PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter IV Series 2 Action Figures Released In Canada

Super_Megatron
09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks to AFN member MeisterJ4zz for letting us know that the 2nd wave of Street Fighter IV toys has been released in Canada. The first major update to the Street Fighter franchise in nearly 10 years, Street Fighter IV is an updated twist on a gaming classic. To celebrate, this collection includes two original characters and one newcomer: Chun-Li, Guile and Akuma in 7-inch tall action figures. They were found in an Ontario Toys "R" Us.

Please share what Action Figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19).

Robimus
09-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I just saw these as well in Manitoba.:)

Cemetary Man
09-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Metropolis Comics in Metrotown has had these for weeks now.

Super_Megatron
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Metropolis Comics in Metrotown has had these for weeks now.
Comic and specialty shops sometimes get toys in faster than regular retail.

onecoin
09-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I picked these up almost 2 months ago.

CobraCommander
09-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Anyone know how these compare to the Sota figs from a few years back?

onecoin
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
There are new Sota ones. Dhalsim, Gief, Honda and R.Mika.

The Neca ones are are higher quality, and a little bigger. But I like the the sculpting of the Sota ones better. Beware of bootleg Sota figures though, I know wave 2 and 3 got bootlegged pretty bad.

MeisterJ4zz
09-10-2009, 12:14 AM
How does bootleg SOTA figures look? Are the KO packaging easily distinguishable from the official releases? I'm still collecting SOTA figs.

CobraCommander
09-10-2009, 01:29 PM
I think the SOTA KO are mostly the clear variants, at least from what I recall?

onecoin
09-11-2009, 06:43 AM
I think its the same bubble for the most part, the print on the inserts were cheaper and weren't aligned properly. I think the figures themselves were from the same molds, but the paint color was off and it had a more "caked" on look. I really only compared the Akuma figure out of package, but I checked out the rest of the bootlegs in the store he bought it from. Actually unless you have a sense of the quality, or see them side by side, I would say its pretty tough to tell. I never actually saw the clear ones, but if the have the molds, I can't imagine they would be hard to make.