PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Wars: Season 2: Episode 17 Discussion Thread

Robimus
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2010/03/15/Clone-Wars-s02e17-Bounty-Hunters-02.jpg

"Bounty Hunters, we don't need their scum............"

Robimus
03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
This looks to be really cool if for nothing else than a bunch of new characters.:)

Haggis
03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Could this be teh motley crew that i read Boba fett was teh Head off?

I HOPE SO

SPLIT LIP
03-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Well, nuts. Looks like it was a repeat on Teletoon tonight. Hopefully it's just so we're on par with the US.

MisBio12
03-26-2010, 09:50 PM
great epi kick ass
guy with the big ass hat looked sick

Prowl_2009
03-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Haven't watched it yet, wondering if Fett or Bossk show up... :confused:

SPLIT LIP
03-26-2010, 10:20 PM
great epi kick ass
guy with the big ass hat looked sickWhere did you watch it?

Robimus
03-27-2010, 02:06 AM
On Teletoon :) It should replay tomorrow.

Spoilers below of course.

I really, really enjoyed this episode, almost in every single way.

First it was nice to see an episode with all three of the main characters in Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ahsoka.

Next they were actually doing something very Jedi like by actually helping the innocent. They were not just blindly fighting a war or planning assassinations of Seperatist leaders like Grievous. The episode actually touches subtly on Jedi morality, and if leaving these almost helpless settlers to their fate is the right thing to do.

The settlers, Aleenas I believe(like one of the Pod Racers, Ratts Tyrell, and Tsui Choi from the EU) were happy to see the Jedi, believing that the Jedi had come to help them-something Obi-Wan immediatly dismisses.

Obi-Wan actually veiws the farmers with some disdain because they have hired mercs to protect themselves, but refuses to help the farmers himself as its getting in the way of there mission. Thankfully Anakin and Ahsoka are a lot more kind hearted than Obi-Wan and his Jedi poodoo.

The Mercs were so incredible its hard to describe. Sugi was an excellent, honorable leader of the merc team while Embo with his alien language and saucer hat is a super cool martial artist who kicks much butt in the episode. The little alien in the Droid Warrior, Serapist, is another really fun new character, and even the hooded sniper has her moments.

In short this crew is what the Mandalorians could have and should have been........... ;)

Obi-Wan's hypocrisy knows no bounds. Why refusing to help the farmers to fight while he continues to berate the Mercs is beyond me. Typical Jedi scum...........

The Jedi decide to train the farmers to defend themselves so they will be able to look after themselves in the future, not just against Hondo's crew.

Hondo and his Lizard Monkey are still a lot of fun. About the only problem I have with the whole episode is the extended lightsaber battle between Hondo and Anakin. Hondo should be no match for Anakin, yet the battle is presented as fairly epic.

And the Lizard Monkey can drive a tank. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/4.gif

And there was a Rancor cameo. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/4.gif

I hope we don't have to wait too long to see this Merc team in action again. Embo snapping necks and blocking blaster shots with his hat was sooooo cool it makes him instantly perhaps my favorite Clone Wars character of all time. Kinda what Boba was to the OT. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/4.gif

Serapist beating down the Weequay on the speeder after his suit gets damaged was a great moment as well. Size matters not...............

Great Episode, probably the best one Season 2 has delivered in my eyes. http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/1.gif

Robimus
03-27-2010, 02:23 AM
So according to the Wook, Embo is a Phatrong(which would be a new species).

And he's got a modified bowcaster:D

Damn, this dude is instantly one my favorite Star Wars characters of all time list!

Prowl_2009
03-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Sounds like an awesome episode!!! I can't wait!!! :D

SPLIT LIP
03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
The dude with the big hat kicked ass. I never thought headwear could stop gunfire. And he had MOVES. Toy nao Hasbro plz.

I like that we saw a side of Obi-wan that frankly I, on some levels, agree with. It seems so many planets are content to just let pirates or Seps push them around if it means not getting up and doing something about it. He totally has a point. If more planets stood up for themselves a lot less would be Seperatist-owned. Though when it comes to his actual actions it seems less that he didn't want to help, and more that he felt he needed to report the missing medical station.

That said, I found the actual villagers a little uninspired design-wise. They were very under-detailed, weren't particularily memorable. The Bounty Hunters totally made up for it with interesting and unique designs. Any one of them could've been the star of their own episode.

Felucia was stunning. I can't imagine how long it took, though I seem to remember a brief scene at the beginning of the season that took place on it as well, but this set was 100% better. I can't wait until this season comes out on Blu-ray so I can watch it in true Hi-def.

There were other little things, like the vulture deployer and that funky Jedi D-ship making it's return.

Prowl_2009
03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Another busy weekend ahead, so it looks like I'll be watching this episode some time through the week hopefully.

Robimus
03-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Obi-Wan definitly wasn't against helping despite his words. I think he's was just worried about "picking up strays" like Master Qui-Gon used to.

StarwarsTF
03-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Ill have to download this one.

Prowl_2009
03-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Obi-Wan definitly wasn't against helping despite his words. I think he's was just worried about "picking up strays" like Master Qui-Gon used to.

Was thinking that myself. Probably didn't want to fall into the same habit as his Master, who picked up both the boy responsible for the downfall of the Jedi Order and the most annoying Gungan warrior known this side of the Outer Rim territories. :p

Prowl_2009
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Ill have to download this one.

It was pretty good and Embo kicks ass! :cool: Nice to see Hondo back again too! :D

pud333
03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Hat dude was great, but that was about it. It was better than last ep, but this season is still lacking, IMO.

Prowl_2009
03-31-2010, 08:53 AM
I really hope Hasbro is planning on an Embo figure, he was so awesome! I really thought Hondo was going to get his this episode.