PDA

View Full Version : DC Universe Wave 14

Super_Megatron
03-10-2010, 12:28 AM
DC Universe Wave 14 (http://www.toyark.com/news/dc-toy-news-5/dc-universe-wave-14-2482/)

Category: DC Toy News

Posted From: TOYARK.COM (http://www.toyark.com) - Toys and Action Figures (http://www.toyark.com)

pud333
03-10-2010, 02:15 AM
The only one I want is Zatanna. My wallet is happy. I wonder if her hat will stay on well.

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Meh, nothing is really all that interesting to me. I like Zatanna and Alan Scott, but it's not like I am going to run out and try to track these 2 down as soon as I possibly can. Like Wave 12, I am only slightly interested in a piece or two. Chances are good I'll pass on this line and continue to concentrate on tracking down older DCUC pieces that I want more.

Quantum
03-10-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm so down for this whole wave except for Tyr. Funny thing is three months ago I would have said I'm cherry picking, but after months of trying to track down C&C pieces, I'll be getting them all!

pud333
03-10-2010, 11:04 AM
BAH! That's how they get ya! Those fucking C&C pieces! :)

Quantum
03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Dude, it was unbelievable. It became an addiction. But then I ended up really loving the figs I had to get to score the C&C. I consider it win/win really.

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Damn Mattel for giving us Kilowog and Darkseid as C&C's, now cherry-picking is pointless. :p

pud333
03-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Darkseid is pretty cool. I know I said I would probably buy the DCSH one, but the new Darkseid is so much bigger and just... yeah... me want. I don't know how I'm gonna get him, cause it's so expensive on Ebay. Maybe piecemeal over several months...

Quantum
03-11-2010, 02:06 AM
It's worth it pud, and if you're patient enough to do over a bit of time, it's probably the best plan. And all the figs a very cool. And you can still kind of cherry pick cause there's always the figure with the stand, that fortunately is usually the Super Powers fig.

pud333
03-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. the new Darkseid looks way too cool to pass on. Besides, it'll keep me looking forward to something. Normally when I collect, I buy everything up at once and then go nuts when there is a dry spell and spend my money on stuff I don't really want or need.

Prowl_2009
03-11-2010, 10:16 AM
It's worth it, pud. I am not a Superman fan, but the new Darkseid is just...Legendary! And I want him bad and will not settle for the DCSH version. :D

Quantum
03-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I just hope that Wave 14 is as plentiful as Wave 10 and not the Wave 5 debacle or the under-produced Wave 8 and 9. I've got a guy down south who'll try to hook me up with a set (minus Tyr of course) like he hooked me up with Wave 10 (minus the Batman). I'm pretty sure they'll be available on Matty too, but only as a full set. That's what a buddy of mine who manages an LCS told me anyway. Apparently all exclusives will be available on Matty.

Hmmm...wonder if that means the Lantern 5-pack will be available too?

Prowl_2009
03-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I have relatives in the States and (once in a while) eBay to help me find the pieces I need to cherrypick. Down here in Newmarket, the only DCUC Waves I've ever seen are Wave 11 and a few from Wave 6 and I do mean A FEW! :rolleyes:

pud333
03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I've been hitting up Ebay for my figures, I've got a dude in the states who can get stuff for me, and I can normally make US trips once every few months or so since I live so close to the border whenever my girlfriend goes to the outlet mall. Between the border and the outlet mall, there are like four Targets and three Walmarts I can hit, so I'm normally able to find something, if not DCUC. The LCS around here have nothing but Mr. Marvels and Captain colds. But this wave should definitely be available on Matty. I only want Zatanna though. She looks fucking awesome.

Prowl_2009
03-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm really not crazy about Alan Scott's head sculpt from this line, but what can you do? He'll probably be finding his way into my collection regardless along with Zatanna, but no promises when I have a Batman Rogue's Gallery to fill. :D