PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars Season 2, Episode 1: Holocron Heist Discussion Thread

Robimus
10-02-2009, 01:23 AM

"A lesson learned is a lesson earned."

Synopsis: Cad Bane infiltrates the Jedi Temple and attempts steal an ancient Jedi Holocron. It's up to Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi-Wan to stop the bounty hunter from escaping with the valuable Jedi artifact.

Season 2 is here at last! Will Cad Bane continue to cement his place in Star Wars lore? Will Ahsoka and Rex go on a date? Will Goldie return to attack his nemisis R2-D2? Will Jocasta Nu lose yet another planet?

All this and more will be revealed in The Clone Wars Season 2: Rise of the Bounty Hunters :D

Robimus
10-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Can't wait! Should both of the first two episodes air tomorrow I'll edit the thread title and both episodes will be up for discussion.

Maybe we'll keep up with the USA this time around...or not:p

Robimus
10-03-2009, 12:38 AM
So while I really wanted to like this episode, overall I really couldn't. Several things were just glaring at me.

1. Bane's ankle rockets......Mandalorians have trouble flying with complete jet packs at times. Just seemed silly to me.

2. No Jedi could detect Bane/the Clawdite bounty hunter with the Force. Thats kinda the point to the whole ability.

3. Jocasta sucks, she really does but I think she should have been able to handle the Clawdite.

4. Kinda to #3, "You look like Jocasta but don't have her skills".......She just got owned by the Clawdite. There's a reason she got stuck in the Jedi library.......cause she can't do anything else:p

5. The Kaiburr crystal, this is one of the oldest peices of Expanded Universe lore. It was thought to be a mystery until 2 ABY, now some random Jedi has it.............Master Greedo :p

6. The Jedi "recruited" children as soon as they found them. The contents of the Holocron can't represent the future of the Jedi Order.

Maybe it could contain a list of Force sensetive children not yet released by their parents, that would work, but the Jedi are known to recruit children as young as 6 months old.

7. Holocrons should be mysterious and powerful, not a list of childrens names similar to what a kindergarden teacher might keep. "Joey is good at numbers, Sammy is good a drawing", so on:p

I think the hardcore EU fan that I am was hit pretty hard by this episode. A lot was ignored/overlooked. The crystal could have been the Yammy crystal, that would have left EU continuity intact. The Youngling list could have been a list of children who's parents wouldn't release the kids to the Jedi and continuity would have been left intact.

What I liked:

1. The opening battle was pretty awesome. Nice to see Ahsoka get in trouble.

2. The TSD droid with Bane was a lot of fun.

3. Even seeing Jocasta and the Jedi library again was cool.

4. Palpatine wanting the Kaiburr crystal. If they stick with some continuity the Kaiburr crystal was an artifact that magnifies Force powers so Palpatine wanting it makes some sense.

By the way the Kaiburr crystal first appeared in Splinter of the Minds Eye, published in 1978. So it goes way back. It's interesting that Filoni took an interest at the very least.:)

Icetron
10-03-2009, 12:54 AM
I saw a little bit but I didn't want to see too much since I didn't watch S1 yet...still trying to look for it. :p Looks very interesting as a series in general so can't wait to get started.

Robimus
10-03-2009, 02:10 AM
So a bit of online research shows that the crystal mentioned is the Kyber Crystal not the Kaiburr Crystal.

I don't know why I was confused at all in that case:p

SPLIT LIP
10-03-2009, 05:18 PM
The ep was epic. Can't wait for tonight.

pud333
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I finally managed to see the first episode (first two actually).

I'm not as big a SW fan as Robimus, nor do I have his knowledge, but I found the episode to be a good starting point for the second season. It's nice to see that the Jedi finally have a competent villain to fight against (Cad Bane), since Grievous and Ventress were repeatedly failing last season and personally, I was pretty tired of their losing ways. Bane is very cool, though now it only makes me more annoyed the toy is so... blah.

I loved Toto 360. I really hope they make him into a toy, cause he was hilarious. He's so insecure, it was great. Usually the droid humor isn't that great, but he was awesome.

Cad Bane: "Some butler droid you turned out to be!"
Toto: "I am a techno service droid!"

Loved it! Too bad he's dead now. :(

Ahsoka just continues to annoy me. As for Yoda detecting Bane, I thought that was suspect. I can't recall, but I don't ever remember any jedi, in the movies anyway (I don't read the books or comics, etc) feeling out a threat so accurately, that they could detect when and where the attack was going to happen. All I remember is that a jedi could just feel that something is wrong, or something is about to happen. I dunno. Maybe I'm off on this and my memory has betrayed me yet again. Curses!

I don't know if anyone else has seen the second ep yet, so I won't talk about it here. Personally loved the start to the season, can't wait for more! :D:cool::D

SPLIT LIP
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
That's the worst part, since Dooku has to remain the undying source of pure darkness and shit, Grievous and Ventress have to take the fall every battle so shit doesn't get out of joint. I actually feel bad for them.

Isn't Cad Bane supposed to be force-sensitive or something? Maybe he wanted Yoda to know his pressence and where so that his decoy plan could work. In fact, I'm certain that's it.

And Jedi, skilled ones, sense the motive to do wrong or abnormal levels of hatred, which is what alerst them to attack. This doesn't work on droids or the clones in episode 3 because of this.

jacobot
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Went great with...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2606/3984220081_0ab634caee_m_d.jpg
a Grade 4 book report ;)

StarwarsTF
10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
i recommend everyone to downl... wait for next Fridays episode pretty terrific series!!! LOL.....

pud333
10-06-2009, 01:47 AM
i recommend everyone to downl... wait for next Fridays episode pretty terrific series!!! LOL.....

It was quite excellent. haha.

Icetron
10-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Finally had a chance to download/watch this. Man I knew what was coming at the end...:( Onto the next ep now.

Robimus
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Teletoon seems to be satrting at the beginning due to the big cartoon network break.

Thought I'd bump this in case anybody watches the replay this weekend and wants to share.:)

Prowl_2009
02-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up! :)