PDA

View Full Version : Rogue One movie SPOILER FREE (for now) discussion thread

wedge1021
12-15-2016, 11:31 PM
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so thought I'd start one.

Let's keep this spoiler free for the first week or two yet?

If you really have to reference something spoiler-y, try to put up big bold warnings, blank it out, or whatever to make it easy for readers to skip over.

wedge1021
12-15-2016, 11:31 PM
SPOILER FREE

Just got back from the Thursday 7:20pm screening in Ultra AVX.

Initial reaction: Best. Star Wars. Movie. Ever.

Way, way happier with this one than I was with Episode 7.

Most of the cameos and references are very well placed, they didn't seem ham-fisted at all, unlike how I felt about many of them in TFA.

Highs: K-2SO, space battles, ground battles, cameos

Lows: it's a pretty heavy film, I'm not sure how my kids will react if I take them

Basically, this is the Star Wars film I have wanted to see since I first became a full-on fan in the early 90s. It feels so steeped in the OT, and really reminds me of the older video games. Rebels vs. Empire all the way.

I loved it. Will definitely see again, probably 2 more times in theatre at least.

Expectations met and exceeded.

Master Stark
12-26-2019, 08:44 PM
In fact, I understand that nowadays there are a lot of critics and analysts, and everyone tries to speak out about this or that issue (in this case the film). But since I happen to be a Star Wars fan, I decided that the Outcast was the best thing that happened to Star Wars after buying Disney. This is really a classic SW. I personally believe that even though the Legends have an even bigger story about these events, they still do.