PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair 2009 Report

Super_Megatron
01-26-2009, 12:24 AM
AFN was in attendance at the 2009 Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair (http://www.cdntoyassn.com) this weekend. We were able to take a few images of the Hasbro booth. Expect more information at next months 2009 Toy Fair in NYC. Click the thumbnail to check out the images that we could take.

Marvel:
-X-Men Origins Wolverine toys were behind the scenes to show retailers
Star Wars:
-Lots more Vehicle and Action Figure sets planned for 2009
-Target Exclusive 2009 Rancor is coming to Canada
Transformers:
-RPMs (Robot Powered Machines), Hot Wheel type cars with robot designs moulded onto the bottom
-Soundwave and Bumblebee are confirmed for the Revenge of the Fallen preview wave
-Tons of mock up Revenge of the Fallen toys behind the scenes to show retailers
G.I.Joe:
-Tons of mock up G.I Joe; Rise of Cobra toys behind the scenes to show retailers

Super_Megatron
01-26-2009, 12:43 AM
If anyone has any questions about the event feel free to post here, there are probably some things I forgot about. :p

Robimus
01-26-2009, 12:58 AM
I love that Death Star framework behind the Arc-170 on the box art. Very nice :)

Seikaku
01-26-2009, 01:02 AM
"-RPMs (Robot Powered Machines), Hot Wheel type cars with robot designs moulded onto the bottom"

We've seen a prototype of these.

"-Tons of mock up Revenge of the Fallen toys behind the scenes to show retailers including a Bumblebee Voice Changer Helmet and train set"

What is the train set all about?

Super_Megatron
01-26-2009, 01:05 AM
What is the train set all about?

Unfortunately it was just a packaging mock-up with no toys in it but you just jogged my memory. Apparently a robot will be included that will interfere with the train and cause if to head back in the other direction I believe.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
01-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Was there any vintage transformers there? I thought about going to this show but their it sound like no tfs, plus I was a little busy. I haven't been watching for shows too closely, but I assume there hasn't really been much going on lately.

dak
01-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Unfortunately it was just a packaging mock-up with no toys in it but you just jogged my memory. Apparently a robot will be included that will interfere with the train and cause if to head back in the other direction I believe.

fancy.... lol.

Cyber-Kun
01-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Any news or photos of more Marvel Universe 3 3/4 figs?

General Tekno
01-26-2009, 01:55 AM
Anything more specific you can tell us about the ROTF stuff? If not here, then at Cybertron.ca or TFW?

Super_Megatron
01-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Was there any vintage transformers there? I thought about going to this show but their it sound like no tfs, plus I was a little busy. I haven't been watching for shows too closely, but I assume there hasn't really been much going on lately.

This is an industry only event, not open to the public, and not with vendors selling at their booths. Retailers are showing buyers what will be hot this year.

Super_Megatron
01-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Any news or photos of more Marvel Universe 3 3/4 figs?

Only wave 1 was there, but they have high hopes for the line. We're going to try and get on the Hasbro Marvel Q&A so we can answer questions about the line from a Canadian perspective for you guys.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
01-26-2009, 09:27 AM
i love the star wars build your own blaster thing!

Battlefield
01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Super Megatron, Were you able to see hasbro presintation for Star Wars? If so what new vehicle do they have planed for 2009? Did they confirm the Republic fighter tank and Tan droid? Also was there any new clone wars figures shown? If so what ones?

Super_Megatron
01-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Super Megatron, Were you able to see hasbro presintation for Star Wars? If so what new vehicle do they have planed for 2009? Did they confirm the Republic fighter tank and Tan droid? Also was there any new clone wars figures shown? If so what ones?

Sorry, have no info on that.

pud333
01-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Only wave 1 was there, but they have high hopes for the line. We're going to try and get on the Hasbro Marvel Q&A so we can answer questions about the line from a Canadian perspective for you guys.

Yes. Yes, please do.

Thanks for the pictures SM!

CTO15
01-29-2009, 06:28 PM
nice to see that the 2nd wave of Marvel Universe figs are going to come to canada. I thought it was a fluke that we even got the ist wave. But I heard that walmart is pretty adamant on ordering anything 3 3/4" scale