PDA

View Full Version : Anyone collecting the new MOTUC line from mattycollector.com?

tripleb
01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
as the title asks, is there?
I have bought all figures released thus far (King Greyskull, variant King Greyskull, He-Man,Beast Man, and Skeletor)
I really am digging this new line and I hope it works out !

Super_Megatron
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm on the fence with this line. I loved the MOTU 2002 figures, bought them all. After seeing that level of sculpting and updating I'm having a hard time going back to the classics style.

tripleb
01-31-2009, 10:43 PM
I had 98% of the figures from the 2002 MOTU series (missed out on a few like target exclusive wolf armor he man/snake armor skeletor, and a couple of deluxe figures, and playsets that didn't show up at retail in canada!)

I think the 2002 series (figures/cartoon/comics) were way beyond the 80's series in every way, detail, story. I wish mattel hadn't messed things up by having so many he-man and skeletor variants and poor case ratios, cause 2002 cartoon story line had every fans wanted, answers to question they had been asking for years (ie was keldor skeletor and so on)
and just before we got to a season that was to be focused on the horde, it was cancelled. I was hoping with the 2002 series released on dvd, that they might do a direct to DVD movie to finish that series properly, but no such luck yet!

but the MOTUC line speaks to me as well cause it brings back what I remember/loved about the figures in the 80's, but refreshed for modern toy style.
these MOTUC figure are awesome! and mattel has said if the line does good there will be characters from all the he man series (from the original up to 2002 series) released.
I think KG transfered ever well from the 2002 style to MOTUC style in toy form
have bought any of the new figures yet? I'm sure if you do, u like them alot! I know I do!!:D:p

bambam
02-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I have King Grayskull and He-Man in hand. Skeletor is on the way. They are excellent figures, but they are the only MOTUC I'll be getting. He-Man and Skeletor were the only original MOTU figs I had as a kid.

Haggis
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
I know I will be pick them up, but not for me, they'll be gifts for my friend who loves he-man

Croaker
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm still waiting for my skeletor to arrive. The cheap shipping is pretty slow.

bambam
02-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I got my Skeletor yesterday, and I'm really impressed. No QC issues. Now that I have He-Man and Skeletor squaring off on my coffee table, I regret not buying Beast Man. In the future, I may pick the most prominent characters when MattyCollector releases them.

Bruticus82
02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, the figures would look okay, but for that price, and having to buy them direct from mattel? I'll easily pass and spend my money on transformers instead.

StarwarsTF
02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Skeletor and he-man were worth the cost these two are an awesome addition!

cky_ibm
02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I've got He-Man and I *LOVE* him. A great representation of the figure from the 80's.

However, I don't plan on collecting many of the figures, just select ones. At close to $37 once you factor in shipping and US exchange, they are pretty pricey.

Too bad it's not a retail line, I probably would have collected many more.

I might order Mer-Man, but the next one for sure will be Hordak!

Cheers!
-Ian

CobraCommander
02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
I would, but the Price is not Right :/

PointofArticulation
02-20-2009, 05:27 AM
I really think that Mattycollector should at least solicit to Diamond Comics so it can be in Previews. I mean, even small runs would be snapped up by the collectible stores like comic shops. Especially being that small retailers are always looking for lines that don't compete with big box retailers like TRU. If they provided a wholesaler option on their site, they could really open up some possibilities...

supercal
07-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Did anyone have a chance to grab Man-At-Arms today? I don't think he was on for long - missed my chance...

Fusion
07-16-2009, 01:06 AM
I have He-man, Skeletor, and I am waiting for Hordak to come in the mail . . . any day now. I've never checked the mail box this much before. I think Hordak is gonna be awesome and I am looking forward to picking up He-ro. Not really interested in any of the others. Maybe if they release King Hiss?:)

Anybody else order Hordak? or has anyone received theirs yet?

FlightWeaponAlpha
07-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I ordered 2 Man-at-Arms yesterday. I missed out on Hordak, and am hoping to trade one for a Hordak, or be a complete arsehole and eBay the second one to pay for them both. Seeing as they go so fast, I figure I'll come out ahead either way.

I hope to get He-Ro, Tri-Klops, and some of the others as they release. Love He-Man and Skeletor, and my long-time love affair with Mer-Man also continues. This is such a great line.

Anyone here have a Hordak to trade for a Man-At-Arms?

JB

cky_ibm
07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm still waiting for my f-ing Hordak to arrive. It seems most Canadians are still waiting on him.

I ordered Man-at-Arms today, mostly because I was around. I'll probably have to wait another Month or more for him to get here.:mad:

Cheers!
-Ian

Fusion
07-16-2009, 12:50 PM
My Hordak figures arrived in the mail today . . . Finally.
He's awesome looking.:D

StarwarsTF
07-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I got my hordak last week :) though passed on man at arms and looking for a beast man (missed it) i guess Chicago comic con here I come :(

I cant wait for trap jaw (december not 100%) and tri clops (august)

cky_ibm
07-17-2009, 10:29 AM
My Hordak figures arrived in the mail today . . . Finally.
He's awesome looking.:D

What part of the Country are you in?

Hopefully he'll come today!

Cheers!
-Ian

Evan
07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know what time these goes on sale at? I've been trying to collect them. I check mattycollector in the early morning and late morning. And then work often prevents me from checking again until mid-afternoon, and then they are sold out! I haven't resorted to ebay yet, but I may have to.

Scrapper6
07-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I would have loved to buy these and still want the entire line, but since they're all sold out and I am currently finacially destitue as it were I have no chance.

I refuse to resort to E-Bay, why can't the obvious success of these figures proove to Mattel that they should re-release them at Retail? Or at least make a larger production run to distribute through specialty dealers IE Comic Shops.:(

RyZoR
07-30-2009, 02:41 AM
I would have loved to buy these and still want the entire line, but since they're all sold out and I am currently finacially destitue as it were I have no chance.

I refuse to resort to E-Bay, why can't the obvious success of these figures proove to Mattel that they should re-release them at Retail? Or at least make a larger production run to distribute through specialty dealers IE Comic Shops.:(

You can purchase a subscription from Mattycollector.com which would guarantee the 2010 figures, not including the bonus figs though. . .

RyZoR
07-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Does anyone know what time these goes on sale at? I've been trying to collect them. I check mattycollector in the early morning and late morning. And then work often prevents me from checking again until mid-afternoon, and then they are sold out! I haven't resorted to ebay yet, but I may have to.

All figures are sold on the 15th @ 12:00 Noon EST, if it falls on a weekend or US holiday, its sold the following weekday, i.e. August

Scrapper6
08-02-2009, 08:54 AM
You can purchase a subscription from Mattycollector.com which would guarantee the 2010 figures, not including the bonus figs though. . .

Read Finacially Destitute I'd love to do that, but I no longer have a CC due to my own bad choices and my inability to handle it responsibly and also I don't have the funds on standby to pay off any bills incurred for subscribing. :(

FlightWeaponAlpha
08-18-2009, 01:32 PM
If anyone is interested in a Man-At-Arms, PM me and I will discuss how much and what not before listing on eBay for an exorbitant amount.
My conscience is forcing me to offer him up to other Canadian collector's before gouging.
Also, if there is enough interest, we could start to combine orders to reduce costs and then distribute when the figures arrive to the person with the credit card. Anyone interested in doing this?
Cheers,
JB

StarwarsTF
08-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Got tri-clops now the waiting period until hes in my hands!!!!
muhahahhahahahah!!

TSHawkeye
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
I was going to but I wasent really cool with the almost 40 bucks per figure. If they get a retail release(which was never ruled out) Ill grab them.

Evan
09-29-2009, 01:17 PM
All figures are sold on the 15th @ 12:00 Noon EST, if it falls on a weekend or US holiday, its sold the following weekday, i.e. August
Thanks. October 15th is approaching....:cool:

MisBio12
09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
So far got Zodac for 28 and he`s aswome im now debating on who to get next which person you recommd

StarwarsTF
09-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Next on my list Trapjaw!!!

RyZoR
09-30-2009, 11:29 PM
So far got Zodac for 28 and he`s aswome im now debating on who to get next which person you recommd

Man-At-Arms is awesome, comes with tons of extras such as Dagger, Mace, Blaster, 200X Power Sword, and Extra Head:eek:

ZoloWorld
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Hello gang,

If you are looking for a way to display your MOC figures check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdluKNwdf4Q

Super_Megatron
01-05-2010, 11:42 PM
So what's the final price of these figures after shipping/exchange for you guys? I'm thinking about picking up the Beast Man re-release next week and then the Skeletor/He-man re-release etc

StarwarsTF
01-06-2010, 12:24 AM
So what's the final price of these figures after shipping/exchange for you guys? I'm thinking about picking up the Beast Man re-release next week and then the Skeletor/He-man re-release etc

Depending if customs nails you these figures average out $30+ cdn. You need to order more items to keep the shipping low usually if you order one fig its like $8 US! :(

pattycakeman
01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I've been collecting this line for about 5 months now. The first month i got one figure (triclops) it was $20 USD plus $8.95 USD shipping. It took about 7 weeks to get to me because of customs, and i also had a $6 customs fee when i picked up the package.

Next month webstor arrived in about 3 weeks, $28.95 USD total. (no customs hold)

The next couple months i ordered 2 firgure $40 for the figures and only $8.95 for shipping.

I ordered 3 figures in Dec and the cost was $60 for figures $11.55 for shipping.

The average delivery time for me is about 6-7 weeks. Hope thats some good info for you.

Super_Megatron
01-06-2010, 01:19 PM
That's some good info guys. We should do some group orders with people in the same city to save some $.

Batman
01-06-2010, 07:24 PM

I just started collecting them myself. The regular shipping takes forever, most people in Ontario seem to get them in about 5-6 weeks.

You already missed out on the He-man reissue, but you can pick up the Battle Armor He-man in January along with Beast Man and hopefully the other half of the Skeletors.

I picked up a Teela on ebay today. She will be my sixth figure :)

Super_Megatron
01-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I was reading in the Mattel Q&A or their facebook page that they expect to offer He-Man again eventually, it's just a matter of time. Not sure if I want Battle Armor He-Man yet.

StarwarsTF
01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
OMG Feb. MOTU release figures are looking great! Finally Trap Jaw and Battle cat and that price better stay that way for Battle cat!!!

Forget it matty just bumped the price to $30 for BC!! Anyways I am still going to buy him!

Lofi_Power_Droid
03-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I have a friend who works at TRU in Ontario and he had some news for me, he gave me a list of DC universe UPC's that are attached to SKU's so I can see what figures are coming to Canada. Mind you I have to find what upc belongs to what figure on my own, which is kinda a hard thing to do. Anyway, he also gave me two UPC's for a new DC Universe 2-pack sku in the system. Well, after some searching it turns out they will be the DC / He-Man 2-packs. He told me that there are no orders made yet, but TRU had just recently put the item in the system. This was exciting news to me and I thought I would share it with my fellow Canadians. He also told me that the current DC 2-packs have been discontinued so a slim chance of seeing Supergirl up here and that the TRU Dark Knight movie masters is also in the system, but no orders have been made yet.

slowdowntubby
03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
That is excellent news about the 2 packs! I'm undecided yet whether I even want them but it's nice to see that those who want them might at least have a chance. I've got all the figures so far but I don't think I'm ready to start getting very minor He-Man and Skelly variations.

Lofi_Power_Droid
07-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, bad news. Looks like TRU Canada has canceled all orders for the DCUC/MOTUC 2-packs. Guess we won't get them up here after all.

I will ask my friend to get the inventory Sku for me so you all can call and find out for yourself first hand.

Evan
07-28-2010, 01:05 AM
When did that happen? I've passed on them a few times, so I could support them at TRU! I hope you are mistaken!

Drexl
07-28-2010, 12:13 PM
When did that happen? I've passed on them a few times, so I could support them at TRU! I hope you are mistaken!

Me too! I've had several opportunities to get them from friends seeing them in the states but I was like "No, I'll just wait till they come up to Canada" Damn!

StarwarsTF
07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Interesting.

Lofi_Power_Droid
07-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry for the late reply fellas, the sku is 407666.

The description will only say JL Universe 2-packs, but my friend did check the UPC's they have listed in the system under that sku and they did match the DCUC MOTUC 2-pack skus.

Sorry...

Remember, email your toysrus Canada often about what you want to see in their stores. Soon you will see more minimates and it is mostly thanks to the canadians over at minimatemultiverse emailing every week.

MisBio12
07-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Well, bad news. Looks like TRU Canada has canceled all orders for the DCUC/MOTUC 2-packs. Guess we won't get them up here after all.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn u toysrus:mad: at least i have 1 motuc toy

Quantum
08-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry for the late reply fellas, the sku is 407666.

The description will only say JL Universe 2-packs, but my friend did check the UPC's they have listed in the system under that sku and they did match the DCUC MOTUC 2-pack skus.

Sorry...

Remember, email your toysrus Canada often about what you want to see in their stores. Soon you will see more minimates and it is mostly thanks to the canadians over at minimatemultiverse emailing every week.

I'm glad that they've not been canceled. I really hope that more people get the chance to own these figs. They're so damn good! I'm surprised I held off for so long.

In fact, since I bought them, I had to buy half of season 1 of He-man and The Masters of the Universe for my son River to watch. He now thinks that He-man is the coolest ever. Even caught him imitating the "I have the power!" part of the transformation, then pointed his glow-stick to the side to transform Cringer into Battle Cat.

It was awesome!

StarwarsTF
08-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Got Orko and Molaar!!!!!!!!

Quantum
08-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Got Orko! And got shipping confirmation today. Yay!

StarwarsTF
09-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Finally they have arrived!!! :) :)

Evan
09-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Nice. I missed out on the set. :( Is it everything you dreamed of and more?

I also didn't join Club Eternia this year. It sounded like too much stuff to buy, and I didn't necessarily want all the beasts and oversize figures. This way, I'll just snag the figures I really want as long as they don't sell out first!

Super_Megatron
09-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I didn't join Club Eternia either, I'm not actually interested in all the figures, just the characters I had as a kid.

pattycakeman
09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I was very lukewarm on the set but since I think I NEEEED to have everything, I bought it and now i just love the set. just makes me laugh its high comedy from molarr's creepy smile to skeletor's thumbs up while missing a tooth..

It is a lot to buy, I'm quickly running out of display space for all these figures (they are all MOC until i get some proper display cases). But not having to fight with Matty site will be awesome!

Rogue_Optimus
09-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Has anyone checked out Matty yet? They posted Sept. figs

Batman
09-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Got my Orko in the mail a couple weeks ago, he is a rad little dude. Looks like I get a break in September.

Rogue_Optimus
09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Just signed up for next yr. I did get the Molarr and Orko set now. Haven't had a chance to look at them more closely yet, way too many packages came in while I was away for work this week.