PDA

View Full Version : TDK Movie Masters Batpod - Canadian Release?

-KG-
01-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if the TDK Movie Masters Batpod will be released in Canada? As I understand it it's a Target exclusive in the US. Using Transformers logic that would make it a Zellers exclusive up here. Question is, are we gonna get the short end of the stick again, or has someone found one at retail?

01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
i doubt it. it's been on clearance in Targets for months. i was lucky to grab one from the states.

CTO15
01-29-2009, 06:26 PM
yeah slim chance that we'll see it up hear. Maybe zellers will get it like next year

-KG-
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I didn't think we would get it, but since I'm in no rush to get it I'll just wait and see what happens. That or wait to find a deal online.

Batman
03-01-2009, 10:16 PM
If it came out here, I would get one, but I am not going to track it down online.

Trekie2
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone...new here....I got mine from the States...and I must say, it's awesome. Since Target is clearing them out you can find "non scalpers" on Evilbay that will let it go for you at about what cost was when it came out...that includes shipping.....I think I got mine delivered for about $22.00 Canadian. I hope that we also get Wave 2 of the MM figures and the Wave 2 of the Hot Wheels 1/50 diecast.

On another note anyone notice how expensive Zellers has become?

there_is_a_martens
04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Tell me about it! I shop in Winnipeg, and even when there's a Wal-Mart across the street, the prices are several dollars higher at Zellers. Plus, it seems Zellers is getting slack at restocking the shelves. Used to be able to go there and find things like Movie Masters and Marvel Legends that I couldn't find anywhere else, but now, nothing. And even when they wer on shelf, I wasn't about to pay 20 freakin dollars for a Legends King Hulk! Geez!

Prowl_2009
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
If it came out here, I would get one, but I am not going to track it down online.

I talked to a friend at Zellers last night and they told me the Movie Masters Batpod was a Target Exclusive that, like the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies toyline from late last year, will be kept exclusive to the States and will not see a release anywhere else.

Autobot Prime
02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone...new here....I got mine from the States...and I must say, it's awesome. Since Target is clearing them out you can find "non scalpers" on Evilbay that will let it go for you at about what cost was when it came out...that includes shipping.....I think I got mine delivered for about $22.00 Canadian. I hope that we also get Wave 2 of the MM figures and the Wave 2 of the Hot Wheels 1/50 diecast.

On another note anyone notice how expensive Zellers has become?

First off Welcome to AFN Trekie2!! :D
I knew i should have got one when i saw it cheap on ebay last year. I figured i'll just wait it out till it comes to Zellers. I guess not anymore! Dam these Target exclusives. Make it so difficult and pricey for us to get at this side of the border. :mad:

-KG-
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I talked to a friend at Zellers last night and they told me the Movie Masters Batpod was a Target Exclusive that, like the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies toyline from late last year, will be kept exclusive to the States and will not see a release anywhere else.

I bought one at TTT in Square One a few months ago for $19.99. They had lots. A couple of months later I went to TTT in the Eaton Centre and they had tons of them for $14.99:mad:! The last time I was in both stores they still had lots if anyone is looking for them.

Prowl_2009
02-03-2010, 10:54 AM
I never thought, nor have I been to for the longest time, about TTT. Might have to pop down there one of these days and grab one of them MM Batpods for myself.

Thanks for the heads-up, KG! :cool: