PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else psyched for Smallville "Society" & " Legends"?

4lott
01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
The more screen captures and trailers I see for these episodes the more I can't wait for this event. I don't follow Smallville regularly, and I was somewhat disappointed by it's version of their JL but the costumes look amazing. Are there any other stations in Canada, other than Space on Sundays that air the show. Space seems somewhat behind.

pud333
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I stopped watching Smallville after the first season. I thought it was just... lame, even though I'm a huge Supes fan. However, I will be checking this out due to sheer curiosity.

Green Arrow and Dr. Fate look alright. Hawkman is... I don't know. The wings look terrible. And Stargirl looks like her mom dressed her for Halloween. I did a quick browse on Wikipedia as to what has happened on Smallville, but I had to stop because it was just so stupid. It's probably better when you watch it, but I just can't be bothered to go back and watch the seasons I missed. Still, I'll tune in for this.

4lott
01-14-2010, 07:20 PM
I was more impressed with images of the Sandman and the quick glimpse of the Golden Age GL's ring. You're not so far off on your evaluation of the series as a whole, pud. Every so often you get a cool episode, but more often than not the vshow is like Dawson's Creek meets the Superfriends.

pud333
01-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Well, that's good that I'm not missing anything. Sandman did seem pretty cool. I'm intrigued by what they might do. I think I'll be able to ignore the melodramatic stuff so long as they have some good superhero bits.

lars573
01-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I stopped watching Smallville after the first season. I thought it was just... lame, even though I'm a huge Supes fan. However, I will be checking this out due to sheer curiosity.

Green Arrow and Dr. Fate look alright. Hawkman is... I don't know. The wings look terrible. And Stargirl looks like her mom dressed her for Halloween. I did a quick browse on Wikipedia as to what has happened on Smallville, but I had to stop because it was just so stupid. It's probably better when you watch it, but I just can't be bothered to go back and watch the seasons I missed. Still, I'll tune in for this.
I like the show and watch it all the time, but it is just teen drama. You only need to watch a handful episodes. Just remember to take any resemblance to DC's New Earth continuity crumble it into a ball and toss it away and you'll be fine. Besides the society coming soon they've introduced 7 actual DCU heroes. I'll give you episodes character names and code names.

Season 4 ep. 5, "Run." Introduction of Bart Allen, Impulse.

Season 5 ep. 4, "Aqua." Introduction of Aurther Curry, Aquaman.

Season 5 ep. 15, "Cyborg." Introduction of Vic Stone, Cyborg.

Season 6 ep. 4, "Arrow." First time you see Oliver Queen as Green Arrow.

Season 6 ep. 11, "Justice." shows GA, Aquaman, Impluse, and Cyborg having formed the Justice League. With the character of Chloe acting like Oracle.

Season 6 ep. 12, "Labyrinth." Introduction of Martian Manhunter. They haven't shown his martian form/shapeshifting yet (too expensive I think). But it's implied that he has all the same powers as a comic green martian.

Season 7 ep. 2, "Kara." Introduction of Kara Zoe-El

Season 7 ep. 11 "Siren" Introduction of Dinah Lance, Black Canary

Also in Smallville Oliver Queen takes the place of Bruce Wayne. Which they were forbidden from using. Because Nolan convinced WB that there should only be one live action Batman at a time, his obviously. So they gave Oliver several personality traits you'd expect in Bruce. Mostly Bruce's ruthelesness, and "ends justify the means" mentality.

4lott
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I especially liked Black Canary's depiction, Bart's episode was decent too with several fan boy references. Cyborg was my least favorite character. There's also the episodes with John Jones, Oreo anyone?

pud333
01-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I like the show and watch it all the time, but it is just teen drama. You only need to watch a handful episodes. Just remember to take any resemblance to DC's New Earth continuity crumble it into a ball and toss it away and you'll be fine. Besides the society coming soon they've introduced 7 actual DCU heroes. I'll give you episodes character names and code names.

Season 4 ep. 5, "Run." Introduction of Bart Allen, Impulse.

Season 5 ep. 4, "Aqua." Introduction of Aurther Curry, Aquaman.

Season 5 ep. 15, "Cyborg." Introduction of Vic Stone, Cyborg.

Season 6 ep. 4, "Arrow." First time you see Oliver Queen as Green Arrow.

Season 6 ep. 11, "Justice." shows GA, Aquaman, Impluse, and Cyborg having formed the Justice League. With the character of Chloe acting like Oracle.

Season 6 ep. 12, "Labyrinth." Introduction of Martian Manhunter. They haven't shown his martian form/shapeshifting yet (too expensive I think). But it's implied that he has all the same powers as a comic green martian.

Season 7 ep. 2, "Kara." Introduction of Kara Zoe-El

Season 7 ep. 11 "Siren" Introduction of Dinah Lance, Black Canary

Also in Smallville Oliver Queen takes the place of Bruce Wayne. Which they were forbidden from using. Because Nolan convinced WB that there should only be one live action Batman at a time, his obviously. So they gave Oliver several personality traits you'd expect in Bruce. Mostly Bruce's ruthelesness, and "ends justify the means" mentality.

Cool, thanks! I'll check those episodes out.

As for Nolan's arguments for only having one live action Batman at a time, I understand why he thinks this, but really, I think people can separate Smallville Batman from Nolan's Batman. However, a liveaction justice league movie going on at the same time Nolan is doing his Batman, shouldn't be done I think, because it's one thing to have a tv Batman vs movie Batman, but two movie versions at the same time, despite clearly different philosophies, might dilute one or both versions. I also don't think a Justice League movie would be the same without Batman.

I'd like to see a live action Justice league after Nolan's done his third film (I think that would be his last. I haven't heard about anything else, but I think a trilogy would be best) and after Superman gets another shot at returning, just because the Singer film didn't live up to expectations. (Personally, I liked it, but I like anything Superman)

Sorry, got off topic a bit.

4lott
01-16-2010, 06:58 PM
If they really wanted to include Bruce ('cause he probably wouldn't have donned the cowl yet) they could have just have had a character named "Bruce" with monogrammed BW luggage or something pass through Smallville due to some "business" with Lex.

GMfan101
01-24-2010, 02:09 PM
I've loved Smallville since day one. Sure it's had it's ups and downs (what show hasn't?) but I'm really looking forward to it coming back.....fucking telethon bumping it's return....what did I have to look forward to on Friday!?!? NOTHING!

lars573
01-24-2010, 02:43 PM
If they really wanted to include Bruce ('cause he probably wouldn't have donned the cowl yet) they could have just have had a character named "Bruce" with monogrammed BW luggage or something pass through Smallville due to some "business" with Lex.
The big theory is that the season 3 character Adam Knight was going to be Bruce Wayne during his wandering teenage years. The week after Nolan big "my Batman is the only live action one" speech. They wrote him out as a Krytonite mutant and Lionel Luthor's creature.

pud333
03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Finally saw this yesterday. And... wow. Just... wow. I now remember why I stopped watching this show. It was just all so underwhelming. Dr. Fate looked good, but I have to say I laughed out loud for all the wrong reasons. I think it is best if I leave Smallville alone.

Prowl_2009
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
I liked Absolute Justice, it was the only episode of Smallville I have ever watched. I mean, I don't like Superman, and Smallville only cements that resolve for me, but I did like the inclusion of Dr. Fate, who looked great and, although Hawkman didn't look the greatest, Michael Shanks was born to play this version of Carter Hall. Still, think I, like pud, will be leaving Smallville alone for the most part.