PDA

View Full Version : DC Universe Classics

Pages : [1] 2

jourdo
01-27-2009, 02:08 AM
I imagine this will be a fairly empty thread... seeing as these seem to be non-existant in Canada, but where are you guys at with collecting these?

I'm pretty much up to date with Wave 1 through 3, including SDCC Lobo. I skipped a couple of the variants as I just didn't really need them. Although I did miss the original Firestorm, who I hope to catch in the later wave release.

Now that these are becoming increasingly hard to find north of the border, I'm becoming less of a completionist and only focusing on the characters I really want (Shazam, Flash, etc.).

What are your thoughts on the line?

pud333
01-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the scale. I don't really like my humanoid figures to be over 4" scale, but I do like a lot of the sculpts. The quality certainly is there. But I find some of the seams where the joints are connected sort of stick out and kind of distract from the mold.

Now that these are becoming increasingly hard to find north of the border, I'm becoming less of a completionist and only focusing on the characters I really want (Shazam, Flash, etc.).

Due to space and money, I find in general I have had to focus in and only buy toys I really want. Gone are the days when I'd buy something just because.

4lott
01-27-2009, 10:09 AM
pud33, I know what you mean. I no longer have the space or extra income for impulse buys. While these figs are available at some LCS and Canadian on line retailers I'll only pick them up if I can get them at mass market stores simply for no other reason than I want to know I can return it hassle free if it breaks in my hand. The torso on the last fig I bought, Batman Beyond, split in two right out of the pack. The manager at my LCS refunded me the $$ and we joked about it being a mini build a figure. He said he's not touching this line again until the QC improves.

jourdo
01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
The torso on the last fig I bought, Batman Beyond, split in two right out of the pack.

I read about all of the issues of Batman Beyond snapping at the waist, and I have barely touched mine as a result. The waist is super tight and I figure one good twist and it is done.

Does anyone know for sure about the status of these at mass retail? Walmart was the only place I ever saw them and that was WAY back in the Wave 1 days.

Has this officially become an online only line for Canadians?

lars573
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
pud33, I know what you mean. I no longer have the space or extra income for impulse buys. While these figs are available at some LCS and Canadian on line retailers I'll only pick them up if I can get them at mass market stores simply for no other reason than I want to know I can return it hassle free if it breaks in my hand. The torso on the last fig I bought, Batman Beyond, split in two right out of the pack. The manager at my LCS refunded me the $$ and we joked about it being a mini build a figure. He said he's not touching this line again until the QC improves.
I just wish I knew if any of the comic shops here carried the line. :(

pud333
01-27-2009, 01:37 PM
While these figs are available at some LCS and Canadian on line retailers I'll only pick them up if I can get them at mass market stores simply for no other reason than I want to know I can return it hassle free if it breaks in my hand.

That is one of the really good things about mass retailers. So long as you have a receipt, you can pretty much return anything. However, I still try to support the local shops as much as I can, but it's getting harder and harder to do so as money gets tight and prices keep rising. For example, one comic shop was charging $16.99 for 25th Joes and $14.99 for DCIH. I know they have to mark up, and I don't mind paying more to support local shops, but that kind of markup is way too high for me to afford (and personally, I kinda find it a bit offensive, to tell you the truth. However, it's not my business, so whatever).

I believe so. Unless Mattel has some major distribution plans to announce, I think we're stuck with online or comic shops. :( I find that Canada tends to get the shaft with some lines. DC for instance (I see Marvel products everywhere). Unless there is a big movie behind the products (eg: Dark Knight), DC toys are pretty much non existent or relegated to a tiny section of the store. But even with toy lines like 25th Joes, we don't get every wave that the US does. I don't know if it's a problem of availability, or of retailers just not ordering every wave, but it can get frustrating.

lars573
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I think you'll find it's the retailers. Hasbro and Mattel can only sell what stores are willing to sell. Wal-Mart dropped DCUC. Which was the one Canadian retailer that carried the line. So it's either comic shops or online.

jourdo
01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Does anyone have any contact information for Mattel to ask them about this? I checked their customer service site and could not find any email info. God forbid I actually have to take pen to paper. :eek:

Cyber-Kun
01-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I only have one figure, wave 1's Etrigan, that I found in Wal-Mart when wave one hit retail. Back then there were quite a few figs and I thought "Hey, maybe there will be a lot of stock for this line"
Oh, how naive I was...
I've never seen any further waves since.

-KG-
01-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I have 3: Batman, Penguin, and Harley Quinn. I would love to grab a bunch more, but I'm not going out of my way for them. If it was a mass retail Canadian release I would grab a bunch more. Also if they're staring me in the face in a comic book shop at a reasonable price I'll buy 'em too. That's if the paint is good...

4lott
01-27-2009, 09:47 PM
It was actually the torso that split in two front seperated from the back.
Pud, $16.99 is a really serious mark up. The manager at my LCS is pretty straight forward with me, he was apologetic when he had to raise his Joe prices (which he gets from Diamond and I believe Everest) from $10. to $12. because of the weak dollar. DCIH goes for about $10.

pud333
01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
It was actually the torso that split in two front seperated from the back.
Pud, $16.99 is a really serious mark up. The manager at my LCS is pretty straight forward with me, he was apologetic when he had to raise his Joe prices (which he gets from Diamond and I believe Everest) from $10. to $12. because of the weak dollar. DCIH goes for about $10.

Yeah, I never buy figures from that store. I've even stopped buying comics from there and have now found a closer place that sells graphic novels at US pricing still.

$12 for Joes, especially if they are on US cards, is not bad. I'd pay that. Same goes for the DCIH prices. The only specialty store that sold US carded Joes for that low was A3U. But they're done now, so it's besides the point.

01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
DCUC is really the only line i collect. i have every single figure that has come out. it sucks that it is so difficult to collect. i'm really anticipating getting wave 6.

bambam
01-28-2009, 01:30 PM

It has for me, and I'm ok with that. Toy hunts in Canada are only effective if you're buying SW, TFs, or movie toys. Comic book figures in the 6'' scale have abandoned by our major retailers. We'll get a wave of a series here and there, but nothing to satisfy a line collector. I believe a Fwoosher was told by Wal-Mart Canada they are no longer carrying 6'' comic book figures, they prefer the 3 3/4'' scale. I don't know if TRU will get on the DCUC wagon as DCSH sold very poorly for them. They should blame themselves as they ordered too heavy on the year's 1st wave. Those Bizarros collected far too much dust.

4lott
01-28-2009, 02:03 PM
....and are still collecting dust. Another problem with TRU was that it was so reluctant to reduce the prices. ML series one sat on the pegs for full price forever, same with DCSH. Meanwhile Winners gets some in and they're gone. I'm still hoping for that day when I walk into Winners and find more ML or DCUC figs.

jourdo
01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Those Bizarros collected far too much dust.

Sadly, I want one of those now. I passed on the DCSH line originally. Now my TRU doesn't have them anymore.

montague78
01-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Ya my first Batman Beyond's right leg snapped clean right off!! 2nd one seems to be doing better!

I love the DCUC line. Good molds, great poseability. Just a few small gripes with the paint jobs. They actually go great with the DCSH line. i have a few DC Direct figs but i personally prefer to keep them separate from the DCUC/DCSH lines.
My latest additions are eradicator and the 2 super mullets!!! love em!!!

bambam
01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
This is from the recent round of Mattel Q&As. It's from the DC Collector message board specifically:

DCcollector - Question by "TheGameAH" from the forum - What is being done to make
the DCUC and INFINTE UNIVERSE figures more available to the Canadian
market? It gets a bit expensive buying them online or ebaying.

Matty - DCUC and IH figures are available for international markets in a variety
of language card backs (such as French and English for Canadian
markets). We will ship product to any retailer who orders it. If you are
not seeing your favorite Mattel toy lines at your local retailer no
matter what country you live in), ask for it by name. It is the
retailers who decide what product they will carry on there shelf, not
Mattel. All of our DCU lines are available for Canada if retailers order
it.

Link (http://www.dccollector.com/news/toys-5/ask-mattel-january-15th-87/)

4lott
01-28-2009, 09:25 PM
What bugs me is that TRU didn't even try DCUC.

CTO15
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
yeah no doubt.

has anybody ordered the Adam Strange/Starfire set from matty yet? and if you have, have you received it yet?

01-29-2009, 12:14 PM
i ordered my set the day they became available, got am email the next day saying they shipped, and I'm still waiting. after lobo, i know to be patient when ordering from matty collector.

bambam
01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Yep, the standard is 2-3 weeks from MattyCollector. It all depends on Customs.

CTO15
01-29-2009, 06:29 PM
ok cool. I heard that matty was super slow when it came to shipping. As long as it gets here, I'm a-ok

jourdo
01-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I remember my Lobo seemed to come fast. Starfire & friend are only a week and a bit since I ordered, so I'm not worried yet.

Croaker
02-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I have everything up to Wave 4. Didn't get Lobo, but I did order the 2 pack.
I think it's going to be really hard finding the WM exclusive wave 5.
I also just got Hawkman and Mr. Miracle from wave 6.
The problem is that my local comic shop, over the course of the waves has raised the price from 15.99 to 17.99 to 19.99 and now the latest two were 24.99.
Ouch!

4lott
02-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Over at Fwoosh someone posted a pic of some of wave 7 on the pegs. I think the retail price was $11.99 USD. For me, something about paying $25. for a fig that is about $10 less in the states takes a bit of fun out of the hobby.

CTO15
02-01-2009, 02:44 PM
yikes, thats a big jump from the start to finish. My LCS just sells the figures in sets, so I have to have the 110 dollars there asking to pick them up. luckily I have a friend in the US who helps me out.

As for the progress: I have all of Wave 1,3,4,5. From wave 2 I just have the Grodd, Blue & Red Sups, Black Manta and Aquaman

I'm waiting for the TRU 2 packs to come in and the matty 2 pack.

PS: Thank god for this line, without it I would have been sooo bored waiting around for MLs to come out

pud333
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
The problem is that my local comic shop, over the course of the waves has raised the price from 15.99 to 17.99 to 19.99 and now the latest two were 24.99.
Ouch!

Yeah, not worth it. There's raising prices, and then there's price gouging.

jourdo
02-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Are we getting the 2-packs here? I know it is a stupid question... but I thought I would ask it anyways.

Icetron
02-02-2009, 03:04 AM
I've wanted Wonder Woman and/or Artemis ever since they came out. Are they worth it at all? I just haven't found any non-scalper prices or people actually selling them at cost instead of asking for trades.

Admittedly I haven't looked very hard since this line isn't even distributed well in the US, and are pretty nonexistent at retail for us Canadians.

Yobuster
02-02-2009, 08:43 PM
I ordered and received my DCUC Starfire Adam Strange 2-pack within a week. Of course I had to pay the higher shipping rate. I've had crap luck with Canada Post so I always pick the trackable option. Never know when some Canadapost employee rips you off ( has happened to me twice that the shipment disappeared in some Richmond postal distribution centre. Saw this on the tracking site. Luckily online retailer was willign to resend since they also saw on the tracking site that I never received it).

Bet you anything if a postal employee sees it is from some retailer, they probably figure the retailer will just resend if the package goes missing. i.e. a victimless crime perhaps?

Err anyways, enough of my rant. DUCU is so impossible to collect. Got to get it from my LCS and even then they can't always get it in, despite placing early orders.

Speaking of which I have a DCUC Firestorm and Batman Beyond for sale if anyone is interested. I have them listed on my sales thread on cybertron.ca. PM if interested.

Icetron
02-03-2009, 04:30 AM
I finally got a hold of a Wonder Woman. I'll post my thoughts when she arrives in 1-2 weeks. :)

Eko123
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I love the DCUC figures. I was lucky enough to find all of Wave 1 at Wal-Mart when they came out last year. After Wal-Mart ditched the line though, every subsequent figure I've bought has either been through e-Bay or a collectible store.

In Toronto, I've found that Silver Snail Comics is one of the more reasonable places to buy these figures. Although they charge more than what you'd expect to pay if the figures were available at mass retail...at least it doesn't seem like they try to gouge you.

I have all the figures from Wave 3 and 4, but I need classic Aquaman and classic Firestorm from Wave 2 (I have no interest in the modern Firestorm or Aquaman variants).

Unfortunately, I'm guessing I'll have to look for them at toy shows, as the prices people are charging for them on e-Bay are too expensive. :(

I ordered the Adam Strange/Starfire 2-pack the day it became available, but it still hasn't showed up yet. Hopefully these horror stories I'm hearing about Canada Post employees stealing stuff doesn't come true, as I went with the regular shipping option.

Haggis
02-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Is there going to be a 3-3/4 " line to rival Marvels Universe toys, or are all i'm gonna get is those Crisis toys?

CTO15
02-04-2009, 07:53 PM
yeah the DCIH are mattel's DC 3 3/4"

but mattel did promise more articulation this year, so we'll see what they have for us a NYCC this weekend.

pud333
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Is there going to be a 3-3/4 " line to rival Marvels Universe toys, or are all i'm gonna get is those Crisis toys?

Check out the hauls thread for my pictures of the DCIH 3.75" ones I got. They don't have as much articulation as the marvel ones, but as CTO15 said, they promised more articulation this year, so who knows? Hopefully they are comparable to the Marvel ones.

Croaker
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I ordered and received my DCUC Starfire Adam Strange 2-pack within a week. Of course I had to pay the higher shipping rate. I've had crap luck with Canada Post so I always pick the trackable option. Never know when some Canadapost employee rips you off

How much did that method of shipping cost you?

Quinn
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
I just received my Starfire/AdamStrange 2pack on Thursday. I'm in Vancouver. I used regular shipping.

CTO15
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
what? I hope I get mine soon. Also hope there is no CQ issues with it

bambam
02-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Mine came in yesterday. No QC issues except for the yellow stripes painted on Strange's shoulders are slightly sloppy. It's very minor and I have no problem with it. Starfire is perfect; no warped legs.

CTO15
02-14-2009, 01:52 PM
anybody still waiting on their Starfire/Strange pack? I have yet to receive it. I hope its still coming

Eko123
04-10-2009, 02:08 AM
So, with recent reports of DCUC figures being sighted at TRU stores in Ontario, does this mean that the line will be carried in Canada again at mass retail? :)

If so, I really hope it stays this way.

-KG-
04-10-2009, 10:58 AM
So far it seems like only TRU will be carrying the line. I just hope people buy the lesser known characters, otherwise they'll clog the shelves and TRU won't order anymore. I know I won't see anymore TDK Movie Masters since every TRU I go to has 20 Scarcrows.

BTW, I just noticed this a few days ago. Why is Captain Marvel being called Shazam? Shazam is what Billy says to become Captain Marvel (I guess that's why it's in quotes); and Shazam is the Wizards name who gave him the powers. I guess it has something to do with Marvel Comics?

pud333
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I believe it's due to Marvel and rights over the Captain Marvel name.

I sure hope TRU orders a variety of characters for their DC stuff in general. Though I am afraid they aren't so smart, considering all the DCIH figures they ordered that were the same and while they flew off shelves initially, they're now clogging everything up. I'm afraid it will happen with DCUC, but we'll see.

lars573
04-10-2009, 12:19 PM
BTW, I just noticed this a few days ago. Why is Captain Marvel being called Shazam? Shazam is what Billy says to become Captain Marvel (I guess that's why it's in quotes); and Shazam is the Wizards name who gave him the powers. I guess it has something to do with Marvel Comics?
Because Marvel holds all the trademarks/copyrights on Captain Marvel. After DC sued Fawcett's Captain Marvel (he was declared an illegal copy of Superman) out of existance in 1952 there was no Captain Marvel title out for over 15 years. Until Marvel created Captain Marvel in the late 60's and gave him his own title in the 70's. And trademarked it's title. When DC bought the rights to print comics of Fawcett's Captain Marvel in 1972 (and the characters out right in 1980). They couldn't use Captain Marvel anywhere on the cover. So when ever you see DC's Captain Marvel in toy form he's called Shazam.

-KG-
04-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Because Marvel holds all the trademarks/copyrights on Captain Marvel. After DC sued Fawcett's Captain Marvel (he was declared an illegal copy of Superman) out of existance in 1952 there was no Captain Marvel title out for over 15 years. Until Marvel created Captain Marvel in the late 60's and gave him his own title in the 70's. And trademarked it's title. When DC bought the rights to print comics of Fawcett's Captain Marvel in 1972 (and the characters out right in 1980). They couldn't use Captain Marvel anywhere on the cover. So when ever you see DC's Captain Marvel in toy form he's called Shazam.

I don't quite understand your post. You said Marvel holds all trademarks/copyrights on Captain Marvel, but then that DC bought the characters outright in 1980. What is it that Marvel and DC actually own in regards to the character?

lars573
04-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Both companies have a character called Captain Marvel. But only one has the right to title a comic or toy Captain Marvel. As it's trademarked by Marvel Comics. Same way that for a few years Hasbro has to call Shockwave toys Shockblast, or the Hod Rod/Bluestreak issue. I remember reading that Marvel and DC reached an agreement that DC could keep calling him Captain Marvel in the comics. But no where on any cover can it say Captain Marvel.

-KG-
04-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks, I understand now:D

jourdo
04-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Well I really need to come here more often... otherwise I would not have crapped my pants quite as much when I saw the two packs at TRU. Too bad there was no Cyborg Superman, but I finally have my Abin Sur!

Team Jetfire
04-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Jourdo, They seem to have some of these figures at Chinook Hobby in Calgary, not sure what you need, but the have a whole wall. The only down side is that they are 20 a piece. The price and availability is the only thing holding me back on these figures. They look so damn cool...

Maybe a few collection pics may convince me further... :)

Quinn
04-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Team Jetfire check out your local TRU. They may have some and at $14.99 you can give one a try. If you have no QC problems then you'll probably like the figure.

Team Jetfire
04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
They have a few two packs but I don't know the price. I'm thinking of getting a green lantern and Firestorm because they are my favs....

chaingunsofdoom
04-15-2009, 11:47 AM
McLeod TRU has the Kalibak BAF wave. $14.99 each. They had 3 2-packs also for $29.99 each.

Croaker
05-14-2009, 11:17 AM
I was at the local TRU yesterday and spotted Wave 7!

They had Barda (w/helmet), Blue Beetle, Kid Flash, Booster Gold (new version) as well as firestorm and batman.

Still at $14.99

Would have picked them up but I ordered mine online.

CTO15
05-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Wave 7?!?!?! AWESOME!!!!!

Thank-you TRU for finally making sense and bringing in these figures

Robimus
05-14-2009, 04:20 PM
I was at the local TRU yesterday and spotted Wave 7!

Local to where? I just need to know from the front page.

Croaker
05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Local to where? I just need to know from the front page.

Toronto, west end.

4lott
05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Croaker, did you happen to notice if the blister cards were unilingual or trilingual?

-KG-
05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
This is good news, mainly because it appears they'll continue to carry the newer waves.

SPLIT LIP
05-16-2009, 11:29 PM
DCUC Harley is out, right? If so, when did she come out? I've been looking for her.

lars573
05-16-2009, 11:49 PM
In Canada she didn't, in the US over 6 months ago. We missed waves 2 through 5. Your best bet is to get someone to hit a target and see if wave 2/3 is still dangling on a shelf.

SPLIT LIP
05-17-2009, 08:35 AM
I knew we would've gotten screwed on the one wave I wanted. :(

lars573
05-17-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm starting to think that retailers here dumped DCUC for the Dark Knight line. Not surprising really. And now TRU is picking it up again as the DK line is done.

SPLIT LIP
05-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm starting to think that retailers here dumped DCUC for the Dark Knight line. Not surprising really. And now TRU is picking it up again as the DK line is done.So I may be able to pick her up after all? Here's hoping.

Croaker
05-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Croaker, did you happen to notice if the blister cards were unilingual or trilingual?

They were american cards with a french (and I believe spanish, though I didn't look too closely) sticker on the front blister which had the safety warnings on it.

So basically american stock that was stickered to be acceptable for sale in Canada.

lars573
05-17-2009, 07:38 PM
So I may be able to pick her up after all? Here's hoping.
Maybe. The way Mattel seems to distributiing the line is in cases of 10 (as of wave 7). But only 5 or 6 new figures (with BAF pieces) and "best of DCUC" reissues with figure stands. So there is a chance that Harley could be reissued.

4lott
05-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks Croaker. Maybe Quebec will get 'em. We got the 2-packs and that was a huge surprise.

SPLIT LIP
05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Maybe. The way Mattel seems to distributiing the line is in cases of 10 (as of wave 7). But only 5 or 6 new figures (with BAF pieces) and "best of DCUC" reissues with figure stands. So there is a chance that Harley could be reissued.Well, any chance is a positive chance.

-KG-
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Split Lip, if you live in the GTA, Silver Snail had 4 Harley's as of Sunday.

SPLIT LIP
06-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Well, I finally ordered Harley. Yay. She shoudl be here next week, hopefully.

Magnimus
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I got the first series (which I'm now selling here on the forums) but never found any of the other series at major retail. Couldn't collect them if I wanted to, without paying out the nose.

Eko123
06-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Here in Toronto, we only had Wave 1 last year at Wal-Mart and that was it.

Recently Toys R Us picked up the line, but they started with Wave 6 (the Kalibak wave). They also recently stocked Wave 7 (the Atom Smasher wave), or at least part of it as I have yet to see a Booster Gold, Blue Beetle or Aquaman at mass retail.

I had to get figures from Waves 2 to 4 from eBay or collectible stores, but I always tried to shop for the best deal (under $20 Canadian before tax), which was difficult.

Ademon
06-24-2009, 05:43 PM
I went to TRU today to check if they had any Wave 7 or Wave 8 figures available. I grabbed a Helmetless Barda and found out that they have increased the price to $16.99. Crap... I bought the figure anyway because I really wanted this variant. I thought $14.99 was a good price point.

CTO15
06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
they raised the price? damn that sucks! 14.99 was great for me, but at 16.99 thats alittle to much.

Ademon
06-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I was surprised when I brought the figure to the cash and it rung up at $19.20 including tax. I told the cashier I had bought some a few weeks ago for $14.99. I even went back to check the price in the isle as I didn't even bother looking the first time. $16.99 does suck but I think it is still the cheapest you can get these. Most LCS sell them for $19.99 or more. No more buying whole sets now. Just gonna pick up the ones I want. I don't know if they increased the price of the 2 packs but if they are still $24.99, that makes them an awesome deal.

Helmetless Barda has a cool body but what is it about the face that makes it so... manish? I'm staring at the thing and I think its the square jawline... or maybe the wide chin... or maybe the pronounced cheekbones.

lars573
06-25-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't know if they increased the price of the 2 packs but if they are still $24.99, that makes them an awesome deal.
They did. They're now $29.99

jourdo
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
FINALLY was able to grab the Cyborg Supes/Mongul 2 pack today at Mac TRU. I saw only one other hidden in an army of Green Lanterns and New Gods.

The new price is a little harsh, but what are you going to do?

lars573
06-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Well the ML two-packs were $29.99 too. So it's not much of a shock on that front. But $16.99 for a single carded figure reeks of "no one else sells this, gouge!"

skinsquad
06-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Holy crap! I just got notification about DC Universe Wave 11 from my distributer and the wholesale prices went up almost $3 a figure from Wave 9! The build figure is Kilowog. Individual figures were not announced yet.

They totally skipped Wave 10....perhaps another Walmart USA exclusive?

lars573
06-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah confirmed 2 weeks ago. It's gonna include Joker and Powergirl.

skinsquad
06-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah confirmed 2 weeks ago. It's gonna include Joker and Powergirl.

Damn! I'm still trying to get the Riddler from Wave 5!

Ademon
06-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Some TRU staff are too lazy to remove the old $24.99 price (for the 2 packs) from the shelf. If you find one that still has the old price they have to honour it.

SPLIT LIP
06-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah, since Harley arrived (she's awesome, BTW) I've been waiting for wave 10 with Joker. I wonder what the Batman will look like?

lars573
06-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I googled it and the AFI article about the Wal-Mart entries theorized it could be a "Bob Kane" coloured Batman repaint. If that's true I'll be all over it.

SPLIT LIP
07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Do you think maybe Canada will get this wave, or am I gonna have to ebay again?

lars573
07-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Maybe TRU will pick it up. Who knows.

CTO15
07-01-2009, 01:38 PM
for a walmart exclusive? I dunno if that might happen. Canada didn't get wave 2-5 and we started back up again with wave 6. I hope we get everything, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

lars573
07-01-2009, 06:45 PM
TRU picked up a Wal-Mart exclusive wave before. The ML Giant man wave. So there is a slight hope that we could see this at retail.

CTO15
07-02-2009, 09:21 AM
oh yeah they did. Well now we play the waiting game...

CTO15
07-08-2009, 09:01 PM
New Video of the SDCC Wonder Twins Package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglwWTgCE3o

looks awesome, if only Gleek was available outside of the con...

lars573
07-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I really hate the wonder twins.

CTO15
07-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I really hate the wonder twins.

so I take it your not going to get the set? lol

jourdo
07-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I love the Wonder Twins set. But without Gleek it is likely a no sale for me.

lars573
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
so I take it your not going to get the set? lol
Obviously not. :p I have zero nostaglia for Superfriends on the whole. Never watched it.

CTO15
07-09-2009, 07:25 PM
^ yeah. same with me. I admire the clever packaging. but the whole "gleek only at the con" thing is so stupid.

SPLIT LIP
07-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Is the Clayface/Batman twin pack out her yet? I 've seen places that have it online but only US stores AFIK.

CTO15
07-14-2009, 06:21 PM
i think the batman/clayface and superman/brainiac packs were online exclusives. I could be wrong though....

lars573
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I believe when they were announced it was online for sure. Brick and mortar for maybe. Comic shops could have them.

bambam
07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
These 2packs are exclusive to online stores and TRU. Mattel offered them to major online stores first to see if there was enough interest. Later, TRU jumped in as the exclusive brick and mortar retailer. As promised by Mattel, the online stores got them first in June. Mattycollector.com states TRU will probably have them in August. I have no idea if and when TRU Canada will have them.

UPDATE: The Brainiac 2pack has been found at a TRU in Houston, TX.

UPDATE #2: They are now at The Silver Snail, downtown Toronto.

SPLIT LIP
07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Sweet. Any idea on if these will hit TRU.ca like the other ones?

skinsquad
07-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Went to Toys R Us today. Nothing new for the DC Universe line except for the fact that regular 2-Packs are now $32.99! :eek:

CTO15
07-24-2009, 08:07 AM
man, thats a $8 difference between when they were 1st released and now. Thats just ridiculous

SPLIT LIP
07-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Joker looks freaking awesome. I'm super mad they made him a Wal-Mart exclusive. As if they weren't hard enough to find online. He's pretty pimp for acc., with the cane, cards, hammer, fish and "bang" flag gun.

CTO15
07-24-2009, 08:58 PM
new images of DCUC figs today

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FDC_Unive rse%2FDay_2%2FDCUC_6_Inches

everything looks amazing. Well done mattel!

SPLIT LIP
07-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Glad I didn't wait for wave ten Batman, though I do need a new black head for mine. (the head ffrom my wave 7 Bats was all disfigured and warped) Looks like I'll have plenty of Batmen to choose from for a donour. :D

Joker still looks great, and I like that Man-Bat in brown. Gotham City 5 is cool, may get it and repaint Two-Face/Catwoman.

Croaker
08-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Just want to warn everyone -
I was moving my DCUC the other day, switching shelves from one to another.
When I went to stand my Dr. Impossible on the new shelf I gently put him down and he fell to pieces.
The hip/crotch piece came apart and the legs fell off.

Now I've been able to fix it with some superglue, but I just wanted to report this issue so you're aware that it happens.

SPLIT LIP
08-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Were you the same guy who posted that on TFW?

If not, than there may be an issue with Dr. Impossibles and maybe Mr. Miracles.

Croaker
08-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Were you the same guy who posted that on TFW?

If not, than there may be an issue with Dr. Impossibles and maybe Mr. Miracles.

Yeah, that was me. I just wanted to let people know to be careful with the figs because there may be a problem with factory glue/drying out.

(In addition to whatever that issue is with the white powder that shows up on the figs - I've read it has something to do with the mold release coming out of the figures?)

TSHawkeye
09-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Im so late on this.. I loved wave 1( that was $9.99 btw)...then nothing. I know a few guys in the US that pick up stuff for me and these were non-existant most places before I gave up on them. Ive seen the $16.99 TRU figures but I only like DC about $12.99 and not really sure who the few figures really are(and whats with the purple lips?). I figure Ill pick the few I want on the cheap second hand sooner or later

Quantum
09-23-2009, 08:46 PM
So, I just caved and bought my first figs. I've been holding off on these for a long time, and I had some money to burn at AFX and so I broke and decided to get some Justice League members. Here's my haulage:

Red Tornado
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Robin
Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond version)
Kid Flash

I gotta say, I'm totally in love with this line now. It can't be good for my finances, but I'm stuck. I'm going to try and make some rules of restraint, and will not be a completest by any means, but I'm in for the long haul now!

4lott
09-25-2009, 12:06 AM
Quantum, where on the AFX site did you find these? I only see the full wave asst.

Quantum
09-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Got them at the actual show last weekend.

CTO15
10-18-2009, 07:31 PM
does anybody have a source for DCUC 10?

Quantum
10-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I wish dude. I've got someone in the states looking for me, but it seems right now, the word all around is that the warehouse is empty of wave 10 and more are rolling in around the 28th of this month. It's a waiting game right now.

CTO15
10-18-2009, 10:00 PM
man I hope so. i also have someone looking for me, but it would be nice to have another source, cuz he lives in NYC. We'll see if he can get lucky

CTO15
10-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Jebus, I was trying to set up a trade with a guy from the fwoosh for the Power Girl and Batman from Wave 10. And he wanted both the Azrael/Batgirl and Mongul/Cyborg Sups for them.

$76 for $25 figs. No thanks. I might as well go to ebay.

SPLIT LIP
10-19-2009, 09:27 AM
I was lucky enough to score a Joker from a board member on TFW. After shipping it was $35 (since he's in the US) but it was way better than what I've seen ebay prices at.

Quantum
10-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Well, let's hope the rumors are true and more will be making their way out at the end of the month.

I gotta be honest, it's all about Beast Boy.

Then Joker and Man-bat.

Then Power Girl since I've already got her pre-ordered from BBTS. If I get her, per-order cancelled.

SPLIT LIP
10-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Plus, she's getting reissued, so if you miss out, there's still another chance.

There's talks of another Joker getting released in the distant future of this line. Not a straight reissue. Maybe a question retool?

CTO15
10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
But when PG gets reissued, will she come with the imperiex CnC piece?

All I know is that I want the whole wave, the whole wave looks amazing to me

SPLIT LIP
10-19-2009, 04:03 PM
But when PG gets reissued, will she come with the imperiex CnC piece?Well, of course not. But some people just want the figure, so it's good news for them.

pud333
10-24-2009, 11:32 PM
So I'm wondering if anyone has seen the Clayface/Batman pack in Canada yet? Because I just saw it at TRU today in Coquitlam. $32.99. Along with the Superman/braniac pack. I don't collect these, but I had the girl bring one down for me and the Clayface figure looks really badass. The Batman's paint apps sucked, but whatever. Anyone else see this and what do people think of it? The reason I ask, is because I'm thinking I might try my hand at 6" figures. This is the first figures so far that looked worthwhile to me.

Quantum
10-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Dude, get ready for the ride if you're gonna take the plunge! These figs are so cool you'll get hooked. I held off for a long time, but once I got a couple, it became an all consuming, all encompassing hunt for the past figs I wanted.

Clayface is awesome. I've got one coming from the DC Superheroes line (same sculpt). I can't wait for it to arrive. It looks so cool, I'm excited to get it out of the packaging and actually check it out.

As for the Batman in the pack, I wasn't really a fan of the the clay stains on him, nor am I a big fan of the yellow symbol (I prefer the classic black vs. black and yellow). However, the sculpt is awesome. They are releasing pretty much the same sculpt without the clay stains in wave 11 I believe, and a superman without red eyes, if those things matter to you (the single releases of the Walmart Gotham 5-pack Superman and Batman). If not, go for the 2-packs.

A warning about getting into DCUC: I'm not sure what it's like in your neck of the woods, but they're difficult to find in Ontario. No brick-and-mortar stores really carry them, so it's comic shops. I've also had to get the older popular figs off evil-bay. I would have to say though, without a doubt, however, that they are worth every penny of shipping!

The sculpts are absolutely fantastic. I bought Hawkman the other day, and I wasn't ever planning on getting him. I'm geeking out over the sculpt! It's so cool dude. So many of them. Ahhhhhhhhh!

Dude, they're awesome. :D

pud333
10-25-2009, 03:48 AM
The Clayface I had in my hands had an odd coloration to his right arm. It was lighter and duller looking. But that was probably just a one off. At any rate, he looked fantastic. As far as distribution, there's a handful at local TRU's, but yeah, mostly LCS.

Overall, I do like the sculpts. No poo-heads in sight. I'm just concerned about costs. I've already started to stretch my toy budget about as far as it will go, so we'll see. It all depends on whether I can take a break from certain toy lines.

Icetron
10-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Yeah TRUs around here actually keep stocking some waves. Is Power Girl worth tracking down? I was pretty disappointed with Wonder Woman, looks kinda boring. Artemis was better but still boring.

I may buy Batman and Joker if I ever see them at TRU and if they aren't scalped to death when they come out. I don't even know if we'll see them in anymore since I never see anyone buying the DCUC figs.

SPLIT LIP
10-25-2009, 11:53 AM
The wave Joker comes in is a Wal Mart exclusive, and Wal Mart Canada has dropped DCUC, so don't expect to find them here.

Icetron
10-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah if it's a WM Exclusive then we won't get it here, that's a shame.

SPLIT LIP
10-25-2009, 04:36 PM
A damn shame.

Matty collector did say that they were going to release more Jokers in the distant future, but they've said a lot of things.:rolleyes:

10incher
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Made a weekend trip to Grand Forks & Fargo ND and checked out the Walmarts for wave 10 DCUC figs. Nothing to be found. Even asked one worker who said they don't currently have anything in stock or on order from the line, but maybe in January :confused:

Quantum
10-29-2009, 08:43 PM
So I totally got hooked up by a gracious TFW member and he's got a Power Girl, Beast Boy, Man-Bat and Joker for me! Just gotta give him payment and wait for the postal service to do the rest!

Yahoo!

CTO15
10-30-2009, 01:28 AM
So I totally got hooked up by a gracious TFW member and he's got a Power Girl, Beast Boy, Man-Bat and Joker for me! Just gotta give him payment and wait for the postal service to do the rest!

Yahoo!

you lucky bugger! congrats

hopefully if Mattel wasn't lying, we'll see a huge influx of Wave 10 in the upcoming month

Quantum
10-30-2009, 04:21 PM
So here's what I've accomplished in the last 5 weeks since I bought my first DCUC. Sorry for the grainy/blurry pics: taken with my iPhone. I'll take better pics with a real camera when my wave 10'ers get here, and my Solomon Grundy.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0313.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0315.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0323.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0321.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0320.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0322.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0316.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0317.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Quantumus_Prime/IMG_0319.jpg

4lott
10-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Five weeks? I'm impressed. Nice collection.

CTO15
10-30-2009, 09:38 PM
yeah no kidding. Thats crazy dude. Good job!

Super_Megatron
10-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Quantum, where'd you get them all? Online or locally?

Quantum
10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Quantum, where'd you get them all? Online or locally?

Mostly online, but grabbed what I could at Silver Snail in T.O. Not many places carry them. TRU (mostly 2-packs), Big B has some older ones, but that's about it. Did a ton of ebay shopping over the last few weeks! :D

Quantum
11-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Five weeks? I'm impressed. Nice collection.

yeah no kidding. Thats crazy dude. Good job!

Thanks guys! I'm quite proud of it. Gotta say I love the Batman the most, followed I think by Aquaman/Flash, then Red Tornado. Though I do have to say, when I opened Hawkman, I totally geeked out. He's awesome!

And pud333, after opening Clayface, he's so worth it. He's amazing. His arms are actually soft rubber with wire in them to get clay-like-arm posing action! He's got some softer rubber bit as well as the hard plastic for the rest of his body, and the head sculpt is fantastic! Hollow, teeth on the inside of the top of his head - crazy! Highly recommend taking the plunge dude!

SPLIT LIP
11-01-2009, 01:02 PM
How much did the DCSH Batman set you back?

Quantum
11-01-2009, 03:47 PM
How much did the DCSH Batman set you back?

Well, to get it I had to buy a case of 6 figs (one Bats, one Catwoman, one Clayface, one Bruce to Bats, one Nightwing, one Joker). Worked out to about $43 bucks each shipped. I needed three of the six (Bats, Catwoman and Clayface, all of whom are awesome figs!), and figure I'll either try to sell the others at a show or give them to my son. Either way, I could use all six figs, so it was a good deal to me. It's the one good thing about getting into the game late.

I bought a set of wave 2 that had Red and Blue Supes as well as Short and long-haired Aquamans. Got it for $130 shipped, which worked out to about to about $19 apiece, which is pretty good.

SPLIT LIP
11-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I posted these pics on TFW, thought I might as well post 'em here. I love Joker, and any Batman fans or fans of Joker should get him. Prices are going down online, so you could probably get him for cheaper than I got him.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/009-37.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/010-34.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/011-29.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/012-28.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/013-28.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/014-23.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/015-21.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/016-21.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/017-18.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/018-22.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/019-20.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/020-14.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/021-9.jpg

CTO15
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
i like the cloth cape on Batman! Man I need to find a joker

Quantum
11-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Snagged a Color of Fear set today!

Lofi_Power_Droid
11-18-2009, 12:29 AM
If you live near a TRU (in Canada) then tomorrow the single DCUC figures go down to $9.98. The Infinite heroes line also go on clearance, 4.98 and 14.98 I believe. The DCUC 2-packs won't be going down soon though as stores just received the Brain/Supes and Clay/Bats sets. There are more sets on order as well for the 2-pack, here are fingers crossed for an erly release of Supergirl and Lex.

CTO15
11-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, 9.98 for DCUC!?! That's a great price. Too bad TRU is still sruck at wave 7

lars573
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Which is the point of the discount. My TRU only has a peg or two for DCUC and they're full of Mr. Miracles and Dr. Impossibles.

CTO15
11-19-2009, 12:13 AM
but does that mean, its to move the peg-warmers? or to clear out the DCUC because they are no-longer carrying the line?

I hope it's not the latter, b/c that would be a stupid move on their part

Benzo
11-21-2009, 12:51 PM
got my shipping notice for my Color of Fear set this morning! can't wait to get this!

MisBio12
11-21-2009, 02:18 PM
just got green latern hal jordon an amazing figure

adriantripod
11-21-2009, 06:20 PM
No 25% off for DCUC at my nearest Ottawa TRU - but I guess it doesn't matter as they only have three Mr. Miracles...

Lofi_Power_Droid
11-21-2009, 10:03 PM
No 25% off for DCUC at my nearest Ottawa TRU - but I guess it doesn't matter as they only have three Mr. Miracles...

25% off? This is nation-wide markdown. Maybe they forgot to put up the signs or price them correct. Did you try scanning them?

Prowl_2009
11-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I just recently got hooked up and snagged a DCUC Wave 10 Batman and I got to say, I love this figure! :D Yeah, I know it's simply a repaint of every other DCUC Batman, but this one just plain works! I love the paint apps on this figure, reminds me of Michael Keaton's interpretation of the Dark Knight from 1989! Funny thing though, I got hooked up and got one of these and than Mattel announces the latest DCUC wave will see a worldwide release. :p

Quantum
11-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Just got 10 Whippy Superpose stands for my figs. 10 of my flyers are no longer grounded! Yay!

Prowl_2009
12-01-2009, 05:08 PM
I hear Toys R Us has stocked up on the Batgirl/Azrael two-packs as well as the new Batman/Clay Face packs, so I am going hunting this evening! :D

Benzo
12-08-2009, 11:40 PM
anyone in Canada get their Color of Fear set from Mattycollector.com yet? the 20 day mark since mine shipped is fast approaching and waiting for this really sucks :(

CTO15
12-09-2009, 07:06 AM
haven't received mine yet :(

Lofi_Power_Droid
12-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Nor I. I was getting a little worried myself, but as long as I am not the only one still waiting I will take it as a good sign. The waiting sucks.

Looks like we will be ordering the next exclusive before we receive this one if we have to wait much longer.

Quantum
12-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Haven't gotten mine yet either. 2 says to go until the 20 mark. I think next time I will pay for the fast shipping.

Prowl_2009
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Maybe it's been posted on the site already, but I've never come across it: When is Wave 11 of DCUC being released here in Canada? I am itching to get my hands on both Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Batman!!! :D

CTO15
12-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Maybe it's been posted on the site already, but I've never come across it: When is Wave 11 of DCUC being released here in Canada? I am itching to get my hands on both Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Batman!!! :D

retail?

cuz if you're looking for retail, um never :(

bambam
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
When is Wave 11 of DCUC being released here in Canada?
Wait and see if TRU keeps pegs for DCUC singles after their January reset. If they do, we may have a chance, but they still may skip it and move right to Wave 12. It seems TRU has not improved from their previous DCSH mistakes: ordered heavy on the year's early waves, and ordered none in the year's 2nd half. I think the only reason TRU got cases of the recent 2packs is the guarantee of Batman and Superman.

jourdo
12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
anyone in Canada get their Color of Fear set from Mattycollector.com yet? the 20 day mark since mine shipped is fast approaching and waiting for this really sucks :(

It is WAY too early to be worrying yet. I know my Hordak's took well over a month to arrive.

But yes, I'm in the group that did not get anything yet with regards to my Sinestro Corps members.

Prowl_2009
12-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Wait and see if TRU keeps pegs for DCUC singles after their January reset. If they do, we may have a chance, but they still may skip it and move right to Wave 12. It seems TRU has not improved from their previous DCSH mistakes: ordered heavy on the year's early waves, and ordered none in the year's 2nd half. I think the only reason TRU got cases of the recent 2packs is the guarantee of Batman and Superman.

Well, there is always eBay I guess. :p

bambam
12-10-2009, 04:14 PM
It is WAY too early to be worrying yet. I know my Hordak's took well over a month to arrive.

But yes, I'm in the group that did not get anything yet with regards to my Sinestro Corps members.
Jourdo is right. It can take up to 5 weeks to arrive if it gets held up at Customs. That's what happened to my last package from Matty. I'm expecting a slow, long wait again for my SinCorps 2pack because of the holiday onslaught at the postal services.

Prowl_2009
12-10-2009, 05:32 PM
retail?

cuz if you're looking for retail, um never :(

Well that just plain sucks. :(

Quantum
12-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Anyone got a spare Metamorpho right arm with attachment?

pud333
01-05-2010, 01:45 AM
So I just bought my first few DCUC figures, Superman, John Stewart and Flash. I opened Superman. Not sure how I feel about it. He's awesome, don't get me wrong, but I don't know if I want to go balls-out and buy the full line. Might just stick to Superman and Batman since those are my two favorites of all time. I'm just not used to the larger figures. Superman looks odd sitting on my shelf, but that might just be because he's lonely and needs company, haha. Still up in the air about this scale. Thinking about returning John Stewart and Flash...

Prowl_2009
01-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Better find yourself a Batman pud, so Superman doesn't get lonely and start searching for companionship with the wrong crowd! :D Metalo doesn't live by your place, does he? :p

CTO15
01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Well that just plain sucks. :(

looks like I came to put my foot in my mouth. I'm glad wave 11 came to retail. Now bring on wave 12!

Prowl_2009
01-05-2010, 03:16 PM
looks like I came to put my foot in my mouth. I'm glad wave 11 came to retail. Now bring on wave 12!

Ah well, we all make mistakes. ;) I am hoping to get my hands on Bats and John Stewart tomorrow. :D

Yes. I hope Wave 12 hits retail! :D

CTO15
01-05-2010, 07:34 PM
anybody get their color of fear set yet? Still have yet to get mine, and I made 2 separate orders!

Quantum
01-07-2010, 07:14 PM
I just got mine a couple of days ago, shipped on Nov 20. So there's hope: they'll probably get to you this week.

pud: Give 'em a chance dude. Open up Flash (he's just perfect). John Stewart is awesome too, but if you're going to be really picky with the line (which was what I originally intended), you may want to grab a Hal.

I would suggest, at the very least, the original 7 JLA. Bats is pretty easy to find right now, and Wonder Woman shouldn't be that hard to find at a LCS. Aquaman's coming in a few months in a 2-pack with Black Manta (Walmart exclusive pack, but shouldn't be hard to secure). We're all still waiting for J'onn, but he should be coming this year. Hal may be tricky to find with all the Lantern love going on right now, but you never know. I found a Hal/Abin Sur 2-pack last month at TRU, and they've been gone for ages.

That was my original intention. Obviously plans changed for me when I opened them up.

Oh, and the other Walmart 2-pack is a Batman (classic black bat-symbol) and Robin (classic Tim Drake). So if you love Bats without the yellow, then you may want to wait that one out.

Or, take them back.

But you'll regreeeeeeeeeeeeeet iiiiiiiiiiiiiittt.

pud333
01-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Quantum, you bastard. I hate you. So I opened them all up and you're right, they're pretty darned cool. I guess I was so apprehensive about keeping them because I didn't want to spend more money on a new line, and they look out of sorts with my collection, which is primarily a lot smaller scale. But I need a new shelf anyway, so they'll probably occupy their own section. My favorite scale is still the 3.75", but I can't deny how amazing the sculpts are. Superman is perfect, IMO.

I found some pictures of that walmart 2 pack. Definitely going to get that. I prefer the simple black bat logo. I'll have to be super picky. This means just the original JLA, and Batman's rogue gallery.

What clinched it for me was taking this picture. These toys work so well with the stands I got. I knew I had to keep them after that.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k176/politik1/P1050119.jpg

Quantum
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah dude! Corruption!

I got some stands similar to yours and they take the figs to a whole new level!

As for JLA and Bat-rogues: that's a good idea. There're enough Bat-rogues out that it should keep it interesting. There are also some important Rogues who havenot been done yet, so something to look forward to as well. They're releasing Joker again in an upcoming wave, so don't worry about him being Walmart exclusive to the states right now. Harley is gonna be hard to
score, cause she was released awhile ago. I hope they re-release her.

I'm still trying to figure out if I want Killer Moth. H looks pretty cool for an out of left field character choice.

Prowl_2009
01-08-2010, 10:44 AM
^^ Riddler isn't going to be easy to track down either. :p

Killer Moth is pretty neat Quantum and let me tell you, the figure just...works. Everything about it is just right and it's nice to have a rather obscure Batman villain in the Rogue's Gallery if you ask me and I certainly hope more 'left-fielders' like Firefly and more known characters like Scarecrow find their way into the DCUC line! :D

Quantum
01-08-2010, 12:33 PM
^^ Riddler may not be that hard. Rumor is Matty is going to do a wave 5 box-set to make them available. No C&C Metallo, but Black Lightning, Eradicator, Amazo, Atom, and Riddler may be available to us all at some point. Not sure when exactly, or if it is written in stone, but it's floating around that it'll happen.

And yeah, the more I think about it, the more I need Killer Moth in my collection.

Prowl_2009
01-08-2010, 02:48 PM
^^ Rerelease of Riddler!!! :eek: Oh man, I want that to happen!!! :D He's a must have for the Rogue's Gallery and the best sculpt, I found, came from Mattel!!! :D

I hope it happens and if so, soon! :D

And yeah Quantum, you need Killer Moth! :)

pud333
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
They're releasing Joker again in an upcoming wave, so don't worry about him being Walmart exclusive to the states right now. Harley is gonna be hard to
score, cause she was released awhile ago. I hope they re-release her.

Joker looks awesome, from what I see online. He looks like a figure that would be a jem in the collection. And I definitely gotta get Harley.

Can anyone confirm to me if TRU will be carrying this line completely now? I recally only a few figures showing up sparadically over the last year or two (I dunno, maybe I just didn't notice them before), but it looks like with this latest wave, they're carrying this full-on.

Icetron
01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
^ Not really sure about that but really surprised to see that they've jumped straight to stocking RECENT waves. The figs are selling pretty well too so hopefully they'll continue even though I may not be collecting this line anyways lol.

Quantum
01-08-2010, 05:02 PM
I can't say for sure, but I'm thinking they're going to go full-bore on this line now. It's one of the hottest lines out there right now, so I imagine we'll see more of them in Canada now.

Anyone seen them at Walmart or Zellers yet?

Prowl_2009
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
^^ Nope, just strictly at Toys R Us.

lars573
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Can anyone confirm to me if TRU will be carrying this line completely now? I recally only a few figures showing up sparadically over the last year or two (I dunno, maybe I just didn't notice them before), but it looks like with this latest wave, they're carrying this full-on.
TRU was carrying it completely before with wave 6 and 7. It's just that not all the figures come in one case. To get a full set of wave 6 an 7 you needed to have access to both case assortments. And even then some of the CnC figures are 1 to a case. That's why you never saw Captain Marvel, Killer Moth, or camo Aquamna much. 1 to a case the lot of them. I was lucky to get Killer Moth, and had to resort to forum buying for the other 2. The case ratio's are also why you had so many Captain cold's and mullet Superman's they came 2 to a case.

CTO15
01-18-2010, 01:47 PM
so looks like after talking to mattel, it looks like they are resending me my order. So hopefully in a timely manner, I'l get my 3 CoF sets and my JLU Doom Patrol/Shazam Family sets.
I'm happy now.

Prowl_2009
01-24-2010, 11:40 AM
TRU was carrying it completely before with wave 6 and 7. It's just that not all the figures come in one case. To get a full set of wave 6 an 7 you needed to have access to both case assortments. And even then some of the CnC figures are 1 to a case. That's why you never saw Captain Marvel, Killer Moth, or camo Aquamna much. 1 to a case the lot of them. I was lucky to get Killer Moth, and had to resort to forum buying for the other 2. The case ratio's are also why you had so many Captain cold's and mullet Superman's they came 2 to a case.

LOL, don't remind me. My Toys R Us had mullet Superman as far as the eye could see! Never had the chance to grab Killer Moth or Captain Cold, the two pieces I really wanted. :rolleyes: A buddy of mine who works at the Newmarket Toys R Us in the Upper Canada Mall even told me employees were taking the ones they wanted from out of the case before they stocked the shelves on several occasions. :mad:

Quantum
02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
The Fwoosh has pics of wave 14 posted. Correction, someone posted links to pics of the wave. It's fraggin' amazing!

Prowl_2009
02-07-2010, 11:56 AM
^^ You got a hyperlink, Quantum? I can't seem to find anything.

Gary744
02-07-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=61392&start=1245

:)

Benzo
02-07-2010, 03:14 PM
I sooo want Alan Scott!!

Quantum
02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Crap. Wally exclusive wave. Crap.

Prowl_2009
02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I'll take Alan Scott and Zatana please and thanks! :D

Thanks for the link, Quantum! :D

MisBio12
02-07-2010, 08:13 PM
i double that quatam for crap its a wal mart exclusive

Prowl_2009
02-08-2010, 10:44 AM
One that will, like Wave 10, be exclusive to US Wal-Marts, regardless of what Mattel claims. :rolleyes:

Autobot Prime
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
!!!!!!!!annataZ tnaw I

Prowl_2009
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
^^ LOL, something tells me you want Zatanna, Prime. :p

Autobot Prime
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
^^ LOL, something tells me you want Zatanna, Prime. :p

lololzzzzz!! ya! :D:D

Prowl_2009
02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Like Wave 13, this line only really features one figure I want, Alan Scott and that, like Wave 13 Copperhead, is a maybe for me. :rolleyes:

Quantum
02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Copperhead's wave 12.

And you call yourself a dork.

Prowl_2009
02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Oops, my bad! :p I hit the wrong key. :D I meant Wave 12 Copperhead. :) Either way, I stand by my previous statement! :D There are older DCUC figures I want beforehand.

Benzo
02-15-2010, 11:55 AM
omg! they are making a Green Lantern 5 pack!!! with Hal Jordon, John Stewart, Guy Garner, Tomar Re and Sinestro as a Green Lantern!!! what sucks is that it's another walmart exclusive!!! :mad: hope you can get this through Mattycollector.

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-mattel-dc-universe-classics-update

Prowl_2009
02-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Heard about this last night and man, am I ever excited! :D Again though, something tells me, just like Wave 10, these will be exclusive to the US Wal-Mart retailers and us collectors in Canada will, once again, get passed over. :mad:

Autobot Prime
02-15-2010, 01:30 PM
omg! they are making a Green Lantern 5 pack!!! with Hal Jordon, John Stewart, Guy Garner, Tomar Re and Sinestro as a Green Lantern!!! what sucks is that it's another walmart exclusive!!! :mad: hope you can get this through Mattycollector.

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-mattel-dc-universe-classics-update

:eek::eek::eek: Green lantern 5-pack!!!

also im all over that Lex & Supergirl 2-pack! Looks like it comes with the different color kryptonites! Just awesome!!!!! :D:D

Autobot Prime
02-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Want!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/pvgarcia/DC%20stuff/DCUCZatanna.jpg

I just watched Smallville lastnight. Stupid typical storyline but Zatanna was in it and she was hot!!

Need!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/pvgarcia/DC%20stuff/DCUC2packlexandsgirl.jpg

Must have!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/pvgarcia/DC%20stuff/DCUniverseClassics13-Superboy.jpg

lars573
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
That Supergirl/Luthor two-pack isn't bad. But I already have Supergirl.

I'll be getting this one.
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/25038-4/Masters+of+the+Universe+Classics+-+DC+Universe+Classics+2-packs+02+_1024x1024_.jpg

And it's companion piece.
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/25034-4/Masters+of+the+Universe+Classics+-+DC+Universe+Classics+2-packs+01+_1024x1024_.jpg

Prowl_2009
02-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Zatanna for sure!!! :D I don't understand the purpose behind the MOTU and DCUC twin-packs though, it's a weird combo. :rolleyes:

lars573
02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
DC published the MOTU comic back in the day. An issue of DC comics presents even had a crossoever 'tween Supes and He-Man. Which is included with the Supes/He-Man pack. And He-Man and Skeletor's deco is based on their colouring in that issue.

-KG-
02-15-2010, 03:00 PM
There's so much awesomeness in that link...

Prowl_2009
02-15-2010, 04:42 PM
DC published the MOTU comic back in the day. An issue of DC comics presents even had a crossoever 'tween Supes and He-Man. Which is included with the Supes/He-Man pack. And He-Man and Skeletor's deco is based on their colouring in that issue.

Ah, see I don't follow the MOTU, so I had no idea. :D Thanks for clearing it up for me though. ;)

Autobot Prime
02-15-2010, 04:50 PM
That Supergirl/Luthor two-pack isn't bad. But I already have Supergirl.

I'll be getting this one.
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/25038-4/Masters+of+the+Universe+Classics+-+DC+Universe+Classics+2-packs+02+_1024x1024_.jpg

And it's companion piece.
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/25034-4/Masters+of+the+Universe+Classics+-+DC+Universe+Classics+2-packs+01+_1024x1024_.jpg

Ya it is a bit of a weird combo. But makes sense to get if a collector of both. Looks good in their packages.

I also noticed this Luthor comes with a gun but the supergirl 2 pack looks like he doesn't come with the gun??

Benzo
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Want!!

I just watched Smallville lastnight. Stupid typical storyline but Zatanna was in it and she was hot!!

yup, that's my reasoning for wanting her too :D

Prowl_2009
02-16-2010, 09:52 AM
LOL, I am guilty of that as well, but only partally. :p She was also in a few episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, by far the best DCAU cartoon ever concieved by man! :D

pud333
02-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Want!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/pvgarcia/DC%20stuff/DCUCZatanna.jpg

Need!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/pvgarcia/DC%20stuff/DCUC2packlexandsgirl.jpg

Yup. Consider those both bought. :) Mattel has been really disappointing me with their 3.75" line, so I am turning to DCUC for my DC fix. What do people think of Power Girl? I was thinking of picking one up on Ebay. I think she looks pretty good, but am a bit iffy about the head sculpt. Is there a better Power Girl out there that I should be looking for?

Prowl_2009
02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't mind the DCUC Power Girl. Think she looks pretty good actually and anything you get from DC Direct is just going to be a less articulated version that really isn't worth the money. I say stick with Mattel's version. ;)

Autobot Prime
02-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Yup. Consider those both bought. :) Mattel has been really disappointing me with their 3.75" line, so I am turning to DCUC for my DC fix. What do people think of Power Girl? I was thinking of picking one up on Ebay. I think she looks pretty good, but am a bit iffy about the head sculpt. Is there a better Power Girl out there that I should be looking for?

I don't mind the DCUC Power Girl. Think she looks pretty good actually and anything you get from DC Direct is just going to be a less articulated version that really isn't worth the money. I say stick with Mattel's version. ;)

Ya pud333, i agree with Prowl in saying to stick with DCUC Powergirl. I think she is THE best powergirl out right now. I own her (heehee) and she looks and poses great.
She is the only one of my female DCUC figs that doesn't need a stand or wall for support. Her flat feet and balanced mold helps with that.

Prowl_2009
02-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Yep, you won't find a superior product when it comes to 6" DC pieces than you will with Mattel's DCUC line, pud. Don't bother with anything else.

pud333
02-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Cool. Thanks for the input guys. It's getting really hard for me to be choosy with these figures. A lot of them look great. It's part of the reason why I dropped a couple other toy lines. Need more moolah for DCUC.

Prowl_2009
02-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I think you made the right choice, pud! When it comes to DC, you really aren't going to get anything better than what Mattel has. DC Direct is less articulated and costs more. :p

Quantum
02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Muahahahahahah! Pud has turned to the DCUC side!

Agreed with Prowl and Prime that Power Girl is awesomesauce. I need two more actually, for Black Canary and Zatanna leg mods. Her headsculpt looks much better in person too.

I would have to say good call on collecting this line dude. It is the best thing in toys out there right now. I just scored (still waiting for delivery) two-pack Batgirl, DCSH tech suit Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Scarecrow, and just received my DCUC Ares (fourth one, finally one where I freed his hips successfully) and Commander Steel. Also got wave 12 (Darkseid is freaking awesome!) and a complete Giganta. Also a Battle Cat to be a Beast Boy beast mode. Birthday haul.

These figs are so cool. And my flight stand count is now 31, with 10 of those stands you got on backorder. Totally addicted. Bring on more!

Prowl_2009
02-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Has anyone seen DCUC Wave 12 in stores yet? I am really looking to get my hands on the reissue Nightwing from this line. :confused:

Quantum
02-25-2010, 08:20 PM
I got mine from the Silver Snail, and they hadn't gotten the Nightwings yet. None of the WGSH, just the regular wave figs. I'm after a new Nightwing myself as I've heard the paint apps are much more consistent on the new one.

pud333
02-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Muahahahahahah! Pud has turned to the DCUC side!

You son of a bitch! :D Aw, this line is great. I'll definitely get Powergirl.

Just to let people know, I'm drunk as a skunk right now. Was at the bar and the Swedish women's hockey team was there. Damn, there are some good looking women on that team. Go Sweden! I mean, go Canada!

Quantum
02-26-2010, 11:15 AM
You son of a bitch! :D Aw, this line is great. I'll definitely get Powergirl.

Just to let people know, I'm drunk as a skunk right now. Was at the bar and the Swedish women's hockey team was there. Damn, there are some good looking women on that team. Go Sweden! I mean, go Canada!

You lucky bastich!

Prowl_2009
02-26-2010, 12:12 PM
I got mine from the Silver Snail, and they hadn't gotten the Nightwings yet. None of the WGSH, just the regular wave figs. I'm after a new Nightwing myself as I've heard the paint apps are much more consistent on the new one.

Heard the same. Hope to track one down soon.

Quantum
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
If I see one I'll let you know dude. Planning on using parts of my old Nightwing for another Lantern custom.

pud333
02-26-2010, 02:18 PM
You lucky bastich!

haha. They were very nice. When the team was leaving the bar, everyone gave them a nice round of applause. They didn't win a medal, but I think we gave them a good send off.

FlightWeaponAlpha
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen. ;)

Good for you for being a good host, my fellow Canucklehead!!

FWA

Prowl_2009
02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
If I see one I'll let you know dude. Planning on using parts of my old Nightwing for another Lantern custom.

Thanks Quantum! Really want one of those reissue Nightwings pretty badly. I'll keep my eyes open for you as well. ;)

Anyone see Wave 12 at any of the mass retailers like Wal-Mart or Toys R Us? :confused:

pud333
03-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Are the DC Superheroes line and DC Universe Classics the same line?

Prowl_2009
03-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Essentially yes, although the Superheroes line was changed to DC Universe Classics around 2007 I believe. Some of the figures from DCUC are repainted and slightly retooled versions of figures from the DCSH line.

pud333
03-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Gotcha. I've been looking at Ebay for various ways to beef up my DCUC collection without paying the typical $19.99 retail price, so maybe I'll look for some used DC Superheroes toys.

Autobot Prime
03-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Ya i hear you on that Pud. I love DCUC figs but not DCUC prices!
Im sure you can find alot of good deals on ebay.
You buy loose or MISB? im not selling, just curious.

pud333
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't mind loose so long as they are from other collectors: meaning complete and in good condition. I just ordered Power Girl from a seller on Ebay. Once I get some more funds, I think I'm gonna start hunting the boards for people looking to unload the toys they don't want. I think if DCUC were priced at the $14.99 pricepoint, they would sell better. Just looking from the point of view of what a parent would think, paying $19.99 + taxes for what amounts to a plastic doll doesn't seem that great. If they were priced better, I think it could solve Mattel's accessibility and sales problems, in that more toy stores would be willing to carry more than just the one-off wave here and there. For collectors, going to the online shops or overpriced local comic shops is not financially viable for the longterm.

Prowl_2009
03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Gotcha. I've been looking at Ebay for various ways to beef up my DCUC collection without paying the typical $19.99 retail price, so maybe I'll look for some used DC Superheroes toys.

Good luck! They are usually more money than DCUC, well some of them anyway. I've been trying to hunt down Bane and Scarecrow for the longest time, but the price people want for these things is staggering. The last Scarecrow I watched went for $56 loose, but complete. :rolleyes: Now that is not to say you won't find some deals, just got to look around. ;)

Happy Hunting!

pud333
03-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah, some of the DCSH are expensive, I noticed. I figure most if not all will eventually see a re-release as DCUC, since Mattel seems to like doing that. I like this line, but I'm not fanatical about it. If I don't get certain figures, it's no biggie. Definitely not paying 50 bucks for a figure, haha.

Quantum
03-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Depends where you look too. I got a scarecrow for $25 MOC, but also paid more than twice that for a NYCC Mr. Freeze from some online shop. Found another with Scarecrow for $17 (neither price included shipping). I've spent $50-$60 on a couple of figs, but don't feel bad cause it's the only way to get some of them and I love these figs and characters that much.

I'll send you the links for the Scarecrow if you want Prowl.

Autobot Prime
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't mind loose so long as they are from other collectors: meaning complete and in good condition. I just ordered Power Girl from a seller on Ebay. Once I get some more funds, I think I'm gonna start hunting the boards for people looking to unload the toys they don't want. I think if DCUC were priced at the $14.99 pricepoint, they would sell better. Just looking from the point of view of what a parent would think, paying $19.99 + taxes for what amounts to a plastic doll doesn't seem that great. If they were priced better, I think it could solve Mattel's accessibility and sales problems, in that more toy stores would be willing to carry more than just the one-off wave here and there. For collectors, going to the online shops or overpriced local comic shops is not financially viable for the longterm.

Ya only certain figs i don't mind getting loose even from other collectors. For the most part i prefer to pay the extra $$ for MISB.
And i totally agree with you on the overpricing and availability. Majority of the DCUC waves are in US. So i end up spending so much money not only on the figure itself but also for the S&H. And every hobby shop in Ontario is almost as expensive if not even more. to think that this line can easily go for $10 a pop at a US Walmart or TRU.
How do they expect me to support the Canadian economy with my action figure shopping??? lolzzz!!!

pud333
03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
No kidding, AP. Comic shops here normally charge around $24.99 for DCUC. I understand they need to make money, and their pricepoint is higher, but I just can't afford that.

Quantum
03-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Yup, that's what I pay. I've been trying to get enough to trade at my comic shop for DCUC cause then I don't pay tax on the figs. Every little bit helps given I'm gonna have to drop almost $200 on wave 13. But what're you gonna do? And now that the price has gone up so much down south (17 bucks at TRU, $15 at Wally), it's not really much cheaper to buy US retail and get them shipped. Ordering straight from Matty may end up being the cheapest route. How interesting.

bambam
03-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Good luck! They are usually more money than DCUC, well some of them anyway. I've been trying to hunt down Bane and Scarecrow for the longest time, but the price people want for these things is staggering. The last Scarecrow I watched went for $56 loose, but complete. :rolleyes: Now that is not to say you won't find some deals, just got to look around. ;)

Happy Hunting!
Scarecrow?! Wow, I remember a lone Scarecrow collecting dust at a GTA Walmart for almost 2 years.

pud333
03-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Yup, that's what I pay. I've been trying to get enough to trade at my comic shop for DCUC cause then I don't pay tax on the figs. Every little bit helps given I'm gonna have to drop almost $200 on wave 13. But what're you gonna do? And now that the price has gone up so much down south (17 bucks at TRU, $15 at Wally), it's not really much cheaper to buy US retail and get them shipped. Ordering straight from Matty may end up being the cheapest route. How interesting.

Interesting indeed... I wouldn't mind ordering from Matty except for the clusterfuck of a website they have there every 15th when it basically gets nuked. I don't know how a company like Matty can justify having such a crappy site? I suppose so long as they keep selling out their units within the first day, they can keep their crappy site. - I guess I just answered my own question.

On another note, I just got a call from my boss and I got a HUGE raise!!!!! Unfortunately taxes eats a lot of that up, but that still means I have two choices: increase monthly payments to my mortgage, or increase my toy budget. heh. :D:cool::D You can probably guess where I'm leaning...

Prowl_2009
03-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I'll send you the links for the Scarecrow if you want Prowl.

Please and thank-you! :D I am dying to get my hands on Scarecrow! :cool:

Prowl_2009
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Scarecrow?! Wow, I remember a lone Scarecrow collecting dust at a GTA Walmart for almost 2 years.

No kidding? They flew off the shelves like mad here in the Newmarket area. :eek: Go figure, huh?

Prowl_2009
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Interesting indeed... I wouldn't mind ordering from Matty except for the clusterfuck of a website they have there every 15th when it basically gets nuked. I don't know how a company like Matty can justify having such a crappy site? I suppose so long as they keep selling out their units within the first day, they can keep their crappy site. - I guess I just answered my own question.

On another note, I just got a call from my boss and I got a HUGE raise!!!!! Unfortunately taxes eats a lot of that up, but that still means I have two choices: increase monthly payments to my mortgage, or increase my toy budget. heh. :D:cool::D You can probably guess where I'm leaning...

LOL....Mortgage? :p

Autobot Prime
03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
^^ is there enough to go half mortgage - half figures??.....oh hell with that...MORE FIGURES!!!!!! lolzzz!!!!

pud333
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
lol. Yeah, I could always go halfers. Though I suspect my gf would like me to save for a vacation she's been on me about. Whatever. I figure that's just another opportunity to go toy hunting in a different country, haha.

Edit: Thinking about getting Hawkgirl. Just wondering if there was any word on a possible version without the mask?

Prowl_2009
03-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Haven't heard anything, pud. But, the masked version is pretty sweet and I've only heard good things about her.

Quantum
03-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Congrats on the raise pud!!! That's awesome news, and I'm sure well-deserved dude.

As for what to do with it, I'd say put most of it on the mortgage, but up your toy budget by enough to get an extra coupla figs a month or two, if you swing it.

As for Hawkgirl, she's awesome. You may need to fix some warping in her legs, and it's quite difficult to get her to look anywhere but down. Some have done a modern variant and taken the hair off, but it apparently doesn't improve head artic very much. I suppose if you were so inclined you could dremel out some of her neck, as can be done with the figs with restricted neck artic (waves 10 and 11 i believe).

Either way she's a super-cool figure, and is pretty bad-ass.

Black Mask is almost done. a dull-coat and then glue on his tie and I'll be ready for the reveal. Most likely in a couple of days.

Prowl_2009
03-24-2010, 10:03 AM
^^ Can't wait to see it, Quantum! :cool:

pud333
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks dude. Yeah, definitely gonna get hawkgirl. As for my budget, i'm gonna try to swing it so I can get at least one or two more figures a month, which I think I should be able to, but we'll see. I just realized we have to start saving for our South America trip later this year, so I dunno...

Quantum
03-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Dude! Where in South America are you going? My wife and I spent our honeymoon backpacking through Equador and Peru for 5 1/2 weeks. It was so brilliant. You are going to love it down there!

pud333
03-25-2010, 01:14 AM
My gf and I are going with my buddy and his wife to Peru and Argentina. Most likely spend most of the time in Argentina. I plan on eating and drinking my way through the whole trip. Plus maybe pick up a toy or two if I come across anything interesting. We're gonna work out the details when my buddy is in town this weekend over a beer or two or dozen. I'll also take a Superman figure with me so I can pose him in various settings. Superman on top of Machu Picchu? Sounds cool to me! :p

On a side note, I've been rewatching the Superman animated series, and I think it would be cool if Matty released a DCUC business suit Lex + Mercy, his driver. It would probably only sell to collectors on Matty, but it would be sweet I think.

CTO15
03-25-2010, 09:15 AM
My gf and I are going with my buddy and his wife to Peru and Argentina. Most likely spend most of the time in Argentina. I plan on eating and drinking my way through the whole trip. Plus maybe pick up a toy or two if I come across anything interesting. We're gonna work out the details when my buddy is in town this weekend over a beer or two or dozen. I'll also take a Superman figure with me so I can pose him in various settings. Superman on top of Machu Picchu? Sounds cool to me! :p

On a side note, I've been rewatching the Superman animated series, and I think it would be cool if Matty released a DCUC business suit Lex + Mercy, his driver. It would probably only sell to collectors on Matty, but it would be sweet I think.

Thats awesome. I'm actually going to Peru, Argentina and Brazill this May with my GF. Looks like us Toy Geeks think alike lol