PDA

View Full Version : Mattel DC Comics Multiverse 6"

MULTIPLEX
10-13-2016, 03:31 PM
Didn't see a thread for this line so thought I'd ask here.

Has anyone seen the 6" Harley Quinn Suicide Squad variant figure that comes with the mallet? Apparently there is gold dress variant as well. I have only seen the baseball bat version.

there_is_a_martens
10-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Isn't the Mallet version a TRU exclusive? I've seen several out here in Calgary.

chaingunsofdoom
10-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Never saw the TRU HQ in-store so I ordered her a few weeks ago. Of course, their listing is gone now.

The Amazon.com yellow dress exclusive is still online, and it's around $20 USD. I don't see it on Amazon.ca

Wintermute
10-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Walmart has their Suicide Squad Flagg and Diablo figures in stock:

http://www.walmart.ca/search/multiverse

MULTIPLEX
10-14-2016, 02:05 AM
Dammit I hate exclusives. Have to hunt those Harley variants down now.

chaingunsofdoom
10-14-2016, 11:20 AM
Walmart has their Suicide Squad Flagg and Diablo figures in stock:

http://www.walmart.ca/search/multiverse

Thanks! Finally got El Diablo to go with the Flagg I found in the US months ago.

Rogue_Optimus
10-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Might want to check the electronics section for the 'collectors corner'. initially saw the Harley there away from the bat v super section

chaingunsofdoom
10-23-2016, 01:21 AM
Found SS Wave 2 @ TRU today. Only 2 Boomerang left. See post under AB sightings.

Oh and there was 1 Armored Comic TDKR Batman so someone cleaned out that entire box unless they were hiding on the roof.

chaingunsofdoom
12-03-2016, 12:44 AM
SuperDoom went in-stock @ TRU tonight.

Cannot find it using search but this is the link they emailed:

http://m.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=88471896&csm=1002146461&csc=1436335&csa=1002657531&csu=1436339

MULTIPLEX
06-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Hi guys, I've been scoping the Suicide Squad 6" figures and it seems like I've been waiting forever for a sale to happen. Do DC Universe figures ever go on sale?

Wintermute
06-13-2017, 11:42 PM
Hi guys, I've been scoping the Suicide Squad 6" figures and it seems like I've been waiting forever for a sale to happen. Do DC Universe figures ever go on sale?

I know that Boomerang and Katana were on sale at tru.ca last time I checked:

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/viewall/index.jsp?fd=&fg=&f=Taxonomy&keywords=multiverse&y=-188&fv=2510384&overrideStore=TRUSCA&x=-1084

Amazon.ca has a few of them in stock too on sale:

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_st_date-desc-rank?keywords=multiverse&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A6205517011%2Ck%3Amultiverse%2Cp_6%3AA3DWYIK 6Y9EEQB&qid=1497411733&sort=date-desc-rank

MULTIPLEX
06-14-2017, 12:16 AM
Well that's interesting. I was at TRU today and the tags all showed 29.99. I wonder if they scan at 19.99. I'll check tomorrow, thanks! I'm looking for Flag, Katana, Boomerang and Diablo.

Tonestar
06-14-2017, 02:37 AM
Well that's interesting. I was at TRU today and the tags all showed 29.99. I wonder if they scan at 19.99. I'll check tomorrow, thanks! I'm looking for Flag, Katana, Boomerang and Diablo.

Flag and Diablo are Walmart exclusives so you won't be able to find them at TRU. Flag is still available on Walmart.ca but you may to check stores for Diablo. Boomerang and Katana are still available at TRU.ca and at some stores that I've seen.

klown23
06-14-2017, 08:31 AM
If you guys could note the sku for tru exclusive wonder woman if you see her, IT would be appreciated

MULTIPLEX
06-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks a bunch guys. Are you talking about these WW figures? These scanned in at $27.99 and the SKU below it I think.

https://s16.postimg.org/6cce8o3xx/IMG_20170614_112320.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/btx0gw45z/IMG_20170614_112634.jpg

chaingunsofdoom
06-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Here's hoping the TRU Exclusive WW actually appears up here. She has her normal costume without cloak and a shield for Ares.

turtle power eh
06-14-2017, 12:54 PM

From the amount I see on shelves at my local TRU and Walmarts...it sure doesn't look like they ever go on sale.

MULTIPLEX
06-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Flag and Diablo are Walmart exclusives so you won't be able to find them at TRU. Flag is still available on Walmart.ca but you may to check stores for Diablo. Boomerang and Katana are still available at TRU.ca and at some stores that I've seen.

Thanks a lot. Had no idea those two were exclusives.

So I went into my local Wallymart and Bam! One lone Diablo and a bunch of Flags. TRU had Katana and Boomerang and scanned in at the sale price.

Thanks a lot for all who helped with the info! I passed on Deadshot since I got Mafex Deadshot preordered already.

Here's hoping the TRU Exclusive WW actually appears up here. She has her normal costume without cloak and a shield for Ares.

Ok that's good to know. She was not there at my local TRU. I will keep an eye out.

Wintermute
06-14-2017, 03:38 PM
I believe someone in another thread said that they found the TRU exclusive Wonder Woman here in Ontario - or at the least in Canada.

Also, TRU.ca has some of the Wonder Woman Multiverse figures in stock, but you can't access them by searching them. The one in the link below goes for $19.97:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=118820796

Wintermute
06-14-2017, 05:31 PM
And then here's another Wonder Woman figure (Diana in that fur coat thing), but it's going for $27.99:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=118820806

MattSimasArt
07-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Anyone know where I can find the non cloaked WW figure? I believe it may be an exclusive but I'm not 100% sure.

TightyMhor
07-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Anyone know where I can find the non cloaked WW figure? I believe it may be an exclusive but I'm not 100% sure.

It's exclusive to Toys R Us.

Tonestar
07-23-2017, 12:59 PM

If you're talking about the one where she is wearing the black cloak with the hood it is also available at WalMart.ca for $24.97 but at TRU.CA it is on sale for $20.97 this week as well as in store.

klown23
07-24-2017, 09:01 AM

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=133490566&prodFindSrc=oi

MichaelScarn6969
08-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Does anybody know any Canadian retailer that has or will have the DC Multiverse Justice League movie figures for sale? Like Canucktibles or CMDStore? Ideally I'd like to pre-order the set from a Canadian seller rather than an American one or even having to go to eBay. Thanks!

Hoffman
08-02-2017, 08:53 AM
We haven't gotten any order information come through yet, but I would expect it sometime this week.

I'm not sure how much we'll order, as the case packout is not great. 3 Batman figures in his battle suit and only one of everybody else.

I'll have to look at the case cost and see if we can make it work without charging over srp on them.

MichaelScarn6969
08-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Ok ya that makes sense. I thought when I looked it up it was:

2x Batman
2X Flash
1X Superman
1x Wonder Woman
1X Aquaman
1X Cyborg

I could be wrong.

adriantripod
08-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Just like the 'good old days' of DC Universe Classics, I have it on good authority that TRU won't be carrying the Multiverse 'Rookie' wave. Canucktibles, if I were you I'd up the orders on these moving forward!

pacinofan
08-02-2017, 08:45 PM
Just like the 'good old days' of DC Universe Classics, I have it on good authority that TRU won't be carrying the Multiverse 'Rookie' wave. Canucktibles, if I were you I'd up the orders on these moving forward!

I second that! I was going to preorder the wave but they sold out b/f I could.

Hoffman
08-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Sorry guys. Up until the King Shark wave, the Multiverse stuff was pretty unreliable and I wasn't sure how much of a market there still was for it.

I'll try to increase orders going forward.

adriantripod
08-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Sorry guys. Up until the King Shark wave, the Multiverse stuff was pretty unreliable and I wasn't sure how much of a market there still was for it.

I'll try to increase orders going forward.

I think the new reveals have piqued/re-awakened interest on these. I still wouldn't go for Legends numbers, but a healthy order boost is, I think, a good idea. I know if I can order a full set from you, I certainly will!

chaingunsofdoom
08-04-2017, 03:12 AM
I know it might be apples and oranges comparing to Canada, but being down here in Phoenix while on vacation I have seen 1 figure from the Rookie wave... after going to over a dozen stores over the week... is that a new wave or old?

And then for JL Multiverse every store had 4 or 8 figures on the pegs exactly on August 1st: Target, TRU, WM. Completed Steppenwolf quite easily.

One WM store had the Zoom wave but no Zoom (who I am still missing for King Shark BAF). And speaking of King Shark, there is a TRU Exclusive War Robin who comes with a different head for King Shark. And this Robin is peg-warming in 3 TRUs down here.

Oh and also @ TRU they have Menelope (sp?) who has 2 flaming swords for the Ares BAF. And she is peg-warming too.

adriantripod
08-04-2017, 10:05 AM
I know it might be apples and oranges comparing to Canada, but being down here in Phoenix while on vacation I have seen 1 figure from the Rookie wave... after going to over a dozen stores over the week... is that a new wave or old?

And then for JL Multiverse every store had 4 or 8 figures on the pegs exactly on August 1st: Target, TRU, WM. Completed Steppenwolf quite easily.

One WM store had the Zoom wave but no Zoom (who I am still missing for King Shark BAF). And speaking of King Shark, there is a TRU Exclusive War Robin who comes with a different head for King Shark. And this Robin is peg-warming in 3 TRUs down here.

Oh and also @ TRU they have Menelope (sp?) who has 2 flaming swords for the Ares BAF. And she is peg-warming too.

The Rookie wave is brand new, as in, a few weeks on the shelves in the States. No sign of them at all in good 'ole Canada.

No sign whatsoever of JL Multiverse figures either. TRU had some of the kid-friendly toys on August 1, but nothing else. Not sure why it's so hard to get both on shelves at the same time.

The King Shark wave has been spotted here, very randomly, in various parts of the country but to say they've hit en masse is wrong. It seems like some Walmarts and TRUs got them, but most didn't.

TRU has told me they're also not carrying the Damian Wayne or Menalippe figures, so if you want to pick up a Damian for me, I'd appreciate it! :D

MichaelScarn6969
08-04-2017, 10:09 PM
TRU has told me they're also not carrying the Damian Wayne or Menalippe figures, so if you want to pick up a Damian for me, I'd appreciate it! :D[/QUOTE]

Welp... A lot of wasted time hunting that Damian lol

Hoffman
08-06-2017, 06:29 PM
We've got some singles from the Rookie wave in stock, but sold out of the full sets. (Sorry again, as per the previous discussion)

cloud
08-07-2017, 01:29 AM
The quality has been so bad for these figures that the sales were low. I think wave 1 and 2 can still be found.
wave 3 is the King shark wave and the baf King Shark really stands out so people are hunting for it.
Somehow I managed to assemble the wave minus Zoom. Why the heck is he so hard to find?
Mattel really sucks! Basically I want to add King Shark to my collection. The figures in this wave are garbage. Although I do like Gordon Batman. Somehow they manage to have a head sculpt that feels like it's a different man behind the mask. And a swapable head instead of a unmask variant like they used to do.

Team Jetfire
08-07-2017, 03:10 AM
That BvS wave really messed up retailers. Not sure why anyone would want a Lex Luthor/Kurt Cobain figure, but there are literally hundreds of them.

Also, WTF is that stupid Gargoyle thing?

I would LOVE if Hasbro got the licence.

chaingunsofdoom
08-16-2017, 12:12 AM
Update post-US-vacation return home...

US WMs in Phoenix were shipped a combo box from Mattel with the left half being wrestlers (why?). The right half was King Shark wave. Except it wasn't a whole set. So one store had 3x Burnside Babs and the other peg-warmers like Hawkman. One store I visited had 3x Zoom and 0 Batgirls. And the remainder of the display was for the cheaper 6" JL figures. 16.82 USD for DC Multiverse in the US BTW.

So I have finally completed King Shark at retail price. 6 months later... but he's totally awesome.

On the day before leaving I found the rest of The Rookie wave at a US WM (minus Reaper). I also found the cheaper 6" Parademon and it's a bit short but looks quite good with the DC JL wave.

I wish I could've brought stuff home, but had no room. And after shipping a 2lb box to a relative... USPS was very expensive at 24 USD as a minimum cost. The Robin and Menalippe peg-warmers will be at US TRUs for a while until they're clearanced. Maybe an Ameri-Friend can help out? 19.99 USD full price (and that's less than the prices up here after conversion).

And one last note. In LA the Frank & Son show had Zoom at 1 booth (which was closed). It was $40 USD. So I'm thinking the distribution of that wave was spotty all over the place.

chaingunsofdoom
08-16-2017, 12:13 AM
Oh and as a general sighting, the local WM here today had the Batman and Cyborg Exclusives with Motherboxes... C$28.97 each and both are needed to complete them.

Team Jetfire
08-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Found this piece of garbage at EB games on 130th today.

http://i.imgur.com/8ODiVcul.jpg

MichaelScarn6969
08-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Found the Batman and Cyborg with mother boxes exclusives at Walmart today in Hamilton Ontario.

Imgur Link to picture: https://m.imgur.com/kSt7bkV

MichaelScarn6969
01-18-2018, 08:35 PM
Anyone know when the Multiverse Clayface wave is supposed to be coming out and/or hitting shelves?

Wintermute
01-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Apparently those DC Multiverse Premium figs are turning up in Canada at Walmarts. The Batman Forever and Flash figs, at least.

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=1&itemid=30441

bambam
01-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I found Kilmer Batman and JWS Flash at a Walmart in Toronto. Each were $29.97, same as other DC Multiverse figures.

cli1ck
01-20-2018, 06:23 PM
Found this at Walmart Markham and Steeles. Not too sure on a price

Wintermute
01-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Found two Val Kilmer Batmen and 1 Flash at Walmart Ancaster just now. Am curious about the batman but I would like to see a review on these figs first

MichaelScarn6969
02-20-2018, 07:13 PM
I don't know if the dates on the Previews site applies to big box stores like Walmart and Toys R Us, but it says that the Clayface wave is supposed to start hitting shelves on the 21st of February.

I see that the wave is up on CMDstore right now. However, I'm only really looking to get Batwoman and maybe Jessica Cruz Green Lantern but to order through them or even Northmencollectibles turns a $30 figure into a $50 figure. I'm going to be checking some walmarts tomorrow. I'll be posting in the Ontario DC figure sightings if I see anything.

chaingunsofdoom
02-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Ordered 3/5 from the Clayface wave from BBTS for $18 USD each as part of a larger order. Did not get Two-Face or GL yet.

Batwoman is great. Elbows can't really do 90 degrees with the changed articulation (unless I am doing something weird), but the other added articulation everywhere else is great. Double wrists/knees. New crotch. No ankle swivel as per all DC Multiverse stuff. No weapon kinda weird but extra head and hands.

TV Martian Manhunter looks good but has less articulation. One cut knee... old square crotch... ugh. But he has a bicep cut where BW does not.

Supes seems to mix new crotch down to legs but old upper body. Probably second best of the 3.

Dinged $9.95 plus GST on the box as per usual.

Wintermute
02-22-2018, 10:26 PM
DC Multiverse The Flash TV version was found tonight at the EB Games University Plaza, so check your EB Games for this figure! No sign of the Val Kilmer Batman there though.

The price was $32.99 or $29.69 if you have the Platinum Card.

I didn't pick it up, so it's still there.

Picked up an SNES Classic instead though ;)

MichaelScarn6969
02-23-2018, 12:56 AM
DC Multiverse The Flash TV version was found tonight at the EB Games University Plaza, so check your EB Games for this figure! No sign of the Val Kilmer Batman there though.

The price was $32.99 or $29.69 if you have the Platinum Card.

I didn't pick it up, so it's still there.

Picked up an SNES Classic instead though ;)

Nice that's not too far for me! I will start checking EB Games. Didn't know they carried Multiverse figures.

Thanks!

Wintermute
02-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Yeah I didn't know EB carried them either. And you're very welcome, sir!

chaingunsofdoom
05-03-2018, 05:08 PM
The Platinum Injustice 2 wave of Bats/Supes are at WM as per the front page news item.

Wintermute
08-26-2018, 12:58 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/DC-Comics-Multiverse-Action-Figure/dp/B07GL7TKZX/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1535302531&sr=1-1&keywords=dc+multiverse&refinements=p_85%3A5690392011

Not sure what figures these are yet on amazon.ca.

Perhaps Aquaman since there's a blurb which says: "Highly detailed 6" key DC action figure from the new movie".

MichaelScarn6969
09-24-2018, 11:49 PM
Anyone know when the Multiverse Aquaman movie figures are supposed to officially release? I see people finding them in Walmart’s in the states and I’m getting antsy. Also, I see some people are finding the Multiverse Harley and Spoiler figures in Walmarts down there too. Really want that Spoiler figure.

Can’t seem to find any sites, specifically Canadian ones, taking pre-orders for any of these new Multiverse figures.

Edit: Northmen has the Lex Luthor Superman wave for pre-order but that’s all I’ve found.

The Rock
10-01-2018, 12:58 AM
Just ordered a set off amazon.com as they put their pre-orders up with today as a street date. ($ 19.99 each....with shipping & import fees...came to $ 105 USD total for the set) I checked this month's Previews (for Local Comic Shops) and they had no listings for any DC Multiverse products; however, keep your fingers crossed for Wally-Mart in Canada. The DC shelves are looking quite barren so it could be time for the new Aquaman figures !

fjjr
10-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Northmen Collectibles have pre-orders open for singles of the Multiverse Aquaman movie Mera, Black Manta, and Aquaman. Guess they sold out of pre-orders for the full wave and singles of Orm.

I pre-ordered the Lex Luthor wave. Wish the price was a little lower, but given what happened with the availability of the Clayface wave I went ahead. I'll probably wait and see if I can get the Aquaman wave on sale later on this year.

MichaelScarn6969
10-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Northmen Collectibles have pre-orders open for singles of the Multiverse Aquaman movie Mera, Black Manta, and Aquaman. Guess they sold out of pre-orders for the full wave and singles of Orm.

I pre-ordered the Lex Luthor wave. Wish the price was a little lower, but given what happened with the availability of the Clayface wave I went ahead. I'll probably wait and see if I can get the Aquaman wave on sale later on this year.

Yeah I ordered the Lex Luthor wave from them too. It's the only Canadian site that I could find that had them. I've never ordered from them before, but I see people talk about them all the time.

fjjr
10-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Northmen Collectibles has the Lobo wave up for pre-order for $114.99. They also have the full Aquaman Multiverse wave. I had not ordered anything from Northmen before putting in my pre-order for the Lex Luthor wave (along with some Star Wars 3.75" figures). Hopefully they will be able to come through with the Multiverse figures. They sent me a message regarding the Star Wars figures and charged my credit card, so I should be getting those by the end of the month.

It looks like the Lex Luthor wave is sold out of pre-orders. If anyone here has any interest in the Lobo wave, you should probably pre-order it now. Definitely cheaper than buying them from the US and I'm guessing this wave is going to be popular.

MichaelScarn6969
10-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Northmen Collectibles has the Lobo wave up for pre-order for $114.99. They also have the full Aquaman Multiverse wave. I had not ordered anything from Northmen before putting in my pre-order for the Lex Luthor wave (along with some Star Wars 3.75" figures). Hopefully they will be able to come through with the Multiverse figures. They sent me a message regarding the Star Wars figures and charged my credit card, so I should be getting those by the end of the month.

It looks like the Lex Luthor wave is sold out of pre-orders. If anyone here has any interest in the Lobo wave, you should probably pre-order it now. Definitely cheaper than buying them from the US and I'm guessing this wave is going to be popular.

Thanks! Got my pre-order for the Lobo wave in. I pre-ordered the lex wave back in July so I'm getting pretty anxious for it. That was my first time pre-ordering with them.

chaingunsofdoom
11-20-2018, 02:34 PM
No sign of Aquaman 6-inch stuff anywhere. One month to release day. TRU has the small Aquaman with giant shark. Or the 12-inch posable figures.

turtle power eh
11-21-2018, 10:10 AM
Not a DC collector but in regards to Northmen: I have ordered from them once and it was a good experience. I pre ordered a bunch of ML singles and paid upfront. Took awhile to get everything I ordered (that's Hasbro's issue not theirs)but when I emailed to inquire they were prompt to get back to me with exactly what they were waiting on and an ETA. The free shipping on orders over $100 is also nice. Overall they shipped fast once my complete order was ready and have good customer service. I will repeat with them 100% in the future. Would highly recommend them to you guys.

chaingunsofdoom
12-28-2018, 01:48 AM
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mattel-goldman-20181224-story.html

Adios DC boys toys from Mattel by 2020.

Vorahk
12-28-2018, 12:22 PM
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mattel-goldman-20181224-story.html

Adios DC boys toys from Mattel by 2020.

In regards to that does that include the dc multiverse line? Then also what experience do spin master even have in making action figures? Only things I have ever seen them make is hatchimals and meccano. So I’m not going into this venture with the highest of hopes.

chaingunsofdoom
12-28-2018, 03:10 PM
Yeah it's boys toys, so DC Multiverse is gone from Mattel. Spinmaster does not make any type of action figures like them as of right now. Guess they have 2 years to figure it out?

Stryfe2026
12-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Yeah it's boys toys, so DC Multiverse is gone from Mattel. Spinmaster does not make any type of action figures like them as of right now. Guess they have 2 years to figure it out?

As far as I know Spinmaster makes the new Ninja Turtles.

Napseeker
12-28-2018, 06:58 PM
SpinMaster made TRON Legacy figures. They were "okay" in that they had good articulation, but the light-up feature hampered the torso, and the Kevin Flynn face sculpt was laughably bad.

They are really, really going to have to do much better if they want to keep the DC license beyond 3 years, specifically Marvel Universe quality figures, not Funko 9POA.

Alexander Quinn
12-29-2018, 03:29 PM
As far as I know Spinmaster makes the new Ninja Turtles.

I could be wrong, but I believe they only handle distribution for TMNT and Voltron stuff. Playmates actually makes them though. I have no idea why things are that way, but plastic gods help us all if they botch distribution for anything else as much as they did the Voltron line.

chaingunsofdoom
12-29-2018, 07:38 PM
No idea about Voltron since I don't collect those, but Mattel distribution has been abysmal in Canada for 2 years so it must be bad!

Vorahk
12-30-2018, 01:11 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe they only handle distribution for TMNT and Voltron stuff. Playmates actually makes them though. I have no idea why things are that way, but plastic gods help us all if they botch distribution for anything else as much as they did the Voltron line.

Oh my god if they do anything like they did with tmnt or voltron we are all screwed for dc figures.

Alexander Quinn
12-30-2018, 05:59 PM
No idea about Voltron since I don't collect those, but Mattel distribution has been abysmal in Canada for 2 years so it must be bad!

It’s crazy, right? I don’t think I saw any DC Multiverse figures in stores this holiday season. I know they keep coming out cause I see them on my Instagram feed, but I’ve never seen any of the new blue box BAF waves. No Aquaman figures aside from the cheapy ones. Nothing mass produced since Justice League except for those weird Val Kilmer Batman and diecast Injustice figures. I wish I could add some DC figures into my shelves to mingle with the 60+ Marvel Legends figures I got just this year, but there’s never anything new at retail to get.

Vorahk
12-30-2018, 07:44 PM
It’s crazy, right? I don’t think I saw any DC Multiverse figures in stores this holiday season. I know they keep coming out cause I see them on my Instagram feed, but I’ve never seen any of the new blue box BAF waves. No Aquaman figures aside from the cheapy ones. Nothing mass produced since Justice League except for those weird Val Kilmer Batman and diecast Injustice figures. I wish I could add some DC figures into my shelves to mingle with the 60+ Marvel Legends figures I got just this year, but there’s never anything new at retail to get.

It’s cause everyone got scared with bat creature and hippy lex Luther that no one wanted to buy kept clogging up their shelves. My walmarts have like 3 rows of those metal injustice 2 bats and supes just sitting there. They are seriously not moving at all, and that’s why I think none of my stores don’t want to order any is cause of that.

MichaelScarn6969
12-30-2018, 08:07 PM
It’s cause everyone got scared with bat creature and hippy lex Luther that no one wanted to buy kept clogging up their shelves. My walmarts have like 3 rows of those metal injustice 2 bats and supes just sitting there. They are seriously not moving at all, and that’s why I think none of my stores don’t want to order any is cause of that.

Even online retailers seem to be hesitant to carry them. The only Canadian site that has them listed is Northmencollectibles. I figured CMDstore would have at least had them as well, but nothing. Canucktibles the same thing.

But DC figures seem to be a risky product to carry. I remember on Canucktibles a couple of future waves of the DC Essentials were listed for pre-order but now those have even been taken down.

It's really unfortunate. I mainly collect DC figures, DC Universe Classics is my favourite toy line of all time. So it sucks when I have to rely on American sites/stores in order to get the figures I want.

Napseeker
12-31-2018, 03:01 AM
It's the same thing with Star Wars at TRU. I was expecting TRU to get in the usual ton of SW 6" figures at XMas, but it's been totally dry.

There's no doubt in my mind it's because they've had sale after sale this entire year and had lots of trouble getting rid of Kylo, Rey, Maz Kanata, Poe, and any other crappy sequel trilogy character (thanks again, JJ Abrams for your shitty sequel ideas and killing off Star Wars).

Both SW and DCM have been huge pegwarmers all year. What retailer wants to get stuck with either of them (unless it's original trilogy 6").

The Rock
12-31-2018, 07:40 AM
DC figures are my favourite as well...used to be able to get them in local comic stores via Previews catalogues but even they've stopped soliciting DC Multiverse products. Amazon.com is a mixed bag...they sent the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman but cancelled the Aquaman order (ended up getting them from Megalopolis Toys).

adriantripod
01-03-2019, 11:03 PM
I gave up on finding DC action figures at Canadian retail in 2008!

I was lucky enough to get 18 out of 20 waves of DCUC from my local comic shop, but for the Multiverse lines I've just been getting them direct from Big Bad Toy Store. Including shipping they've mostly all worked out to like $34 each, shipped to my door, which is juuuust about what I would pay at retail here with tax.

Toys R Us looks to be carrying no Multiverse at all these days (if they didn't get the Aquaman ones, the outlook for the Lobo wave seems grim!) and Walmart is, at best, a crapshoot.

Buy online! Ease your mind!

chaingunsofdoom
01-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Wonder what Mattel is doing and then I walk into TRU today and there's the Aquaman basic 6-inch General Murk in 2 different red colors. The date stamps were 244 for the first release redder one and 279 for the revised darker one. Newer red looks better but the weapons are still old color. LOL

m.arndt
02-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Since EB Games has been carrying ML Walgreens exclusives, what are the chances they may get the Walgreens Multiverse Bizarro figure too?
Anyone with some inside information by chance?

canprime
02-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Since EB Games has been carrying ML Walgreens exclusives, what are the chances they may get the Walgreens Multiverse Bizarro figure too?

Unknown, but probably have to keep an eye on the website.

Better get what you can now since it was just announced that McFarlane Toys is taking over the DC license for 6" & 12" figures.

erik352
02-12-2019, 12:20 PM
I doubt it. There was a Dark Knight Flash figure that came out in Walgreens, that never made it here.

Wintermute
02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Amazon.ca has the Aquaman Multiverse figures (except for Black Manta) in stock on their website for about $32:

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=dc+multiverse+aquaman+movie+action+figures&crid=293GQK02DBF2&sprefix=dc+multiverse+aq%2Caps%2C149&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_16

Bludchylde
02-12-2019, 06:05 PM

Never got into Multiverse, mostly due to the undersized TV and movie figures. The Walmart here still has the BvS Lex Luthor with the grapnel piece which has been on clearance forever.

I would have gladly gotten into the line if I had seen later waves if I would have seen them to put with my DCUC and Marvel Legends.

Mitchbb
03-01-2019, 03:43 PM
We didn't get the last Walgreens Multiverse so we likely wont get Bizarro

Mitchbb
03-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Walmart Canada is now stocking Shazam Multiverse wave in stores

MichaelScarn6969
03-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Walmart Canada is now stocking Shazam Multiverse wave in stores

You've personally seen them in stores? If so, where?

I'm trying to get my hands on that Shazam figure. I went out last night looking and couldn't find any.

ssjgoku22
03-02-2019, 01:51 AM
You've personally seen them in stores? If so, where?

I'm trying to get my hands on that Shazam figure. I went out last night looking and couldn't find any.

Just a heads up, it's a pretty bad looking figure.

there_is_a_martens
03-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Just a heads up, it's a pretty bad looking figure.

I'll don't know. I bought it and thought it was a great figure. A surprising good likeness of Zach Levi too! Might have to get a Chuck custom put together for reasons.

Robimus
03-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Saw the Shazam at a Walmart in Manitoba last night

m.arndt
03-11-2019, 02:58 PM
Anyone hear anything regarding what might be the holdup with the DC Multiverse Lobo wave? Is it just our usual Canadian action figure luck where we’re made to wait months after the US release? Mattel’s typical uselessness when it come to Canadian distribution where we might not get them at all? Combination of both?

chaingunsofdoom
03-11-2019, 04:22 PM
Besides the Metal Injustice 2 Supes/Batman and the Flash/Batman special editions with those stands, we haven't had an actual Multiverse wave in... around 2 years? JL movie wave showed up months late @ TRU. Never saw it at WM but they got their exclusive Cyborg/Batman.

Now at WM here today, there are 12+ Shazam and 3x Sivana. Along with dozens of the Metal Injustice figures. :(

adriantripod
03-11-2019, 07:36 PM
Anyone hear anything regarding what might be the holdup with the DC Multiverse Lobo wave? Is it just our usual Canadian action figure luck where we’re made to wait months after the US release? Mattel’s typical uselessness when it come to Canadian distribution where we might not get them at all? Combination of both?

Take it for what it's worth, but once upon a time TRU head office told me that it's not up to them what they get, it's what Mattel Canada offers to them to sell, which...seems insane. I started ordering full sets off BBTS a while back, it's less stress in my life.

MichaelScarn6969
03-11-2019, 08:12 PM

I doubt we'll ever see it. I'm still holding out hope for it though. Same with the Lex Luthor wave. Really want the Vixen from that wave.

But going back to the Lobo wave, I see that some Canadian sites have it up for preorder but like most waves I'm only interested in certain figures from the wave so I don't want to have to order the whole wave. Unfortunately it seems these sites are only selling the wave as a whole though.

Napseeker
03-12-2019, 01:31 AM
You can't blame them, no one wants to get stuck with those pegwarmers from that line now that's dying on the vine. I do wonder if the Heath Ledger Joker and Devito Penguin will even materialize now...

Wintermute
06-12-2019, 10:31 PM
DC Multiverse Signature Collection The Dark Knight Joker is in stock on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/DC-Comics-FWK58-Multiverse-Collection/dp/B07HKKV4HP/ref=pd_sbs_21_1/134-1528161-2286732?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07HKKV4HP&pd_rd_r=dd0d1de7-8d82-11e9-b208-bf1295e13c3c&pd_rd_w=l6rgV&pd_rd_wg=MfYUu&pf_rd_p=5dcda75b-8643-4da3-9bb1-5c0233790500&pf_rd_r=PJ3QAA39RXC2116P3K1R&psc=1&refRID=PJ3QAA39RXC2116P3K1R

I got this guy delivered yesterday and I gotta say, it's the best figure Mattel has made in years, IMO. I'm really digging the figure. It's bittersweet that they're losing the licence, because this figure shows how much better they were getting. But too little, too late, I suppose.

At least they're going out with some pretty good figures (for once!)

Tonestar
06-12-2019, 11:49 PM
The Batman Returns Penguin is also available on Amazon.ca for the same price, $34.99.

MichaelScarn6969
06-13-2019, 10:08 AM
I just want the lex Luthor wave Vixen...

The Rock
06-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Was @ the Silver Snail today (around 2:30ish) and they had 2 Vixen left (price was expensive for that wave---$ 37.99)

MichaelScarn6969
06-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Was @ the Silver Snail today (around 2:30ish) and they had 2 Vixen left (price was expensive for that wave---$ 37.99)

That sh*t pisses me off tbh... I hate when stores online retailers (looking at you cmdstore) jack the price up on figures that aren’t even that old. Or even when they’re brand new and know people will pay the jacked up prices.

canprime
06-17-2019, 07:33 AM
That sh*t pisses me off tbh... I hate when stores online retailers (looking at you cmdstore) jack the price up on figures that aren’t even that old. Or even when they’re brand new and know people will pay the jacked up prices.

Honestly that's been the practice for small shops and comic stores for years now. So I kind of expect it and don't really care anymore.

What pisses me off more, and scares me, is the big retailers Amazon, Walmart, etc and their changing practices. When they start using algorithms to change prices on items in the same wave and at the same price point at retail that's a scary situation. Those kind of practices shouldn't be happening at the large retailers and I think governments will eventually have to step in and regulate, much like they do for advertising.

erik352
06-17-2019, 09:29 AM
I was at The Comic Room last week, its a small comic shop in the Scaroborough area. I saw Gaslight Batman and Wonder Woman from the Lex wave, they were going for $26+, so price is pretty good. Sadly, didnt see any other figures from the wave. The figures look good in perfect, except for the heads. They are pretty awful looking especially compared with the stuff hasbro is doing with ML.

Team Jetfire
06-17-2019, 10:13 AM

I was talking to my local comic store about this and to be honest I can't blame them. Consider that a local shop might order 2-3 cases of the newest Thanos Marvel Legends wave. Case assortment includes:

1x Hercules
1x Ronin
1x Maw
1x Night Hawk
1x Living Laser
1x Citizen V
2x QR Caps.

3 of those figures are hot commodities, 2 are only for BAF and comic collectors and 2 have no BAF piece. He'll be lucky to sell the Living Laser and Citizen V for retail of $30, but probably will be sitting on them for a few months and later mark them down to 20-25 range. Having 4-6 Captain America figures right from the jump make them difficult to move at retail price so they are instantly on the shelf for $20 each. So from 5 figures he is down $20 for the Caps and $15 (ish) from the other three comic figures. Unfortunately the only way that he can recoup this is jacking up the price on the popular figures.

Outside of that there are 3 other solutions: 1. Hasbro sells individual figures and moves away from the cases. 2. Small retailers and online stores sells only full cases to the public to ensure that they are not left with any costly shelf warmers. 3. They just stop caring them all together as they are no longer profitable.

fjjr
08-17-2019, 10:58 PM
So, did anyone actually get any of these last Multiverse waves (Luthor, Lobo, Batman Ninja, Killer Croc ) from anywhere here in Canada?

Onslaught
08-17-2019, 11:46 PM
So, did anyone actually get any of these last Multiverse waves (Luthor, Lobo, Batman Ninja, Killer Croc ) from anywhere here in Canada?

At two Walmarts I found only figure each from this wave. To my surprise, I saw a lone KGBeast on the pegs so I grabbed him as he was the one I wanted the most. At a different Walmart I saw a Dick Grayson Batman. Haven't seen any other since. These were in the Mississauga area.

MichaelScarn6969
08-18-2019, 03:24 PM

Got the whole Croc wave at Toys R Us here in Hamilton a few weeks back. Managed to get a few of the Luthor wave figures at various comic shops.

Eko123
08-18-2019, 10:15 PM

I was able to get the entire Luthor and Batman Ninja waves from a seller at a toy show. He was selling them for only a little more than regular mass retail price and he also took payment through PayPal.

Unfortunately, I'll have to buy the Lobo wave and the Walgreens Bizarro from eBay. I also need to hunt for the Two-Face online from the Clayface wave, even though three of the five figures from that wave (Batwoman, DC Rebirth Superman and TV Martian Manhunter) were available on Amazon.ca for $29.99 for a short time.

chaingunsofdoom
08-27-2019, 12:14 AM
My US trip was OK thanks to Amazon.com orders to a Locker box.

Target had Luthor wave figs still at full price 19.99 USD, so I Amazoned 3 of them and Spoiler for around 15 USD each. I found Vixen at a Target (OOS on Amazon) to complete Luthor the day before returning home.

Target also had the Batman/Ivy/Joker older style, but I passed on those 3.

US WMs just started stocking the Alfred wave we got a few weeks back.

Eko123
10-07-2019, 09:17 PM
For anyone who wasn't able to get the figures from the Rookie wave way back, Amazon.ca has restocked on all of the figures (including the Reaper) and is currently selling each for $25.59 before tax.

Mitchbb
01-03-2020, 05:58 PM
Now that this Mattel line is over where are the McFarlane 7” discussions happening.

cloud
01-05-2020, 02:40 AM
I'll open a new thread somewhere.
Very excited for this and EB Games have them up for pre-order.