PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe vs Secret Wars figures

Super_Megatron
09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm thinking the Secret Wars versions of the figures are the superior versions. Just look at the new Hulk head sculpt. Even the brown costume Wolverine is better than the Wolverine origins version. Like the all black version of black Spidey much better than the Universe release with the blue highlighting as well.

CTO15
09-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I too am excited for the "new" hulk in the secret wars line. Head sculpt looks perfect IMHO (for now at least), compared to the poo head we got now.

Is there really a big difference b/w the two black spideys beside the blue highlights?

All I know is that I can't wait for Hawkeye to come out.

Matrix_Holder
09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I find that the paintjobs of the secret wars figures are very lacking. from what I have seen the paint apps are blotchy and uneven. they need a better crop of 8 year olds to work on the line, lol. I like the colours of the secret wars figures, I like the classic look of the characters more than the new generation costumes, just wish they did a better job making the figs.

pud333
09-29-2009, 01:26 AM
All I know is that I can't wait for Hawkeye to come out.

Yes. And Thor!

Honestly, I think sculpt wise they can be superior to the MU ones, but I think there have been huge complaints about QC. That being said, perhaps they'll get better with the later waves.

Quantum
09-29-2009, 09:11 AM
The first few secret Wars packs I saw had terrible paint apps. The figs I've seen stocked lately though have had pretty good paint. They even made that Wolverine mold look appealing with that paint job.

I gotta say I prefer the Black Spidey with the blue wash, and I'm not impressed with how Cap's head is not the same colour as the rest of his costume, but I've already got two Caps and 3 Spideys, so I'm okay with that.

I can't wait for the new Hulk, Magneto, but I'm really really really really really really really excited about Hawkeye! (always been one of my favorites!) I hope too that they release a Mockingbird now that Bobbi and Clint have found each other again!

Evan
09-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I think I prefer the all black Spidey. I'll reserve judgement until it comes out, but it seems to have a more "classic" look...which I guess is what they were going for being the Secret Wars anniversary and all.

Super_Megatron
09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
I grabbed the black spidey and Hulk sets in the US this past weekend, they're pretty nice looking. Still have to keep an eye on the paint apps for this wave as the one Hulk I saw had messed up eye brows.

Evan
09-29-2009, 11:37 PM
Hulk smash messed up eyebrows!

1337w422102
10-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I just don't like how bright the Comic Pack colours are. At least they're not as bad as the first wave of 25th Joe Comic Packs...

CTO15
10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
yeah, i do wish caps colors were a little bit darker

Prowl_2009
11-28-2009, 11:48 AM
The bright color apps seems to be something Hasbro has been carrying over from a lot of other series including Star Wars. In any case, the majority of the figures I come across from this line really do have sloppy paint apps. The only one I ever saw that was half descent was a symbiote Spidy and, like has been stated here already, Hulk had some seriously messed up eyebrows. :p He should have those looked at. :D

Super_Megatron
12-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Picked up the last set of Secret Wars figures I needed last night while X-mas shopping for my son (Iron Man/Spider Woman). The paint apps on Spider Woman are terrible. So many quality issues with these figures. The set I left behind was even worse.

Prowl_2009
12-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I've passed on these altogether due to the quality issues, which is sad because this was something I was really looking forward to getting.

Super_Megatron
12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I just pick through and find a good set. Usually one is good and one is bad.

Prowl_2009
12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Most of the one's I've come across have had both figures pretty messed up paint wise. :rolleyes:

Banshee
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
The only one I've picked up is Mags/Symbiote Spidey . Out of the 4 on display, only one had decent paint apps on Spidey's face.

All the Mag figs were mostly clean though.

I tried to find a decent spider-woman, but no luck. They all had crappy, crappy paint applications.

I'm tempted to get Hulk/Cyclops, even if Cylcops is horrid. On the other hand, there are so many good single carded figs for me to get that the comic packs are pretty low on my list.

Prowl_2009
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
^^ That's pretty much how I am reasoning right now. Those comic packs are low.....VERY LOW, on my list of must haves. :rolleyes:

Brohara
01-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm mostly looking forward to Ultron from this line. It is great to have Hawkeye, classic Thor and a better Hulk as options too, so it looks like this wave will be seeing some purchases from me.

Prowl_2009
01-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I've pretty much lost interest in this line altogether. :rolleyes: Too many quality issues with the ones I've come across.