PDA

View Full Version : The AFN Star Wars Cantina Social Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Robimus
01-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Come on in, pull up a chair and order a Blue Milk or a Corellian Ale.:D

A great place to introduce yourself, chat with other Star Wars fans and find out how the weather is across Canada.:p

Robimus
01-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Su'cuy! (Hi in Mando'a)

Let me start off by telling you a little about myself. My names Rob(imus) and I've been involved pretty heavily in action figure collection since around 1995.

Star Wars was always my first love and in addition to collecting the toys I also have read almost every Expanded Universe(EU for short) novel ever written, many multiple times. Comics as well to a lesser extent as well.

Yeah, I knew who Fenn Shysa was way before he got an action figure:p

I've been a long time toy dealer at the local conventions around Winnipeg, and eagerly look forward to the Central Canada Comic Convention every year(formerly the Manitoba Comic Convention).

The MBCC has allowed me too meet many of the actors who portrayed characters I enjoy in the Star Wars films, most notably Dave Prowse(Darth Vader) and Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett).:)

Welcome to the site and please take your time having a look around. May the Force be with you all!:D

Oya! (Lets roll in Mando'a)

Robimus
01-26-2009, 10:20 AM
So did anyone catch Clone Wars Lair of General Grievous this weekend? It should be back on the CTV, but I didn't notice it last night......

Robimus
01-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Coruscant Nights: Patterns of the Force was officially released today. I'll be picking it up in the next couple weeks.

Jax Pavan vs Darth Vader sounds cool if not a little one sided....Maybe I-5 can help:D

SPLIT LIP
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm SPLIT LIP, some of you already know or recognize me from TFW and all it's little babies like Cyb.ca and TOYARK. Hell, I even stop by HISSTANK now and again. I love TFs, LEGO BIONICLE, LEGO SW and regualr SW figs loosely in that order. I watch shows like TF:A, SW:CW an the new KR series. I'm also pro-acronyms. (at least ones that make sense) I play on the xboxes and usually paly Halo 3, Half-life 2 and it's Episodes and SW: Force Unleashed.

Also, to Robimus: I don't watch the Clone Wars on TV anymore since they delayed it for like 5 episodes, I use torrents so I usually catch it about half an hour after it airs in the US. The series is freaking awesome and Lair of Grievous was cool.

Robimus
01-29-2009, 02:23 PM
I got up to episode 14 online as well, but now I'm gonna wait for the CTV to catch up. Watching on my smallish computer monitor isn't all that nice.:)

And welcome SPLIT LIP! Glad to see ya over this way.

GMfan101
01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
So did anyone catch Clone Wars Lair of General Grievous this weekend? It should be back on the CTV, but I didn't notice it last night......

I saw it wicked episode. Wish ya saw grievous's face under the mask ( know what it looks like but I wanted see it on screen :P)

My brother was beside himself since Kitt Fisto is his favourite Jedi along with Plo Koon which is why I like this series, give you more story for these cool characters introduced in the prequels that didn't get enough screen time. Phil LaMarr voicing him was just the icing on the cake ;)

Robimus
01-31-2009, 10:33 PM
If anyone hasn't seen all four Spike TV adds for Star Wars they are worth a look.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ywhf1-q6lA

GMfan101
01-31-2009, 10:45 PM
LoL I've seen the first 2...I want an Ewok...

Robimus
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
A couple convention guest list updates:

Peter Mayhew will be attending the Central Canada Comic Con in Winnpeg Oct 30th and 31st.

Ray Park will be attending the Calgary Expo April 25th and 26th........hmmmnnnn, strange to have two major Canadian Conventions on the same weekend(TFCon as well that weekend). What are the odds? :)

Haggis
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey, I'm Haggis.

I've been collecting toys since i can remember. Heavy focused on Transformers, Star wars and now marvel universe. (hasbro owns me)

I've been to teh Manitoba Comic-con for teh last 3 years now. (since i haven't heard of it untill then) I've probabuly seen Robimus there planty of time and haven't even known)

Robimus
02-05-2009, 01:24 AM
This is its forth year so you've been to them all Haggis! I'm sure we've crossed paths. Welcome here.:)

GMfan101
02-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Robimus is everywhere....didn't you know?

Robimus
02-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Some notes from Darkhorse today: Rebellion has been officially cancelled after its "hiadus" but a new title has been announced:

Invasion is the new title and is set during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Sounds awesome. It's due out in July.

Dark Times is also set to return from hiadus in April and has relaunched with a free online preview comic over at Dark Horse.com. More Bomo Greenbark is a good thing:D

GMfan101
02-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I was never too excited about Rebellion...skipped waaay to much in between the EU to it. I wouldn't mind getting some graphic adaptation for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Robimus
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I've never picked up Rebellion myself, but very much enjoy Legacy, Darktimes and a lot of the older stuff like Crimson Empire.

It's very difficult to keep up with the EU being that everything from Clone Wars Animated to the Young Adult novls are all part of the universe:eek:.

I do the best I can but its eay to miss stuff, and of course often by mistake and sometimes on purpose the old history gets overwritten by the new. One day the Intergalactic Banking Clan survived for 40 years past the Battle of Yavin, the next it was destroyed just after the Clone Wars:p

Robimus
02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Came across an interesting trailer today. The People vs George Lucas.

Check it out here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoc3roT81nU)

GMfan101
02-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh why can't people just be happy with what the get for practically nothing...

Robimus
02-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Finished Patterns of the Force last week. I liked it, lots of timeline errors in the book but it was a fun enough read, esspecially if you've read Shadow Hunter in particular. The Force powers are Force Unleashed style(over the top).:(

Jax's gets some closure in reguards to his father through I-5. Kinda emotional stuff.:)

GMfan101
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Force Unleashed? Should be called Force Overpowered...how can Vader's apprentice have more powers then the original Sith lords....

I did see some of the new CW and I may have to get the Plo Koon with Lightsaber gauntlet for my brother since he loves that character and the way they cooled him up with that toy alone. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats the first I've seen a Lightsaber gauntlet.

Robimus
02-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that the first lightsaber guantlet I've seen as well. Strange I dont recall him using it on the show, of course I'm only up to episode 14 or so.:)

And I'm in complete agreement on the Force Unleashed stuff. It's the only Star Wars novel I could not finish reading. Palpatine's black clad royal guardsmen started shooting Force lightning and I was like "Thats it, this is way dumn".

That game play style stuff might work well for the game itself(I dunno) but it just didn't fit in the universe.:mad:

GMfan101
02-22-2009, 03:15 PM
I think some of the best Jedi games out there would be Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Acamedy, and Knights of the Old Republic.

Fair Force powers where neither light or dark side is incredibly over powered and some amazing lightsaber commands in the Jedi Knight series (especially in the sequals) with varying stances that basically makes you figure out what works best for you. I'm sure people can still get their hands on Jedi Knight II and the graphics are not incredibly outdated like Dark Forces II....down side theres only one ending really and game graphic cutscences where as Dark Forces II has live action cutscenes that were filmed for the game and and had 2 different ending depending on whether you stayed on the light side of the Force or fall to the dark side.

Robimus
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, those games are the most well recieved, along with the X-Wing vs Tie Fighter computer games. They also all exist within official Star Wars canon in some form or another.

For the Kyle Katarn stuff basically the lightside endings ended up as canon. For KotOR we have the lightside endings as Canon as well with Revan confirmed as being Male and the Exile female. Too bad the long rumored Bastila figure has yet to become a reality:(

Robimus
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Here's a link to some cool podcasts featuring interviews with Matt Stover and Karen Miller.

SWActionnews (http://www.swactionnews.com/archives/ep184.htm)

Robimus
03-19-2009, 12:59 AM

I love this cover. Can't wait for this one. As the Skirata's turn, lol.

Darman and company are now a part of the 501st.....cool. Maybe we'll see Vader :cool:

Robimus
03-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Fate of the Jedi: Outcast comes out tomorrow.:D

I'll be getting my copy soon.

Robimus
04-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Some sad news about Outcast Author Mr.Allston today. While promoting his book he had a heart attack. Mr. Allston has been a big part of the Star Wars Expanded Universe for many years, going all the way back to the X-Wing Series novels.

Yesterday, Del Rey author Aaron Allston underwent quadruple bypass surgery. Aaron was on tour, promoting his latest book Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Outcast when he suffered a heartattack and was admitted to a hospital in Texas. He is currently in intensive care, but stable. Our thoughts are with him.
Please send any well-wishes to:
Aaron Allston
c/o Del Rey Books
1745 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

Robimus
04-16-2009, 02:48 AM
I loved Legacy #'s 32 and 33. Tries Sinde rules and the other characters, both Mon Cal and Sith were so much fun.

It's got the underwater Star Wars battle scenes I've always wanted to see including an underwater AT-AT.:D

FlightWeaponAlpha
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Yo Star Warriors!

Name's Jamie, and I have been a HUGE SW fan through all the years since my Grandpa took me to see ESB in theatres when I was a tyke.

I have a bunch of the original 80's figures still, all out of package, and I still buy a bunch of the toys to play with and check out since they have always been my favourite part of Star Wars fandom.

Love the EU stuff, I have all of the comics done by Dark Horse in either original issues or TPB format, and have a lot of the original Marvel stuff as well, just a few issues here and there to fill in. I buy most of the novels too, am only missing some of the Young Reader novels and such for my collection, but may wait to pick some of these up until my daughter gets a bit older and can read/have them read to her.

Love the new Clone Wars cartoon, and hope the series goes on for a long time. The toys coming out of this are great, though I would love to see more articulation in the knee's and feet. Plo Koon is by far one of the best Jedi figures Hasbro has done to date. Looking forward to getting the Magna Guards to surround Greivous in a new diorama I'm making for the Clone Wars. A new Obi-Wan figure with greater articulation is needed too, as the Anakin from the Battle Pack has jointed knees and ankles to make it much better than the first one.

Look forward to meeting and speaking with more of you on these forums!

Cheers,
JB

Robimus
04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Nice to see another Star Wars fanatic. :D I've been slowly getting the Young Adult novels myself.

I really think that Last of the Jedi was an excellent, dark series for YA books if your looking to start somewhere FWA.

Jedi Quest and Jedi Apprentice are not as high on my list, while the new series, Rebel Force is kinda fun as well.:D

Welcome here.

jacobot
05-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Be careful down there in the States Robimus ;)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3488874727_b51ce17ecb.jpg

MisBio12
05-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Be careful down there in the States Robimus ;)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3488874727_b51ce17ecb.jpgreally but that is hillarous but :eek: and :confused:

Robimus
05-12-2009, 01:34 AM
I can't wait for Karen Traviss's new novel No Prisoners, due out this coming Tuesday if not sooner.:)

Can't wait to read more about Gilad Pellaeon circa the Clone Wars :D

Robimus
06-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Sounds like the next four episode DVD of CWA will contain Rookies and the Ryloth Trilogy.

Robimus
06-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Legacy # 36 has just an awesome space battle in it. Gar Stazi(my current avatar) is the man!

Robimus
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Finished reading Fate of the Jedi: Omen today...............its mediocre at best. The Lost Tribe of the Sith is a bit of a let down, they are like the not so evil cousins of the Sith we know.

Robimus
07-01-2009, 05:31 PM
The new Star Wars comic series Invasion launches today. I'll have to check it out.

Robimus
07-21-2009, 02:32 AM
A Kaleesh Sith in on some new cover art :)

JSon
07-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Kaleesh Sith!? That's so awesome I may just have to check it out.

I finally picked up hard contact the other day so I hope to start reading that soon. I've read the ones after, but clearly I am missing out of the begining. I had a hell of a time finding it until now.

Robimus
07-21-2009, 01:18 PM
I love the Republic Commando series, soon to be Imperial Commando.:)

It's also cool how Karen Traviss included a couple of those characters in her LOTF novels as well some 60 years down the timeline.

Robimus
08-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Some big expanded universe news this week.

First off Karen Traviss has decided that after she finishes off her two Imperial Commando books that she will no longer write for LFL.

Her untitled Boba Fett novel has been cancelled and the reason she left (as stated on her own site) is that the CWA TV series is doing a big rewrite of continuity.

I'm speculating that this rewrite includes big changes to Boba Fett's current back story, as well as some already published changes to the world of Mandalore.

With the Boba Fett novel LFL also confirmed the Bload Oath novel has also been cancelled.........

Not a good week for the EU.:(

Robimus
08-24-2009, 01:47 AM
The Essential Star Wars Atlas hit book stores this week and includes an Author Acknowledgement to ME! :D

Robimus
08-30-2009, 01:35 PM
I've gott say that Star Wars Dark Times is the best ongoing comic series in the Star Wars universe right now. Solid story, great art and maybe the best take on Darth Vader ever.

Now I just need a Dass Jennir/Darth Vader Figure 2 Pack.:D

Robimus
10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I gotta say again :p for my money Star Wars Dark Times is the best Star Wars comic series going today.

It's an incredibly dark series following the exploits of a Jedi who survived Order 66 and Darth Vader, beginning just after Episode 3.

Dass Jennir is the Jedi, though he's taken an eye for an eye approach and certainly no longer follows Jedi tradition. He's a cool badass who don't take crap from nobody....think Clint Eastwood in Star Wars:D

Also the novels Imperial Commando and Death Troopers both come out this month. While I'm eagery awaiting IC, Death Troopers sounds kinda out there. It's basically Han and Chewie against a Star Destroyer full of zombies...........

JSon
10-08-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm getting interested in Dark Times, wasn't sure where to go about getting started in Star Wars comics so I might start off there.

Also super excited about Imperial Commando, and pretty interested in Death Troopers. Death Troopers is going to be awesome, even if it won't fit in properly with cannon.

Robimus
10-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Star Wars canon has kinda died at this point anyway.:)

Robimus
10-27-2009, 01:02 AM
I picked up Imperial Commando yesterday. :D It's pretty great 60 pages in, although there is yet to be an action scene...the aftermath of Order 66 for the Skirata Clan is being looked at in a very moving manner.

SPLIT LIP
10-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Star Wars canon has kinda died at this point anyway.:)How so?

I don't think the CW would rewrite anything. the writers and Lucas have much respect for the EU, and anything that conflicts will be left ambigious for the fans to decide.

Robimus
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM
How so?

I don't think the CW would rewrite anything. the writers and Lucas have much respect for the EU, and anything that conflicts will be left ambigious for the fans to decide.

This is a big issue right now in the Star Wars fandom. The Clone Wars is the biggest problem maker but other writers have contributed as well.

While part one of your statement is true, the CWA writers do respect the EU, part two is not. Lucas himself has no intention of clinging to the EU and really never has.

The Prequel trilogy rewrote/erased the back stories of several characters and some of what the EU developed about the Clone Wars. Subjects like Boba Fett, how the Clones came into being, the general timeline(when the Empire came into being most notably), the Jedi regulations about family were a few of the big changes then.(Every Bantam/Dark Horse era Jedi had a family, with the story being that Vader and Palaptine hunted down the Jedi and their families and killed them.)

He did keep Coruscant(created by Tim Zahn) though, so it wasn't a complete loss.:)

So that was then, this is now. Lucas at the half way point of Season One of The Clone Wars took a much more active role in the development and writing of the series. He's apparently written most of Season 2 himself.

Lucas's own take on the situation is that the EU is not a part of "his" version of Star Wars, that all that fits into "his" version is the films, Clone Wars Animated and the upcoming live action series.

Now in general fans of the EU escaped Season 1 with the EU fairly intact. Minor changes were added to the backstory of General Grievous that didn't completely contradict what came before with a little creative thinking.

Planets like Ryloth and Rodia were given new twists that didn't fit into canon, but were still minor enough to basically ignore. Other points of contention revolved around when Anakin was knighted, Ahsoka being a new character, so on.

Now Season 2, with Lucas at the helm, is basically opening up a can of whoop ass on the EU. Boba Fett's backstory as established in the novels and comics is being completely overwritten, as is the history of Boba's people the Mandalorians.

Lucas doesn't want the writers(Filoni and Gilroy) to feel confined by the EU and actually vetoed several ideas that they had come up with that were too EU friendly for George.

See the catch is that the EU is so vast, so all incompassing that its very hard to write within the confines of the Clone Wars timeframe without stepping on some toes.

Clone Wars Animated had to be a little free with continuity to help create fresh stories, but by the same extent the detail its going to go into with Fett and the Mandalorians could have been sidestepped easily, but hasn't been.:(

Like I say, its nothing that hasn't happened before. Leeland Chee, head of LFL's continuity department, has stated that continuity within the Clone Wars Era will not be reconciled until Clone Wars Animated is over.

At that point a new timeline will be created incorporating as much from all sources as possible(with Lucas's projects being the central peices of course). So I guess one could say that their will be one continuity again one day, but for now there definitly isn't.

That said I think there is hope for the future. Katie Lucas seems to be interested in the EU and has saved Quinlan Vos thus far with the Episode she wrote for Season 1.

This all said if you don't know what any of these EU back stories are then you are completely unaffected by any changes and the ride will be a smooth one.

I unfortunatly am far too steeped in EU lore not to notice certain things when they come along.:(

Robimus
11-17-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm a bit slow on the uptake but Winnipeg artist Doug Wheatley is doing the Covers and Illustrations for the current Dark Times series.....as if it wasn't cool enough already.:p

#15 comes out this week, I can't wait.:D

lars573
12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
So I just played the Republic heroes demo whilst baby-sitting my niece. And if they didn't put in some really nice new clone deco's. :mad: Sergeant Boomer (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CS-2207) and Sergeant Kano (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sergeant_kano). Now I want figures of them. :o Boomer is an ARF with a 501st deco, Boomer is a 501st trooper with a new design.

Robimus
12-02-2009, 09:57 PM
So Karen Traviss made it official today.

According to her blog Imperial Commando 2 is not going to be written due to sweeping continuity changes about Mandalorians brought on by The Clone Wars.

That means that fans have some massive loose ends from the incomplete series. It's sad she couldn't have simple been allowed to finish her book within the "old" continuity, but apparently LFL told her that wasn't allowed.:(

Imperial Commando: 501st (a book I loved) will now have been her last Star Wars novel.

Karen did have a good run though, writing 10 full length Star Wars novels as well as several short stories.

Haggis
01-20-2010, 12:28 PM
So with teh info That Galatic Hitchhiker posted here. http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3751 say that Nahdar Vebb redemption period is January to april. The qui-Gon period ends in march, so my question is which line (wave or figures) are the ones for Nahadr? or if you don't need Prop of purchases for Nahdar how do you get him?

EDIT: Nevermind sorry i found teh info for it, his stuff coming out soon

Prowl_2009
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
So Karen Traviss made it official today.

According to her blog Imperial Commando 2 is not going to be written due to sweeping continuity changes about Mandalorians brought on by The Clone Wars.

That means that fans have some massive loose ends from the incomplete series. It's sad she couldn't have simple been allowed to finish her book within the "old" continuity, but apparently LFL told her that wasn't allowed.:(

Imperial Commando: 501st (a book I loved) will now have been her last Star Wars novel.

Karen did have a good run though, writing 10 full length Star Wars novels as well as several short stories.

I read this and died a little when I did. :( It's such a shame that is how this amazing series of SW books will end...with some serious lose ends. :( However, I agree she had a good run and is, in my opinion, and will always be, one of the best writers in the Star Wars Universe. :)

jacobot
01-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I started reading the CW Novel and it put my kid to sleep...
OK, maybe they are good bedtime stories... ;)

Prowl_2009
01-20-2010, 05:35 PM
LOL, you know...I bought CW Season 1 the day it was released and I still have yet to watch it? :p

SPLIT LIP
01-20-2010, 06:07 PM
You have to. the widescreen, the director's cuts, the full commentaries... You're really missing out.

Prowl_2009
01-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, hopefully I can get around to it this weekend. I am really wanting to watch these Director's Cut episodes so badly, especially 'Rookies.' :(

Robimus
02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I picked up The Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth today. I'm very excited to see Lok Durd mentioned as a prominate character.:)

Haggis
02-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Finally descided to read teh 3rd Darth Bane Book i haven't got around to it after reading teh second. but it finally (throu the force) found its way to my hands

Robimus
03-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I just started Dynasty of Evil myself(got it from the library). I really enjoyed Stealth, the last half is really great and it ends on a cliffhanger.:)

Robimus
03-09-2010, 11:10 AM
FOTJ Backlash today!

Robimus
03-15-2010, 09:11 AM
FOTJ Backlash today!

I quote myself because although the release date for this book was March 9th most Canadian book sellers don't have it yet....boo!

Robimus
03-31-2010, 01:37 AM
I finished Dynasty of Evil a while back and actually really enjoyed it. Some cool KoTOR style stuff in there and a great last third really came across well.

Set Harth is a cool character.:D Now if I just could get a toy of him and Zannah to go with Bane........

Haggis
03-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I finished Dynasty of Evil a while back and actually really enjoyed it. Some cool KoTOR style stuff in there and a great last third really came across well.

Set Harth is a cool character.:D Now if I just could get a toy of him and Zannah to go with Bane........

I actually have plans for a custom Zannah, and just scrolling throu some Joes and what not to see what i can do for a Set Harth, Aslo teh Huntress aswell

Robimus
04-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Legacy # 46 was quite the big deal in terms of that storyline moving forward. Lots of revelations concerning Cade, The Felpire and the One Sith. Can't wait for next month.

Robimus
04-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I just found out that Star Wars Legacy has been cancelled, first not so officially from the #50 description, then officially from Jan Duursema's Facebook page.

From her facebook page:

":("
"Legacy is cancelled"

I'm pretty pissed off right now.

SPLIT LIP
04-13-2010, 08:34 AM
:( I wish we had the bawling gif.

Though it's not like I could find the fucking things, there were so many other figures I wanted made.

I hope it's being replaced by something else Legacy-ish. Like how Universe 2.0 is replaced by Generations.

Robimus
04-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Some of the figures from the comic might still see the light of day some day. We know they designed Darth Nihl and Deliah Blue at least.

We can hope.

Robimus
04-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Dark Times #16 was awesome. Can't wait to see how the arc gets wrapped up!

Robimus
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Picked up Legacy #47 today. Good comic, lots going on, as of course there has to be with Legacy driving toward its premature conclusion.:(

Robimus
05-13-2010, 10:38 AM
As posted by Dark Horse on Facbook

Recently, we've heard several fans voice their concerns over the end of one of our most popular titles -- Star Wars: Legacy. So, we'd like to take a second to explain what's happening with the title and the rest of our Star Wars line.

For many years now, we've had the pleasure of taking the rich universe of Star Wars and its characters to exciting new levels. Fans and critics have long agreed that Dark Horse Comics has done well by the beloved property, staying true to the tone of the original films, while introducing fans to new corners of the galaxy far, far away.

In 2006, Dark Horse Comics launched Star Wars: Legacy #1, with covers by Adam Hughes, story by John Ostrander, and art by Jan Duursema. Over the last four years we've seen people embrace the tales of Cade Skywalker—a direct descendant of Luke, a rogue Jedi, and a bounty hunter. Much to our delight, Cade quickly became a favorite among comics fans and Star Wars enthusiasts.

Unlike other publishers, Dark Horse has never been one for prolonging a series simply to do so. Our comics come from a place of creativity and artistic expression, and this applies to all of our titles, whether creator owned or licensed property.

One of our promises to ourselves, our fans, and George Lucas himself was that we would treat our line of Star Wars books with the highest level of respect. We hope that you'll agree that we've achieved this goal, and trust you'll take our word when we say that we'll continue to strive for such high standards.

We are proud to say that the quality of Star Wars: Legacy has never dropped. John Ostrander and Jan Duursema have consistently created issue after issue of excellent art for nearly four years straight. Very few creators can claim such landmark success, and we hope John and Jan are as proud as we are of delivering such great material.

We have never felt that John and Jan's work dipped below the benchmark of fine sequential art. So, it was a hard, but ultimately necessary, decision to close this chapter of the Star Wars universe with issue #50.

Utter Bantha Poodoo..............Talking about "artistic expression" while axing their second biggest title, a title which neither John Ostrander or Jan Duursema wanted to end, is crap.........:(

Haggis
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
^^ I agree, now I haven't read all teh issues for 1 to teh lastest but the few i have read have been good reads, if teh artist want to go on i'd let them.

(Now i have to hunt the books (hopefully TPB's) down

Robimus
05-13-2010, 11:15 AM
It's a very fun series, worth reading for sure. It's just ending all too fast.

About six months ago, when KotOR's end at #50 was announced, John Ostrander stated that there was no way Legacy would end at issue #50..........then boom.:mad:

Jan has also mentioned that she'd loved to have conitinued the series and was very sad to see it go.

Robimus
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Yesterday The Essential Guide to Warfare was announced. I'm really looking forward to this one.:D

Jason Fry will be the author and he rules!

JSon
05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Finally got around to reading Death Troopers a few weeks ago. Had it sitting around for a while. I actually really enjoyed it. I didn't really have high expectation for it, but I thought it was well written and generally scary.

Robimus
05-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I've heard pretty good things about Death Troopers but I'm waiting for the paperback version.

Robimus
06-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Finished Allies recently and I think it was the most enjoyable book of FOTJ thus far.

When the Belok Rhal executed the Padawan on the steps of the Jedi temple the devil in me was quite impressed.:cool:

Robimus
07-04-2010, 03:34 AM
Legacy #49 wasn't very good imho....there is no way that the series can be wrapped up in one more issue.....

Dark Times #18 on the other hand was quite good, and the verification of Doug Wheatley's statement to us about the series continuing in the letters section was a big relief. Two more arcs have been promised.........I just have to wait until 2011.

Haggis
07-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Any one in Winniepeg find any figures with teh bob fett mail away offer yet? or do all teh vintage packaged ones count for that?

Robimus
07-23-2010, 12:15 AM
I don't know if the mailaway is on yet. I know nobody seems to have seen the offer on package yet.

Robimus
08-06-2010, 02:15 AM
So Legacy isn't quite dead just yet. A six issue mini-series entitled "War" will better close the storyline off starting in mid December.

Its kinda bittersweet from where I'm standing.

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/Krayt.jpg

Haggis
08-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Is there any Legacy TPB's out yet... i would think there'd be some by now no?

Robimus
08-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Is there any Legacy TPB's out yet... i would think there'd be some by now no?

Lots. The early ones have been out for a long time. You should be able to find at least five if not 6 at this point, representing issues #1 to around issue #35 or so.

Haggis
08-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Lots. The early ones have been out for a long time. You should be able to find at least five if not 6 at this point, representing issues #1 to around issue #35 or so.

Cool thanks... i had a feeling there was a bunch oout it only makes sense buti had to ask the stupid question anyway just to make sure.

I haven't really followed much of teh star wars comics. (For shame i know) thou i do have i think KOTOR first TPB.

Robimus
08-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Apparently at C5 its been announced that Crimson Empire 3 is a go!

lars573
08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
I've been thinking about getting the first couple for my brother-in-law.

Prowl_2009
08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Still trying to get my hands on that damn Boba Fett: Omnibus. I've only come across it once and it was in seriously crappy condition at my local Chapters.

Haggis
08-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Still trying to get my hands on that damn Boba Fett: Omnibus. I've only come across it once and it was in seriously crappy condition at my local Chapters.

A boba fett book, hmmm... i must look into this

Prowl_2009
08-17-2010, 09:37 AM
^^ Yeah, it's all his comic appearances rolled into one volume. I even believe the story of Fett taking out Jodo Kast is included too! :D

Haggis
08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
^^ Yeah, it's all his comic appearances rolled into one volume. I even believe the story of Fett taking out Jodo Kast is included too! :D

*Creepy Charlie brown smile after he gets a kiss from teh little red headed girl*

Edit: Also Seen on Jedi Insider, Star Wars Blood ties. A 4 part mini serise staring Jango and Boba!

Prowl_2009
08-17-2010, 12:21 PM
^^ Heard about that, but never saw anything about it. Got a link? :D

Haggis
08-17-2010, 01:45 PM
^^ Heard about that, but never saw anything about it. Got a link? :D

There wasn't a page persay There was a sponsered link on jediinsider.com but it just took me to some random editior comments on some other stuff.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Blood_Ties:_A_Tale_of_Jango_and_Boba_Fe tt,_Part_1 what i found on wookiepedia

Robimus
08-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Blood Ties is an upcoming series from Dark Horse featuring Jango and Boba. Issue #1 should be onsale August 25th according to the original solicitation.

Robimus
08-17-2010, 02:58 PM

Historically Twin Engines of Destruction is a very cool comic. It's the first time the Mandalorians from Marvel(Shysa and Dala) were referenced in the modern continuity.

Prowl_2009
08-17-2010, 03:47 PM
^^ Yep! I hope to track that Omnibus down soon, it's driving me crazy!

Robimus
08-27-2010, 01:07 AM
I finished Legacy the other day. What a non-ending for a "last" issue.

I wept a single tear for Vul Isen.:(

Prowl_2009
08-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm going to start reading the Republic Commando series from the beginning again starting this weekend! :D

So sorry to see this series end. :(

Robimus
08-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Ghez Hokan is a lot of fun in book one.

Prowl_2009
08-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Sure is! He's one serious Mando bad ass! :D

Kinda got what he deserved too! :D

Robimus
08-31-2010, 01:39 PM
I guess I forgot to mention more Celebration 5 news from last week on the book front.

Aaron Allston will be writing a new Wraith Squadron novel, Imperial Commando 2 is officially cancelled.

Also Blood Ties just came out this week. Check it out!

Prowl_2009
08-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Imperial Commando 2 is officially cancelled.

Sigh. :(

Haggis
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I picked up Blood Ties#1 yesterday and read it.
It was ok... nothing really specail but its teh first issue so that can be expected.

I wanna say teh story was abit alove the place but that doesn't seem right

Robimus
09-10-2010, 11:24 AM
I believe its the same writer thats doing Invasion which makes me think it won't be a story that I really take to.

I do love Harrison and Ostrander though.:)

And the title of the Nomi Sunrider novel is Mandorla, but its unknown if it actually has anything to do with Mandalorians or if they are just a backdrop in the KotOR era novel.

Haggis
09-10-2010, 11:40 AM
As much as i like Mando's i think it's time to gear down on them.

Half teh reason i like them was becuase there was many of them, and wasn't many stories about them.

Now they're everywhere. You can't swing a gaffi stick and not hit a mando

Robimus
09-11-2010, 01:14 AM
I'd rather read about them than Jedi, but I'm a little unconventional at this point;)

Prowl_2009
09-13-2010, 10:19 AM
I'd rather read about them than Jedi

Damn straight! :D

Haggis
09-13-2010, 10:26 AM
^^True. I wanna pick up more stories on teh sith. I recent read the Bane triligy so teh dark side is in me

Robimus
09-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I was checking out the new Hardback Clone Wars Battles Book at Chapters last night. It's only $22.99 and looks to be all kinds of awesome.

I noted entries for Koth, Gallia and Tera Sinube that looked interesting when I flipped through.

Prowl_2009
09-16-2010, 11:49 AM
My buddy picked up the last copy of the Boba Fett Omnibus from Newmarket Chapters last night, so it looks like I am going to have to have the store order it in for me.

Scrapper6
09-17-2010, 09:29 AM
You know I haven't picked up a Star Wars novel in a very long time, I'm still trying to finish off all the Pre-Vong Era Novels from the 90's... All I need is The Crystal Star and the rest of the Young Jedi Knights/Junior Jedi Knights/Galaxy of Terror novels.

It's kind of hard to track down the children's novels, which is kind of annoying actually.

But anyway - while going through this thread I find that certain things are being changed by the Clone Wars cartoon from the continuity established in the novels/comics.

Now by any means I am not an avid follower of Star Wars comics (They are just too pricey for me and I've long held the belief that one day I'll be able to afford all the TPBs so I can follow them more closely.) I have however been very close to the novels since first discovering the original trilogy and have read many of them multiple times.

As soon as Episode One The Phantom Menace came out I knew continuity from the novels was going to be utterly destroyed. I mean the Thrawn Trilogy alone is a complete mess with all the information revealed in the Prequel Era.

That being said I still think the novels can be enjoyed as a glimpse at what might have been. A sort of this is possibly the way things went for the characters in an AU timeline. NOW I know for a fact that many Star Wars fans have invested quite a lot in the EU and consider it the finest piece of Cannon known in fandom circles.

However I find it impractical to fall in love with something so much so that you can't be felxible enough to enjoy the novels and the films/television serieses for what they are. Therefore the point I was trying to make I guess is, despite what I've read in this thread, I still plan to pick up those Clone Wars and Prequel Era Novels I haven't gotten around to yet.

And to hell with what Lucas has done to the EU by making his cartoon series and this rumorific live action series that seems to be stalled out or lost in translation or something. Hell I've enjoyed a lot of the novels and just because Episode 1-3 came out is no reason to toss aside the Thrawn Trilogy. Or to ignore any of the brilliant writings of these people working in the Clone Wars era.

Consider the books to be one alternate timeline with fracture points perhaps, were the prequel era novels have caused certain fracture points in the original era novels and their backstories. That's what those Star Trek people do with their Star Trek Pocket Books from Bantam or uh... whichever publisher it is.

I don't need one singular continuity - hell the EU continuity has grown so large due to the introduction of the prequel era novels and all those Legacy of the Force books I still haven't read yet where Jacen goes bad... Which I feel is a bit contrived in all honesty... That just reading them to enjoy a good Star Wars read is probably better than trying to shoehorn every fact into a continuity that was doomed to convolution from the start. (HELLO SPLINTER OF THE MIND'S EYE I'M LOOKING AT YOU! LOL)

If it was the baby of one writer who could have kept track of every painstaking detail the EU woulnd't be the mess it is today.

I think once I finally read the last Vong Era novel finally (Yeah I've had it over three years now and I still haven't read it.) I'll probably be focusing a bit on filling in the gaps in my Prequel Era novels and the last OT Pre-Vong novels I still need to pick up. I might never get to the Fall of Jacen and Post Fall of Jacen novels since I find that whole concept a tad distasteful in my mind.

So in my EU Mara Jade is not dead, Jacen did not go all Sith and the New Republic did not become a second Empire under Jacen's rule. Or whatever went down. Although to be fair those novels were probably well written so I might read them eventually... Just not anytime soon. ;)

Robimus
09-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Mostly retcons have been introduced to explain continuity issues. The odd thing has been deleted, mostly due to the Prequel Trilogy, but for the most part it still all exists "officially" in some way.

Haggis
09-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I pick up one of those Clone wars 2 packs with the dvd... and i looked at the battle system. and i like it.

I being to cheep to get warhammer or axia and allies always used my figures for table top battle games. I have a list of my entire 3.75 scale collection stats for a battle system i was using. I was using a system based severly on the brick wars system some one did years ago. But i think now i'm gonna scrap that all and use this new system.

So i also have a question after this revelation. Is there any web sight that has all the Star Wars battle system inf on it (I should check Hasbro and Star wars.com) since i have loads of fig and wouldint want to rebuy them just for teh battle systen info.

lars573
09-19-2010, 11:21 AM
I like the look of it too. But I'd like it more if there was an HP system. Rather than the figure gets knocked out if they have more of what ever stat comes up on the die. I'll prolly try it with my brother-in-law when I get 4/6 figures with the system. Right now all I have is Pre-Vizla, Aurra Singh, and the Mando trooper with Speeder. I'm thinking I'll get Cad Bane with speeder.

Haggis
09-19-2010, 11:31 AM
yeah i'd like a hp stat as well... nothing i couldn't add on my own

Haggis
10-06-2010, 10:01 AM
So i actually tried the game out, and it is in need of a HP system. as teh game i played took less then 5 minutes. Thou i was just a sample game with 3 figures on each side. But the game only lasted 3 rounds as one side was completely devastated (Unlucky roll on an other wise winable target) I guess that game is ok, there is some strategy on who to pick for teh team and who to target with said picks.

Also got teh force unleashed and did my first play throu on apperntance (easy). Mmmm nothing like throw Stormtroopers into the death star's super lazer!

Robimus
12-03-2010, 04:59 AM
I should be getting Vortex tomorrow. And Legacy War hits really soo as well.

The brief lull for me with Star Wars literature seems to be coming to an end.

Robimus
12-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Woot! Dark Times artist Doug Wheatley just got added to the C4 guest lineup for 2011 today!!!!!!!!!!

Prowl_2009
12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Looking forward to finally trying out TFU2 this weekend! :D Borrowing it from a friend.

Haggis
12-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Woot! Dark Times artist Doug Wheatley just got added to the C4 guest lineup for 2011 today!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!! My Walls have blantent lact of Star wars art on them

Robimus
12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Well Vortex was alright, nothing great.

Legacy War, much the same.

jacobot
02-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Should I get wifey
something like this
for Valentine's?
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5014/5427369767_551b3b8360_m.jpg
:confused:

Robimus
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Chicks dig da Vader.

Prowl_2009
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Should I get wifey
something like this
for Valentine's?
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5014/5427369767_551b3b8360_m.jpg
:confused:

Do you really have to ask? :p

Robimus
03-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Picked up Knight Errant thye novel last week. It's OK, but feels more like an Essential Guide to Sith Space at times than a great novel.

Prowl_2009
03-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Thinking about grabbing Outbound Flight? Anyone read it? Is it worth picking up? :confused:

Robimus
03-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Thinking about grabbing Outbound Flight? Anyone read it? Is it worth picking up? :confused:

Love it. Definitly read it(and its companion Survivors Quest). Even though Suvivors Quest came out first back in the day I think reading Outbound Flight first will be a better way to take the story.

Outbound is Prequel Era while Survivors Quest is Luke era so chronologically thats the way to go.

Prowl_2009
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
^^ Good to know! Thanks! :D

Also, is there a new Clone Wars this week, or is it a repeat? I haven't heard anything. :confused:

Robimus
03-16-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't know if its new or not.

Prowl_2009
03-17-2011, 09:31 AM
So excited! Just got an e-mail from my local Chapters informing me that they finally restocked the Boba Fett: Omnibus I've been on the hunt for since September! :D

Think I'll be hitting them up this weekend! :D

Robimus
03-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Finished up the Knight Errant novel. Pretty fun even if it feels more like a source book. I'll give it a pass.

Robimus
04-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I think I've decided to officially only collect Star Wars EU figures moving forward. No more TCW, no more Movie Figures(since I basically have them all in some form already).

And I'll even be picky about the EU:doh: , but I figure I've missed enough stuff that I can keep myself busy going retroactive and getting some figures like I-5, Corran and Whistler, so on.

I'm just trying to talk myself into this, don't mind me.:p

Prowl_2009
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Been trying to hunt down US only pieces lately.

It's a shame Hasbro won't release certain characters here in the Great White North, so figures like the LOTDS K-Mart Jodo Kast and now Clone Trooper Draa have been dominating my Star Wars figure list lately. My cousins in Detroit sent me a pair of the Jodo Kasts a few months back, so now I am hoping they can find me a few of Clone Trooper Draa.

No luck tracking down last year's LC Rum Slag over in the States yet though. Hoping I'll be heading out to Buffalo on business or my cousins will track him down before I have to resort to *gulp* Evil-Bay. :rolleyes:

Haggis
04-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I need to hunt that Kast Down.

I'm so for back on EU toys, I haven't even seen teh solo twins!

Prowl_2009
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I need to hunt that Kast Down.

I'm so for back on EU toys, I haven't even seen teh solo twins!

The line with the Solo twins never saw a release here in Canada, they stayed exclusive to the USA.

Just got an e-mail from my cousins in Detroit and they found me 2 Clone Trooper Draas, which they are shipping out to me tomorrow! :D

Robimus
04-08-2011, 12:59 AM
The line with the Solo twins never saw a release here in Canada, they stayed exclusive to the USA.

It was released here, 1 case per store, which ain't much. At least Hasbro tried though. I did get to see the whole assortment on the pegs, buying Jacen, Jaina & K'Kruhk.

That said distribution is a huge issue now for Hasbro. I mean I missed out on Hondo and Embo - both saw limited release. Then those last EU two packs with Corran and Whistler never came here, so on.

This is what it was like back in the 90's, we'd get too much of one or two waves then almost none of the next couple.

Its a bad circle. Secondary retailers like comic shops won't carry the figures becasue if they get the same waves Walmart is they are screwed. That leaves us with the internetz, but by the time we realize an assortment isn't coming internet prices have soared.

I don't have a clue what the solution is.

Haggis
04-08-2011, 10:09 AM
^ And People think toy collecting is easy

Robimus
04-10-2011, 01:23 AM
I just finished Legacy War #2-#4.

They are awesome!!!!!! Finally some of the closure Legacy fans have been hoping for is happening. It's a series for the YAGES!!!!!!!(Not a spelling error.:D)

Prowl_2009
04-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Finally got myself the Boba Fett Omnibus this weekend!

Only took 4-months! :p

Prowl_2009
04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Just grabbed Death Troopers in softcover from Chapters last night!

Can't wait to start reading it! :D

Robimus
04-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Uggg, hopefully you will enjoy it more than I did.

There's also a sequel of sorts that just came out.

Prowl_2009
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Uggg, hopefully you will enjoy it more than I did.

There's also a sequel of sorts that just came out.

You didn't like it? My brother bought it yesterday also and tore through half of it in a matter of hours. What didn't you like about it, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and Red Harvest doesn't seem to intrigue me as much as this one did. :p

Robimus
04-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't want to give anything away before you read it.:straightface:

Prowl_2009
04-13-2011, 05:33 PM
^^ LOL, fair enough. :p

Thanks! But, I won't be reading it just yet. Have one book to finish and the Boba Fett: Omnibus to read first off before I even bother to pick this one up. :D

We'll discuss it later, Robimus! ;)

Robimus
04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
One thing I will say is that there is a very cute EU cameo right at the start of the novel that I missed when I read it. See if you notice it.

Prowl_2009
04-14-2011, 09:01 AM
One thing I will say is that there is a very cute EU cameo right at the start of the novel that I missed when I read it. See if you notice it.

I'll keep my eyes open. ;)

Wife and I watched the first Star Wars: Robot Chicken last night, she thought it was great! Can't wait for her to see the next two, those ones, unlike the Family Guy episodes, got better as they went on. :D

Just out of curiosity, do we have a DVD release date for Star Wars: Robot Chicken III yet? :confused:

Robimus
04-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I dunno

Robimus
04-25-2011, 01:31 AM
The preview of Crimson Empire 3 should be out in comic shops now. I'm gonna have a look this week.

Robimus
04-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Legacy War #5 is out this week. Gotta pick mine up tomorrow.:clapping:

Robimus
05-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Opened up Embo tonight, Great figure. Love how he can hold his hat while its on his head and all the little details on the figure.

Robimus
05-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Found out that Pellaeon will be a big part of Timothy Zahn's new Star Wars novel Choices of One!

How he doesn't have an action figure yet is beyond my understanding.

Prowl_2009
05-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Found out that Pellaeon will be a big part of Timothy Zahn's new Star Wars novel Choices of One!

How he doesn't have an action figure yet is beyond my understanding.

That's Awesome! And I've been wondering the same thing regarding a Pellaeon figure. Why there isn't one yet is quite beyond me.

www.starwarscelebration.com recently updated with a teaser image that seems to hint that Celebration VI is looming on the horizon, but other than that, nothing else has been revealed.

Robimus
05-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Picked up Conviction today. Time for the Jedi to overthrow the galaxy.....maybe Palpatine had the right idea, lol.

Prowl_2009
05-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Loving these Target / Zellers exclusive Heroes and Villians 3-packs! Picked them both up this past Thursday and seriously I can't put them down! Love that 2004 VOTC Han Solo was included in the Heroes set, he really is the ultimate Han Solo figure right now! :D

Haggis
06-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Question!

When does the Concept Fett mail-away offer start, hasbro site still has teh seargent up there.

And what lines are good for the figure?

Prowl_2009
06-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Question!

When does the Concept Fett mail-away offer start, hasbro site still has teh seargent up there.

And what lines are good for the figure?

I don't think, at least according to what I've heard, that the Fett mail away starts until Fall. And I am also thinking Vintage, Clone Wars and Saga Legends will all have acceptable UPC codes to send to get it.

Robimus
06-06-2011, 10:24 AM
If we're not sure we could ask in the next Q & A.

Prowl_2009
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
If we're not sure we could ask in the next Q & A.

Yeah, my info is kind of unsure, I really think we should ask.

Robimus
06-12-2011, 12:20 AM
I just finished up Legacy War #5 & #6. It's nice to have a bit more of an ending than before but it was still really rushed.

Lots of character death in these past few books, compared to almost none the rest of the way, lol.

Prowl_2009
06-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Did anyone catch Attack of the Clones on Space Channel this past Sunday?

I flipped over just when the Arena Battle (Best scene ever!) started and the Clones arrived! :D

Didn't watch for too long though, I own all the movies on DVD. :p

Prowl_2009
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Check out the extended preview for Clone Wars: Season 4 posted this morning on the official Star Wars site:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001261.html

It's awesome! Enjoy! :cool:

DanM
06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
"Greeaat! Gonna be another one of those planets."

LOL

Haggis
06-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I cannot wait

Prowl_2009
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Star Wars Galaxies is shutting all its servers down on December 15th, 2011. Lucas Arts and Sony came to the agreement due to the future release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, which will essentially take Galaxies place as the new Star Wars MMO, however this time in partnership with BioWare, and the fact that the contract with SOE expires in 2012.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/faster-forward/post/star-wars-galaxies-to-shutter-it-servers-dec-15/2011/06/27/AGrcWinH_blog.html

I never really got into this game compared to other Star Wars titles, but I know this was a favourite amongst many Star Wars fans and we'll all be sad to see it go.

Robimus
06-28-2011, 11:24 PM
The fact that they can "shut down the game" is a reason I'm really not impressed by that sort of title.

Prowl_2009
07-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Finsihed reading Death Troopers in 6 days.

Not the best Star Wars novel, but not the worst. However, it was sort of different for my taste.

Robimus
07-11-2011, 11:53 PM
You got through it quicker than I...:innocent:

Robimus
07-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Choices of One came out yesterday. I can't weait to read this but need to put it on hold for a couple weeks until after TFCon.:)

Can't wait for some more Pellaeon goodness.

Prowl_2009
07-14-2011, 10:35 AM
You got through it quicker than I...:innocent:

Honestly, I just wanted to finish it so I could get back into something that felt like Star Wars instead of The Walking Dead.

Next up for me is Timothy Zhan's Heir to the Empire trilogy.

Chapters, here I come! :D

Haggis
07-21-2011, 12:27 PM
I hope teh New TCW Female mando gets a Toy and fast!

Prowl_2009
07-21-2011, 12:46 PM
^^ Heck Ya!

Prowl_2009
07-27-2011, 03:24 PM
I am wondering if the Delta Squad TRU Exclusive set that was available at Comic Con is going to be available at TRU retail, as the slide from Hasbro's presentation at SDCC shows it and TFU 2 battlepack as TRU exclusives.

I think this has to be asked for our next Star Wars Q&A...

Prowl_2009
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Look who I finally got! :D

Robimus
08-18-2011, 11:55 PM
I've got lots of comics to pick up tomorrow, at long last. Both Invasion and Dark Times :)

Robimus
08-20-2011, 09:24 PM
I loved Dark Times: Out of the Wilderness #, though I admit that I'm very irked that Randy Stradley has been ghost writing the series under several pen names.

From my experiences with Randy online I find him to not be a very nice person.......

Invasion: Revelations on the otherhand I found really weak. I stopped buying this title before but got sucked back in by the infusion of the Empire into the story line. It was a big let down and the Empire was used very poorly.

Prowl_2009
08-24-2011, 09:41 AM
So stoked that the Republic Commando and TFU II sets have finally been released in Canada!!! :D

Robimus
08-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Read the first chapter of Choices of One the other day at Chapters. Solid Zahn Gold imo. Can't wait to read the rest.

Prowl_2009
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Read the first chapter of Choices of One the other day at Chapters. Solid Zahn Gold imo. Can't wait to read the rest.

Is that the sequel to Alliance?

Robimus
08-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Is that the sequel to Alliance?

Yes, of sorts. It would stand alone as well without the first book.

Prowl_2009
08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes, of sorts. It would stand alone as well without the first book.

It's only out in hardcover at this moment, right?

Robimus
08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Yep

Prowl_2009
08-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Met Anthony Daniels at Fan Expo this past weekend. What a nice guy. He autographed a classic Star Wars trading card for a friend of mine - really made his day. :D

jacobot
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6071/6124466269_ab88550dde.jpg

Prowl_2009
09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
^^ Saw the first episode at the Fan Expo screening, this is going to be another awesome season! :D

Robimus
09-07-2011, 05:45 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6071/6124466269_ab88550dde.jpg

So September 9th is a Lego special and the 16th is the premiere?

Haggis
09-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Almost Done The order 66 book, then imperial commando here i come. don't know what to read after this series thou

Prowl_2009
09-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Check it out!!! :D

Star Wars: Republic Commando Delta Squad

Cleaned out the Newmarket TRU this morning before work! :D

Robimus
09-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Almost Done The order 66 book, then imperial commando here i come. don't know what to read after this series thou

How did you like Order 66? I generally love that series but found the one big moment in that book a little forced.

Prowl_2009
09-13-2011, 09:15 AM
I've said it many times before, but those books were some of the best in EU and I have never been so upset to see a series end as I was with the Republic Commando books.

Some one told me that Karen Traviss has a blog somewhere where you can read her synposis for the cancelled sequel to her Imperial Commandos book, anyone know where that is?

Robimus
09-13-2011, 09:47 AM
http://www.karentraviss.com/page10/files/How_would_you_have_wrapped_u101.html

Of course it may yet get wrapped another way, by a different author sometime down the road. One of the biggest screw ups in EU history has to be not finishing this story.

Prowl_2009
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
^^ Thanks! I think that would've been a good way to end things. Can't really think of anything I'd have done differently if it'd been me writing the RC books.

Haggis
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
yeah the main moment in teh book did seem to happen in a snap. but its a good read. Should be starting imperial commando tomorow

Prowl_2009
09-13-2011, 11:36 AM
So, I got to see Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace last night and I've got to say I was pleasently surprised.

Vader was awesome when he showed up and his banter with George Lucas was great! And FINALLY Jarr Jarr got what he deserved!!! :D

Haggis
09-13-2011, 11:53 AM
I missed it, but hopefully i can find it on Youtube, thou Lucasarts is quick to shut those videos down

Robimus
09-13-2011, 07:11 PM
^^ Thanks! I think that would've been a good way to end things. Can't really think of anything I'd have done differently if it'd been me writing the RC books.

I'd have had a little bit less of a happy ending. Not that she wasn't going to but it seems like every character was to ride off into the sunset in a happy way.

I always have wondered how Kal would react to Ordo getting killed. :o

Haggis
09-13-2011, 11:24 PM
I always have wondered how Kal would react to Ordo getting killed. :o
I hope this is what you woulda did and not a spoiler!

Robimus
09-14-2011, 12:35 AM
I hope this is what you woulda did and not a spoiler!

Well I guess it is a backwards spoiler in a way, sorry about that.

It's what I would have done, but I'm kinda bloodthirsty. :p

Robimus
10-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Finished FOTJ Ascension. I really liked it. Like all of Golden's previous entries there are a ton of grammar errors, miss spelling and flat out screw ups(like calling a Tie Defender a Tie Destroyer:p), but her plots move with purpose and we get an awesome showdown in the Meridian Sector between Imperial factions vying for control of the Empire.

Prowl_2009
10-09-2011, 11:25 PM
The Prototype Armor Boba Fett is starting to arrive in mailboxes, at least in the USA. :p

Robimus
10-24-2011, 01:38 AM
I picked up Invasion 3 & 4 as well as Out in the Wilderness 2. Invasion #4 has a great battle between the Vong and the Republic/Empire. Good stuff.

StarwarsTF
10-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Well seeing that you three guys (prowl, robinus, haggis) are pretty much the run of this thread, question for all: seeing that the last two waves of clone wars looks like there never coming and im inpatient for them do you guys have a certain ebayer or site your getting your figs from?

Robimus
10-24-2011, 10:12 AM
I get the odd thing from Brian's Toys when they have a discount/sale(sign up on their site).

www.brianstoys.com (http://www.brianstoys.com)

StarwarsTF
10-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks.

Prowl_2009
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Well seeing that you three guys (prowl, robinus, haggis) are pretty much the run of this thread, question for all: seeing that the last two waves of clone wars looks like there never coming and im inpatient for them do you guys have a certain ebayer or site your getting your figs from?

Most of my stuff either comes off eBay or from Toy Shows when they don't show up in Canada. Try eBayer thegalactictoystore, he's an awesome eBayer and I've been getting SW figures from him for about 2 years now. Let him know John sent ya! ;)

And in other Star Wars news / rants, BleedingCool.com and CBM.com have had the trailer for the 3D release of The Phantom Menace removed from off their sites. Anyone know where I would be able to see the trailer now? :confused:

Robimus
10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
I've got to pick up Riptide soon. More Jaden Korr, yub, yub.

Prowl_2009
10-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Man, I hope the next wave of Vintage figures hits soon, I seriously want that new Rebel Trooper and ARC Commander! :D I only need 2 more AOTC pieces and they're not all that hard to find....now. :rolleyes:

Robimus
11-02-2011, 01:16 AM
I got to meet Greedo and Maris Brood this weekend. Pretty cool, Adrienne Wilkinson was very nice and signed my print with a "heart" and then Adrienne. I naturally assume that she loves me :p

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/Halloween2012051.jpg

Robimus
11-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I got issue #1 of Crimson Empire 3 today! Awesome!!!!!!!

Prowl_2009
11-06-2011, 08:19 PM
just watched this week's Clone Wars episode and it was as epic as last weeks! Pong Krell is a bastard, but I find myself wanting a figure of him badly!

Also, how awesome was it to see Appo finally make an appearance in this show??? :D

StarwarsTF
11-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Not a fan of Pong, though again another full episode of death!!! Lucas your killing everyone lol.

Robimus
11-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Wow, Riptide is pretty different from Crosscurrent. I think I like it but it has lots of killing of characters with potential.

Robimus
11-11-2011, 02:18 AM
I really liked Riptide despite it being a little different. Love the characters of Soldier and Grace.

It's now possible that Ben Skywalker now has a genetic half sister running around the galaxy.:)

Robimus
11-22-2011, 09:49 PM
A nice stretch for books currently going. Just had Riptide. Next week comes Shadow Games and then the start of January has Darth Plagius getting released. Can't wait!!!!!!

Scrapper6
11-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Here's a question for all you collectors out there... What side do you consider Embo and Seripas to be on... And by which I mean, do you consider them to be enemies of the Jedi, unaffiliated with the Seperatists, or do you prefer to think of them as Shades of Gray Anti-Heroes who work alongside the Republic.

Most characters are fairly easy to classify when choosing how to display them, most Bounty Hunters either work for the Empire/Jabba or at least work against the Heroes of that Galaxy Far, Far Away. But in this instant I'm not sure, my only real exposure to them are their appearances in the Clone Wars and they weren't exactly identifiable as villains.

I was just curious how you saw them. Personally I tend to lean more towards Anti-Heroes, since they weren't portrayed villainous and the character blurbs on the card refer to them helping the Felucians against the Seperatists.

Robimus
11-23-2011, 12:06 AM
They are one their own side. I don't think Embo at the very least would be very pro Republic. I believe he appeared as a jailed background character in one of the Ziro episodes.

There are a ton of characters that don't fall onto one side or the other, unfortuanatly the show doesn't really portray that.

Robimus
11-26-2011, 04:29 AM
The Darth Revan Hardcover novel just came out. It kinda snuck up on me :o

Prowl_2009
11-26-2011, 03:43 PM
The Darth Revan Hardcover novel just came out. It kinda snuck up on me :o

Oh Man! I am so excited to read that one! :D

Hoping to watch this week`s Clone Wars some time tomorrow! :D

Robimus
12-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Almost done Shadow Games and I think its alright. There are a of little internal inconsistencies that kinda jump out at me, but that just because I'm too into this stuff. The story itself is kinda fun.

I also read Crimson Empire 3 #2, very cool to see Nom anor again, just in time for his soon to be released figure no doubt.

Dark Times: Out in the Wilderness is good, but kinda getting repetitive. Dass Jennir is going to vanquish some more slavers. Its still cool, but this is about the fourth group of slavers he's dealt with already.

Robimus
01-10-2012, 03:50 AM
20th Anniversary Heir to the Empire is awesome. Its great reading about all the little behind the scenes details.

And Heir was in a question on Jeopardy, very cool.

The Nuvo Esva/Thrawn short story is good as well and it kinda serves as a final chapter to Choices of One.

Prowl_2009
01-17-2012, 09:54 PM
SIGH, can't find any Star Wars figures in my area with the Prototype Armor Boba Fett figure sticker! :(

I want this figure so badly!!!

Robimus
01-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Yay, I get to go and pick up my new comics tomorrow. Lots waiting for me.:clapping:

Prowl_2009
01-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Got my hands on the 5-UPC's and the order form for the Prototype Armor Boba Fett!!! :D

Prowl_2009
02-07-2012, 12:52 PM
4 Days until The Phantom Menace in 3D!!! :D

StarwarsTF
02-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Anybody going to watch shipping wars? they move an AT-AT tonight!

Prowl_2009
02-07-2012, 01:19 PM
^^ Yep! What time does it air again?

Robimus
02-07-2012, 04:58 PM
It should air twice tonight. Looks like 9:30pm and 1:30am EST. on A&E.

Prowl_2009
02-08-2012, 06:37 PM
It should air twice tonight. Looks like 9:30pm and 1:30am EST. on A&E.

Saw it, it was great! :D

Finally sent away for my Prototype Armor Boba Fett! Can't wait for it to arrive! :D

StarwarsTF
02-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Thought this was cool:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/10/darth-maul-clone-wars-teaser/?ref=nf

Exciting....

Prowl_2009
02-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Went to the 7:30 showing of The Phantom Menace in 3D last night and got the Phantom Menace 3D glasses! It was a fun way to spend the eveing! :D

Missed Clone Wars though... :p

Prowl_2009
02-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Check out the Darth Maul teaser for the March finale of The Clone Wars, up at Entertainment Weekly...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/10/darth-maul-clone-wars-teaser/

starwarsguy49
02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if we will see the Wal-Mart exclusive "Discover the Force" wave?

Prowl_2009
02-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Does anyone know if we will see the Wal-Mart exclusive "Discover the Force" wave?

Haven't heard otherwise, so I'd assume we'll be getting them here in the Great White North! I want that Ric Olie figure bad!

Prowl_2009
02-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Check out this small intervew with Sam Witwer, known for voicing Galen Marek in TFU games and The Son in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as he discusses voicing Sith apprentice Darth Maul in The Clone Wars in March!

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/02/17/star-wars-clone-wars-reveal-darth-maul/

ambasah
02-17-2012, 02:52 PM

I believe Hasbro Canada has indicated these will not be showing up at Walmarts north of the border.

jacobot
02-17-2012, 03:15 PM
This yahoo thinks the Prequel Trilogy was better... ;)

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/why-star-wars-prequels-better-original-trilogy-160300514.html

Lucas didn't want stuff coming out of the screen in 3D... wtf

Prowl_2009
02-17-2012, 05:50 PM
^^ Oy. :banghead:

Prowl_2009
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
YES!!! My cheques for the Prototype Armor Boba Fett figure were cashed today!!! :D

And now, I wait...

lars573
02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
^^ Oy. :banghead:
Truth hurts doesn't it? I agree with everything he says. As a prequel lover and OT hater.

Robimus
02-22-2012, 08:30 PM
I admit I find the whole concept of loving one and hating the other really odd, but to each their own. I like both trilogies myself.

I picked up Crimson Empire 3 #3 this past weekend. Good stuff, just too short. Kanos is about to single handly end end an upstart group of Imperials who are looking to overthrow the Imperial Remnant(or the continuation of the Empire, as it is in my eyes).

Yet he has no loyalty to the Remnant. Its just pretty much that the upstarts are morons.:p

Prowl_2009
02-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Truth hurts doesn't it? I agree with everything he says. As a prequel lover and OT hater.

Oh I am not a prequel hater, I just prefer the originals over the new ones. None are bad, I just like the classics moreso.

Robimus
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Scored Agent of the Empire 1 and 3(now I need #2 since I didn't have it on my pull list), Crimson Empire 4 and Dark Times 21 yesterday. Now to find the time to read them all.

Prowl_2009
03-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Maul vs. Kenobi on tonight's Clone Wars season finale!!! :cool:

Prowl_2009
03-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Man, wife has totally been spoiling me this week! She grabbed 6 awesome Vintage Collection Star Wars figures for me over the last 5 days!

Pictures will come soon! :D

Robimus
03-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Me needs new Dark Times. Falco Sang mus die.....or something:straightface:

Robimus
03-30-2012, 01:28 AM
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/JulesWindu.jpg

Prowl_2009
03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
^^ Ha! Sweet! :p That must be Mace's disguise after Order 66 was executed. :p We thought he was killed, but he actually went into hiding. :p

Robimus
03-31-2012, 03:06 AM
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/JarJar.jpg

Prowl_2009
04-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Prototype Armor Boba Fett arrived in the mail yesterday!!! :D Such an awesome addition to my Star Wars and Fett collection overall!!!

A Note to Hasbro: Please make the next mail away something not Fett or Mandalorian related, otherwise I am going to need it again! :p

Robimus
04-10-2012, 10:09 AM
The Essential Guide to Warfare has just come out and, I'm told, that once again Jason Fry has seen fit to honor me by including my name(along with many others from theforce.net) in the acknowlegements section of the book.

I've got to order this as Chapters/Indigo in my neck of the woods isn't carrying it. I wanted to pick it up last Friday but couldn't. Boo.:D

Prowl_2009
05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Hey, for those who didn't know, last Monday, April 23, marked 10 years since the first AOTC figures hit retail. :eek:

Doesn't seem all that long ago to me...

What was the first AOTC figure you scored? For me, it was the Deluxe Jango Fett with electronic jetpack! :D