PDA

View Full Version : AFA Grading

pud333
01-11-2010, 04:07 PM
So what do people think about AFA grading figures? I have a lot of MOC figures that are in amazing condition. I have thought about getting the figures graded, but to me it seems you would only do that if you intended on selling it at some point.

Personally, I have no intention to sell any of my MOC figures. I'm just wondering, is this worth doing?

Icetron
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Well you sort of just said it man, if you don't plan to sell it then it's probably not worth it. However, if the worth of your items REALLY matter to you and you have the extra money to spend on it (opposed to buying new figs :p) then maybe you should do it for the figs you really really like. I have one friend that only buys toys MOC and value matters to him even though he'll never sell any of them.

Personally I don't think I would ever AFA grade any of my MOC/MISB stuff unless it was extremely rare or known to be extremely fragile or something like that, but I might have opened it already anyways. :p

Super_Megatron
01-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I personally open all my toys so AFA doesn't really interest me. The only way I'd ever AFA is if I picked up a mint MIB collection and wanted to resell.

pud333
01-12-2010, 06:06 PM
I guess I did sort of answer my own question, haha. I am curious to see what kind of quality figures I have, but then, I don't really want to pay to have them graded. I guess that solves that one :)