PDA

View Full Version : Gi Joe Classified Cobra Island Firefly, Major Bludd & Viper Released in Canada

Robimus
05-18-2021, 02:15 AM
Thanks to multiple reports, including AFN member Technorover85, we now know that the GI Joe Classified Firefly, Cobra Viper and Major Bludd have been released in Canada.

Initial sightings are coming in from Toys”R”Us stores in both British Columbia and Alberta.

Share what figures are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=19)

canprime
05-18-2021, 06:15 AM
Man this is going to be a @#$& show to get, unless TRU upper their order amounts.

Prime Sinister
05-28-2021, 04:24 PM
Now in Toronto.

Lord Scareglow
05-28-2021, 05:17 PM
Now in Toronto.

How did you get them may I ask? did you call a store and give them the SKU for pick up?

Masterpiece Man
05-28-2021, 07:52 PM
I have a Baroness/Coil I just picked up from TRU and would like to trade it for Major Bludd and either Firefly or a Viper.
My TRU here in BC had a case of Bludd come in and one guy lined up at store opening and bought the whole case. The cashier was new and it was too late when we complained.

PM me.

I’m usually active on the Cybertron boards if you need my feedback reviews.

Prime Sinister
05-28-2021, 08:03 PM
How did you get them may I ask? did you call a store and give them the SKU for pick up?

I called and ask what new GI Joes did they have. These are all listed under SKU 480773. Ask if they have Bludd. They will hold until end of day for pick up.

Lord Scareglow
05-28-2021, 08:20 PM
I called and ask what new GI Joes did they have. These are all listed under SKU 480773. Ask if they have Bludd. They will hold until end of day for pick up.

Ah cool, yeah what store may I ask?

athanato
05-28-2021, 10:52 PM
I called 3 times the past month and Don Mills doesn't pick up the phone so I gave up, are the stores getting spammed with calls and they no longer touch it?

EpicLumpia
05-28-2021, 10:57 PM
I called 3 times the past month and Don Mills doesn't pick up the phone so I gave up, are the stores getting spammed with calls and they no longer touch it?

Since the lockdown in Ontario I find that certain TRU stores are hard to reach by phone.

If they do pick up the phone don't be surprised if the employee sounds disgruntled since everyone calling in is asking about GI Joes.

Arishikage
05-28-2021, 11:35 PM
Since the lockdown in Ontario I find that certain TRU stores are hard to reach by phone.

If they do pick up the phone don't be surprised if the employee sounds disgruntled since everyone calling in is asking about GI Joes.

I'm gonna second that. I know when I've called in there have usually been others calling about it. Just be as direct and polite as you can, I'm sure they're finding out what demand is like for these in the most inconvenient way.

Prime Sinister
05-29-2021, 12:45 AM
Ah cool, yeah what store may I ask?

Dufferin Mall

athanato
05-29-2021, 09:38 PM

Don Mills use to be happy [during lock downs] to take orders over the phone and I have done it before to get Thrust, Runabout, Clamp Chop and Ramman. if they no longer like ppl asking them then they need to get HQ to change their policy for listing store inventory, if stores have less than 10 of an item they delete it from the web site or don't bother listing it, TRU does not want to sell their products and they wonder why Walmart and Amazon kill them in sales.

Prime Sinister
05-29-2021, 09:46 PM
My experience with Whitby Toys R Us:
Me: H-
Customer Service: WE HAVE NO GI JOES!!

philtastic
05-29-2021, 10:24 PM
My experience with Whitby Toys R Us:
Me: H-
Customer Service: WE HAVE NO GI JOES!!

:rofl:

Team Jetfire
05-30-2021, 12:10 AM
So how much did everyone pay for Bludd and Vipers at TRU? I just checked my receipt and I got them for 23.97 each. Was I just really lucky? I bought them the Tuesday before last.

Marvellegendsguy
05-30-2021, 12:19 AM
So how much did everyone pay for Bludd and Vipers at TRU? I just checked my receipt and I got them for 23.97 each. Was I just really lucky? I bought them the Tuesday before last.

I think you got an amazing deal, the only Major Bludds and Vipers available to me are $110 on Craigslist. Scalpers got a lot of them here I think. People here would gladly pay you $50 each for them plus shipping.

Prime Sinister
05-30-2021, 12:54 AM

$29.99 on Friday. Just missed the sale (ended Thursday), but not complaining.

usernameprime
05-30-2021, 09:13 AM
through a hasbro screw up and series of deals i managed to get the whole wave for $20, just waiting on bludd to land at my door now.

Predahank
05-30-2021, 10:13 AM
through a hasbro screw up and series of deals i managed to get the whole wave for $20, just waiting on bludd to land at my door now.

do tell

wesperino
05-30-2021, 10:55 AM
All the TRU locations near me know my voice and know what I’m looking for when I say hi. Been putting in the work to land these figures as well as flint and LJ. 5 new figures and 1 month is awesome but hurts my wallet.

usernameprime
05-30-2021, 03:46 PM
do tell

hasbro sent me a free baroness when it was a super hot ticket item so i scalped the shit out of it on ebay since i have one, those funds got me a scalped fly and viper with $10 extra. (don't ask how, it was a mistake on their part, tried getting the same deal for another boardie but it failed)

got a second baroness for a friend who tipped me $20 cause he is far but in the same time I was passing through although that was me sitting on the figure for a couple weeks before actually passing by.

Friend in the US found like 5 bludds on shelf and bought me one with the total after ship being $50.50 Canadian.

When it's all said and done I paid just under $20 for the 3. Just lots of foot work and a one time fluke.

Robimus
06-01-2021, 12:34 AM
I think some patience might pay off on these.

I’ve seen no less than 25 Baroness in the past few weeks in Winnipeg.

Hopefully the other exclusives will course correct like they have with her.

m.arndt
06-01-2021, 05:11 PM
I just hope some of these Cobra Island figures will show up in stock online. I’m nowhere near a TRU so I really need to rely on toysrus.ca to have a shot at any Cobra Island figures.
It’s been rather frustrating, I don’t intend on collecting them all, but Firefly and Major Bludd were two of my favourite Cobra figures as a kid and besides Flint, Beach Head was one of my favourite Joes, so I’d prefer to not miss out on them.
It feels like with the way that this line has been going, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if another popular character like regular Storm Shadow gets released as an exclusive too, while Crystal Ball will probably see a widespread release, lol….

canprime
06-01-2021, 05:21 PM
I just hope some of these Cobra Island figures will show up in stock online. I’m nowhere near a TRU so I really need to rely on toysrus.ca to have a shot at any Cobra Island figures.
It’s been rather frustrating, I don’t intend on collecting them all, but Firefly and Major Bludd were two of my favourite Cobra figures as a kid and besides Flint, Beach Head was one of my favourite Joes, so I’d prefer to not miss out on them.
It feels like with the way that this line has been going, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if another popular character like regular Storm Shadow gets released as an exclusive too, while Crystal Ball will probably see a widespread release, lol….

The rumour is that Barbecue and Dr. Mindbender are coming and at least Barbecue is a CI exclusive.

However this is "Yo Joe June" so Hasbro will be doing reveals and updates so I guess we will find out more sometime this month.

Marvellegendsguy
06-01-2021, 05:27 PM
The rumour is that Barbecue and Dr. Mindbender are coming and at least Barbecue is a CI exclusive.

However this is "Yo Joe June" so Hasbro will be doing reveals and updates so I guess we will find out more sometime this month.

Why do they keep making BBQ, I have never considered him a popular character, yet Hasbro shows him a lot of love. Why not like any of a million other better characters

Arishikage
06-01-2021, 07:01 PM
In case anyone missed it; Fan Friday happening on the 4th. Joe specific.

kentf
06-01-2021, 07:22 PM
I’m really hoping they announce CI figures will start to be available on the Partner Exclusives part of Hasbro Pulse in a consistent form.

Arishikage
06-01-2021, 07:26 PM
So do I. Actual preorders would be amazing!

Canukle
06-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Why do they keep making BBQ, I have never considered him a popular character, yet Hasbro shows him a lot of love. Why not like any of a million other better characters

Wouldn't mind a Dusty or Chuckles.

We've had an Alley Viper on the box art since day 1... Even that would be better than a Barbecue

usernameprime
06-01-2021, 11:38 PM
Im really loving this line, would love to see a trouble bubble on shelf one day

FLINT
06-18-2021, 10:14 AM

This is a very good question.

usernameprime
06-18-2021, 10:25 AM
waiting for the day we get a Tunnel Rat

Mudflap
06-18-2021, 11:38 AM
I think it's getting to the point where I will need to be more selective about what Classified figures I buy. It's getting expensive lol. Plus I collect other lines. The GI Joe (and Cobra) roster runs deep so there could be endless figures to come. And that's not even accounting for variants.

Arishikage
06-18-2021, 11:54 AM
I think it's getting to the point where I will need to be more selective about what Classified figures I buy. It's getting expensive lol. Plus I collect other lines. The GI Joe (and Cobra) roster runs deep so there could be endless figures to come. And that's not even accounting for variants.

I hear you on that. I can't even try to keep up with all the lines going these days, there's so much great product. I've been limiting myself to mostly just Classified and Star Wars Black series and I still already have preorders laid in until December.

I'm not even touching variants yet while there are fresh characters to prioritize (Cobra Commander is the exception here). That said, it's nice to see things moving along with both teams. Cobra has army builders, but the Joes were almost always individuals so nobody looks alike. I think I'm in for any that I can get for this line, even at the expense of other lines.

m.arndt
06-18-2021, 12:22 PM
I think it's getting to the point where I will need to be more selective about what Classified figures I buy…...
I’d like to get to that point, but being selective of what Classified figures I buy has been forced upon me, lol. Other than passing on Cobra Island Roadblock, I haven’t even seen another Cobra Island Classified regular figure available to purchase. I was lucky enough to finally get a Baroness w/COIL, but that’s it for a Cobra Island figure so far.
So this line has been pretty easy on my wallet since I haven’t had the chance to purchase a decent amount of the figures I do want to buy.

seancuthbertca
06-18-2021, 03:39 PM
I’d like to get to that point, but being selective of what Classified figures I buy has been forced upon me, lol. Other than passing on Cobra Island Roadblock, I haven’t even seen another Cobra Island Classified regular figure available to purchase. I was lucky enough to finally get a Baroness w/COIL, but that’s it for a Cobra Island figure so far.
So this line has been pretty easy on my wallet since I haven’t had the chance to purchase a decent amount of the figures I do want to buy.

Exactly, I bought all of the first wave and will be selling some of them eventually, I've lost interesting in some of those characters. And the subsequent waves have had abysmal distribution, with a couple of exceptions, so if I don't see them, I don't buy them. :)

athanato
06-19-2021, 11:34 AM
Exactly, I bought all of the first wave and will be selling some of them eventually, I've lost interesting in some of those characters. And the subsequent waves have had abysmal distribution, with a couple of exceptions, so if I don't see them, I don't buy them. :)

I've given up on the line and every other line where distribution is abysmal. If it's not on shelf I'm not getting it, these companies are only hurting their sales and reputations in the long run. The irony is that you can find them on the shelves in the US.

m.arndt
06-19-2021, 12:28 PM
There seems to be a lot of Major Bludds made this time based on pics of some Targets in the States. Hopefully that bodes well for TRUs here, but knowing our luck those extra Major Bludds aren’t the result of upping production, but might be Targets getting the bulk of the allotment that was supposed to go to Canadian TRUs…..

usernameprime
06-19-2021, 12:52 PM
many of these posts sound like the ramblings of a paranoid lunatic

Soundwave85
06-25-2021, 11:31 PM
many of these posts sound like the ramblings of a paranoid lunatic

You spelled "action figure collector" wrong lmao

BlackBeltJohnson
06-25-2021, 11:38 PM
You spelled "action figure collector" wrong lmaoBahahahaaaa :rofl::rofl: