PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane and Disney, whats the future?

Robimus
04-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Since Mcfarlane and Disney have teamed together on the new Prince of Persia Acion figure line I'm wondering....does anyone think that McFarlane is poised to return as a major Action Figure producer in the near future?

I mean they used to be huge but over the past few years they have really produced a lot less product lines. Now with Prince of Persia(and the new MLB line) they seem to be making a move toward the 4 inch size of action figure.

Can we be very far away from seeing a 4 inch line of figures akin to DC and Marvel, but featuring the Spawn Universe? It seems like a strong possibility to me.

Evan
04-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Very good question. I think Spawn figures in scale with the DC and Marvel stuff would be very cool to furthur expand my army of comic book heroes!

As far as the future of McFarlane and Disney, I find it hard to speculate. Mattel seems to have the licence for animated features excluding the Pixar shorts as far as I know. It will be interesting to see if Prince of Persia is just for that movie, or if it is some kind of umbrella live-action licence. I suspect it would just be for that movie franchise.

I'm trying to recall who made the Pirates of the Carribean figures, but I can't remember for sure. And then Disney Store carried figures that weren't at the big box stores too.