PDA

View Full Version : Would you want vehicles, playsets and multi-packs for the Marvel Universe line?

Eko123
09-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Given Hasbro's extensive track record in producing detailed and well-sculpted vehicles and playsets for their other 3 3/4" lines like Star Wars and G.I. Joe, would you want them to do the same for their Marvel Universe line?

Seeing as how the Marvel Universe seems to be aimed more towards collectors, I'm not suggesting silly stuff like Wolverine helicopters or Spider-Man motorcycles. I'm talking more about comic-accurate vehicles and playsets like the Fantasticar or the X-Men's Blackbird jet.

For example, could you imagine stuff like this?

-a classic Avengers Quinjet that can seat up to 6 - 8 figures and comes with an exclusive Jocasta figure

-a S.H.I.E.L.D. flying car with an exclusive Agent Sharon Carter or Dum Dum Dugan figure

-an X-Men Danger Room playset with an exclusive Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat figure...maybe you could even make it several sets (each with an exclusive figure) which interlock to form a bigger set (a "build-a-playset")

-a Fantastic Four lab playset with an exclusive H.E.R.B.I.E. the Robot figure

In terms of multi-packs of figures, would you want to see more of them like the TRU Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends 3-pack or the SDCC Invaders set? Maybe it would be a way for Hasbro to produce more obscure characters that might not sell as well if they were released as single carded ones.

And as in the case of the TRU Soldiers & Henchmen 3-pack, multi-packs are a great as generic troop builders.

Could you imagine these type of themed multi-packs/gift sets?

-founding X-Men, Avengers, etc.
-1970s X-Men (Wolverine, Storm, Thunderbird, etc.) or 1970s Avengers (Mantis, Swordsman, etc.)
-Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (both classic and 1980s version)
-A.I.M. (with exclusive A.I.M. agents and Modok)
-Alpha Flight
-Defenders (e.g. Nighthawk, Gargoyle, etc.)
-Eternals
-Excalibur
-Guardians of the Galaxy (both the classic and modern incarnations)
-Inhumans
-Masters of Evil
-New Mutants (featuring characters like Cannonball, Karma, Sunspot, Moonstar, etc. in their original X-Men training costumes)
-New Warriors
-Runaways
-Serpent Society/Serpent Squad
-Shi'ar Imperial Guard
-Winter Guard (the Russian team which took over from the Supreme Soviet Super-Soldiers)
-alien troop builders sets (e.g. Kree, Skrull, Shi'ar, Brood, etc.)

Yeah, I know all of this is just wishful thinking and I doubt that Habro would ever consider vehicles or playsets (although they'd probably continue making more multi-packs)...but one can always dream, right? :)

Super_Megatron
11-28-2009, 03:00 PM
I support the idea of more 3-packs. Not sure how many play sets I'd be into, but I like the gigantic battles ideas and would buy a Sentinal and Galactus as I missed these with Marvel Legends. 1970s X-Men is a no brainer, but I'd like to see all characters from the various X-men comics covered.

Brohara
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Sing me up for the classic Avengers Quinjet.. and half of the other ideas you have here. The AIM/MODOK pack would rock. I think they do great things with a SHIELD HeliCarrier...

pud333
02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't particularly care for playsets or vehicles in general, mostly because of lack of space, but I am all for more three packs. This time maybe priced better, cause $29.99 for the three packs are steep, considering normally you're supposed to get a deal for buying multipacks. A better price would be in the $22-24.99 range, though I don't know if Hasbro could pull that off due to licensing issues.

Evan
02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I'd throw my vote in for a Heli-Carrier playset, but I'd need a few more SHIELD agents to man it as well.

I'd like a Savage Land playset with some dinosaurs and a Ka-zaar. They could repaint some Jurassic Park dinos to save costs on molds. Throw in The New Avengers, and (while I'm living in fantasy land here) Shockwave :D. Maybe a piece of Savage Land could come with each character (or dinosaur). Make each piece interlock the same way, so you can build your Savage Land anyway you like (and don't need them all to build the scene). Heck, even repaint some of the same pieces. Just give us enough options for different back drops/pieces so that it doesn't look like a bad episode of the Flintstones when we're done building.