PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new clone body coming out?

SPLIT LIP
01-09-2010, 06:31 PM
For those not up to speed Clone Commander Stone (the senate commander from "Gungan General") will be seeign a figure release for Clone Wars, and he features a new, more accurate clone body.

Here's (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2009/TCW44stone2.jpg) a link to a nice big picture of Stone from Rebelscum.

And here's (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/Basic/05Clone/TCW-104.jpg) a picture from the same site of the old Clone trooper body for comparison.

The changes concern the helmet (which was actually changed as far back as wave 3, I believe) the torso, the upper and lower legs, the elbows, shoulders and feet. Basically he's an all-new figure. (actually, that's exactly what he is) I just wanted to see what other Clone Wars collectors thought about it.

Personally, I'm split. On the one hand, it's great to have a sculpt much more accurate, no, damn-near dead-on to what we've seen since Episode one of the awesome TV series, but on the other, all these clones I have are now goign to be blatantly inaccurate or at least substancially different when I start collecting these new clones.

So what about you guys?

Icetron
01-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I agree with your point, however personally I don't mind. I think they would still go well together... If they start redoing already-released chars, then that's when I'll get a big big headache.

JSon
01-09-2010, 09:37 PM
There's defiantly a difference, but for me it isn't huge. I will have no problem displaying these next to my current figures, I doubt I will even notice. They had better not go back and re-release all the olds ones with the new body though.

Also, most of my current clones don't fit together 100% anyways due mostly to changes to the helmets, the different styles of helmets and the way the visors are painted.

Prowl_2009
01-10-2010, 01:30 AM
I agree! There is a difference, but nothing all that huge and I really don`t think it`ll be all that noticable when they are displayed together.

I am actually really looking forward to the Commander Stone figures release here in Canada! :D

StarwarsTF
01-10-2010, 03:12 AM
He goes great with the set!

http://i49.tinypic.com/15ch5rl.jpg

Hes now beside a shot up clone!
http://i48.tinypic.com/kbskfq.jpg

Icetron
01-10-2010, 05:09 AM
^ How much did you get your Fox and Stone for?! :eek:

StarwarsTF
01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Zuffyprime from cybertron.ca picked up a couple of Fox's for me when they were at Target way back ($10 each) and I got stone off ebay for less than $12 (wrong description) :p

pud333
01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't mind the changes. I don't think it makes a huge difference really. He looks like he blends in well. I just wish they would add balljointed hips if they're going to go to the lengths of bothering to do a whole new sculpt.

Prowl_2009
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Can't wait to add Stone to my collection! New body or not, it's not noticable and he looks great!!! :D Think I'll put him right between my Target Exclusive Fox and Toys R Us Exclusive Ponds!!! :cool:

SPLIT LIP
01-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I have no doubts that he looks great, and I'm greatly looking forward to getting him so my Corusant troops can have a CO.

I do have a question for StarwarsTF: is the head sculpt on Stone the same head as Rex?

SPLIT LIP
01-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Wow, looking at pictures on the web it seems he is missing the ball-jointed ankles and wrists. Why?

Icetron
01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah from the pic you linked I noticed he was missing the wrist joint but I thought I was just seeing things... Can StarWarsTF confirm?

StarwarsTF
01-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Confirmed knee to foot one piece, wrist can turn 360 degrees though no ball joint. I will post a pic of the head sculpt later, for now off to work.

Prowl_2009
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Meh, I suppose I can live with that. :rolleyes:

SPLIT LIP
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Ugh, why in the bloody blue fuck would they get rid of those joints? If this does become the new base clone body I might actually pull back on or flat out stop collecting clones. It's hard enough getting a clone to hold a blaster properly with the extra wrist movement, plus now the only standing pose they can do is straight-legged. Doesn't matter if they have knees if they don't have ankles for the poses.

Thanks for info, though, StarwarsTF.

Prowl_2009
01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
^^ True.

Icetron
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Confirmed knee to foot one piece, wrist can turn 360 degrees though no ball joint. I will post a pic of the head sculpt later, for now off to work.

:(

I'll buy one and see how I feel, but I'm very disappointed now.

StarwarsTF
01-12-2010, 06:10 PM
So I cant get proper head shots for you guys but stone looks like an "old man" clone, tattoo on the back of his head and the 5 o'clock shadow!!! He is one of a kind!

Prowl_2009
01-13-2010, 12:34 AM
Sure sounds like a unique piece that I can't wait to add to my Clone Army, new body style or not. :p