PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars: Season 2: Episode 12 Discussion Thread

SPLIT LIP
01-27-2010, 12:15 PM
http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=812&stc=1&d=1264608885

It's the episode we've all been waiting for to kick off the most anticipated story-arc of the series: the Madalore Plot! What is the aforementioned plot? Could it involve the cloned Mandolorians? What's this babe got that makes Obi-wan blush like a school-boy? Find out Friday!

Robimus
01-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Here's a link to an interview by Jon Favreau(Pre Visla's Voice). Warning: Spoilers Within!

http://tv.yahoo.com/star-wars-the-cl...ideos/17764290 (http://tv.yahoo.com/star-wars-the-clone-wars/show/38472/videos/17764290)

Prowl_2009
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I read that Jon Favreau was playing Vizsla in the Mandalorian episodes yesterday in Star Wars Insider and I must admit I was floored! But, watching all the clips and this interview have seriously wet my appitite for what is in store this Friday!!! :D

JSon
01-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Favreau tweeted about his role last week, been super stoked ever since. I'm curious to see fan reactions concerning the inclusion of the Mandalorians.

Prowl_2009
01-28-2010, 04:08 PM
You can bet it'll be off the charts if done right and with this show, it's a safe bet it will be. :cool:

Robimus
01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news20100126/mandoweekly_img.jpg

Mysterious Mandalorians Revealed!

Nearly wiped out by the Jedi Knights in a long-ago war, deadly Mandalorian warriors emerge from the shadows to exact vengeance upon their peace-seeking rivals. Cloaked in mystery and hardened by memories of their bitter defeat, they are fueled by a collective desire to reclaim the glory of Mandalore -- no matter the cost. Pitting skill and determination against the power of the Force, "The Mandalore Plot," launches an epic, three-part clash that could turn the tide of the war itself. It's an all-new episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars airing at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT Friday, January 29 on Cartoon Network.

Sent to look into troubling rumors surrounding Duchess Satine of Mandalore, Obi-Wan Kenobi discovers the truth behind the whispers of a mysterious conspiracy. But his investigation uncovers more than he'd originally anticipated, pulling back the shadowy shroud from a long-rumored splinter group and bringing to light a deadly threat to the Republic.

Originally introduced as concept art that ultimately became the basis for bounty hunter Boba Fett, the Mandalorians have been favorites within the Star Wars fan community for years, even though much remains to be discovered about their culture, their history, or their in-universe origins. With only glimpses into the true nature of these mysterious warriors, they have long been the subject of rampant fan speculation and discourse. And now they are making their Clone Wars debut.

"This is how George has always envisioned the Mandalorians," says Supervising Director Dave Filoni. "Of course, people immediately think of the iconic Fett armor, because that's all we've had to go on for so many years; it's mysterious, and we've built up that mystique as fans. But Boba and Jango Fett aren't necessarily what I would consider accurate representatives of the Mando culture. They're bounty hunters and outlaws -- totally rogue. If you go way back to the original concepts, the Mandalorians were a group of supercommando troops; it's only now that George is really bringing that to the screen. They're in the series because he wanted to define their culture, to explore the foundations of this warrior faction."

According to Filoni, the introduction of Mandalorians was something that had been discussed as early as the first season of The Clone Wars -- although Lucas held off on approving the story arc until the series' second season, once the larger conflict had been more firmly established.

"This was a running joke among the crew early in the production," says Filoni. "A lot of people on the crew wanted to see the Mandalorians -- especially our head writer, Henry Gilroy -- but they were off-limits to us at the time.

George definitely has a sense of pace, and of a natural order for Star Wars storytelling; plus, it's his universe, so we had to set aside our Mando ideas for the time being. Ultimately, though, he came back around and gave us his blueprint for how he wanted to see the Mandalorian culture represented, which is great because they bring so much to the conflict. The first season was pretty straightforward; we had the Republic versus the Separatists. But now we have these splinter groups -- like the Mandos, the bounty hunters, and the Geonosians -- who each bring something totally different to the table."

Voicing the leader of the Mandalorian warriors is actor/director Jon Favreau -- a long-time Star Wars fan. His involvement in The Clone Wars came as an indirect result of post-production for the first Iron Man film; he was working with Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound when his path crossed with Filoni's at Lucasfilm's Skywalker Ranch.

"I had mentioned that I would love to do a voice, and that I'd done voices before -- and the idea for me to play a Mandalorian came up. I wasn't holding out for a cool character, but I think the Mandalorians are probably the ones that the die-hards are going to be the most curious about," says Favreau. "I grew up a fan of Star Wars. It was the first time I had ever experienced that really iconic, mythic archetypal storytelling. What's fun about Star Wars is that it still has as much relevance and impact now as it did then. It seems to be a set of characters and a world that is timeless, and every generation seems to embrace. So it's fun to be able to share with my family and my kids the excitement that I had when I was young."

Robimus
01-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Favreau tweeted about his role last week, been super stoked ever since. I'm curious to see fan reactions concerning the inclusion of the Mandalorians.

I suspect you'll generally see the more casual fans very accepting of the the new Mandalorians.

Fans of the novels and comics likely won't be as pleased as there are a lot of continuity rewrites going on within the universe.

We'll see how it plays out.:)

Robimus
01-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Sigh...........So Filoni says that Lucas told him that the sword being used by the Mandalorian had to be a lightsaber because nothing besides a lightsaber can block a lightsaber............

How about Vader's armor in the Original Trilogy George? How about the Magnaguards in ROTS and TCW's George?

Longer sighhhhhhhhh...........

He's just making this up as he goes along.........:p

And I'm still looking forward to this, but damn George Lucas is making it hard:p

jacobot
01-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Boy.. I hope this episode lives up to all the hype and anticipation..
Sounds Impressive, most impressive :)
No one has seen it yet on that dang Internet?

SPLIT LIP
01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Sigh...........So Filoni says that Lucas told him that the sword being used by the Mandalorian had to be a lightsaber because nothing besides a lightsaber can block a lightsaber............

How about Vader's armor in the Original Trilogy George? How about the Magnaguards in ROTS and TCW's George?

Longer sighhhhhhhhh...........

He's just making this up as he goes along.........:p

And I'm still looking forward to this, but damn George Lucas is making it hard:pUm, I'm pretty sure he just had it be a lightsaber for the fact that it's a swordfight, and a swordfight with lightsabers are cooler than swordfights with armour or rayshields or whatever. (which in this circumstance would be close enough to lightsabers anyway) This is Star Wars for crying out loud. You do a swordfight you do it right.

And how is that making it hard for you to be looking forward to the episode? "Oh no Lucas changed a minor rule that previously undermined a focal point of Star Wars for the sake of telling a better story than he could have!"

Normally your arguments on the changes brought on by TCW make perfect sense from a different perspective, but I'm am totally lost on this one. I'm not trying to harp on you, just sayin', where does all this frustration get you?

Prowl_2009
01-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Boy.. I hope this episode lives up to all the hype and anticipation..
Sounds Impressive, most impressive :)
No one has seen it yet on that dang Internet?

I am sure it's going to be incredable! :D I can't wait! :)

StarwarsTF
01-29-2010, 05:15 PM
What a birthday gift!!! Thanks clone wars and Lucas for playing the most anticipated episode yet!!! All for me! LOL

Robimus
01-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Thinking about this a lot today....

At the very least these episodes now make Mandalorians completely legit, seeing as they the term Mandalorian never actually appears in the films.

I still want some Mando'a damn it:p

SPLIT LIP
01-29-2010, 09:06 PM
EDIT: Man, that Black Lightsaber was cool. Only problem is I had to have the TV muted for that bit. X( Did it sound liek a regular saber or did it have a unique sound? I like Satine, and I've always like Obi-wan. My only note is that the... Death Watch leader (didn't catch his name, again) was revealed a little early for a multi-parter, then again I doubt he's the biggest issue in the arc. Can't wait for the next parts!

Robimus
01-30-2010, 12:13 AM
The Mandalorian Plot didn't really achieve a great deal more than I expected it to.

I liked that Obi-Wan bested Pre Vizsla in the saber duel with ease. And I thought the Mandalorian Cube City was fun, though its unlike any Mandalore I've ever seen before.

More of a dome Mad Max style city from orbit really.

Obi and Satine were really juvinile toward each other, especially while in danger. Their dialog wasn't to my tastes.

The Death Watch inclusions were a nice touch, though I'm not so sure about the Prime Minister stating that Jango wasn't a Mandalorian. Maybe the PM is just a crazy old coot?

The language spoken by the bomber may have been Mando'a, or at least incredibly similar. Darasuum Kote is spoken fairly clearly at the end of his first line. It means Eternal Glory.

Starwars.com provides:

"Calhava bru'chun dralshye'ran!" -- Mandalorian bomber - "Kadi, se norm'iim."
- "Ki, kadi norm'iim." -- Mandalorian bomber and Duchess Satine

Which doesn't seem to directly line up with know Mandalorian, though sounds similar. dralshy'a does mean brighter/stronger, so that one word is really close.

All in all it was alright for what it was, but I don't think its one of TCW's stronger episodes by any means.

Robimus
01-30-2010, 01:14 AM
You can listen to a 45 minute interview with Dave Filoni here:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode212.html

I like this guy the more I hear from him. The interview confirms that he's not responsoible for my complaints.

He also confirms that the Concordian language is based on Mando'a, which is all kinds of awesome!

And the painting behind Pre Vizsla has a Mandalorian Crusader from KoTOR on it: :)

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000946.html

SPLIT LIP
01-30-2010, 02:13 AM
The Death Watch inclusions were a nice touch, though I'm not so sure about the Prime Minister stating that Jango wasn't a Mandalorian. Maybe the PM is just a crazy old coot?I just took it as him labelling Jango as an outcast or some such. He never said he wasn't Mandalorian, just degraded him and said he had no idea where he got the Armour from. (since the majority of Mandalorian people are peaceful now and no longer wear that armour) He seemed rather defensive about it, too.

I also liked the Cubism city, but I don't think it's a "typical" Mando city, rather just a unique city among others, but it, along with the other visuals like the painted backgrounds are what made this my favourite episode. (I value visuals above most things. Call me artsy but I really do love it)

And since you mentioned him, I want to add that Dave Filoni is a great guy, too. He's a big Star Wars fan, moreso for the OT and EU that I can tell. But he's not above evolution of a series. (many times I find people won't move forward for fear of not staying true to what came before, he manages) I really enjoy his commentaries and interviews.

Robimus
01-30-2010, 02:40 AM
I think it would have been cooler if the Death Watch themsleves all had different armor and abilities.(To an extent).

What made Cad Bane's crew so cool in Hostage Crisis was their individuality. The Death Watch just didn't have that outside of Pre Vizsla.

Filoni is a pretty big EU fan as well, though I'm sure that the OT is what drew him in.. He actually went to the trouble of researching everything continuity wise for the show to try and fit it in.

Rex was going to be Arc Alpha-1, Grievous was going to have his complete backstory, so on. It's through Filoni's efforts and inclusions that the EU gets the nods it does. Like that mural.:)

And I do like some of the changes a lot, even if I'm hard on others.

I think in general he's a good balance to George, kinda the angel on his shoulder saying "but this idea from the EU is cool"

I'd like to meet the guy one day. I have so many questions for him.:)

George overrules him a lot, but at least he tries.

StarwarsTF
01-30-2010, 03:00 AM
I cant lie i expected more however the FAV is the man!!! episode 2 reference great. I read up on most mandalorian history they are not thrilled with Jedi, this should get good over the next 3 episodes or so.

SPLIT LIP
01-30-2010, 08:58 AM
What made Cad Bane's crew so cool in Hostage Crisis was their individuality. The Death Watch just didn't have that outside of Pre Vizsla.
There's an interview on SW.com that states it was deliberate making all the Mandos the same. It's part of that aspect of the culture to be uniform and have the suits be symmetrical.

Rex was going to be Arc Alpha-1, Grievous was going to have his complete backstory, so on. It's through Filoni's efforts and inclusions that the EU gets the nods it does. Like that mural.:)I remember that, and Alpha was changed to Rex purely because of the name. (After Ahsoka, Anakin and Artoo, it would've been a little crazy) And Grievous' backstory was kept ambigious because they didn't want to outright go against previous continuity, but instead keep it loose and up to interpretation. (then again, coming from a charatcer, especially an ego like Grievous, he could've been lying, plus the original story wasn't actually canon etc.)

The way I see them boil down is Lucas brings in ideas, and Filoni has to fit them into continuity while still keeping them new, interesting, and logical for the show. I think he's done a pretty bang-up job of that myself.:cool:

Although it kinda bugs me that people call this show bad when they really don't know what they're talking about. Sure not every episode is astounding, but who'd call the overall series boring?

I cant lie i expected more...It's not over yet, we still have a couple more episodes to go.

Prowl_2009
01-30-2010, 12:07 PM
I really enjoyed this episode and not just due to the fact that I am a die-hard Fandalorian. It was a good set-up for the story arc and gave us our first real glimpse of Mandalorian culture outside of comics and novels. The dialogue between Kenobi and Satine was good as was were the scenes inolving the Death Watch and Vizsla. He is obviously a 'zero-tollerance' kind of leader, judging by how he dealt with the soldier who had failed to exterminate Obi-Wan. :D All in all, a nice set-up and I am looking forward to the final episodes in the arc. Obi-Wan certainly had his shebes, for all you fellow Mando'a fans out there, kicked around and I am guessing there is more to come!!! :D :cool: Can't wait for next week! Two-thumbs up!!!

Oh and just as a side point, first Jango and now Vizsla, Obi-Wan doesn't seem to make friends with the Mandalorians all that well. :p

Robimus
01-30-2010, 01:59 PM
And Grievous' backstory was kept ambigious because they didn't want to outright go against previous continuity, but instead keep it loose and up to interpretation. (then again, coming from a charatcer, especially an ego like Grievous, he could've been lying, plus the original story wasn't actually canon etc.)

It's actually all canon, just on different canon levels. G-Canon(George Canon:p) is the gospil that can't be overwritten by anyone but George himself.

Next is this new T-Canon(TCW plus the upcoming Live Action Series), which isn't quite on the same level as the films but is still considered by George as his story.

C-Canon rounds out the the canon levels(other than infinities), and thats the books/comics/games, so on. C-Canon undergoes the most changes but also makes up the largest part of the universe.

C-Canon only ceases being canon if it is directly contradicted by a new source. That source could be TCW, or even a new novel or comic.

Take the case of TCW Grievous for example, because Filoni made it slightly ambigous his back story remains in canon, just C-Canon like it always was. The original backstory has even been incorporated into The Clone Wars Visual Guide.

The canon levels are right from LFL itself, its not that most things are not canon, its that they are considered a more flexible canon. Everything outside of an infinities style story is considered canon in the Star Wars universe.

George has stated that he doesn't consider the books/comic/games his story, but that he would like everything to fit together. As such he created these departments within LFL to look after the massive universe.

I hope that helps to explain that a little. It's the way that LFL as a corporation continues to tell its various customers that they all count, even if small/large changes occur.

I'd actually prefer that the novel/comic verse got broken off into a seperate continuity myself, but George Lucas himself doesn't want that so he hired folks like Leeland Chee and Jason Fry to make as much as possible fit.

The way I see them boil down is Lucas brings in ideas, and Filoni has to fit them into continuity while still keeping them new, interesting, and logical for the show. I think he's done a pretty bang-up job of that myself.:cool:

He done an excellent job in the situation he's facing. He knows if he changes too much he risks alienating long time Star Wars fans, at the same time he's steered around many fan loved backstories(like Grievous and Vos) to keep them meaningful.

This whole Mandalorian thing is a different deal being that George ordered the sweeping changes himself. Filoni did include Mando'a so that I love, even if everything else is being overwritten.

Although it kinda bugs me that people call this show bad when they really don't know what they're talking about. Sure not every episode is astounding, but who'd call the overall series boring?

Who called it boring?

He is obviously a 'zero-tollerance' kind of leader, judging by how he dealt with the soldier who had failed to exterminate Obi-Wan. :D

Vizsla comes complete with hypocrisy:p Sure kill your underling for not killing Obi-Wan but don't punish yourself................One of his guards should have turned on him and said "You failed", shooting him in kind.:p

Prowl_2009
01-30-2010, 02:12 PM
^^ LOL, I don't think that is the Mandalorian way. :p

SPLIT LIP
01-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Who called it boring?Just something I saw in the CW cartoon thread, made me wonder.

Robimus
01-30-2010, 05:52 PM
I hope it wasn't me. I fear that sometimes people mistake my critcism's for me not liking the show.

There is only one episode I can honestly say I really disliked out of all of season 1 and 2. Thats Senate Spy.

I even love the Jar Jar episodes.:D

SPLIT LIP
01-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Are you SoundwaveCA or Rabidyak?

Then it wasn't you. :p

And yeah, Senate Spy was interesting at the time. But man, nothing really happens at all and it has no rewatch value for me. It's made worse by Landing at Point Rain, which pretty much explodes the TV with action.

Prowl_2009
01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
I hope it wasn't me. I fear that sometimes people mistake my critcism's for me not liking the show.

There is only one episode I can honestly say I really disliked out of all of season 1 and 2. Thats Senate Spy.

I even love the Jar Jar episodes.:D

I feel pretty much the same way you do, Robimus. Senate Spy was probably the worst entry to date and that Jar Jar episode is not all that bad. :p

Robimus
01-30-2010, 08:10 PM
I should have a full translation available for the Concordian dialect available in a day or so. I'm still gethering knowledge, much of it from those more knowledgable than myself.:D

darasuum kote was obvious to me as it is established Mando'a meaning Eternal Glory. I picked it up immediatly in the episode last night.

Drayshy'ran likely means "they shall burn" and seems based upon some earlier Mando'a from the KotOR series.

You know your a nerd when you can pick out words of an alien dialect in a cartoon.;)

pud333
01-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Finally saw the episode today. Very, very cool. Loved watching the Mandalorians flying around. Really liked the black light saber. Bottom line: I need some muthafuckin' Mandalorians in my collection.

Prowl_2009
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
^^ Hell Ya!!! :D

And Robimus, I know how you feel, I picked up on the Mando very quickly, just never said anything on the boards. :p :D

Haggis
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Finally saw the episode today. Very, very cool. Loved watching the Mandalorians flying around. Really liked the black light saber. Bottom line: I need some muthafuckin' Mandalorians in my collection.

I devoted teh top of my book shelf to teh Mandalorians

pud333
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, the only question lingering: how many Mandalorians to get. Damn, they're gonna make lots of money off me.

JSon
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Finally got around to watching it today, and enjoyed it. Still trying to make some sense about how the Mandalorian culture portrayed here fits in the some of the EU books. I guess I'll have a better sense and understanding after the next few episodes.

Loved the look of the Mandos. Jon Fav was awesome. Really liked some of the Obi-Wan parts, there were some good lines and good dynamic with his er... "love interest." Excited for next week :D Do hope we see some at least slightly different Mando armors.

Robimus
01-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Finally got around to watching it today, and enjoyed it. Still trying to make some sense about how the Mandalorian culture portrayed here fits in the some of the EU books. I guess I'll have a better sense and understanding after the next few episodes.

I don't think you'll uncover much that is similar to the novels. This is a pretty fresh take other than the Death Watch.

Haggis posted:
I devoted teh top of my book shelf to teh Mandalorians

My Mando'ade is always in a prime location.:D Being that those Republic Commando Six packs from EE are already kinda shooting up in value I wonder if this is going to push them up further?

SPLIT LIP
01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
A member of the TFW boards explained how, thus far, it's actually plausible to fit this episode into the established Star Wars contnuity. I'll post it here next time I find it.

Robimus
01-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Anything is open to retcon. The Mandalorians could be turned into smurfs and it could be retconned.;)

It is impossible to fit it though without heavy rewrites. Jango's gone from being the leader of the Mandalorian People to an outcast, while Mando's themselves have changed from being a culture comprised of nomadic soldiers(doing some farming and mining in their spare time) to being predominatly a Peaceful people.

I'll check out TFW in anycase.:)

SPLIT LIP
02-01-2010, 01:06 AM
EDIT; Nevermind, I see you found what I was taling about.

Long story short, the two continuities can co-exist at this point with little confliction.

Robimus
02-01-2010, 10:50 AM
And I disagree and don't believe they can. The Clone Wars is affecting the former continuity in many, many significant ways.

Changes of note as of The Mandalorian Plot:

-Mandalore is now controlled by a largely peaceful civilization of Mandalorians. A moon that looks like something akin to traditional Mandalore orbit's the reinvented planet.

-It has a massvie Coruscant like city beneath a dome that never existed before. It's now ruled by a Duchess instead of a Mand'alor.

-Mandalorians working for the Seperatists is actually nothing new, but there is no mention of the "True" Mandalorians working for the Republic.

Is Obi-Wan just playing coy with Satine? Well he must be because "True" Mandalorians are working with the Jedi in the Intelligence and Commando divisions of the Grand Army as of five days after Geonosis.;)

-Other events, like the Mandalorians exterminating an entire species a couple hundred years before Yavin are in direct contradiction with canon now that Satine's folk are on the scene.

There's more, but you get the idea. I'm sure your goal is a noble one SPLIT LIP, lots of people are trying to fit continuity together.

It's not the first time Mandalorian history has been rewritten either, it's one of the most retconned parts of the Star Wars EU.

Nor will it likely be the last;) But the changes are large and do not fit with what we knew before The Clone Wars series came out.

This is what Star Wars does and has always done. The Clone Wars is already justified as G-Canon, its up to the rest of the continuity to bend and fit with it. Addtion by subtraction so to speak, but pretending nothing has changed is not a possibility. It's just reality for EU fans.

Edit for TFW: Just saw your post over there........

Star Wars continuity is constantly evolving and changing. I like the new cube city, I even like the new Mandalorian Pacifists better than I like the Death Watch. It's all fine, but it is a rewrite.

Kyrimorut was so remote and hard to find in the thinly popuated wilderness that made up most of Mandalore that Keldabe might as well have been on another planet.- 501st Page 28

Keldabe was the hub for the whole planet - 501st Page 307

There is a description(or two) of the planet Mandalore maybe two years after the events of The Mandalorian Plot. How does that jive with the Mandalore shown in the TV show? A Planet which from orbit appears to be at least half desert(and at worst is a Nuclear wasteland of somekind).

Kryimorut is a small settlement of maybe 50 people, Keldabe is(er......was) the Captial City of Mandalore and is home to predominatly single story structures. It was so large by Mandalorian standards that it looked like it belonged on another planet, pre TCW.

How will this be retconned? By ideas that maybe every planet in the Mandalore system has the same name? By maybe that Keldabe is on Concordia? By maybe that the "True" Mandalorians hate the pacifists so much that they pretend they don't exist on the same planet as them? Maybe the Pacifists and their huge city will be discentegrated by Boba Fett before the events of 501st unfold?

I dunno.

But something has to give and it won't be as easy a fix as your suggesting. Like I say, smurfs can be made to work as well, it all can in a fictional universe.

I'd imagine either Keldabe, Kyrimorut and the "True" Mandalorians are going to be put on an entirely different planet, or they will be given an island on which they lived pretending that other realities didn't exist on the same planet as them.(Which would complete destroy their character and the reality they present to the reader.)

It will all be made to fit by the good folks at LFL. But right now it doesn't

Prowl_2009
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
My buddy and I were talking about that yesterday when I was in Niagra Falls. LFL will make all this stuff fit, not at the moment, but they will.

And I will admit this episode wasn't exactly what I expected, (No Mandalore, not exactly based around a Nomadic Warrior Culture, ect) and I found myself at several points wanting what Karen Traviss had brought to the Mandalorians over the past few years with her amazing novels, but it was still very good and I know, with time, this will all fit together and make sense.

SPLIT LIP
02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Robimus, I gotta say dude, I never read your wall of text posts. Or anyone's for that matter. I just assume those are valid enough reasons for you to, once again, say I'm wrong for trying to make the best of a situation that I'm well aware bothers people.

Maybe next time I'll just not come here at all and keep my mouth shut.

Robimus
02-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Look, I'm in no way trying to put you down here SPLIT LIP, but you seem to not have a complete understanding of the situation..

And thats not a slight towards you but I doubt from talking to you at length that you have read the various stories involving Mandalorians which span almost 30 years of the EU at this point.

I've tried to illustrate why I feel the way I do with references from the text. Thats what I do. And Star Wars authors have read to my walls of text and graciously included some of my input in The Essential Atlas.

Thats just my posting style, I'm sorry if you don't like it.

I have a reason for the way I feel, based upon my own experiences reading these varied stories, studying them and even writing about them over the years.

The discussion points your bringing up are not condusive to one line responses, I want you and others to know that I have a reason for the things I say, other than stating because I said so.

Your in no way wrong for trying to make the best of the situation. I'd in fact go so far to say that there is nothing at all wrong with the situation at all. The Clone Wars is a fun show and the Mandalorian Plot contained a lot of fun stuff. It's Star Wars as usual and there is nothing wrong with it.

If you think I'm nasty you should go over to the Official Star Wars site and check their forums some time.

I'm pretty tame and level headed compared to many Star Wars fanatics.

I'd be sorry to see you go SPLIT LIP, I enjoy your input about the episodes, even if you don't enjoy mine.:(

Prowl_2009
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
If you think I'm nasty you should go over to the Official Star Wars site and check their forums some time.

I'm pretty tame and level headed compared to many Star Wars fanatics.

No kidding, some of those fans on the official site seem like they're just waiting to rip into someone the way a Wampa rips into a Taun-Taun. :rolleyes: In fact, I used to be a memer of the official Star Wars page, but left because some of these fans are more finatical than I ever expected. :rolleyes:

Robimus
02-02-2010, 11:16 AM
So of late when one goes to the Starwars.com main page after the weekend you generally get a flash of an image of the next weeks Clone Wars episode, that then instantly vanishes.

The current flash is of an armored Boba Fett(not Clone Wars styled though). I wonder if thats a hint or something?

Prowl_2009
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I noticed that last night, I must admit, I am curious.

pud333
02-02-2010, 03:30 PM
No kidding, some of those fans on the official site seem like they're just waiting to rip into someone the way a Wampa rips into a Taun-Taun. :rolleyes: In fact, I used to be a memer of the official Star Wars page, but left because some of these fans are more finatical than I ever expected. :rolleyes:

Some people take this stuff too seriously. To me, it's all in good fun, but some fans (not only SW, but any fandom) can get a little extreme, like it's a religion to them or something. Kinda scary if you ask me.

SPLIT LIP
02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
It's like that Star Trek episode of Futurama. (O_o)

Prowl_2009
02-03-2010, 10:58 AM
It's like that Star Trek episode of Futurama. (O_o)

LOL, well put. ;)

And I totally agree, pud. Some of these people take something just meant to be enjoyable and turn it into their religon. And than, fans like us get branded as nerds and geeks from time to time because were lumped in the same group as these nutball fanatics. :rolleyes:

Robimus
02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Is anyone concerned about being branded?

Not I. :D

Haggis
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
like it's a religion to them or something.

LOL my religion on Facebook is set to Jedi :)

Prowl_2009
02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Is anyone concerned about being branded?

Not I. :D

LOL, not exactly on the top of my worries in life list, no. :p

SPLIT LIP
02-03-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL my religion on Facebook is set to Jedi :)I wish we had the :lol icon here.

Prowl_2009
02-03-2010, 02:38 PM
LOL my religion on Facebook is set to Jedi :)

LOL, I much prefer the teachings of the Mando! :p