PDA

View Full Version : Post your questions for the Hasbro GI Joe Q&A

Super_Megatron
03-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Topics open for discussion – Deco Decisions, Design Choices, Design Process/Development and Redeco/Retooling. Also, questions pertaining to past and current Line Strategy and Marketing.

Topics that cannot be addressed - “When will X toy be made/redesigned/released?”, Hypothetical, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign and Future Movie/Entertainment.

Please note questions that are Canadian specific will be given priority when we determine which questions to submit.

MeisterJ4zz
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
7" GI Joe action figures please.

Super_Megatron
03-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Any more?

DanM
03-05-2010, 03:07 AM
This might get me accused of being a tree hugger, but what the hey:

Comparing the packaging from the original 1980's "Real American Hero" figures and that used with the latest "Rise of Cobra" figures, there is a lot more plastic being used now than 25 years ago.

With the increased global focus on environmentalism, does Hasbro have any plans, specifically with the GI Joe brand, to reduce the amount of packaging used?

TTT
03-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Good question ^^^

Super_Megatron
05-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Any questions for the next round?

Evan
05-03-2010, 12:58 PM
With the return of Sgt Slaughter at SDCC, can we expect more Sarge(s) down the road - perhaps worked into the Pursuit of Cobra line? Us Canadians need Sarge too!

Will we see any homages to "80's GIJoe/25th anniversary" in the Pursuit of Cobra line, or will it remain solely focused on the movie-verse?

pud333
05-03-2010, 11:29 PM
How many waves of POC is Hasbro planning to release before the new cartoon figures hit in 2011?

When it comes to the SDCC Sgt. Slaughter exclusives, will Sgt. Slaughter be available to the Hasbrotoyshop after the convention, in decent quantities, the way 2009's exclusives were? Also, when it comes to shipping, will Hasbro be revising the shipping costs to Canadians? Because the standard shipping for even one 3.75" toy is still over $30, when any other online toy store would normally ship for a fraction of that cost.

trray
05-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Any plans to make some of the vehicles and Cobra minions (especially the BATS) from the ROC video game? Some very worthwhile toys there!

trray
05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Will Hasbro be continuing the 25th anniversary line now that the ROC and Resolute lines have been released? They were so close to covering all of the old characters... specifically, I'm hoping to see:

- Airtight
- Covergirl
- Crazylegs
- Cross Country (that doesn't look like a fat hillbilly)
- Dial-Tone (the GUY with the cool backpack)
- Frostbite
- Iceberg
- Lowlight
- Sci-Fi
- Thrasher
- Zandar
- Zarana

Also, some of the classic vehicles, such as...

- Dragonfly
- Skystriker
- Asp
- Slugger
- Hydrofoil
- Cobra STUN
- Wolverine
- Tomahawk

pdaaat
05-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Mr. Goldner said that Hasbro will be dropping the price of upcoming GIJoes.

Will this be happening in Canada?

Evan
05-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Will The Hub channel be carried in Canada? And if not, will the new GIJoe series be carried by a Canadian station?

Super_Megatron
07-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Next round is due, post your questions now!

Super_Megatron
07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Last call

pdaaat
07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Any mail-away coming?

Evan
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Why was it decided to give The Pursuit of Cobra line more of a "classic" design, rather than the "movie" design?

In the 80's, Canadian releases of GIJoe vehicles often came with Canadian flag stickers. Will this return in the future?

Super_Megatron
11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Last questions for the year are due in 7 days.

VIT
11-15-2010, 11:42 AM
can you explain why is tru canada is not carrying the poc line?:yelling: currently only 2 retailers sell poc, zellers and walmart:mad: it's a big deal when canada's so called biggest toy store doesn't have poc and this makes me worry about the future of gi joe in canada :canada:

Evan
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
When can we expect the 2011 figures to start hitting the shelves in Canada?

It was recently announced that Corus will be carrying The Hub shows such as GI Joe Renegades in Canada. Has an airdate for this series been selected yet? Does Hasbro give input as to when shows should start or is it exclusively up to Corus when to air programming?

Toy Gremlin
11-16-2010, 12:05 AM
In the 25th Anniversary GI Joe line, Hasbro has given fans troop builder packs such as Crimson Guards and Green Shirts. Are there any plans to do the same for the Pursuit of Cobra line with Alley Vipers, Cobra Shock Troopers, and Jungle Vipers?

Super_Megatron
11-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Last call for 2010.

pandaprime
03-15-2011, 01:59 AM
what is going on with distribution to Walmart Canada and Toys R Us Canada? Why is there no stock/inventory at so many stores? Are they going to carry the Pursuit of Cobra Line or not?

VIT
03-15-2011, 02:28 AM
why has tru waited until right now, 2 weeks into march to begin selling poc?

Bulman66
03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I love this new cartoon, and hope it continues for a long time.
Will you be releasing all of the main characters from the toon
as action figures, and will you also be making some of the
cool vehicles from the show as toys as well???

Thanks
Dale

Bulman66
03-15-2011, 10:59 AM
BTW. Is there any reason that up here in Canada we get
a lot less Gi Joe released as compared to the U.S?????

Napseeker
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
what is going on with distribution to Walmart Canada and Toys R Us Canada? Why is there no stock/inventory at so many stores? Are they going to carry the Pursuit of Cobra Line or not?

Just to let you know, TRU is now carrying PoC, I've seen wave3 at my TRU and a friend saw it at his TRU. TRU was boycotting PoC I suspect, to punish Hasbro for the crappy RoC line which clearly sold poorly beyond words for TRU. The story is that they wouldn't carry PoC until RoC had completely (or mostly) cleared off the pegs which at my TRU they finally have....

Q. The new all-white StormShadow shown off at ToyFair looks stunning. I think this is easily the best SS that Hasbro has ever done and I love the Frank Miller-esque ninja hood... please tell me that you are planning on doing an army builder pack of Red Ninjas based on this new sculpt! I loved the original Red Ninjas, but they didn't match the red ninjas from the Joe comic due to their short sleeves. This new sculpt would be a perfect rendition of the Marvel red ninjas and I'm sure would sell as quickly as your first release. I'm down for 20 of these guys if you say yes :)

Robimus
03-15-2011, 03:28 PM
BTW. Is there any reason that up here in Canada we get
a lot less Gi Joe released as compared to the U.S?????

Same reason as the other toylines. Most the time I think its the language laws coming into play.

Hasbro has stated in the past that it is impossible for them to release every wave of a Star Wars line in Canada due to packaging issues.

Evan
03-15-2011, 06:50 PM
2011 Questions!

Lately the G.I. Joe toys have been focusing on the Pursuit of Cobra (which is great!). As 2011 continues, will we see more Joe product coming to the shelves (eg. Transformers has various products and toylines)?

trray
03-17-2011, 12:48 PM
The 25th anniversary release seemed to bring back nearly all of the "classic" Joes (from '82 to '88). Are there any plans to finish off the last few characters from the old line / TV show that never quite made it?
I'd really love to see a standard (not ROC / POC) version of the old Airtight, Cover Girl, Dial Tone, Lifeline, Jinx, Keel Haul, Sci-Fi, etc. One last 7 pack set of Joe / Cobra figures (similar to the Attack on / Defense of Cobra Island sets) would probably get those stragglers.
Any thoughts of releasing these last few characters to finish off some classic collections?

VIT
04-27-2011, 01:33 PM
when are we getting answers?

Robimus
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Last round was due March 20th so I expect we'll be getting a response fairly soon on those.