PDA

View Full Version : Mattel November Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

Super_Megatron
11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
AFN: Will Canada see the release of the Walmart exclusive DC Universe Classics Wave 10 or Gotham City Five Pack?
Mattel: Wave 10 will be available at Wal-Marts around the world.

AFN: Since Target stores do not exist in Canada will you be making the exclusives that are sold there available to any other Canadian retailers?
Mattel: At this time JLU at retail is exclusive to Target stores world wide.

AFN: Will Canada see the release of DC Universe Classics Toys "R" Us Exclusive Two-Packs?
Mattel: The TRU packs will also be available through select online retailers.

AFN: Will Canada see the release of the Batman/Superman Public Enemies toy line?
Mattel: This line is only available at Target. If you live close to a Target you can find them in the toy aisle.

AFN: What Canadian retailers can we expect to see carrying Mattel action figures moving forward?
Mattel: With the exception of customized items (like the Public Enemies line) all Mattel products are available to any Mattel retailer.

If you have a question you would like to ask Mattel, you can submit them in this thread (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3066).

Icetron
11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm happy about the first answer, hopefully I can get those figs!

pandaprime
11-18-2009, 03:23 PM
so the last answer means any store carrying Barbie and Hot Wheels could possibly bring in all the figures in question?

Rogue_Optimus
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't know about you guys, but the large majority of the answers sounds like no, no and more no

VIT
11-18-2009, 06:11 PM
i havent seen dcu in walmart since the 1st or 2nd wave of the original dcu line before they changed the name to dcuc.
so dont expect them to start getting exlusives
the answer for #2 is such BS
what they dont know target doesn't exist outside of the US? idiots
mattel is worse than hasbro at these Q&A's
i wish i could get that gotham 5 pack but tru prices are ridiculous. what's that going to cost? a 2 pack costs $35+ after tax.

Matrix_Holder
11-18-2009, 06:33 PM
hasbro and mattel really don't like Canada do they. They treat us like "their girlfriends little brother" that they tolerate and give pittance to once and a while when she is looking, when shes not its all" do I know you?".

lars573
11-18-2009, 06:43 PM
i havent seen dcu in walmart since the 1st or 2nd wave of the original dcu line before they changed the name to dcuc.
so dont expect them to start getting exlusives
the answer for #2 is such BS
what they dont know target doesn't exist outside of the US? idiots
mattel is worse than hasbro at these Q&A's
i wish i could get that gotham 5 pack but tru prices are ridiculous. what's that going to cost? a 2 pack costs $35+ after tax.
While I'm not going to argue that Mattel's whole answer bot way of going about this Q&A game is BS. Techinically there are Targets outside the US. A company in Austrailia pays Target crop. in the US a license fee to use the name and bullseye symbol.

And on the Wal-Mart front. Wal-Mart operates under other retial names in more countries that it operates under the name Wal-Mart.

adriantripod
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Those are the worst answers in the history of answers.

But huge thanks and respect to AFN.ca for them!

CTO15
11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
^ Yup, thank-you.

DCUC is never going to be carried at Walmart. There goes that answer. (but if it does, thank god!!!!)

Eko123
11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
^ Yup, thank-you.

DCUC is never going to be carried at Walmart. There goes that answer. (but if it does, thank god!!!!)

Unfortunately that does seem to be the case. And I agree, these answers are BS.

I remember someone on the MattyCollector page on Facebook mentioned they had actually spoken to someone directly from Walmart Canada and was told that Walmart Canada has no intention of carrying the DCUC exclusives, much less the line itself.

Say what you will about Hasbro, but at least when my brother spoke directly to the Hasbro rep at the 6th Annual Canadian Action Figure Expo in Mississauga, Ontario back in September, the rep gave very specific answers as to what product was coming out here and what wasn't.

No ambiguous bot answers like this Mattel Q & A. Still, thanks to AFN.ca for providing this though.

Super_Megatron
11-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Lets try and keep the lines of communication open with Mattel; if you have a question you would like to ask Mattel, you can submit them in this thread (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3066).

adriantripod
11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Why don't we just re-submit the same questions as the last time, but this time ask them to answer them?;)

Ah, all right...I'll rack my brain and see if I can at least word some of mine differently. Maybe I sneak one past the goalie that way...

Bruticus82
11-19-2009, 08:13 PM
AFN: Since Target stores do not exist in Canada will you be making the exclusives that are sold there available to any other Canadian retailers?
Mattel: At this time JLU at retail is exclusive to Target stores world wide.

Maybe next time we can give them the example of Hasbro and Zellers, you know, just so they understand...

pud333
11-20-2009, 01:54 AM
There has been noticeable quality control issues with the DCIH Public Enemies figures (limbs snapping off, paint problems, etc). Considering the new articulation is being applied to newer releases (eg: Martian Manhunter), has Mattel taken steps to improve the quality of these figures?

Prowl_2009
11-28-2009, 12:20 PM
LOL, figures. :p I grab a DCUC Wave 10 Batman from the States and than this announcement is made. :p Oh well, live and learn as they say. Good thing I also grabbed the Public Enemies Batman, I figured those would stay exclusive to Target. :D