PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane Hockey Series 22 Released in Canada

Robimus
09-16-2009, 10:37 AM
StarwarsTF reports that McFarlane NHL Series 22 has now been released at Canadian Retail. This wave includes Martin Brodeur, Saku Koivu, Mats Sundin, Alexander Ovechkin and Mika Kiprisoff.

The sighting was made at a Walmart in Ontario.

Share what figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19)

Robimus
09-16-2009, 10:39 AM
So the Spawn website no longer includes Shane Doan(Jets or Coyotes) as being a part of this series.......And there is no explanation as to why he's not either..........

JaySmith
09-16-2009, 03:15 PM
So the Spawn website no longer includes Shane Doan(Jets or Coyotes) as being a part of this series.......And there is no explanation as to why he's not either..........

It exists though....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shane-Doan-McFarlane-NHL-Series-22-Super-Chase-%2376%2F1996_W0QQitemZ160362405530QQcmdZViewItemQQ imsxZ20090914?IMSfp=TL090914162002r20985

StarwarsTF
09-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Shane Doan is in every second case and only as a jet no phoenix though.

JaySmith
09-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Shane Doan is in every second case and only as a jet no phoenix though.

Are you positive? As he's limited to 1996 units. I contacted a local shop here in Winnipeg who was able to secure one, but it was sold for $81.00 USD.

Robimus
09-17-2009, 12:13 AM
The iniitial reports on the Doan figure had both the Coyotes and Jets versions with the "chase" Variant being the limited edition.

There are dead links on the Spawn website to both Doan figures that apparently are not getting released.:(

Here's the link to nowhere: http://www.spawn.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?type=all&term=Shane%20Doan

It lists the Coyotes and Vintage Doan with the "super chase" figure as another seperate entry.

FYI: I sent an email to McFarlane Toys and will post the response once I recieve it. :)

StarwarsTF
09-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Are you positive? As he's limited to 1996 units. I contacted a local shop here in Winnipeg who was able to secure one, but it was sold for $81.00 USD.

Four cases today two doans it may just be luck but not a guarantee. Sorry I shouldn't have said every second case. No Broduers though :(

Robimus
09-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Here's the transcript of my email to McFarlane:

Has the scheduled Shane Doan Coyotes and Vintage Jets Figures been removed from NHL #22?

I realize the Doan Chase numbering 1996 units is still included but the others were scheduled to be a part of that line up as well.

I'd like to know what happened and if you plan to release those Doan figures into a future wave.

Thanks,

Mcfarlane replied:
We produced 1,996 units of the Jets version and numbered them, but the Coyote version was cancelled. So, only the one Doan version is in the line. Thanks

So thats that, the planned Vintage Jets release with all the dead links on Spawn.com is toast, replaced by an ultra rare figure........:mad:

One in every two cases is pretty accurate as I saw ten cases tonight split between two Walmarts and exactly five of them had one figure missing, the Doan I'd assume.

JaySmith
09-18-2009, 02:34 AM
One in every two cases is pretty accurate as I saw ten cases tonight split between two Walmarts and exactly five of them had one figure missing, the Doan I'd assume.

Man I really hate fucking scalpers, and I can assure you, it's someone doing just that.... especially when Doan is being sold on eBay for upwards of $80 USD.