argument myself, and was told that since the logo was only on one side of the box - the deal didn't apply to either figure. So... I emailed corporate.

HMS Warspite
07-19-2016, 07:42 PM
I tried to make this argument myself, and was told that since the logo was only on one side of the box - the deal didn't apply to either figure. So... I emailed corporate.

jeez..they are brutal eh? I think I got lucky in hindsight..cashiers made the decision as they didn't want to bug the manager.

Alexander Quinn
07-20-2016, 08:51 PM
It's kind of hilarious that they seem to be fighting giving people the discount on an item that, given their other ML exclusive sets, will stagnate on the shelves and be on sale for at least half price every other month soon enough. Looking at you, Agents of SHIELD box set I got for $35. ;)

lastknight2k
07-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Just spotted a peg of these (4 or 5) at a TRU here in Ottawa. War Machine looks amazing in the box but that Disco Armor is hard on the eyes and a bit of a tough sell at that price point.

Wintermute
07-21-2016, 08:04 PM
It's kind of hilarious that they seem to be fighting giving people the discount on an item that, given their other ML exclusive sets, will stagnate on the shelves and be on sale for at least half price every other month soon enough. Looking at you, Agents of SHIELD box set I got for $35. ;)

Yup, I have no doubt that this 2-pack will be in abundance at a clearance price.

Given that the Agents of Shield set had arguably more desirable characters (the hard to find Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury, Phil Coulson in that spiffy suit, and Agent Hill) and still dropped down more than 50% in price, I think that a few more Iron Men will drop down to that in no time at all.

Rogue_Optimus
07-24-2016, 03:35 AM
Yup, I have no doubt that this 2-pack will be in abundance at a clearance price.

Given that the Agents of Shield set had arguably more desirable characters (the hard to find Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury, Phil Coulson in that spiffy suit, and Agent Hill) and still dropped down more than 50% in price, I think that a few more Iron Men will drop down to that in no time at all.

Think that'll happen with their new avengers pack as well?

Wintermute
07-24-2016, 09:29 AM

If TRU has the same stock levels for the new avengers pack as it did for the SHIELD 3 pack, it's probably gonna happen.

turtle power eh
07-26-2016, 07:41 AM

100% and eventually we wont get anymore multi packs cuz TRU won't buy them as they aren't making $$$