PDA

View Full Version : Are you a bust kind of guy?

jourdo
01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
... or do you prefer your merchandise to have articulation?

I've seen some really good busts/maquettes/etc. out there, but really cannot justify the purchase. I need to be able to move the arms & legs for it to me worth while.

Hell, the one Macfarlane Sports Pick I grabbed was a borderline purchase for me. If it had not been Kipper, I would have passed.

How about you?

Super_Megatron
01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Can't get into busts. When the first TF busts were released I picked them up, but then got rid of them. Statues I don't mind as the entire body is there. I actually like the look at of well detailed statues.

Robimus
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Busts themselves not so much, but I did get into the Gentle Giant Bust Ups mini's a bit for Star Wars.

ANDROID PRIME
01-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Ive never purchased a bust before. but I do enjoy making them. check out the art section to see what I mean.

klown23
01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
I like when they are articulated, but not too much. (TDK movie masters articulations are the best onles I'd say)

Sometimes, there so much articulation on a figure that it almost looks crappy (like ML superposable spider-man... one of the best spidey figure, but you can see all the joint and such)

On the one hand, I recently bought a Movie Maniacs Terminator (T-800... The Arnold Schwatzy type). The guy is almost a bust (or statue should I say) Can only move Head and wrists, so it's not what I call posable enough...

GMfan101
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Busts = no movement = one position = one good paperweight

paaaass :P

The fact that they are generally expensive as well and rarely feature the full character looses my interest. There was an Ultra Magnus one I was considering but even he couldn't convince me...and if Ultra Magnus can't convince me to buy a bust...no one can :P

Team Jetfire
02-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I like my figures to move, not sure why though...mine just stay on my shelves and don't move...

Batman
03-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I like some busts, but don't really like paying $50 + for them. I have quite a few Hard Hero TF ones because I was able to get them for dirt cheap (I got Devastator for $20). The only non TF one I have is Batgirl.