PDA

View Full Version : Post your questions for the Hasbro MARVEL Q&A

Super_Megatron
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Please note questions that are Canadian specific will be given priority when we determine which questions to submit.

Topics open for discussion – Deco Decisions, Design Choices, Design Process/Development and Redeco/Retooling. Also, questions pertaining to past and current Line Strategy and Marketing.

Topics that cannot be addressed - “When will X toy be made/redesigned/released?”, Hypothetical, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign and Future Movie/Entertainment.

Super_Megatron
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Any questions are due by tomorrow.

Banshee
04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Will the following Iron Man 2 Exlcusive figures show up in Canada?

-3'75'' Hall of Armors Mark IV, VI and War Machine (Target Exclusives in the US);
-Advanced Tactical Armors 3 pack (Kmart Exclusive in the US)

klown23
04-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Will the Iron Man 2 Walmart Exclusive 6" line will be sold in Canada? If so, any date announced?

MisBio12
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
will the 2010 waves of marvel universe come out to canada

ironpupz
04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok this is been bothering me but and I hope u guys ask this but

Why is it that canada gets the short end of the stick why r some figures not released to us like bullseye and why are we never updated with the newest waves the states r going to be three waves ahead of us
We just onli recenyly seen wave five
and no gigantic battle set either why why why

Super_Megatron
05-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Any questions for the next round?

JSon
05-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Are there any plans to continue with the Iron Man: Armored Adventures toyline. Possibly when the second season begins?

WildMike
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Was Wave 6 (Jean Grey, Sunfire, Vision, etc.) produced on multi-ligual cards and, if so, will it ever make its way to Canada?

Bonus question for the Hasbro Marvel folks: who likes cheddar cheese more, Union Jack or Daredevil?

Sergatron
05-04-2010, 04:22 PM
How come there is such a great price difference in figures? Especially for the MU line in the states the figures sell for roughly 7 dollars. But in Canada the figures are 10 dollars. The American and Canadian dollar are almost at par but the difference is still that great.

UltraPrimal
05-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Why is it that the new Spider-Man 3.75" line figures have so little articulation, and are just overall worse in design and quality, when compared to the Marvel Universe line or Iron Man 2 movie line figures? A lot of them don't have any leg movement. Even the so-called "super articulated" Spider-Man in that line is in fact less articulated than the Spider-Man figures in the Marvel Universe line. I just find it odd that the Spider-Man line is so inferior to previous Marvel 3.75" lines.

pdaaat
05-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Will there be any Marvel cosmic figures (GOTG, Nova) coming?

Robimus
05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Why is it that the new Spider-Man 3.75" line figures have so little articulation, and are just overall worse in design and quality, when compared to the Marvel Universe line or Iron Man 2 movie line figures? A lot of them don't have any leg movement. Even the so-called "super articulated" Spider-Man in that line is in fact less articulated than the Spider-Man figures in the Marvel Universe line. I just find it odd that the Spider-Man line is so inferior to previous Marvel 3.75" lines.

I think this is a good question, at a glance. We just would want to make it a bit more politically correct is all:)

Something like:

Why is it that the new Spider-Man 3.75" line figures has so little articulation, and have been designed in a more simplistic manner than other Marvel action figure lines?

Their different style is very noticable when compared to the Iron Man 2 and Marvel Universe figures.

UltraPrimal
05-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I think this is a good question, at a glance. We just would want to make it a bit more politically correct is all:)

Something like:

Why is it that the new Spider-Man 3.75" line figures has so little articulation, and have been designed in a more simplistic manner than other Marvel action figure lines?

Their different style is very noticable when compared to the Iron Man 2 and Marvel Universe figures.
That's cool with me. I guess it's better than saying "Why do the Spider-Man toys suck, while the Iron Man and Marvel toy rock?";)lol

Super_Megatron
05-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Last call for this round.

ironpupz
05-06-2010, 04:00 PM
How come we get the latest figures so late compared to the state. We haven't seen secret wars wave six or gigantic battles not to mention the new iron man waves like hulkbuster

cloud
05-06-2010, 07:18 PM
That's cool with me. I guess it's better than saying "Why do the Spider-Man toys suck, while the Iron Man and Marvel toy rock?";)lol

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything but I've been reading Hasbro's Q&A for a while and I already knew what they are going to say:
" The Spiderman line and the Marvel Universe and Ironman2 line are handled by different teams and they each work independently."

They will answer u why it's different. It' just easier to rephrase the question to something like " compared to IM2 and MU, the Spidey line is weaker in the articulation and have a more simpler design. Can the articulation be improved?"
Hope that helps. :)

UltraPrimal
05-07-2010, 02:53 AM
However AFN want's to phrase it when they send it to Hasbro is cool with me.:)

It just baffles me how Spider-Man(former flagship of Marvel, before Iron Man kicked him in the web-shooter) is getting a line of figures inferior to any other 3.75" line that Hasbro produces. They're almost as bad as the DC figures of the same size. My Rhino is practically a statue, and his "attachable armor" keeps detaching by itself. Most of the sculpts themselves are great, love the details. They're just not pose-able. I love Spider-Man and he deserves better.

ironhide_warmachine
05-17-2010, 01:21 PM
is it possible to resupply canada walmarts (specifically ontario) with the 6" ironman figures (warmachine above all). i am sure most canadians didn't even get a wiff of the first 6" wave. or rerelease the same molds and distribute it according to the demands. how is it that hasbro doesn't know how to properly sell a good mold?

Super_Megatron
05-17-2010, 01:49 PM
is it possible to resupply canada walmarts (specifically ontario) with the 6" ironman figures (warmachine above all). i am sure most canadians didn't even get a wiff of the first 6" wave. or rerelease the same molds and distribute it according to the demands. how is it that hasbro doesn't know how to properly sell a good mold?
Hasbro sells what the retailer orders. Your frustration should be directed to Walmart to order more toys.

Super_Megatron
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Questions are due tomorrow Thursday June 3rd for the next round. Post ASAP!

ironpupz
06-03-2010, 12:31 AM
First question. Are u guys planning to rerelease bullseye and the human torch (flamed on) because I can speak for everyone when I say canada missed out on these 2 figures for my collection (edit that out if u feel so).

Second question. We were told the gigantic battles would show up on retail in canada but we have yet to see them, and iv been heariing that there like going onsale and all that in the state. When are we expecting to see them? If u are aloud to answer that.

Third question. Since there is no target in canada, will any of the "target exclusives" show up in canada? Like the halls of armor.

A repeat question just still bugging me, we are still way behind on waves, why is it like this??? Iron man 2 latest waves with the hulkbuster?

iamian98
08-01-2010, 12:18 AM
-Will the new marvel legends 2 packs come to Canada
-Is the MU galactus gonna come to Canada?

Super_Megatron
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Need to send in questions now, post ASAP!

MisBio12
08-06-2010, 02:20 PM
With the new articulation on the sdcc captain america will see that type of articulation on new figures in the future

m.arndt
09-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Has Wal-Mart ordered any more Iron Man 2 6" figures? Specifically the mark IV?

pdaaat
10-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Are we going to see wave 8 reissued at Canadian retail?

m.arndt
10-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Hasbro: Have you had any luck convincing TRU Canada to carry the new Marvel Legends 2 packs?

Super_Megatron
11-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Post your Marvel related questions now! They are due by the end of the day today!

Napseeker
11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
1. As a big fan of Frank Miller's Daredevil era, I'd been waiting to get my hands on a 3.75" Daredevil figure for ages. But I was disappointed with the mold used for your initial Daredevil figure (mainly because of the design of his neck and upper body, which seemed a bit too overly muscular sporting an oddly angular neck). Now that you're doing these terrific 2 packs of "greatest battles" would you someday consider redoing Daredevil using a different body mold perhaps paired up with Elektra? You've obviously got a wider library of male upper body molds now, I'd love to see a different take on Daredevil instead of just re-releasing the same mold again.

2. Is there any reason why there are no comic book figures in the upcoming Thor movie line? With Iron Man 2, you guys included some figures from both the film and from the comics (I bought mainly just the comic book inspired figures). I'd been hoping to get a better comic book Thor than the one from the Secret Wars 2 packs (which had a bit of an oaf-ish looking head that didn't look all that heroic) so is there a chance wave2 might offer more comic book characters?

3. Over in the Star Wars line, we often get many figures that come with removable helmets (Vader, Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, etc). I was wondering if Hasbro has considered offering something similar for the Marvel figures just as a way of offering a modest improvement on existing figures like Magneto, Aim soldier, Dr Doom (with his repaired face from Secret Wars), Iron Man, etc. It'd be nice to have the ability the "unmask" the figure, basically.

Toy Gremlin
11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Q1) In the Star Wars line, Hasbro has given fans battle packs. Are there any plans to do the same for the Marvel Universe line? Perhaps a World War Hulk or X-men Second Coming battle pack.

Q2) With the Marvel VS Capcom 3 video game coming out next year, has Marvel contacted Hasbro about creating an exclusive figure for the collectors/special editions of the game?

pdaaat
12-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Will we see more Marvel Cosmic? Nova, Guardian of the Galaxy?

m.arndt
12-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Can you tell us the regular case vs. variant case split for the new Marvel Legends 2 packs? It seems to be that everyone is only finding the variant cases after their initial release. Any chance there will be more regular versions released? I still need to track down Black Widow (not grey Widow) and a red Deadpool!

m.arndt
12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Are the Marvel Legends 2 packs still shipping to Canadian Toys R Us stores? No one seems to be finding them any more...

StarwarsTF
12-30-2010, 06:53 PM
When will Hasbro jump to make 6' SW figs like the marvel lines? I'm not talking about all of them but a nice few half a dozen for an exclusive collection??

BOBAMURPH
01-15-2011, 04:29 AM
My local Zellers was carrying those Iron Man Hall of Armors for around $12.00

relentless
03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Maybe you guys already know the answers to these, but I don't:

What ever happened to the Iron Man Actor 3-pack?
How many variants of the Marvel Universe Black Widow will there be & when will they be released?

Napseeker
03-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Has Marvel ever considered doing figures with the heroes in their civilian identities? For example, Peter Parker as a photog or Bruce Banner dressed as a scientist wearing glasses, or Steve Rogers before he's given the super-serum, Matt Murdock as a blind lawyer, etc.

If put into a 2pack with the character in civilian dress and then in their superhero outfits, surely that would make it more marketable. You already have some civilian outfit sculpts from the Wolverine Origins line that could be put to use or even shared tooling from GI Joe for things like briefcases, soldier uniforms and labcoats.

Eko123
03-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Would there be any plans to re-release hard-to-find figures in comic 2-packs with new characters?

Like say, Vision with the Scarlet Witch? Or Bullseye with Elektra?

pdaaat
04-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Will the latest wave of Gigantic Battles (Goliath, Frost Giant) be coming to Canada?

Kal-El
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
So now that there's 1 year of questions when will the answers be posted?