PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett in The Clone Wars

Robimus
02-15-2010, 03:50 AM

So we have an image of young Boba Fett, the Clone Wars style. Let the speculation begin.:)

Prowl_2009
02-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Cool! :) I have nothing more to say. It's Fett and I must admit to being is awe!!! :D

JSon
02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
No surprises there, I figured with the Mandalorian story lines there was a decent chance we would be seeing him. I am, however, very curious to see how he is used. Maybe he's still living on Kamino? Considering we've seen the new Boba Fett helmet and blaster, do you think he will wear the armor at some point, or were the toys only meant for the anniversary of Ep. V?

Prowl_2009
02-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I think the Fett blaster and helmet were designed for the Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back and not The Clone Wars cartoon.

StarwarsTF
02-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Well the SW universe stories say that Boba was raised by the Mando's and the reference to Jango has already happened its only a matter of time till the Mando's find young Boba and train him.

Which now it makes a lot more sense seeing that Pre Vizsla doesn't recognize Jango, and stated the equipment was/may have been stolen. Should be a good third season. :)

SPLIT LIP
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
He looks like young Boba. That's one step in the right direction.

I doubt he'll wear the armour or do much outside a cameo. It's not like even a grown-up Boba would even stand a chance against a Jedi, let alone little Boba.

Prowl_2009
02-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Well the SW universe stories say that Boba was raised by the Mando's and the reference to Jango has already happened its only a matter of time till the Mando's find young Boba and train him.

Which now it makes a lot more sense seeing that Pre Vizsla doesn't recognize Jango, and stated the equipment was/may have been stolen. Should be a good third season. :)

I was thinking the same thing! Can't wait to see it! :D

Robimus
02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
The only Mandalorian Boba was raised by was Jango.

After his dad died he ventured out on his own and didn't consider himself Mandalorian.

Later in life(during the Yuuzhan Vong War) he does end up taking his fathers mantle as Mandalore, despite spending his whole life as "not" Mandalorian.

The Star Wars EU went this route for Boba because of how the ESB novel only mention him as wearing the armor of Mandalorians(Supercommando's), not being one. They were then said to be wiped out by the Jedi during The Clone Wars.

That said Boba's(and the Mando's) been retconned so many times already its confusing. Initially in 1982 Marvel portrayed him as leader of the Mandalorian Supercommandos during the Clone Wars only to have Ep-2 present him as a ten year old.;)

Prowl_2009
02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Yep, I remember these story archs, I believe Fett fought alongside Spar, Shysa and Dala during the Clone Wars according to the Marvel comics, but I can't really remember.

I do however know Fett has since taken up the mantle of Mandalore in the EU like his father. Yes, Fett's past is rather confusing due to the fact he has been retconned so many times. Anyone remember "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" from 1996, where Fett was originally a Journeymen Protector named Jester Merell who changed his name to Boba Fett? :)

Robimus
02-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Not Spar, just Shysa and Dala.

Spar is the retcon that tries to fix Marvel continuity wise. It suggests that Shysa thought Spar was Fett(that Spar was pretending to be Boba Fett).

None of it works real great.:o

Prowl_2009
02-16-2010, 09:59 AM
LOL, oh yeah. Think it's time to brush up on my Star Wars Marvel continuity. :p And I agree, none of it works all that great, especially now. :p

Robimus
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Sounds like the next Star Wars Insider is going to have a TCW Boba article in it.

Prowl_2009
03-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled then! :D