PDA

View Full Version : JLA or JSA?

Quantum
03-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Just curious, who are you partial to? Which team are you most excited to see completed in DCUC? And then more specifically, which era of which team are you excited about?

Watchtower league with Zatanna coming out?

Founding JLA with Martian Manhunter coming out?

Golden Age JSA with Alan Scott and Hourman coming out?

Modern JSA, would you put Alan Scott there?

And why are you most excited for that team?

I've gotta say that I've always been a Justice Leaguer, and I'm sooooooooooo excited to finally get J'onn to finish out the original 7. I grew up with the League, am a total DC whore, and Justice League will forever be one of the titles on my pull-list, no matter how broke I am. This team is what I am most excited for.

Having said that, I'm very excited for more JSA, which is even cooler, since before I started collecting DCUC, I had no interest in the JSA at all. Now I'm chomping at the bit for any and all JSA to come out. I also bought my first JSA trade, and loved it. Will buy more. Super-stoked to get Alan and Hourman and Obsidian (not sure if I'll put him on the Hero or Villain shelf yet) and Ultra-Humanite (some company for Grundy).

Having said all of that, Zatanna's just pure win, and can't wait to her on the shelf as well with Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Black Canary (did I miss anyone?).

What about you?

Autobot Prime
03-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Dude im totally there with you whoring it up with DC!!! Just totally cracked out bro.

Im also more of a Leaguer at heart. Now did i just read you correct??....They're making Martian Manhunter??? :eek::eek::eek: This is news to me. Please say this isn't a dream Quantum because i have been struggling trying to use different versions of MM for my original 7 and fail everytime!!!

Being a DC fan i am interested in JSA stuff as well. But only if the character, shelf space and budget fits. Dont' get me wrong the JSA figures look amazing!! But i will be Leagueing it up till the day i die.

But right now it feels like my DC collection is slowing to a crawl. Just looking fwd to a few more things to get. Zatanna, Supergirl/Lex pack, Superboy.

pud333
03-11-2010, 02:16 PM
They're officially doing MM? Dang!

I'm a strange DC fan. I was never into DC comics that much as a kid beyond Batman, though my favorite superheros since a child has always been Superman and Batman. I'm more of a fan of the tv and movie incarnations over the years, from the original movies and animated shows in the 80's and 90's till the newer DC direct to video movies.

That being said, I'm a Justice League baffoon at heart. Must have MM. no doubts.

Prowl_2009
03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Justice Leaguer all the way! Oh man, Quantum, I hope I read this correctly, J'onn J'onez is being released!??! :eek: Man, it's about time! Been waiting forver for good 'ol Martain Manhunter! :cool:

Mind you, I also enjoy the JSA, but even though Hawkman and Dr. Fate are wicked awesome, these guys can't hold a candle to the Dark Knight and his buddies if you ask me! :D

pud333
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Mind you, I also enjoy the JSA, but even though Hawkman and Dr. Fate are wicked awesome, these guys can't hold a candle to the Dark Knight and his buddies if you ask me! :D

QFT. Seriously, when it comes to the DC heavies, nothing else compares.

Quantum
03-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah guys, the list as it stands for wave 15 has Martian Manhunter and variant, Raven, Starman and variant(I think), Jemm (dude from Saturn, MM enemy), OMAC (no one knows I it's the classic or from the Crisis), Golden Pharoah (super powers stand) and SC Batman (that many people think means Sinestro Corps Batman, from that single panel when a yellow ring tries to pick Bruce.

Not confirmed yet, but an old leaked list was confirmed by the Wave 14 announcement, so it's safe to assume this is the line-up we're getting.

Also good to see so many Leaguers around! Nothing beats the Original 7!

Prowl_2009
03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Here, Here! :)

Prowl_2009
03-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah guys, the list as it stands for wave 15 has Martian Manhunter and variant, Raven, Starman and variant(I think), Jemm (dude from Saturn, MM enemy), OMAC (no one knows I it's the classic or from the Crisis), Golden Pharoah (super powers stand) and SC Batman (that many people think means Sinestro Corps Batman, from that single panel when a yellow ring tries to pick Bruce.

So glad we're finally get Martain Manhunter!!! :D I wonder what SC Batman really is? :confused: I am intrigued! :D

Autobot Prime
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
whooooooooaaa!!! cooooooooool!!!!!!!

pud333
03-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I hope MM's cape is detailed well. I mean, I'd get him regardless, but a well defined cape would make or break MM for me in terms of whether I love him or just like him.

Question: Do you guys prefer capes to be molded so they look like its an action or flying pose (eg: Superman or Supergirl cape), or do you prefer the basic no action cape (eg: Batman)? I prefer the action poses. Nothing too dramatic, but just enough so it looks good standing there or flying. As for SC batman, it'll probably just be a repaint.

Quantum
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I like a bit of sculpted movement in the cape. I just wish they used the more pliable plastic like Darkseid's skirt or Desaad's robes. Either that or back to cloth, but with wire inside so you could pose it in different ways.

I'm planning a cloth cape for Bats that'll have wire ribs too for awesome display potential. It's still in the planning phases though, so I can't take pics yet! I will if and when I do the project.

pud333
03-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Cloth cape with wire? awesome. That would be cool. I would prefer if they went back to the really soft plastic too. Or something like Clayface's arms, where it's really bendy and maleable, but there's wires inside to hold it into certain positions. Honestly, there doesn't have to be a ton of movement: there just needs to be enough to make the figure look dynamic in various poses.

Quantum
03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
^^ Bingo! My sentiments exactly.

Prowl_2009
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I like the idea of a soft cape with wires, wish all my Batman figures had that! You could pose the cape any way you wish and they already did something similar with Clayface's arms, so don't tell me they couldn't apply that concept to soft, posiable capes!

I am kind of wondering if we'll get two MM figs, one of his form when he first arrived on earth and one after he changed to prevent scaring people.

Quantum
03-12-2010, 11:54 AM
I think it'll be classic MM (big brow, cape w/ high collar, shirtless with the crossed red straps) and the variant will be modern (as he appeared when he died).

And yeah, Clayface was part of the inspiration for the wire in the cape.

Prowl_2009
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Either way, I am still getting me Martain Manhunter! :D

Can't wait to see the finished cape, Quantum! :cool: