PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion Thread

Robimus
10-23-2009, 02:09 AM
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3214/spym.jpg

Discuss The Clone Wars: Senate Spy right here!

Tkim87
10-23-2009, 04:24 AM
Didnt really like this episode...no real reason, just thought it was boring.

pud333
10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
******** SPOILER ALERT! ***************

Didnt really like this episode...no real reason, just thought it was boring.

Neither did I. Sort of nothing there that progresses any story line other than telling us Anakin is a jealous mofo. I suppose they need to do stuff like this to keep everything in line with Anakin's progression into Darth Vader. Still, kinda felt bad for the traitor dude. He was lovesick and just wanted to make some dolla bills, y'all.

jacobot
10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
So take it the U.S./Grey market is an episode ahead?

pud333
10-23-2009, 02:46 PM
So take it the U.S./Grey market is an episode ahead?

Shit. I totally forgot the episodes I've been watching are a week ahead. Saw this last weekend. I have edited my post to include a spoiler warning. Sorry if I ruined it for you jacobot. :o

jacobot
10-23-2009, 02:53 PM
That's ok... Last season it was 3 shows ahead.

SPLIT LIP
10-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I liked this ep. So it didn't have action, it was still good.

JSon
10-23-2009, 05:32 PM
I liked getting a better understanding of what Anakin and Padme's relationship was actually like. Episode wasn't overly exciting but I didn't mind it. Though I am keeping a tally on how many times Padme needs a vaccine for something.

Robimus
10-29-2009, 12:21 AM
So I'm finally getting in some thoughts about this episode......wow, what a dismal effort. Simply the poorest episode to come out thus far. It's impossibly puddled with these notions about the Banking Clan and the Trade Federation not being a full part of the Seperatist forces being lead by Dooku.................unbelivable is the only word that comes to mind.

Obi-Wan spied on the very meeting where the leadership of the Corporate Alliance presumably signed a treaty with Dooku, now they are back with the Republic. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/30.gif

Not only is this series erasing parts of the EU from the timeline but the entire Geonosis arc from AOTC's as well. Great job http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/35.gif http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/6.gif

Yeah, somebody could write a story to explain all this, about how Obi-Wan forgot to report his findings to the Republic, about how the Jedi Order forgot to mention that Nute Gunray took part in an attempted exucution of a Republic Senator, how the Republic then declared war on the Seperatist Forces at Geonosis.........

The entire idea of the Clone Wars is tied up in these simple ideas, about how the Corporate Alliance lead Seperatist army was fighting against the Republic after Geonosis. It makes no sense that the creative team would look to muddle this in any way, shape or form..........

To quote Lott Dodd from Episode 1:

"This is outrageous, I object!" :p

lars573
10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Your assuming that the IG banking clan of Muunilist was the only one. It's entirely possible that there is another banking clan on Scipio. And the Corporate alliance is an organization of several mega-corps. It's also possible it's member companies split into seperatist and loyalist corporate alliances.

I mean there are huge investment banks in the member countries of the european union.

Or they just didn't give a s--t.

Robimus
10-29-2009, 01:22 PM
So you don't think its just a little confusing? See when stuff need to be explained away with retcons the like of "it was some other banking clan", it just muddles and confuses the story.

The EU needs to do things like that to fit with George Lucas's continuity changes, and I'm fine with that, but at this point The Clone Wars is Lucas's primary interest, we shouldn't need to be going that route

I mean the simple fact that Padme would jump on a shuttle and head out to Cato Nemodia is just as silly.

How many times did Nute Gunray try to kill her again? So she decides to jump on a ship and head to his planet, it defies logic to me.:p

lars573
10-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Cato Nemodia =/= trade federation. The clone wars is like if Microsoft, Bank of america, UPS, Michigan, and GM got together and built armies of killer robots and rebelled against the US governement.

Tkim87
10-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Cato Nemodia =/= trade federation. The clone wars is like if Microsoft, Bank of america, UPS, Michigan, and GM got together and built armies of killer robots and rebelled against the US governement.

not gonna lie, i'd watch that.

StarwarsTF
10-29-2009, 07:48 PM

Pls get the rights to that script you know Micheal Bay is reading.....wait who's looking over my shou.......NO....no............ LOL :p

Robimus
10-30-2009, 02:30 AM

Except they have representation in the Senate and after they start the war the Republic is now OK with them maintaining those Senate positions;)

In any case Dave Filoni mentioned that both the Trade Federation and the IGBC are still both members of the Republic during this episode in an interview....Just to add to the fun.:D

lars573
10-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah so, Senators represent sectors and planets.

Robimus
10-30-2009, 11:30 PM
And wasn't Lott Dodd represented in the Senate as the "Honorable Member of the Trade Federation" in Episode 1?

Why would the Trade Federation have a voice in Senate debates? I dunno, thus I ask. Cato Nemiodia and the Trade Federation seem interchangable to me, thus I question why they would maintain a voice in the Senate after war has clearly been initiated.:confused:

lars573
10-31-2009, 12:45 AM
It's never going to make total sense. Not without some kind of continuity oversight. Also the currency of the CIS and Republic is backed by the IG banking clan too.